Bluehost Employee Reviews

Tech support call center
Server Professional (Tier 2 Support) (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 16, 2017
Inbound tech support for hosting customers, calls could be about billing, domain issues, DNS, Site development, server issues, ect...
Learned new things everyday.
Pros
Commision
Cons
call center
If they weren't moving it to Arizona I would defiantly stay.
Server Professional Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 5, 2017
It was a sad day when it was announced that our corporate management made the decision to move the company to Arizona and lay off nearly 600 employees. I understand their decision and hold no animosity towards Bluehost. I had a great opportunity to learn and grow with this company and I hope that it continues to grow and thrive.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Cons
Micromanaged from a far based off of stats they don't understand.
Not a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
Friends are promoted over qualified individuals. Their support department doesn't care about the customer and solving the problem they only care about making money off of up-selling customers unneeded products.
Pros
Techs are a fun group of people
Cons
Management is clueless.
Educational place
Web Hosting Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work and learn how to form and manage a website. As a coach, worked with several great people that improved my life.
Fast Paced environment with little room to grow
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Work for BlueHost is pretty average place to work. Typically you will spend your full shift talking to callers who are angry and who do actually need assistance but the tools you are given are not enough and there is not enought help when you need it
Not your average call center job
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at work, you always had someone ready to help when it was needed. they gave you opportunity to grow and learn and they encouraged it.
pretty lame, not put together
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 15, 2017
company is not doing very well and there are a lot of issues with management. they fired a ton of the upper level management all at once. that pretty much says it all.
Highly stressful work environment.
Web adviser (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTOctober 10, 2016
In the beginning we provided excellent customer service to web hosting customers. After changing hands the company work culture changed. There was an increased demand for higher sales and less emphasis on customer satisfaction. At the same time the work force was reduced. This resulted in increased stress and a feeling that there was less job security.
Pros
It was possible to earn quite a lot.
Cons
Often training and communication was slow, new products were released before they were ready, and before training employees.
Was once great
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 26, 2016
The company has lost its way. After being acquired by Endurance International emphasis was placed on a quick buck and less on support. In the last 6 months I was at the company not once was technical support training given to me. All the training I received was with regard to sales. Sales to customers who did not need upgraded in servers. Sales to customers who did not want to get pitched something every time they called for support.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
to much sales
Typical Call Center
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 20, 2016
This is an inbound call center and you have to deal with customer's who are not always pleasant. They do offer good benefits and match your 401K which is nice.
Pros
Commission, benefits, 401K
Cons
Dealing with mean customers
don't bother
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 26, 2016
Bluehost Host is a company that doesnt care about employees low wage little oppertunity for advancement. the company use to good then got bought by eig a corporaste giant that is ruining the company enviroment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low wage
Bluehost Web Adviser
Web Adviser (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 22, 2016
Not sufficient pay for the amount of work expected to accomplish/technical knowledge, you are told to use Google to solve issues if nobody knows.
Really is a sales job although they don't really get that across to you before working there.
Not adequate support staff so long hold times for customers which angers customers by the time they get through to representative.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay low
Bluehost is a great company to work for.
Billing Specialist Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 19, 2016
A typical day would be helping customers with their websites, either by phone or chat. Would be multitasking by being on the phone and helping on chats.

I loved being a billing specialist 2, because I was able to help answer questions for other employees regarding their calls or chats.

Hardest part of the job was when we had downtime and the customers websites were effected by being down.

Most enjoyable part of the job was online chats and helping my fellow co-workers. Great environment and plenty of growth opportunities.
Strong IT Starting Step
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 13, 2016
This position gave me a good foothold into the IT path. Providing me with the education, and quarterly goals to push me forward. But the distance became too much without a vehicle at the time.

Within a short time period I was moved up to chat support. Providing support for up to 5 customers at a time on the chat system. This provided a good challenge.

The coworkers and management were easily accessible preventing a backlog or delay on resolving issue's. Training was very strong, and provided a nice comfort level before beginning on the floor.
Pros
Lots to do on break, Large work environment, Mutual policy and ethics between company and employees.
Cons
Distance but this is a personal con not a company con.
Good employer
Retention, Customer Service, and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 28, 2016
Bluehost is a great employer. That is why I stayed with them for SO long! They had flexible hours, good pay, pto, commission, and other perks that made me and my family very happy.

Every day I got to talk to customers. Some were upset, but Bluehost gave us the tools to help them out and make sure they were happy. By the end of almost every call, I was able to turn most frowns upside down.

I learned a lot from Bluehost. Mostly about technology and how far we've really become. I learned about products, about SEO, website builders, and really how to gage and interact with people.

The managers seemed to care about me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the great pay. It really helped me and my family out.
Monitors employee statistics heavily, low pay for knowledge required.
Senior Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2016
Job advancement stales out quickly. Mangement does nothing productive for their pay, they would rather play nerf gun battles in the office then help their employees. Senior web advisor has an incredible amount of duties, including old management issues that they delegated to us because they are too lazy. We have to handle 4-6 live chats at one time answering very complex dns, hosting bugs, website errors, etc.
Pros
Choose your own hours since its 24/7 call center
Cons
Overworked and under paid
Lots of work
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 22, 2016
Gave me a lot of good jobs. The pay kind of sucked, but I was 18 living at home so it was that bad. The best part of the job was looking back at the project that I helped build and saying I really accomplished something.
Great for getting started in the tech world.
Customer Service Mentor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 13, 2016
I started at bluehost in 2013 with little knowledge of tech. I began in the billing department while going to school for IT. I advanced to technical 9 months later and grew in my knowledge of Linux and web hosting. 9 months later I was promoted to the Terms of Service Department which further helped me advance in my skills for the future.
Pros
learning, friendly, foodtrucks
Cons
Sales expectations sometimes made learning stressful.
Fun place to work, pay could be higher :)
July 2014, made senior web advisor in January 2015 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2015
I love Bluehost and the only reason I'd leave is of course better pay (gotta feed the family!) I highly recommend it though if you have any tech skills, and aren't earning at least $15/hour.
Good place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 2, 2014
A good company to work for because they make an effort to create a good environment for employees. Benefits are nice too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluehost. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9