BlueStream Professional Services Employee Reviews

Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southeast u.s., texasApril 3, 2017
I worked as a field engineer on a project for Windstream . I met and worked with a crew of true professionals . I had no issues with upper level management or the company . The project was run professionally and in a timely manner . I hated to see the project end . I would gladly work for Bluestream again .
Pros
Paid on time good work envirorment
Cons
Contract ended
Stressful, unsatisfying
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 27, 2017
• Intense work schedule.
• Do not trust in this company.
• Cut-throat, self preserving, petty, unconcerned with the welfare, well-being of the employee or customer.
• Lacked quality, structure, dignity, respect.
• Company politics.
• Weekends.
One of the worst places I've ever worked
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
This is by far, the worst telecom company I have ever worked for. Hands down. Too many chiefs, that don't know what they're doing and not enough Indians to do the work. It's expected that you take on more than one job at this company and work ridiculous hours to complete your work. No raises in over 2 years for most of the people I work with.

They tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door when they need you but as soon as it comes time for them to hold up their end of the bargain, forget it.

You're nothing but a number at this company.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
One has to take on more than one job. Low pay. Long hours.
Great team oriented employees
Detail Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2016
Decent employment with stagnant pay.
Job Work & Life Balance were out of balance more than half the time.
Management seemed to be out of touch with employees at times.
Employees are hardworking and willing to help each other.
Unknowns of financials pertaining to pay increase and/or bonuses.
Enjoyed the comradery of the employees with whom I worked.
Pros
Excellent Teamwork
Cons
Lack of good communication between management/ownership & employees
Back stabbing, bickering, infighting, blame game, cliques, bullying
Employee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2016
Would not recommend working here to anyone. Very negative and toxic work environment. Upper management does not know what goes on at the local level. Middle managers act like they are the king of the world and treat lower level workers like dirt, belittling them, berating them, screaming and yelling at them, embarrassing them, criticizing them, etc. Not recommended at all.
Managers have no people skills or management skills. plenty of Backstabbing, throwing others under the bus, infighting, bickering, arguing, fighting, etc.
Pros
NONE
Cons
HORRIBLE !!
Employee morale is last on list for Bluestream Management.
Lead Installer Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 19, 2016
Over the last couple of years the company has constantly cut expense reimbursement for field employees.

Until a couple of years ago the employee was reimbursed up to $125.00 per day perdiem for meals and lodging while working away from base. Then the company went to the CLC card which payed for the hotel room and the installer was reimbursed $30.00 per day for meals on days that you stayed in a hotel room and $20.00 per day for meals when you did not stay overnight in a hotel.
Now in their infinite wisdom, management has decided that $80.00 per day to pay for hotel room AND meals is sufficient. To receive the $80.00 you must have a motel receipt. If you travel from base to a job, such as a card and cable job, and back to base in same day, you get zero reimbrsement. The rooms that I could afford to stay in required a sleeping bag.

Most of the supervisors that I worked for were supportive. A couple of the project managers were supportive as well.

Many of the long time managers, project managers, and other employees have moved on to other opportunities.
Pros
Lower level management
Cons
Read my Review.
Miserable Place To Work - Stay Away
Installer4 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2016
Bottom line is the almighty dollar. They could give a rats behind about the people that make them the money. Stay away from this outfit or you will be sorry!!!
Great Training
Tower Climber, (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
On time deliveries to the towers. Communication was very effective. Easy to work with staff even though all were not onsite
Great management and compensation
Level I installer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
I learned a lot about telecommunications and how it works. The managers were always making sure I understood what was happening and encouraged and rewarded hard work.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Lots of travel
Lots of good food
STR (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Lots of meetings
Team work and keep you opinions to yourself
sometimes you are lucky with what manager you get
Watch out what you say to your co-workers
Hardest part is the long hours, but it usually is only 4 10 hour days
then you get a 3 day weekend
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much drama
Great co-workers
Project Manager II, Net. Eng (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 13, 2015
Co-workers were great to work with!
I learned new technologies and methodologies.
Hardest part of the job was the intensive work hours often required to meet project requirements (work-to-resource ratio)
Pros
Learning new technologies
Cons
No stability of employment
n/a
Tower Foreman (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 12, 2015
This company was a great place to work , just did not follow through with all that was promised as well as new management came in and wanted to being in there on crew and let everyone else go.
the most enjoyable part of my job
Project Manager - Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Working with a team that everyone had different strengths and at any time you can pull from them to attack a new task or fire. A team who was always willing to try and step in when needed.
Pros
Good benefits and great salaries
Cons
Little to no training on internal systems and company would "RIF" you with out cause.
Horrible place to work totally unprofessional
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 12, 2015
BlueStream Professional Service is in every way opposite to the company name and core values. Due it being a family owned business they cater to the family's personal feelings and not those of the business, core values, human resource guidlines nor do they regard the value in their employees. The turn over is horrible as well as the morale.
Pros
Cons
No moral or professional standards upheld.
Kind of drab place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario CaJuly 28, 2015
Interesting place to work. You have to think out of the box daily and you traveled a lot in southern California. I was in charge of keeping track of the pace and completion of jobs and communication skills had to be very good. Overall it was a very unsecure place to work with poor management.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Poor management
Not a bad job, but inconsistent.
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2015
A pretty good job, it just has a low starting pay. You have to pay for the training in GA but they do offer a lot of certifications, including OSHA-30. The benefits are good as well, but your work schedule is completely random. It's dependent on when you get tickets for maintenance. You might work nonstop or you might be out of work for a week, so save your money for instances like this.
Pros
IF hired, training is discounted
Cons
If not hired, training costs a pretty penny
No employee loyalty
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  NatinwideJuly 12, 2015
Not much to say except from the time we were bought by KGP and became BlueStream I didn't feel secure in my position. I understand business models but there are ways as I witnessed with Tyco and ADC to make an employee feel secure and a part of the larger picture.
Great location
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 7, 2015
I worked in the south florida market and the weather was beautiful. The management was great and the customer was great to work with
Pros
clc card with decent hotels on the list
glad to be out of there.
Construction Manager cell tower Installation (Former Employee) –  dayton,ohApril 22, 2015
You get one shot, then it is good bye if you do not meet their standards . This is a very good paying job if you can play their game.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very little leadership, no direction, bad mouths any other company
Project work 1099 contractor
Senior Detail Engineer / Wireless (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 6, 2015
Too short of a project to give any review. I had a great field team in Penn. but the project ended with out another one to move to.
Pros
Great contractor pay
Cons
Alot of out of state travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlueStream Professional Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7