Bluestone Physician Services

Bluestone Physician Services Employee Reviews

Where management takes care of their employees!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 19, 2017
I really enjoy working at Bluestone Physician Services. I'm allowed to work from home and have a flexible schedule. The people I work with are amazing, everyone is so helpful. I feel valued and respected by my peers.
Wonderful culture and purposeful mission!
Care Coordination Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 15, 2017
Bluestone is a employer that values it's employees. The culture is amazing! It feels like a big family, which is really impressive for how quickly Bluestone has grown. Bluestone has a great mission full of purpose. It's simply about providing great care to our patients and members by going to them.

I feel so fortunate to work with so many amazing people. I have learned so much from my management in the time that I have worked at Bluestone. I have so many great role models that have encouraged and supported me in my journey at Bluestone, and continue to invest in my growth.

I genuinely look forward to coming to work at Bluestone every day.
Pros
Flexibility, Employee Appreciation, Purposeful Work
Approachable and collaborative management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I love working for Bluestone! I plan on continuing my career here for many years to come! The management is very approachable and is very receptive to feedback and new ideas. They truly care about their employees and encourage a healthy work/life balance. You truly feel that you are a member of a team but also have your independence. Everyone has been great to work with and very willing to answer questions, collaborate and problem solve. Jobs are always being created due to rapid growth, which is great for career advancement within the company. The role of the Clinical Assistant has really grown over time and is truly an integral role within the company. The training for new staff includes 3 weeks of 1:1 with a trainer and/or your supervisor which I have never experienced at any other place of employment. The job can be a bit overwhelming at first but there is definitely support available to answer any/all questions. I would not hesitate to recommend a career at Bluestone to any of my friends, family or peers.
Pros
Work/life balance, great co-workers, environment
Bluestone employee culture hard to beat!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 27, 2017
I've worked at Bluestone for over five years in various roles within the Care Coordination department. What I've enjoyed most is the creative work being done to change health care delivery. It's been a rewarding challenge to think outside the box, try new things, adjust and try again. Change is part of the Bluestone culture and without change you do not grow.

The leadership at Bluestone has done a great job encouraging new ideas, allowing people to stretch, and offering opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Relationships are a priority at Bluestone, as is the culture of giving back.

Bluestone hires quality staff that have integrity, strong work ethic and a shared vision. The staff at Bluestone make working here especially rewarding. Our teams encourage, support and genuinely care about each other. The Care Coordination department as a whole functions well. We have fun while working very hard. I'm very proud to say I work for Bluestone.
Pros
Work/life balance, intellegent and fun co-workers, helping others
Great employee and member based company
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Bluestone has been a great and rewarding place of employment for me. The management enjoys having feedback from their employees. It is a flexible work environment where you don't feel stressed every day. The most enjoyable part of the company is the commodore between coworkers and management. Being a part of Bluestone, is being part of a team!
Pros
Snacks and Coffee are always available and daily walks are encouraged
Cons
N/A
Excellent Company To Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I started with Bluestone in October of 2015 as an LPN (Clinical Assistant). I have never worked for a better company. The owner of the company actually cares for us employees. It truly feels like my 2nd family.
The position consists of management of the Physician practice. It requires excellent organization skills, flexibility and professionalism. It can be overwhelming at times however, training for the position was amazing. The trainers are extremely knowledgeable. I've never felt "alone".
Work to home life ratio is excellent if you put your time management skills to good use. There was moderate amount of travel from facility to facility however, not usually in the same day.
I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work for this A+ company and that I can add this work experience to my resume.
Pros
Work/Home Life Ratio Is Excellent
Cons
Exciting company with the best employees!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 8, 2017
I absolutely love working at Bluestone! I get the opportunity to watch this company change the lives of so many people both in the organization and with the customers we serve in our communities.

It is very inspiring to work alongside the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working people who truly care about their jobs as we all work together towards the end goal of making a difference in people's lives. The positive energy that this company creates is contagious and it starts from the top at Bluestone.

This company wants to see their employees succeed and will do whatever they can to help you achieve your career goals. There are many opportunities for growth and development and you will always feel supported and encouraged to take on a new challenge.

