BlueStream Professional Services

BlueStream Professional Services Employee Reviews

glad to be out of there.
Construction Manager cell tower Installation (Former Employee), dayton,ohApril 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very little leadership, no direction, bad mouths any other company
You get one shot, then it is good bye if you do not meet their standards . This is a very good paying job if you can play their game.
Project work 1099 contractor
Senior Detail Engineer / Wireless (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great contractor pay
Cons: Alot of out of state travel.
Too short of a project to give any review. I had a great field team in Penn. but the project ended with out another one to move to.
Lack of Leadership
Lead Supervisor/ Foreman (Former Employee), Marrieta, Ga.February 20, 2015
The company is not well organized. They lack organizational skills and dont value their employees. No communication with management.
Working for Bluestream on a scale of 10 was a 6
Telecommunications Installation Technician Level 3 (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the steady work when we had it
Cons: healthcare
As far as actual work, this company was good to work for. Bluestream lost a major turf contract with AT&T affecting the volume of work we were getting for the last year of the 18 years I've been working there. jobs were scarce on the books so management didn't hesitate to let almost all of our installation crew go. As far as benefits go, it was just ok. before Bluestream acquired Tyco connectivity, our company had great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health plans. Far superior to Bluestreams United Health Care insurance. I loved the People I worked for because thru all four company acquisitions all of us had remained working together for the same installation group. All co workers were, and still are my friends thru out all that has happened. Best part of my job was the people I worked for and the steadiness of work we once had. worst part was the day I was let go after 18 years of continuous work. Thru all my time working here I have learned so much, from so many in this industry and would like to continue my journey in the telecom field performing quality work with excellent results.
No advancement
Telecommunications Installer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: descent benifits
Cons: work life is expected to be your only life. with no compensation
People never own up to their own responsibilities, Issues are always someone else's problems. There is a huge lack of support from management. Along with unrealistic expectations.
Not the best choice
A climber (Current Employee), nationalFebruary 10, 2015
Told all field employees one thing while going through the hire on process and then changed all deals made. If the littlest agreement is made, definitely get it in writing or it will be highly subject to change.
decent
B1 Tower Technician (Former Employee), Faribault, MNJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: cell phone discount
Cons: everything else
hardest part of the job is dealing with people who think that because they had a beer with the regional manager that they have more power than the others.
Decent Company
Foreman (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: one person to a room
Cons: reduced pay for travel, no home life, and arbitrary changes made without notification but would still be written up for not knowing.
A typical day at work started by arriving at the work site about the time the sun was coming up. Initial daily paperwork was completed and I would task crew members to the tasks that need completion throughout the day. Simply put, depending upon the phase of work the installation was on we would be hanging antennas, RRHs, Squids, and lines on the tower top and routing lines. On the ground, as the foreman, I would typically be in contact with the carrier's technicians to verify sectors were shut down to safely install hardware on tower top. I would also be sweeping and PIMing lines to make sure they were correct, as well as performing scopes and power readings on fiber trunks. The final touches would be hooking everything into the cabinet in the shelter and completing end of day paperwork and submitting to my CM.
Very fun family oriented bsuiness
Project Coordinator, Marietta (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility in work schedule
Cons: training resources were lacking, however i loved my job there.
A typical day at work included administrative duties. setting up new employee's in the companies system, setting them up with all the necessary tools to do their job, accounting and finance responsibilities, and ordering office supplies and employee support.

I learned the company financial system: Navision. I learned TL9000, Lien Six Sigma, how to process Purchase Orders internally and externally.

Re: Management: I really liked this company until 09/19/2014 and they brought in a new VP of Operations who made unsuccessful changes to the company. The Director of Wireless seemed to be a very good leader. I was asked to take a new role with a pay increase. I was told my old job was not available. I was told I had a very good performance review.

My Co-Workers: I met the most amazing people at this job and I loved everyone there.

