Position Network Director, Denver Area
Location Denver Area, RELOCATION TO DENVER, COLORADO REQUIRED
Ideal Start Date Immediate
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a Massachusetts-based nonprofit organization dedicated to working directly with school districts to close the achievement gap in their lowest-performing schools. Blueprint works in partnership with district and school leaders to plan, implement, and monitor school turnaround strategies in line with our research-based, five-point framework for school reform. Through this effort, Blueprint ensures that our Partner Schools embrace a comprehensive approach to:
1) Investing in human capital;
2) Developing a school culture of high expectations;
3) Increasing instructional time;
4) Providing students with small group differentiated instruction; and
5) Organizing, synthesizing and using student and school performance data.
We are currently working with 15 elementary, middle and high schools in Boston Public Schools and Denver Public Schools using our research-based, five-point framework. The Blueprint Fellows program, a year-long full-time academic tutoring program will be implemented in an additional 39 schools within Denver Public Schools in the 2013-14 academic year.
We are seeking a Network Director to oversee the implementation of our education programs and strategies across a network of Blueprint’s partner schools in Denver. The position will require the ability to oversee the planning and management of our education programs, which include individualized tutoring during the regular school day, professional development for school leadership teams, use of assessment data systems to differentiate instruction, creation of strong school cultures, and effective use of longer school days and years. The Network Director will build relationships with district superintendents and executive directors, partner with teams of principals and district leaders and collaborate with the Blueprint team in order to lead a subset of Blueprint’s schools to rapid, dramatic, and sustainable improvement. The Network Director will be based out of Denver, Colorado (REQUIRED) and will require some travel to partner schools and district offices.
Required activities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee district-level diligence process and strategic planning of a network of Blueprint’s schools in Denver for the 2013-2014 school year;
- Direct day-to-day implementation of our turnaround strategies and programs in partner schools;
- Work closely with district leadership to monitor school progress and student outcomes;
- Facilitate professional development for school leadership teams;
- Lead regular site visits, which include classroom observations and conversations with students, staff, and school leaders;
- Collect, manipulate, and interpret student and teacher data;
- Identify potential issues and obstacles and proactively take action to create and implement solutions; and
- Represent Blueprint Schools Network at school board meetings, community meetings and conferences.
Essential Attributes and Experience
- At least five (5) years of school leadership, district leadership or professional management experience;
- Experience as a principal strongly preferred;
- Master’s degree in education, business, public policy, management, or related fields required;
- Demonstrated success working with English Language Learners;
- Experience developing and implementing effective Transitional Native Language Instruction (TNLI) and English as a Second Language (ESL) schools preferred;
- Demonstrated success in dramatically improving student achievement;
- Instructional leadership and coaching skills;
- Proven ability to build and develop strong and trusting relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of urban school districts and the diversity of their student populations;
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting; and
- Adept and fluent with technology and proficient with MS Office.
- Commitment to Blueprint’s mission;
- Ability to build and lead teams to achieve ambitious goals;
- Highly organized and thoughtful in approach;
- Analytical and consultative;
- Open and collaborate;
- Able to multi-task and recognize priorities;
- Detail oriented; and
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Blueprint works to make a difference by partnering with school districts to improve educational and life opportunities for students. Working here, you make a difference – your work matters.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your proven school and/or district leadership experience in a new way by engaging and driving change in our partner schools.
- Blueprint is a collaborative, dynamic and mission driven work place.
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
POSITION IS BASED IN DENVER AREA. ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES AND/OR CANDIDATES AVAILABLE TO RELOCATE TO DENVER, CO ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. IF NON-LOCAL CANDIDATE, RELOCATION TO DENVER AREA IS REQUIRED.
To apply for the Grants Manager position, please visit www.blueprintschools.org to submit a resume and cover letter (click on “Get Involved”).
Blueprint Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer.