BlueStream Professional Services

BlueStream Professional Services Employee Reviews in United States

Employee morale is last on list for Bluestream Management.
Lead Installer Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 19, 2016
Over the last couple of years the company has constantly cut expense reimbursement for field employees.

Until a couple of years ago the employee was reimbursed up to $125.00 per day perdiem for meals and lodging while working away from base. Then the company went to the CLC card which payed for the hotel room and the installer was reimbursed $30.00 per day for meals on days that you stayed in a hotel room and $20.00 per day for meals when you did not stay overnight in a hotel.
Now in their infinite wisdom, management has decided that $80.00 per day to pay for hotel room AND meals is sufficient. To receive the $80.00 you must have a motel receipt. If you travel from base to a job, such as a card and cable job, and back to base in same day, you get zero reimbrsement. The rooms that I could afford to stay in required a sleeping bag.

Most of the supervisors that I worked for were supportive. A couple of the project managers were supportive as well.

Many of the long time managers, project managers, and other employees have moved on to other opportunities.
Pros
Lower level management
Cons
Read my Review.
Great management and compensation
Level I installer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
I learned a lot about telecommunications and how it works. The managers were always making sure I understood what was happening and encouraged and rewarded hard work.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Lots of travel
Lots of good food
STR (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Lots of meetings
Team work and keep you opinions to yourself
sometimes you are lucky with what manager you get
Watch out what you say to your co-workers
Hardest part is the long hours, but it usually is only 4 10 hour days
then you get a 3 day weekend
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much drama
Miserable Place To Work - Stay Away
Installer4 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2016
Bottom line is the almighty dollar. They could give a rats behind about the people that make them the money. Stay away from this outfit or you will be sorry!!!
Cons
the most enjoyable part of my job
Project Manager - Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Working with a team that everyone had different strengths and at any time you can pull from them to attack a new task or fire. A team who was always willing to try and step in when needed.
Pros
Good benefits and great salaries
Cons
Little to no training on internal systems and company would "RIF" you with out cause.
n/a
Tower Foreman (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 12, 2015
This company was a great place to work , just did not follow through with all that was promised as well as new management came in and wanted to being in there on crew and let everyone else go.
Not a bad job, but inconsistent.
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2015
A pretty good job, it just has a low starting pay. You have to pay for the training in GA but they do offer a lot of certifications, including OSHA-30. The benefits are good as well, but your work schedule is completely random. It's dependent on when you get tickets for maintenance. You might work nonstop or you might be out of work for a week, so save your money for instances like this.
Pros
IF hired, training is discounted
Cons
If not hired, training costs a pretty penny
No advancement
Telecommunications Installer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
People never own up to their own responsibilities, Issues are always someone else's problems. There is a huge lack of support from management. Along with unrealistic expectations.
Pros
descent benifits
Cons
work life is expected to be your only life. with no compensation
Great Training
Tower Climber, (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
On time deliveries to the towers. Communication was very effective. Easy to work with staff even though all were not onsite
Kind of drab place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario CaJuly 28, 2015
Interesting place to work. You have to think out of the box daily and you traveled a lot in southern California. I was in charge of keeping track of the pace and completion of jobs and communication skills had to be very good. Overall it was a very unsecure place to work with poor management.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Poor management
Most Unprofessional Working Environment Ever
Overworked & Underappreciated (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2013
This is not a company that values employees. Has had the same management team yielding the same poor results for years. The employees are hard-working individuals with little to no opportunity for career advancement. The salaries are low. The HR team is of no value to the organization because they're lead by someone who doesn't have a clue on what to do. The company believes that your job is your "reward" so there's little to no recognition for employees, and many haven't received a pay increase in years. The benefits are extremely high. The most enjoyable part of the work place is when it's time to go home.
Pros
having a job
Cons
everything except having a job
Working for Bluestream on a scale of 10 was a 6
Telecommunications Installation Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 18, 2015