Bluestone hires amazing people and that speaks for itself the first moment you walk through the doors. The company has been awarded a top workplace for the past 4 years and that does not come as a surprise to anyone who works here.

I love going to work every day to contribute a piece to the Bluestone success story!
Pros
Amazing people, fun atmosphere, positive environment, rewarding outcomes.
Bluestone stands up to its Best Place to Work rating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Bluestone Physician Services has been a great place to work. It makes sense that they have received high ratings for this category. In an ever growing company, Bluestone does take note to consider its employees every step of the way. This includes great hours, appropriate work-life balance, and a culture which promotes growth and professional development.

The daily operations of Bluestone are constantly challenged by changing regulations for the patients that they serve as well as the healthcare industry in general. This is something that is always on the forefront of training and development as well as process improvement within operations. Bluestone stays cutting age by staying ahead of the latest changes or new initiatives and integrates employees who do the work into program development and training.

It is great to work for a company that encourages professional development and growth. This shows investment in retention of employees. Compensation is definitely competitive, especially as I have worked in healthcare for larger corporations where it does not match what Bluestone offers.

Bluestone recognizes the importance of its employees, and this is shown in so many ways.
Pros
Health and Wellness program, casual Fridays, a work "family", tons of employee incentives (Holiday parties, lunches, recognition)
An amazing place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stllwater, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Bluestone provides a culture that avoids micromanaging in favor of trusting employees to do their best. Management communicates its goals and vision to employees in a way that makes them a part of a unified team.

Bluestone is an excellent place to learn and develop skills through challenging work! More important, I believe, is that they make all employees feel safe and welcome, never excluded or uncomfortable. It is an enjoyable work environment with friendly coworkers and a team-oriented spirit.

“keep doing what you are doing, putting people first…and treating your employees with great care and kindness.”
Pros
Wellness program that includes yoga classes. Fun group events such as golf outings, boat rides on the river.
Great culture with health care innovation in mind
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 24, 2017
For a person who has a difficult time sitting still, Bluestone has me up for a challenge. Always new faces to see and new health care processes to learn. Bluestone has the patient first and employee second. With health care regulations ever changing, Bluestone is up to par with the new regs and information is passed as soon as it is learned. Keeping staff on their toes and always engaged.
Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Flexibility, great home/work life balance (if you can manage your time)

Want to know more about Bluestone Physician Services?

Ask a question
Too much micromanagement based on hearrsay
Manager (Former Employee) –  FLoridaDecember 25, 2016
Very poor communication. Takes too long to hire. Staff is very paranoid from upper management. Upper management tries to micro manage everything based on hear say. Not a pleasant experience.
Rude. Hiring/firing done by e-mails so they can avoid talking to you..
They have purchased practiced in Tampa. Growth is too rapid. They cannot manage it. They are taking the typical corporate path. Behavior does not agree with mission statement.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement. Rude, Poor comunication. They have grown to fast and cannot micromange it anymore.
review
Billing Specialist and Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MN 55082November 14, 2016
.......................typical day at work place with managment and coworkers and patients within AL homes and hospice care. CCm claims daily going out without
November 29, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We are very proud to have achieved top workplaces for the last 4 years in a row and take pride in the ethical standards that we uphold and the satisfaction of our employees. We are sorry to hear that this position was not a good fit. Please feel free to reach out to Bluestone HR if you would like to discuss further.

Empty Promises
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 27, 2016
I worked for Bluestone, it is a very unorganized company, many empty promises were made to customers & staff. Very unprofessional & unethical. The training process as a new nurse was a nightmare. I had to job shadow three separate times prior to being hired. I was told that the person who I was replacing had been terminated due to not being able to learn the job. When I was training I was not trained by a nurse which created miscommunication due to my role being different than the person training me due to scope of practice. The person training me did not like having to train me, she constantly told me how much extra time she had to work at home because of her time spent training me. During my training I took notes to refer to in an effort to be proficient in a timely manner. This is how I learn a new job and have never had any issues with taking notes. The person training me did not like that I took notes. Instead of talking to me about this, she told management that I was not learning the job quick enough. She felt that I relied on my notes and that I should not need to take any notes. I gave my resignation and have never looked back. This experience makes me appreciate my current employer so much more!
Pros
Cons
poor training, unorganized, empty promises made to long term care facility management staff
November 9, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We take ethical behavior very seriously and training our staffs on systems so that they can best serve our patients. Our goal is to continuously strive to create the best possible workplace for our employees and through our continuous improvements on our training and processes, we are proud to have achieved top workplaces for the last 4 years in a row. We are sorry to hear about your experience and please feel free to reach out to Bluestone HR if you would like to discuss further.

