Research Program manager, Client Services
Market Research, Insights
blueocean is a full-service market research firm. We help businesses address their focus areas by linking research insights to business strategy and inspiring action to strengthen performance. Our passion is storytelling. We challenge ourselves to always bring insights to the table in unique and engaging ways – placing consumers at the center of marketing strategy.
We’re looking for a Program Manager to join our account team for an industry leading technology company. We currently track and report on social media conversations for this client, and need a dynamic researcher with excellent people skills to help our client move from issue identification to action.
Our client’s blueocean team reports on product experience issues identified from a broad range of social media data and sources. The Program Manager will work onsite with our clients, acting as the hub of social media insights, trends, issues and information for a number of teams. As the expert in social media conversations about our client’s products, the Program Manager will lead discussions about the scope, scale, context and the depth of the experience insights identified in our social reports, and will be at the forefront of research and discovery of emerging or long term trends and insight
The Program Manager will:
- Use social research to help the client team track progress on customer experience issue solutions being worked on across teams.
- Be able to conduct ad-hoc research to “connect the dots” between data in social and other internal data streams to arrive at actionable and impactful insights to tell a compelling customer experience story.
- Be a storyteller with excellent communication skills so you can package insights in ways that not only show the information, but also “sell”, encourage and enable collaborative action-taking across teams
- Be passionate about technology, but not necessarily a technical expert. Be passionate about delivering results over activity. Know and be comfortable navigating the social landscape.
We have an established team, so we’re looking for someone who is flexible, a fast study, and who is able to bring creative and innovative thinking and approaches to communicating and solving problems.
The high quality insights which we discover and provide inform business strategy and decision-making. The ideal person must combine professionalism, tech savvy, social media depth, research “cred”, an ability to see connections between data sources and goals. He or she must have the ability to present findings in an efficient, clear way, both in writing and in front of project teams. Knowledge about social media channels is required; experience using various social media research tools is also desired.
- Identify customer issues by analyzing social media data from proprietary databases, search platforms and from across the Web
- Produce social media reports, with the support of a team, covering some of our client’s largest products
- Quickly and correctly identify qualitative social media conversation themes and communicate them effectively and efficiently
- Assist in the ranking and prioritization of product issues
- Partner with team members to promote blueocean services and insights within the client organization and proactively identify new opportunities
- Contribute to client priority and severity decision making while confidently and faithfully representing the “voice of the customer”.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a passion for, and be highly skilled in data analysis, pattern recognition, detective work, research, social media and online communities
- Like creating, reading, analyzing and publishing reports, analysis, and make recommendations and generate insights to communicate what you have found or learned connected to business goals
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Be results oriented, calm under pressure, focused, reliable and efficient.
- Be unafraid of ambiguity, and have a can-do attitude
- Have high self-confidence but know when it’s time to reach for help
- Be collaboration by nature; must have demonstrated examples of not only “what” was done but “how” it was done
- Have a sense of humor and like people and building connections
- Be able to manage deadlines and have excellent project management credentials
- Be skilled at creating reports and presentations that are concise, thoughtful, and of high quality
- Be comfortable with technology, a quick study on technical products, and how they are used by business customers and consumers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3-5 years professional experience, ideally including experience in qualitative research
- Bachelor’s degree in Research, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively develop and maintain client relationships and work with internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
- Experience in technology field and/or strong interest in and knowledge about technology products
- Self-motivated, organized, and analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of market research
blueocean market intelligence offers a great work environment based on creativity, independence, flexibility, and the ability to exceed client expectations. For additional information on blueocean please visit our website at: www.blueoceanmi.com.
If you work well in a fast-paced, flexible work culture and meet our job requirements, we would love to hear from you.