BLUELINX

BLUELINX Employer Reviews

customers
Driver (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 17, 2013
Cons: having to tarp load on rainy days
drove around and delivered building products to lumber yards around Md,
Company in flux
VICE PRESIDENT / DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: - there are a lot of good people working there who respect each other.
Cons: - uncertain future
BlueLinx Co. brings a lot of value to the market place and has a lot of room to grow. Unfortunately right now the company's management is going through reorganization which creates uncertainty.
Difficult working environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver CoJuly 10, 2013
Pros: i am able to in a way run my own business by managing product lines
Cons: budget constraints, changing commission structures every year.
Typical day at work is 30 to 70 sales calls a day outbound to current customers while taking inbound sales calls. Managing inventory of 4 major product codes with over 100 items. Working with vendors to insure prompt delivery and quality customer service. The job has been difficult the past 6 years due to the economic down turn in the housing market. – more... It is not an enjoyable place to work but I enjoyed dealing with my customers. My account base was around 120 customers. I enjoyed my co-workers and they could count on me to have the products they needed in stock and to provide them with prompt answers about product knowledge. I have quickly learned to be a problem solver when problems arise. – less
ZERO Strategic Planning
Prefer not to say (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, training, scorecards
This company is all over the place. I bounced from position to position without proper training or warning and then was offered a F/T job. The manager was unpredictable and put up a facade. One of the worse employers I have yet to come across!
EWP Designer
Engineered Lumber Designer (Current Employee), Bellingham, MAMay 7, 2012
I provide design services for Engineered Lumber products. I provide engineered calculations for customers along with full framing plans and designs for residences and small commercial buildings.
One of my best jobs yet.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: the work place itself
Cons: the weather change
Enjoyed the team work and the employees were very helpful in teaching proper procedures and saftey.