BlueLinx Employee Reviews

great manager- very team oriented - best inside sales team
Outside Sales/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2017
The new CEO is making great improvements and allowing BlueLinx to turn the corner and becoming a major player in the markets. Manager in the Southeast is awesome. great team leader.
Pros
Great general management
Cons
Product Managers
enjoyed my position
tractor trailer operator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAAugust 29, 2017
Was laid off from this position although I enjoyed my job. I transported lumber to different locations around the state. I enjoy driving and plan to continue to do so.
Great place to work BEFORE buyout
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALAugust 17, 2017
As Georgia Pacific sold to BlueLinx, management changed and the onsite manager brought in was not efficient nor team oriented. His style was not in accordance with the past company and was not received well. BlueLinx also began hauling other building supply items and the loads were not safely being loaded but we were expected to secure and haul them. As it became more dangerous for me, I felt the need to look elsewhere for employment and an opportunity arose to better my situation.
Pros
Annual Truck Rodeo company wide
Cons
atmosphere after buyout
same as Elpaso Southern
Claims Representative / Product Liability (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2017
Provide administrative assistant.

How to assist others.

Management was professional.

Very diverse, great diversity

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming into work with a great professional group of people.
Pros
Same as Elpaso Southern Natural Gas
Cons
Same as Elpaso Southern Natural Gas
Fun there always something to do
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2017
Great job... the Shreveport Louisiana branch closed down but would love another opportunity to work for them...you get your assignment and you're your own boss
Decent place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 2, 2017
I worked for bluelinx in Frederick md from oct 2014- April 2016 as a driver. My co workers were all fair and willing to help if needed I learned a lot working for bluelinx the pay was decent I made around $20hr. And their benefits were very well your first yr there you get 2 weeks vacation and another week in sick and personal days totaling 3 weeks paid off per year. My supervisor Kevin was very fair and a great guy personally. My day usually started at 5am and last until my load for the day was done. At the time I was worked there my tractor was a 2014 freightliner cascada that was all mine no one else drove it, i took the keys home with me every night. My only issue with bluelinx was my work life balance I had some very long days on a regular basis it was hard to plan life around work. And they kinda get a little carried away with safety. Also the very long waits at deliveries.
Pros
Benefits, newer trucks, occasional breakfast at the IHOP, pay is decent
Cons
Long hours, safety can be a little much, 20 yr old trailers that sometimes just wouldn't cooperate
okay job
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
Theres not much to say about this place the thing that stands out the most is the hours working from 6-2 mon-fri with weekends off. On a typical day its not to bad
Not a good place to work
Driver/ Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2017
This is a job where you have to be the boss best friend if not it's a horrible job for you because you can't move up and you don't have any say-so over anything.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
So many but you always in a rush to get stuff off the truck that's all that matters to them.
Crazy
Re Bar Department (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 16, 2017
the co workers there were always complaining about something. the hours were long but with adequate breaks. it was very dirty and lpoud but fun at the same time however you get the sense that most people go there to die.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, VTMay 4, 2017
Good place to work but very hard work. Physically demanding and working in all weather conditions outside. Fairly good pay and benefits. Good vacation and personal time.
Stressful, unrealistic expectations
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2017
Accountant managed company. Poor management even though some department heads were strong. Unrealistic in new product offerings, not through in planning and execution.
Long work hours with very little time for family
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLMarch 13, 2017
This work place would be in my opinion a desired place to be employed, except for the fact that it's hard sometimes to spend personal time with your family due to the long hours, I'm speaking from a drivers point of view. Also it would be an enjoyable place of employment if management would sometimes take your opinion into consideration when making decisions that potentially affect your job and the way that you perform it.
Pros
It's a full time job
Cons
There are no company incentitives.
Productive and organized workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAMarch 2, 2017
Good people to work with and a well managed work environment. Organized and clean workplace. Not too fast paced but busy at times
Pros
Good people
Cons
Under paid
Big company to get into the building materials workplace
Inside Sales and Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2016
I have handled a ton of accounts, made relationship with vendors and managed inventory. I have a diverse knowledge of this industry and have doubled my sales.
Great Company
Desktop Support/Telecommunication Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2016
The company is great, it was just time for me to explore other opportunities.I learned a lot about multi-tasking and you can definitely move up in the company.
Divided
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 6, 2016
Working with this company was a great opportunity for Learning and developing a good understanding of logistics and Warehouse etiquette. Being tossed around between the management and Union is not a good way to be treated at work. I would join the Union ASAP if I could go back in time. The work-life balance is not really a balance at all the scale is tipped for work and work only.
Pros
Overtime after 8hrs/day
Cons
short breaks, no incentives
forklift operation
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MANovember 3, 2016
Good paced work load, safe environment, plenty of hours and overtime accrued by day. did offer dental and multiple insurance offers at reasonable prices.
Pros
over time, great learning experiance
Cons
union
Typical Day
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 24, 2016
load and unload in coming trucks.
unload rail cars safety and put material away.
do daily paperwork.
pick orders and get them ready to be loaded on are trucks for the next day delivery
Pros
all around was a great place to work. untell closing
Bluelinx
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  4300 WILDWOOD PKWY ATLANTA GA 30339August 15, 2016
Great company to work for, but little room for growth. Benefits are no so great. Its a great company to work for if your starting in the corporate world. You would want to move on after 6 months you don't have room for growth
Bluelinx Review Summary
Administration & Sales (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 6, 2016
I started working at Bluelinx in the admin side preparing documentation for each load leaving the United States, yet helping out the sales department. In a few months I became a inside and outside sales person with a rapidly increase as for sales and my self-steam.

working here I've learned not to be afraid. Never say no even if it looks impossible.

I've learn I can better my self everyday.

The hardest part of my job was collecting checks.
3 steps to making a sale.
1- making a sale
2- having them to pick it up
3- getting pay on time.

I enjoyed every last minute of Bluelink specially making customer happy by working with them all the way.
Pros
Room to grow, pushed me to achieve
Cons
Company was sold