Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a Massachusetts-based nonprofit organization dedicated to working directly with school districts to close the achievement gap in their lowest-performing schools. Blueprint works in partnership with district and school leaders to plan, implement, and monitor school turnaround strategies in line with our research-based, five-point framework for school reform. Through this effort, Blueprint ensures that our Partner Schools embrace a comprehensive approach to:
1. Investing in human capital;
2. Developing a school culture of high expectations;
3. Increasing instructional time;
4. Providing students with small group differentiated instruction; and
5. Organizing, synthesizing and using student and school performance data.
We are currently working with elementary, middle and high schools in Boston Public Schools and Denver Public Schools using our research-based, five-point framework. The Blueprint Fellows program, a year-long full-time academic tutoring program was implemented in an additional 39 schools within Denver Public Schools in the 2013-14 academic year. In 2013-14, Blueprint is launching a partnership with schools in Saint Louis, Missouri to provide the Blueprint Fellows program.
Turnaround Leader Job Description:
Blueprint supports our partner schools by recruiting school leader candidates. We are seeking leaders (Principals and Assistant Principals) for our partner schools in Boston Public Schools who demonstrate a commitment to Blueprint's mission and strategies for reform.
Our turnaround leaders:
- Are focused on results and have proven success in increasing student achievement and adult performance
- Influence and motivate others to reach their potential
- Are solution-oriented and creative problem solvers with experience in data analysis and creating and managing systems
- Set high expectations and communicate them to a variety of stakeholders
- Understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures
- Continually reflect and seek feedback to improve their practice
- Have demonstrated perseverance in their career and education
- Thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Possess strong pedagogical skills and are highly effective at coaching other adults
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- Massachusetts Principal/AP Licensure (by time of appointment)
- Experience in an urban, high-poverty, and/or turnaround school highly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their resume and cover letter online at the following link:
Please also note that while Blueprint recruits top leadership talent for our partner schools, it will still be necessary to formally apply through the district.
Blueprint Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V