BlueLinx Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 24, 2016
load and unload in coming trucks.
unload rail cars safety and put material away.
do daily paperwork.
pick orders and get them ready to be loaded on are trucks for the next day delivery
Pros
all around was a great place to work. untell closing
Bluelinx
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  4300 WILDWOOD PKWY ATLANTA GA 30339August 15, 2016
Great company to work for, but little room for growth. Benefits are no so great. Its a great company to work for if your starting in the corporate world. You would want to move on after 6 months you don't have room for growth
Bluelinx Review Summary
Administration & Sales (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 6, 2016
I started working at Bluelinx in the admin side preparing documentation for each load leaving the United States, yet helping out the sales department. In a few months I became a inside and outside sales person with a rapidly increase as for sales and my self-steam.

working here I've learned not to be afraid. Never say no even if it looks impossible.

I've learn I can better my self everyday.

The hardest part of my job was collecting checks.
3 steps to making a sale.
1- making a sale
2- having them to pick it up
3- getting pay on time.

I enjoyed every last minute of Bluelink specially making customer happy by working with them all the way.
Pros
Room to grow, pushed me to achieve
Cons
Company was sold
Poor Mangement
Systems Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
BlueLinx could be good but they have very poor managers that run the place. Most all other Building company's have been in the black since the "recession" however BXC can't seem to get themselves out?? Problems seem to arise and everyone just looks around and say "that isn't my job"? The attitude and management needs to change if BXC wants to succeed..
Great benefits
Warehouse Operations shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 20, 2016
Great benefits, long hours, holidays and weekends off.
Union company. Hardest part of the job is finding people who actually want to work and get things done.
great work atmosphere, i really liked this company and the peopke who worked here. the work environment promoted consistent productivity.
Rebar Engineer (Former Employee) –  University Park, IL 60484April 19, 2016
Great company, the pay was good and the communication between employee and employer was very good. flexible hours and they offered overtime
Great group of guys there
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 8, 2016
Love working here just wish i would get to the next level of pay. fast paced and always something different to do. can be very busy and stressful at times but always have help when needed
good
Building Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 22, 2016
I work outside and love the elements. I like loading and unloading trailers and flat cars.I like the freedom of being outside
Pros
nature
Cons
rain
BlueLinx is a building products distibution company with forty-four locations.
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2015
BlueLinx is a spin off from Georgia-Pacific Corporation that originally was established as the distribution arm of its manufacturing plants. It is filled with hard working professional focused on profitability and growth.
Cube farm/inside sales and purchasing
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2015
Inside sales, with product ownership including stocking levels, pricing, and purchasing. Multiple warehouse locations which includes Kansas City,MO, Springfield,MO, and Des Moines IA. Sales area includes Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Product sold include but not limited to: Lumber, wood panels, stone, with personal ownership in vinyl siding, fasteners, and insulation products.
great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNOctober 4, 2015
picked orders load trucks unload trucks unload rail cars stocked material hardest part was getting the weight equal so it would scale
Pros
good pay
Cons
rain
very nice individuals to work with.
Data analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Most of my day consists of looking at spread sheets.Some of the perks are the people that you work with because they turn out to be like your work family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Challenging place to work.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLJune 21, 2015
Very competitive environment. Management is constantly in a state of change. Hard to see a consistent strategy for success.
Pros
Generous benefits package.
Cons
Management constantly changing.
a Job
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLMarch 26, 2015
Good company for a single person. Forget your family life, with bluelinx you really are just a number and the new management will make certain that you don't forget that.
Pros
They pay a decent wage
Cons
You sacrifice your personal time for that wage
good entry level position, but no room to advance
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2015
Pros
Union protection
Guaranteed hours
Decent starting pay
Plenty of overtime
Decent benefits
Time and a half starts after 8 hours
Good union representation

Cons
Shifts are little disjointed (Provides forced overtime)
Short handed crew
Branch organization is lacking
Vacation package isn't great
No work life balance
Working in the elements
Run down/breaking down equipment
Lack of proper inventory
Fun place to work and full of many challenges
Manager of Market Development (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
Was a great learning experience. Company is forward thinking and alive with prospects. A super place to work hand in hand with the best in the industry.
Pros
Many fun and energetic people.
Cons
Slightly unstable
Stay away
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
BlueLinx was one of the worst places I ever worked. The Finance dept is poorly managed, they over work you and under pay you. Their turnover rates are high, because they don't value employees. There are no perks to working for this company besides a paycheck every 2 weeks.
Cons
everything
Stressful
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Wholesale distribution requires maintaining great relationships on both ends - suppliers and customers. The company is highly leveraged, thus struggles with both ends. In addition to this handicap, the company is top heavy and inflexible - upside down pyramid. As a result, they have lost a wealth of talent - people who could have altered the coarse of less than mediocre.

In most cases, the company's successful competitors are the opposite - upright pyramid. These companies are broader where "the rubber meets the road."

Because the company has a nationwide footprint, it has tremendous potential. The major customers are looking for providers/vendors who have the potential to establish national programs. Because of the issues listed previously, the company only scratches the surface.
Pros
Benefits (ie, insurance, company car, etc)
Cons
Stressful
Former driver.
Delivery driver. (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLOctober 18, 2014
Alright I was a temp driver, but did work for this company (Yulee, FL) for about two weeks. Will never go back again even though I'm still temp. People nice, that's it. Trucks are JUNK! No a/c in the one I drove, no radio, front end shot, steering all over the road, I'm surprised it passed inspection. Basically they give you a manifest and truck key and say "Here ya go." You figure out the rest. I'm not a diva but if you're asking me to drive your truck a couple of hundred miles a day, in the Florida summer, at least give me a comfortable ride. No wonder they're trying to find another driver.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
JUNK trucks.
We are not allowed to have active time
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers and they are fun to be with but I am looking for more hours and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlueLinx. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8