Bluehost Employee Reviews

Highly stressful work environment.
Web adviser (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTOctober 10, 2016
In the beginning we provided excellent customer service to web hosting customers. After changing hands the company work culture changed. There was an increased demand for higher sales and less emphasis on customer satisfaction. At the same time the work force was reduced. This resulted in increased stress and a feeling that there was less job security.
Pros
It was possible to earn quite a lot.
Cons
Often training and communication was slow, new products were released before they were ready, and before training employees.
Was once great
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 26, 2016
The company has lost its way. After being acquired by Endurance International emphasis was placed on a quick buck and less on support. In the last 6 months I was at the company not once was technical support training given to me. All the training I received was with regard to sales. Sales to customers who did not need upgraded in servers. Sales to customers who did not want to get pitched something every time they called for support.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
to much sales
Typical Call Center
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 20, 2016
This is an inbound call center and you have to deal with customer's who are not always pleasant. They do offer good benefits and match your 401K which is nice.
Pros
Commission, benefits, 401K
Cons
Dealing with mean customers
don't bother
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 26, 2016
Bluehost Host is a company that doesnt care about employees low wage little oppertunity for advancement. the company use to good then got bought by eig a corporaste giant that is ruining the company enviroment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low wage
Bluehost Web Adviser
Web Adviser (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 22, 2016
Not sufficient pay for the amount of work expected to accomplish/technical knowledge, you are told to use Google to solve issues if nobody knows.
Really is a sales job although they don't really get that across to you before working there.
Not adequate support staff so long hold times for customers which angers customers by the time they get through to representative.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay low
Bluehost is a great company to work for.
Billing Specialist Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 19, 2016
A typical day would be helping customers with their websites, either by phone or chat. Would be multitasking by being on the phone and helping on chats.

I loved being a billing specialist 2, because I was able to help answer questions for other employees regarding their calls or chats.

Hardest part of the job was when we had downtime and the customers websites were effected by being down.

Most enjoyable part of the job was online chats and helping my fellow co-workers. Great environment and plenty of growth opportunities.
Strong IT Starting Step
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 13, 2016
This position gave me a good foothold into the IT path. Providing me with the education, and quarterly goals to push me forward. But the distance became too much without a vehicle at the time.

Within a short time period I was moved up to chat support. Providing support for up to 5 customers at a time on the chat system. This provided a good challenge.

The coworkers and management were easily accessible preventing a backlog or delay on resolving issue's. Training was very strong, and provided a nice comfort level before beginning on the floor.
Pros
Lots to do on break, Large work environment, Mutual policy and ethics between company and employees.
Cons
Distance but this is a personal con not a company con.
Good employer
Retention, Customer Service, and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 28, 2016
Bluehost is a great employer. That is why I stayed with them for SO long! They had flexible hours, good pay, pto, commission, and other perks that made me and my family very happy.

Every day I got to talk to customers. Some were upset, but Bluehost gave us the tools to help them out and make sure they were happy. By the end of almost every call, I was able to turn most frowns upside down.

I learned a lot from Bluehost. Mostly about technology and how far we've really become. I learned about products, about SEO, website builders, and really how to gage and interact with people.

The managers seemed to care about me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the great pay. It really helped me and my family out.
Monitors employee statistics heavily, low pay for knowledge required.
Senior Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2016
Job advancement stales out quickly. Mangement does nothing productive for their pay, they would rather play nerf gun battles in the office then help their employees. Senior web advisor has an incredible amount of duties, including old management issues that they delegated to us because they are too lazy. We have to handle 4-6 live chats at one time answering very complex dns, hosting bugs, website errors, etc.
Pros
Choose your own hours since its 24/7 call center
Cons
Overworked and under paid
Lots of work
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 22, 2016
Gave me a lot of good jobs. The pay kind of sucked, but I was 18 living at home so it was that bad. The best part of the job was looking back at the project that I helped build and saying I really accomplished something.
Great for getting started in the tech world.
Customer Service Mentor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 13, 2016
I started at bluehost in 2013 with little knowledge of tech. I began in the billing department while going to school for IT. I advanced to technical 9 months later and grew in my knowledge of Linux and web hosting. 9 months later I was promoted to the Terms of Service Department which further helped me advance in my skills for the future.
Pros
learning, friendly, foodtrucks
Cons
Sales expectations sometimes made learning stressful.
Fun place to work, pay could be higher :)
July 2014, made senior web advisor in January 2015 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2015
I love Bluehost and the only reason I'd leave is of course better pay (gotta feed the family!) I highly recommend it though if you have any tech skills, and aren't earning at least $15/hour.
Good place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 2, 2014
A good company to work for because they make an effort to create a good environment for employees. Benefits are nice too.
Decent, if your supervisor isn't incompetent
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 25, 2014
Working at Bluehost was one of the coolest experiences that I've ever had, intellectually and professionally. If you are about to start here though, I recommend NOT taking the Graveyard position. The head supervisor on that shift is extremely cold and unforgiving. He has no interpersonal skills, and his entire team hated him right up until the time that I decided to leave.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Graveyard Supervisor
Bluehost was a challenging place to work
Terms of Service / Compliance (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work would include reviewing spam reports from security companies such as Spamcop and SpamHaus. I would take those reports, view the email headers and deactivate an account due to sending spam emails, deactivate the mail services on a hosting account for spam or spamvertising, or take another action

My day also included providing Terms of Service support to Technical Support agents on the call floor and directly to customers. I would review customers accounts with them and use SSH / Bash to detect malware and viruses on their account.

I learned a lot about the Linux environment as well as SSH / Bash as i was needing to use them on a daily basis. This was also the hardest part of the job. The learning curve to learn SSH is quite steep.
Pros
Air Hockey, Pool, Food
Cons
Unforgiving
fun people to work with
Supervisor/Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 16, 2014
There isn't much room for advancement. Management requires that everyone does Helpful Recommendations (Up selling) with every call.
Pros
free food, lots of activities, ping pong, pool table, and more
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great place to work and fun managers
Outbound Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  orem utJanuary 29, 2014
They managers were really fun to work with. Really nice people. Had free food and basketball courts and ping pong tables for breaks
Pros
free food
Cons
talking with anger customers
Growing company but Diminishing culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 13, 2014
When I first began working for this company, I enjoyed the employee benefits as well as the management. However, over time I saw the company turn from a family-friendly local business into a corporate environment where taking care of its employees is on the lowest tier of importance.
Pros
Free $20 balance for food/snacks each month
Cons
cold/apathetic workforce
Great place to begin a career, good people and challenging.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 28, 2013
Bluehost is the perfect place for a newly graduated college student or someone who's wanting to learn new technologies.
Pros
Some free food provided, good people and solid product base.
Cons
Pay is lower than it should be
Fun workplace with ping pong tables and arcade machines
Level 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UtahOctober 1, 2013
My experience with Bluehost has been pleasant for the most part. My only qualm is upper level management has a tendency to push for numbers over quality of work.
Pros
$20 a month for food, arcade machines, pool table, ping pong tables, air hockey table
Cons
poor upper level management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluehost. Our community is ready to answer.

Bluehost Reviews by Location