Nice place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 24, 2016
Never have I felt more welcome than when I came to work with Bluestone. People made me feel like they were genuinely happy I was here. It is so nice to work for a company that values its employees. An example of how they show that is promoting a wellness program with tips and tricks, offering yoga twice a week and an opportunity to break away (many employees choose not to take breaks) and go on an afternoon walk with co-workers, also twice a week. Management/Administration treats everyone the same, no feelings of hierarchy here.

Work duties balance themselves,some days overwhelmed but always able to accomplish my tasks with minimal stress.

Bluestone is a team oriented work place, everyone is willing to help each other when it is needed. When large projects come up we all join together to get it done.

Bluestone provides a service to an often forgotten sector of our community, the elderly and disabled. I feel they value each and every one of their "customers", their patients and their families, treating them with the kindness and respect they deserve. I feel fortunate that I can be a part of such a wonderful vision.
Pros
Great group of people to work with. Wellness program, daily water challenge, snacks provided.
Cons
Some micromanaging, not sure if company wide.
Wonderful Place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 17, 2016
This is a great place to work. Great people to work with and everyone is so friendly. Get to learn a variety of jobs. learn the process inside and out.
Pros
Great work and great people to work with
Exciting and ever changing Company
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 1, 2016
Bluestone is a great company to work for. Continuously changing and making a difference in the health care system. Personal and professional growth are encouraged and highly supported.
Pros
Flexible schedule and a good support system
Cons
Work-life balance and short staffed during growth
Fun and Challenging - Building something big!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 11, 2016
Working on the corporate side of things for this business, has been an absolute blast. The atmosphere for Bluestone is very supportive, family oriented, and fast paced! As a growing company that is starting to emerge from its small company status, it has been great to see that the same values that founded this company are kept. Uniquely, you have a CEO that takes the time to actually talk to all employees when he sees them. This alone you won't find anywhere else. There is no social hierarchy in place that suggests you can't talk to a leader or executive, and every leader I have encountered has been nothing but friendly. There are constant wellness initiatives and the company really makes the effort to connect with its employees' interests. Bluestone has challenged me, but it has been incredibly rewarding with the amount of knowledge I have gained in the past half year. This is a high growth company so there will be days where things have to get done in a fast manner or you may have to work later. Overall, I have not ever been pressured to work from home and the management team encourages work-life balance. The company is fully supportive of self development and really is focused on retaining good employees. It is unfortunate to see such negative reviews on this company as I really have not seen anything like that taking place.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, recognition for going above and beyond, competitive benefits & pay
Cons
Sometimes short staffed due to high growth rate
Poor Management
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 12, 2015
Managers are chosen based on seniority and favorites rather than qualifications. No uniform management style throughout the company. Poor communication. Low wages and raises.
Pros
Good work/life balance as a support staff member
Think twice
NP (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 4, 2015
Unfortunately, the environment and workplace described during the interview did not turn out to be reality. Chaos is probably the best word to describe the culture of this company. Poor management, lack of leadership, and lack of professionalism are also evident. It is very difficult to find work/life balance.
Cons
Lack of support, lack of professionalism
November 13, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of the experience you had with Bluestone. We take these comments seriously and will address any concerns brought to our attention. Our goal is to continually strive to create the best possible working experience for all our employees.

Fun, yet frustrating
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 8, 2015
There is a very tight knit environment, which is good and bad. It makes it nearly impossible to go to a manager about an issue. There is also a serious lack of training initially, and the new employees get punished for it. However, everyone genuinely likes to have fun together.
Pros
Lunches, boat rides, birthday treats, sense of purpose
Cons
Chaos, lack of training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluestone Physician Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval