Bluffton University Employee Reviews in United States

Student Worker
Admissions Intern - Information Processing (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJanuary 4, 2016
I was in charge of being the middle man between perspective students and counselor. I would handle transcripts, resumes, ACT, Social Security numbers, etc. We were a small force with only four other workers in my area. My boss was very understanding with our available hours due to being a full time student and student athlete.
Cons
only allowed 8 hours a week
Bluffton University
Dept. Chair of Health, Fitness and Sport Sciences (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJuly 1, 2015
Excellent small, diverse university. Excellent student involvement. Good life-balance. Students receive an excellent education. Excellent HPERS department. Good community backing and donors.
Felt respect being trusted to record important information
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJune 19, 2015
I worked in the admissions office and the business office.
I learned a little about how the college is run.
Management was great.
My co-workers were my bosses and they were very helpful.
The hardest part was finding time to work.
The most enjoyable part was using my clerical abilities for my campus job.
Pros
Cons
Short-term job
Excellent
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHMarch 15, 2015
Great place for an education and to hone your skills in your field of choice. Many opportunities to get real life experiences that will help you in your future career. Highly recommended.
Fun
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHAugust 2, 2014
Great atmosphere and fun to be a part of. Learned a lot along the way. People were nice and very helpful.
Great time
Special Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJune 30, 2014
The peopel I worked for where amazing people. We would plan different events for the campus and also help clean up the stands aftrer football games.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the weather
Working-Clam Environment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  BlufftonMarch 28, 2014
Typical day: making round in dorm halls, taking out trash, maintaining bathrooms and lobbies. I created my own work schedule due to my classes.
Great learning environment. Full of wonderful people.
Locker Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHMay 7, 2013
A typical day on the job being a locker room supervisor was first communicating with my boss about what tasks needed to be completed. I worked independently for the most part in the locker room keeping it presentable and clean for our sports teams and recruiting visits. If i needed any supplies or equipment I communicated with my boss and we worked together as a team to complete the task. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom my boss gave me because I had earned trust and he knew i was a dependable worker. The hardest part of the job was just it being a campus job while having classes, studying, and other school requirements I had to have excellent time-management skills.
Fun workplace with enthusiastic staff
Technology Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, OHMarch 28, 2013
A typical day at work in the Technology Center involves beginning-of-shift management responsibilities, including refilling supplies in the printer, cleaning the work area, and delivering or retrieving any equipment on campus as necessary. Following that, the employee is free to engage in personal activities as long as they do not make them unavailable to assist any users in the Technology Center.

Since taking this job, I have become proficient with many types of educational technology, such as Microsoft Office, video cameras, laptops, and projectors. Since being promoted to supervisor, I have learned how to manage a staff of student-employees and how to keep them motivated even during a busy semester.

My immediate supervisor is the Technology Coordinator, who is fun and outgoing. He is willing to train you in any part of the job that you are uncertain with, he is patient with those who make mistakes, and he is an excellent role model of how management should treat the common employees.

My co-workers are a diverse group of individuals who are all attracted to different aspects of this job. It is exciting to see their different strengths in action and I never dread working with any of them.

The hardest part of the job is negotiating the constant responsibilities of the Technology Center with the other commitments that I have at school, particularly coursework. It is not that I must sacrifice one in order to do the other, but it can get tiresome over the course of a long semester.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with students, faculty, and staff and collaborating
  more... with them to achieve common goals. I am always happy to assist people in completing their task.  less
Educational and knowledgable
Staff writer and Radio DJ (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OhioJanuary 28, 2013
Working in a campus radio made me learned a lot in the media perspective. The hardest thing here was, getting on top of ones daily schedule, since I was a full time student. I heard time management here.
Productive work environment for student's around campus.
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJuly 5, 2012
I would go into work to prep and cook our orders. I also would maintain a clean environment for the workers and customers by mopping and cleaning tables whenever needed. Taking care of the cashier was also a duty of mine. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with all of the students on campus as well as my managers because they were friendly and easy to work for.
Fun Experience!
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, OHJune 14, 2012
Working as a part of the Athletic Training Staff, you will be hard pressed to find a day where you don't want to go to your job. I absolutely loved my time working with the football, basketball and baseball teams. From arriving two weeks before school started to staying a week after graduation to help the staff tend to the needs of the players, it was one of the best opportunities to come my way. A typical day started off by taping athlete's feet and ended with weigh-ins and cleaning up the Training room. We would provide the players with water and assist the Athletic Trainer in basic first-aid treatment. If it came down to transporting an athlete to the local hospital, we were expected to drop everything we were doing and go with them. Some would find this annoying, but I truly cared about the players so I found sitting in waiting rooms to be second nature.
My boss was extremely laid back. Anything he could do to help us, he would. If we needed some time off to complete school work, he would send us back to our rooms to study.
My coworkers were more like sisters to me. Being all female, it was hard not to bond with them. We would spend every day (weekends included) with them, so it was natural to do things with them, even outside of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was balancing school with work. We would get out of classes and go straight to practice, so you really had no time to procrastinate on school projects.
The most enjoyable was getting to do what I love best, enjoying sports. While I was on the clock and expected to do certain duties, I was also able to take
  more... in the practices, games and other fun activities.  less
Pros
fun working environment, opportunity to grow
Cons
no benefits.
Productive atmosphere
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  LibraryDecember 29, 2011
Students come to the Library to complete assignments, and recieve additional information from the student workers and librarians to make their studies easier. The students meet their needs at the Bluffton University Library.
Pros
great staff

4.4