BlueStar Employee Reviews

love the job
Labor Worker-Demolition (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 9, 2017
Many Foremans tends to take an 1.5hr lunch break or leave 2 hours early, and have the worker put down 10 hrs. Lack of leadership at the job, the President of the company still dont see the wrong doing here
Pros
Hours
Cons
Late Lunch and lying on time cards
Good pay, but very hard work for long hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 18, 2017
As far as management goes, it was ok. I basically had 3 bosses and 2 of them were cool and the head boss was indifferent to say the least. The job had good pay (I was making about $500 a week), but the hours were ridiculous (11 hours on a normal day and 14+ during Q3, 5 days a week) and they would get very angry if you tried to adjust your schedule in any way.

The system they use to rate how well employees are working is completely unfair and is based on where you get placed in the warehouse. For example, they count how many items you pick per hour and if you're in a region with lots of small parts, you're good to go, but if you're in a region with mainly 45-80lbs printers you're pretty much screwed on your numbers even though you'll be working twice as hard.

Besides the pay, the only other pro used to be that you could listen to music while working, but they took that away because of a very stupid situation, so now you just have to work in silence while talking/listening to a very annoying headset computer. Its enough to drive anyone insane.
Pros
Pay, job is simple to understand, and music (if they bring it back).
Cons
Hard work thats judged unfairly, long inflexible hours, working in silence, no way to advance in company.
Good family oriented and customer oriented business
Business Development Manager for the Southeast (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GASeptember 20, 2016
Great team of folks with great executive management. Fun work environment.
Travel about 50% of time. Good interaction with fellow teammates.
Rapidly growing company
Pros
Work from house
Cons
Did not get to corporate alot
Recommend Bluestar Imaging
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2016
Bluestar Imaging is a wonderful place to work especially with the team and patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work with a smile and leaving with a smile.
Stay away!
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 7, 2015
Stay away if you are not a part of the friends and family program. Hard work will get you no where with these people. I spent years watching management walk up to workers on payday and tell them they were no longer needed and no reason was provided only the statement that Bluestar is an at will employer. I can find 10 people right now that will back me up on this. Too many alcoholics, we once had beer on tap in the warehouse for weeks!!!
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Coulture, Management, Disrespectful account Managers.
Rapidly growing company with many opportunities
Billing (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 8, 2014
my typical day at work involves processing invoices and e-mailing them out also answering phones and i process incentive checks for salesmen/women. I update all information on a spread sheet. I learned computer skills and how to do billing.
Pros
long lunches, close to home, hours
Cons
repetitive
Decent company
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 5, 2014
Busy, growing company.
I have learned to use Oracle,

Can read customer financials with better understanding.
You are busy from the time you come in until the time you leave
which makes the days pass quickly.
Pros
Executive Team personable, and supportive
Cons
Heath care on the expensive side
The custom configuration department is very high productive
Handheld scaner programmer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 23, 2014
As a temp I learn how to program handheld scanners and printer as well as cone hard drives.
My coworkers were very helpful and patient in teaching me what I needed to know to do my job.
Pros
Good peole to work with
Cons
no long term for temps
Company was purchased by Xerox
Sr. SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 21, 2014
Cannot comment since it was purchased. The management and staff have been absorbed into the Xerox culture.
Fun place to work
Special Configurations & Logistics (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 15, 2014
Excellent place to learn ,

very friendly and open mind work team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
non
Overall good company, but in a low margin business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Was hired to help them for a few months during busy season. Became familiar with detailed use of Oracle. The management and co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of this job was the high volume of orders that needed to be processed as their business model hinges on getting these shipped as fast as possible.

Interesting experience for me, but my background and professional goals are geared toward outside sales and solution consultation.
Pros
Learned how a major distributor operates
Cons
I found the work very repetative.
Great environment to work. Some limitations on professional growth
RFID & SECURITY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 14, 2014
People internally great team environment. Some how actual management with no focus.
Helpimg companies become more productive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2013
finding new business and making companies more productive using Blustar / Covad products
Great Company all around
HP Server Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KyDecember 18, 2012
Bluestart is an exciting company to work at. My typical day was to help the internal and external customers in selling HP Servers. I learned to be a valued resource to all and learned to train over 65 people at ease.

Management was great. They always had the best interest of the employee as well as to the bottom line.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going there everyday knowing there will be a new challenge.
Pros
free lunches, awards, social environment
Cons
healthcare costs were high
Great working environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 7, 2012
Great company. Even though they are a large company it felt like a family atmosphere when in the office.
Typical day would include being at your desk calling potential customers along with maintaining your current customer base. About 3 times a week our vendors would come in for training to keep the sales team up to date with current products.
Pros
job security. work environment.
Cons
being in a cubical all day
Great Western Regional Sales Manager / Gregg Mehrhoff
Account Manager/ Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 10, 2012
Great group of co-workers, made the job fun. Lunch & Learn form manufacturers were educational.
Pros
great people in ca office to work with.
Cons
communication from corporate office is very poor.