Bluehost Employee Reviews in United States

Monitors employee statistics heavily, low pay for knowledge required.
Senior Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2016
Job advancement stales out quickly. Mangement does nothing productive for their pay, they would rather play nerf gun battles in the office then help their employees. Senior web advisor has an incredible amount of duties, including old management issues that they delegated to us because they are too lazy. We have to handle 4-6 live chats at one time answering very complex dns, hosting bugs, website errors, etc.
Pros
Choose your own hours since its 24/7 call center
Cons
Overworked and under paid
Good employer
Retention, Customer Service, and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 28, 2016
Bluehost is a great employer. That is why I stayed with them for SO long! They had flexible hours, good pay, pto, commission, and other perks that made me and my family very happy.

Every day I got to talk to customers. Some were upset, but Bluehost gave us the tools to help them out and make sure they were happy. By the end of almost every call, I was able to turn most frowns upside down.

I learned a lot from Bluehost. Mostly about technology and how far we've really become. I learned about products, about SEO, website builders, and really how to gage and interact with people.

The managers seemed to care about me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the great pay. It really helped me and my family out.
Great for getting started in the tech world.
Customer Service Mentor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 13, 2016
I started at bluehost in 2013 with little knowledge of tech. I began in the billing department while going to school for IT. I advanced to technical 9 months later and grew in my knowledge of Linux and web hosting. 9 months later I was promoted to the Terms of Service Department which further helped me advance in my skills for the future.
Pros
learning, friendly, foodtrucks
Cons
Sales expectations sometimes made learning stressful.
Lots of work
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 22, 2016
Gave me a lot of good jobs. The pay kind of sucked, but I was 18 living at home so it was that bad. The best part of the job was looking back at the project that I helped build and saying I really accomplished something.
Fun place to work, pay could be higher :)
July 2014, made senior web advisor in January 2015 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2015
I love Bluehost and the only reason I'd leave is of course better pay (gotta feed the family!) I highly recommend it though if you have any tech skills, and aren't earning at least $15/hour.
Decent, if your supervisor isn't incompetent
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 25, 2014
Working at Bluehost was one of the coolest experiences that I've ever had, intellectually and professionally. If you are about to start here though, I recommend NOT taking the Graveyard position. The head supervisor on that shift is extremely cold and unforgiving. He has no interpersonal skills, and his entire team hated him right up until the time that I decided to leave.
Pros
great team
Cons
graveyard supervisor
Bluehost was a challenging place to work
Terms of Service / Compliance (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work would include reviewing spam reports from security companies such as Spamcop and SpamHaus. I would take those reports, view the email headers and deactivate an account due to sending spam emails, deactivate the mail services on a hosting account for spam or spamvertising, or take another action

My day also included providing Terms of Service support to Technical Support agents on the call floor and directly to customers. I would review customers accounts with them and use SSH / Bash to detect malware and viruses on their account.

I learned a lot about the Linux environment as well as SSH / Bash as i was needing to use them on a daily basis. This was also the hardest part of the job. The learning curve to learn SSH is quite steep.
Pros
air hockey, pool, food
Cons
unforgiving
A great place to work
Technical support level 1 (Former Employee) –  1600s. Lindon UtJanuary 18, 2014
Working at bluehost was great, they really take the time to help you if you don't know the cause of any issue you are seeing. I learned a lot about the workings of a website, and every day I got to speak with at least 30 people over the phone with unique issues. The employees are very friendly, honestly the hardest part was how many different things you had to know for each individual issue.
Pros
great compensation and twenty dollars a month for the snack bar.
Cons
high stress environment.
Growing company but Diminishing culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 13, 2014
When I first began working for this company, I enjoyed the employee benefits as well as the management. However, over time I saw the company turn from a family-friendly local business into a corporate environment where taking care of its employees is on the lowest tier of importance.
Pros
free $20 balance for food/snacks each month
Cons
cold/apathetic workforce
Good pay, good people...not super great managment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 25, 2012
My supervisor seemed to find the smallest errors and ended up getting me let go because they did not care enough to help me instead of writing me up. I feel that the supervisor personally didn't care for me and was looking for excuses to get rid of me.
Pros
snacks and games
Cons
training is not sufficient, breaks are short and billing supervisor is unfair
Fun workplace with ping pong tables and arcade machines
Level 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UtahOctober 1, 2013
My experience with Bluehost has been pleasant for the most part. My only qualm is upper level management has a tendency to push for numbers over quality of work.
Pros
$20 a month for food, arcade machines, pool table, ping pong tables, air hockey table
Cons
poor upper level management
Great place to begin a career, good people and challenging.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 28, 2013
Bluehost is the perfect place for a newly graduated college student or someone who's wanting to learn new technologies.
Pros
some free food provided, good people and solid product base.
Cons
pay is lower than it should be
fun people to work with
Supervisor/Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 16, 2014
There isn't much room for advancement. Management requires that everyone does Helpful Recommendations (Up selling) with every call.
Pros
free food, lots of activities, ping pong, pool table, and more
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great place to work and fun managers
Outbound Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  orem utJanuary 29, 2014
They managers were really fun to work with. Really nice people. Had free food and basketball courts and ping pong tables for breaks
Pros
free food
Cons
talking with anger customers
Sweatshop
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 4, 2012
After taking 90 calls a day, you were dead tired. Barely enough energy left to make it home at night. Quota was 45-50/day, and doubling that earned me no advancement, no reward, no anything but a headache.
Pros
dual monitors
Cons
everything
Good place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 2, 2014
A good company to work for because they make an effort to create a good environment for employees. Benefits are nice too.