The hardest part of my job was covering the surface on most things but I never fully got to get into them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and supporting their efforts in the field. I love the rewarding feeling I received when helping a co-worker or someone in the field so they could do a better job.
good place to get your foot in the door
Tower Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 27, 2014
Pros: good pay good hours
Cons: no movement in the company
I learned a lot and they got me all my certs

a typical day would be driving to site getting ready to climging rigging singaling flying antennas fxfb's radios ect

co workers where great they all taught me a lot easy to get along with

the hardest part of the day would be climbing or mounting antennas or radios

climbing down or getting some standby time to look at your surroundings on top of a tower
A good company to get your foot in the door if your interested in a Telecom job.
Civil Lead/ Lead Field Technician (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 1, 2014
Day are 10 to 2 hours long. The typical work week is 40 hours with the option to get some overtime, when able. I'm still with the company and I am constantly learning new things giving me the ability to grow in this field of work. The management strives for perfection this might make them seem harsh but they are honest. The hardest part of the job is the long drives from site to site. Finally the most enjoyable part of my job has to the finished product. Seeing what you've accomplished to help in the communication infrastructure of the US.
Pathetic
Lead (Current Employee), TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pay check on time
Cons: place has more drama then high school. it's simply not worth the time
Honestly, the recruiters are absolute liars. Training was decent, lead training was pathetic. This company works in one simple way. Kiss ax or you're fired. RM's are pathetic, as are half the CM's. Pay was below average, only pro was check was always on time. If you thought mom and pop shops were bad, this company is twice as bad. In my honest opinion, this company needs to stay in the wireline side, wireless upper management is just a bunch on monkeys.
was a good environment to work in.
Detail Transport UVN Engineer (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 16, 2014
was a decent company a little more process focused than most.
Great company
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 3, 2014
Needs more administrative support, managers are left to administrative chores that should be handled by a Project Coordinator
Not too bad of a place to work
EHS, Quality, and Field Training Lead (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, traveling
Cons: work hours
a typical day could be anything from dragging along to going 100mph, i have learned all about Lean Six Sigma, OSHA 510, Kaizen Optimizer, WIGs (Wildly Important Goals), my co workers were great people, the hardest part of my job was getting my point across.
installer
Installer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2014
Job was very different in the work that I peformed did different stuff on a day today worked night worked day
job is awsome
Civil Cellular Technician (Current Employee), atlanta gaJuly 27, 2014
pretty good job there always something new to learn management is management co workers make the day go easy the hardest part is being on the out of town for so long the pay is awesome
Average
Business Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 27, 2014
Average day at work
Average management
Average co-workers
Thank you for the great experience so far!
Tower Lead (Current Employee), IndianaMay 8, 2014
Pros: growing company, medical benefits, one to a room in hotels, steady pay
Cons: field management communication was bad, now that they have support it's gotten better. rm's were overworked and flooded with calls.
I've been in the industry for about ten years now and I've never worked for a better company. It feels good to be a part of a company that actually values their climbers. we even get our own hotel rooms when we travel. You ain't gonna get that perk in many places. Every other company I've climbed for tried to shack up two or more guys to a room and that sucks when out on the road for weeks at a time. I'm guaranteed at least 40 hours a week. We even get paid when there is no work if the customer hasn't given it yet. that's way better than my last company. I would work 80 hours one week and then 10 the next. I don't have to worry about that anymore now that I'm with BlueStream. Also, my wife is very happy with the benefits.
Disorganized Politics
Crew Forman (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: clc lodging
Cons: play the politics
The time I have spent at bluestream has been nothing like I expected from the way the recruiter played the company up like they are all about their tower climbers to promising promotions we all the field operation guys and gals are just another number we don't mean anything to the suits the job itself is consistent with the other tower job I was at before. I enjoy the people the I work with on my crew and my cm's as well they do provide decent pay and good benifits

About BlueStream Professional Services

KGP Logistics is one of the country’s largest single-source; value-added suppliers of supply chain services, communications – Read more

BlueStream Professional Services Salaries