As far as actual work, this company was good to work for. Bluestream lost a major turf contract with AT&T affecting the volume of work we were getting for the last year of the 18 years I've been working there. jobs were scarce on the books so management didn't hesitate to let almost all of our installation crew go. As far as benefits go, it was just ok. before Bluestream acquired Tyco connectivity, our company had great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health plans. Far superior to Bluestreams United Health Care insurance. I loved the People I worked for because thru all four company acquisitions all of us had remained working together for the same installation group. All co workers were, and still are my friends thru out all that has happened. Best part of my job was the people I worked for and the steadiness of work we once had. worst part was the day I was let go after 18 years of continuous work. Thru all my time working here I have learned so much, from so many in this industry and would like to continue my journey in the telecom field performing quality work with excellent results.
Pros
the steady work when we had it
Cons
healthcare
Disorganized Politics
Crew Forman (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 24, 2014
The time I have spent at bluestream has been nothing like I expected from the way the recruiter played the company up like they are all about their tower climbers to promising promotions we all the field operation guys and gals are just another number we don't mean anything to the suits the job itself is consistent with the other tower job I was at before. I enjoy the people the I work with on my crew and my cm's as well they do provide decent pay and good benifits
Pros
clc lodging
Cons
play the politics
Thank you for the great experience so far!
Tower Lead (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 8, 2014
I've been in the industry for about ten years now and I've never worked for a better company. It feels good to be a part of a company that actually values their climbers. we even get our own hotel rooms when we travel. You ain't gonna get that perk in many places. Every other company I've climbed for tried to shack up two or more guys to a room and that sucks when out on the road for weeks at a time. I'm guaranteed at least 40 hours a week. We even get paid when there is no work if the customer hasn't given it yet. that's way better than my last company. I would work 80 hours one week and then 10 the next. I don't have to worry about that anymore now that I'm with BlueStream. Also, my wife is very happy with the benefits.
Pros
growing company, medical benefits, one to a room in hotels, steady pay
Cons
field management communication was bad, now that they have support it's gotten better. rm's were overworked and flooded with calls.
Pathetic
Lead (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 29, 2014
Honestly, the recruiters are absolute liars. Training was decent, lead training was pathetic. This company works in one simple way. Kiss ax or you're fired. RM's are pathetic, as are half the CM's. Pay was below average, only pro was check was always on time. If you thought mom and pop shops were bad, this company is twice as bad. In my honest opinion, this company needs to stay in the wireline side, wireless upper management is just a bunch on monkeys.
Pros
pay check on time
Cons
place has more drama then high school. it's simply not worth the time
Horrible place to work totally unprofessional
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 12, 2015
BlueStream Professional Service is in every way opposite to the company name and core values. Due it being a family owned business they cater to the family's personal feelings and not those of the business, core values, human resource guidlines nor do they regard the value in their employees. The turn over is horrible as well as the morale.
Pros
Cons
No moral or professional standards upheld.
Great location
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 7, 2015
I worked in the south florida market and the weather was beautiful. The management was great and the customer was great to work with
Pros
clc card with decent hotels on the list
No employee loyalty
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  NatinwideJuly 12, 2015
Not much to say except from the time we were bought by KGP and became BlueStream I didn't feel secure in my position. I understand business models but there are ways as I witnessed with Tyco and ADC to make an employee feel secure and a part of the larger picture.
Cons
glad to be out of there.
Construction Manager cell tower Installation (Former Employee) –  dayton,ohApril 22, 2015
You get one shot, then it is good bye if you do not meet their standards . This is a very good paying job if you can play their game.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very little leadership, no direction, bad mouths any other company
Challenging job requirements, wonderful co-workers that have become family
Detail Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2012
Life with BlueStream is a continuous flow of installation projects at all stages of completion. I typically have ten to twelve projects consecutively, spaced across the life cycle of our installation process. I enjoy the challenges.

My co-workers and management are skilled, talented people that do their best for our clients, and we have been recognized as a leader in the telecommunications field for many years (formerly Tyco Electronics Connectivity, and formerly ADC Professional Services).

I am used to traveling for surveys across the country, and I enjoy this aspect of the job. I also enjoy working on the drawings and schematics used to visually show the installation scope (front equipment drawings, wiring diagrams, etc).
Pros
by far, the biggest pro about this job is the people i work with. my co-workers are intelligent, fun people that i have grown close to over the years.
Cons
healthcare benefits have declined with each new iteration of the company (adc to te, te to bluestream). new procedures are added regularly, adding time to projects that haven't been quoted with those changes in mind, which can lead to lower margins, which then need explaining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlueStream Professional Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7