Bluehost

Bluehost Employer Reviews

fun people to work with
Supervisor/Recruiting (Current Employee), Orem, UTMay 16, 2014
Pros: free food, lots of activities, ping pong, pool table, and more
Cons: not much room for advancement
There isn't much room for advancement. Management requires that everyone does Helpful Recommendations (Up selling) with every call.
Great place to work and fun managers
Outbound Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), orem utJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: talking with anger customers
They managers were really fun to work with. Really nice people. Had free food and basketball courts and ping pong tables for breaks
A great place to work
Technical support level 1 (Former Employee), 1600s. Lindon UtJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great compensation and twenty dollars a month for the snack bar.
Cons: high stress environment.
Working at bluehost was great, they really take the time to help you if you don't know the cause of any issue you are seeing. I learned a lot about the workings of a website, and every day I got to speak with at least 30 people over the phone with unique issues. The employees are very friendly, honestly the hardest part was how many different things – more... you had to know for each individual issue. – less
Growing company but Diminishing culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free $20 balance for food/snacks each month
Cons: cold/apathetic workforce
When I first began working for this company, I enjoyed the employee benefits as well as the management. However, over time I saw the company turn from a family-friendly local business into a corporate environment where taking care of its employees is on the lowest tier of importance.
Great place to begin a career, good people and challenging.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Orem, UTDecember 28, 2013
Pros: some free food provided, good people and solid product base.
Cons: pay is lower than it should be
Bluehost is the perfect place for a newly graduated college student or someone who's wanting to learn new technologies.
Great place to work, and had a very awesome break room.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great break room, nice people
Cons: really early shift
I would just help customers with their billing accounts. I learned a lot about the interface they used, Everyone there was really friendly. The hardest part of the job were my hours, but the most enjoyable part was being able to help people.
Sweatshop
Technical Support (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 4, 2012
Pros: dual monitors
Cons: everything
After taking 90 calls a day, you were dead tired. Barely enough energy left to make it home at night. Quota was 45-50/day, and doubling that earned me no advancement, no reward, no anything but a headache.
Good pay, good people...not super great managment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: snacks and games
Cons: training is not sufficient, breaks are short and billing supervisor is unfair
My supervisor seemed to find the smallest errors and ended up getting me let go because they did not care enough to help me instead of writing me up. I feel that the supervisor personally didn't care for me and was looking for excuses to get rid of me.