Bluehost Employee Reviews

Prior to IPO, it was once a great company with a great culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 20, 2017
At one point, Bluehost was one of the most revered tech companies in Utah. I had the opportunity to work there and advance in my career in a high performance culture. Things started to dwindle (quickly) after the IPO. Bluehost's mission was changed from a service-oriented company, who put their employees and customers first, to having a greater responsibility to their investors. As a result, the culture decayed and upper/middle management with great leaders ceased to exist because EIG decided to change its direction.
Pros
Great people, hard workers, good benefits, ability to advance career before I left
Cons
Since Q4 2016, a major shift in EIG created 100's of layoffs in Utah, no trust in uppoer management, they create an environment of fear
Stressful and poor management by leaders in the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 19, 2017
Managemeny is Number driven and cares little 5o nothing about customer success and longevity. Terrible insurance options. Continually raised goals and lowered commissions.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Cut throat environment
Competitive and fun workplace with great activities
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 17, 2017
phone calls were competitive, coworkers were cool and competitive, management was outstanding but annoying (micromanagers). commission pay was good. the sales tactics they tried to enforce were too harsh for the target market of most customers. good activities for holidays, and hard working end of the month rewards for everyone
Pros
good schedules, activities, great commission structure
Cons
rude coworkers, vulgar language, horrible/unhealthy food intake from employees
Used to be a great place to work...
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 12, 2017
My review is based on my time there, which ended 7 months ago. Endurance International Group decided to move all of the jobs down to Tempe, AZ. I hear good things about the culture there, but have not actually worked at the Tempe location personally.
Pros
Solid product
Cons
It's in Tempe now
Fun and educational work enviroment
Sever Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 7, 2017
Job provided numerous paths of advancement, prioritized promotion within. Great environment for gaining skills and experience for promotion moving up.
Was great to start only got worse
Sales Representative / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 18, 2017
When I started at Bluehost it was great. You were respected and treated as a human. As time went on you became a number. Then benefits and pay were cut. They then started laying people off saying they wouldn't lay anyone else off. It was a flat lie. Within the next four months they laid everyone off. Management is inexperienced and it shows. Poorly managed they don't know how to manage a call center to ensure good support.
Pros
Benefits (insurance)
Cons
Basically everything
Tech support call center
Server Professional (Tier 2 Support) (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 16, 2017
Inbound tech support for hosting customers, calls could be about billing, domain issues, DNS, Site development, server issues, ect...
Learned new things everyday.
Pros
Commision
Cons
call center
Productive, fun, on site gym, ping pong table weekly fruit provided
web advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 9, 2017
Work is helping customers with server related issues.
I learned a lot about servers, command line and site builders.
I felt comfortable working there with others, no one seemed to judge anyone.
The hardest part of the job was some of the training.
I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed helping and teaching the customers about what their products did for them.
Pros
Free food, gym, plenty of Paid time off and great benefits
Cons
communication with the lower techs is not very good
If they weren't moving it to Arizona I would defiantly stay.
Server Professional Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 5, 2017
It was a sad day when it was announced that our corporate management made the decision to move the company to Arizona and lay off nearly 600 employees. I understand their decision and hold no animosity towards Bluehost. I had a great opportunity to learn and grow with this company and I hope that it continues to grow and thrive.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Cons
Micromanaged from a far based off of stats they don't understand.
Not a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
Friends are promoted over qualified individuals. Their support department doesn't care about the customer and solving the problem they only care about making money off of up-selling customers unneeded products.
Pros
Techs are a fun group of people
Cons
Management is clueless.

Want to know more about Bluehost?

Ask a question
It used to be great
Manager Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 28, 2017
The buy out was something that brought about change, change that was not with the original owners. They are moving everything to Arizona now.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 3, 2017
Bluehost has a great environment centered on learning and growth. As a Server Professional I support our VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller Customers in a Linux CentOS & cPanel/WHM environment.
Educational place
Web Hosting Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work and learn how to form and manage a website. As a coach, worked with several great people that improved my life.
Fast Paced environment with little room to grow
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Work for BlueHost is pretty average place to work. Typically you will spend your full shift talking to callers who are angry and who do actually need assistance but the tools you are given are not enough and there is not enought help when you need it
Not your average call center job
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at work, you always had someone ready to help when it was needed. they gave you opportunity to grow and learn and they encouraged it.
Was a Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 17, 2017
Company was a great company to work for until they stopped caring about the sales team and cut the whole sales floor. New leadership without experience making changes.
pretty lame, not put together
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 15, 2017
company is not doing very well and there are a lot of issues with management. they fired a ton of the upper level management all at once. that pretty much says it all.
A great place to work, but not a final destination for creatives
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 6, 2017
I've really loved my time at Bluehost. They're fair, they work hard, and they really try to take care of both their customers and their employees. It's been a great experience, though it's not a good final destination for an illustrator/designer who really wants to stretch their creative wings.
Highly stressful work environment.
Web adviser (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTOctober 10, 2016
In the beginning we provided excellent customer service to web hosting customers. After changing hands the company work culture changed. There was an increased demand for higher sales and less emphasis on customer satisfaction. At the same time the work force was reduced. This resulted in increased stress and a feeling that there was less job security.
Pros
It was possible to earn quite a lot.
Cons
Often training and communication was slow, new products were released before they were ready, and before training employees.
Was once great
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 26, 2016
The company has lost its way. After being acquired by Endurance International emphasis was placed on a quick buck and less on support. In the last 6 months I was at the company not once was technical support training given to me. All the training I received was with regard to sales. Sales to customers who did not need upgraded in servers. Sales to customers who did not want to get pitched something every time they called for support.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
to much sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluehost. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval