Blueport Commerce believes in talent, not titles. We are an e-commerce company working with big-ticket retailers in the South End of Boston and we are looking for a UX designer to join our growing team on a full-time basis. This person must be creative and passionate about design concepts, interaction design, usability, and accessibility.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creating the layout of the interface
- Defining Interaction patterns best suited in the context
- Incorporate user needs into the designs
- Producing wireframes
- Rapid prototyping of design concepts
- Collaborating on optimal user experience choices based on business requirements
- Ongoing maintenance of existing web applications
- Integrating front end code with backend web services
- Create re-usable code snippets and standards for use by other developers
- Experience successfully completing/delivering multiple projects utilizing an agile methodology
- Self-sufficient, high accountability, hands-on leader to drive quality in usability and experience
- Ability to write complex code, analyze changes and suggest improvements
- Ability to reason logically and creatively, identify problems, draw valid conclusions from data, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong HTML and HTML5 experience
- Fluent in CSS (specifically CSS3)
- Cross-browser development
- Strong experience with jQuery
- Experience with web services
- Proficiency with JSON and AJAX
- A love of design to ensure not a single pixel goes astray
- Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to work quickly to bring concepts to fruition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- End-to-end web application development experience
- Image design and manipulation (Photoshop, In Design, etc.)
- Web usability expertise
- Mobile web development
- Familiarity with Microsoft ASP.NET and Visual Studio is a plus.
If you feel you’d be a good fit to join our growing and passionate big-ticket e-commerce team, please apply below.
Blueport Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
Blueport Commerce is the only e-commerce technology and services company that localizes big-ticket retail online.
Serving retail chains representing more than 2,300 stores and over $8 billion in sales, Blueport Commerce is a full-service solution that combines a decade of experience, innovative technology and customized services to meet the unique, localized needs of retail chains selling big-ticket items. Blueport’s managed solutions help these retailers drive multichannel sales and make the transition to e-commerce easy, worry-free and profitable.
Based in Boston’s historic and beautiful South End in a converted loft space at 580 Harrison Ave., we’re growing and looking for talent to take us to the next level. Flexible hours, ample vacation time, and generous health benefits allow Blueporters to feel supported by the company each and every day. The atmosphere here is friendly and upbeat, and allows each of us to learn from one another as we expand. You have our word: what you do here will matter.
Get to know Blueport and view our thought leadership at our Big-Ticket Blog: http://blog.blueport.com/