BMC Software Employee Reviews

Very disorganized place to work.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 21, 2016
At the Englewood,Co branch this company is very disorganized. Customer gets wrong product on a regular basis because of sales people and so the driver has to hear it. The dispatcher/supervisor is very condescending and abusive in his speech. This is extremely physical job for drivers. Some of the co workers can be fun.
Pros
occasional free lunch and benefits not bad.
Cons
Management is awful!
Basically a terrible place to work
Project manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 29, 2016
This business is the epitome of how not to run a business. Communication is at an all time low, management doesn't care about you at all.
The position applied for was not the role of the job. I applied for one thing, I was told in several interviews that it wasn't this, and it turned out to be exactly what I thought.

One of the owners treats the business as a hobby, makes rash decisions and doesn't think things through, though not thinking things through and not communicating are the hallmarks of this business.

The office is cramped and unprofessional. The coworkers in office were wonderful, but those not in office would stab you in the back if it would make them look good, and are not helpful.

If you read this, do not work here, it's stressful and unprofessional. They said they are growing but every day it looked as if they kept falling more and more apart.

Do not work here.
Pros
Pays well for the job, probably because they have high turn over
Cons
Stressful, unprofessional, demeaning, lack of communication, don't care about employees, treated unfairly
Really values its employees.
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2016
Like all software companies, the basis of the company is intellectual property. This company realized that intellectual property is generated by intellects. Christmas party ( formal, tux) featured door prizes like "grab in a barrel of money, no bill less than 20" which the company "grossed up" so no taxes were owed. A significant portion of the product revenue was awarded to the development teams as bonuses.
Pros
Brilliant contributors and superb management.
Cons
Post merger political problems
The company could have been ran better
Team leader on assembly line (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TX 77471April 8, 2016
I appreciated the experience I obtained working with the company. It was required to work long hours and 6 days a week which I didn't always like because that was not disclosed to me during time of hire
Pros
stable work
Cons
no incentives
Great Company
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great company to work for but you have to play the political game to move ahead. Great perks and comp plans. Great 401k, health insurance and health benefits.
Pros
Great comp plan
Cons
non that would merit mentioning
Change is Important
Sr. Enablement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2016
All software acquisition companies require you to be flexible to an ever changing business. With technology moving quickly, the software must follow.
i love this job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Columbiana, OHJanuary 29, 2016
times are slow, its oilfield trucking, the company is great. the pay is the best. oilfield work is slow atm but will pick back up.
Pros
u dont work around the clock
Cons
u hav to much time off between jobs
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Ability to work independently, managed my own schedule, rewarded for my expertise and contributions.

Excellent coworker environment and the ability to foster teamwork.

Employees are doing their best to deliver technology to meet customer requirements.
Pros
excellent benefits and flexible work schedule
Still trying to grow up
services manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 4, 2016
It seems BMC Software continues the struggle to define itself and it's products. While the software products are well liked by most customers, product integrity and quality - especially new releases - continues to be a major obstacle. Strategic direction seems to shift with every failed sales quarter. The company seems content to let the product pillars go in independent directions, and lacks a vision for integration of the product pillars. And the move to SaaS and/or cloud - well, keep guessing? Without the significant leadership from the private equity teams, one can only wonder where BMC would be.
Pros
Decent compensation package
Cons
Poor coordination between product sales and customer success teams
Poor work life balance
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
We worked 65 - 70 hour week migrating a data center from India to the US.

Once the migration BMC layed off our team and 600 other employees.
Pros
Good learning op
Cons
Poor work life balance
I loved working at BMC Software
Business Development Representative (BDR) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 7, 2015
I left because my job requirements changed and we all of a sudden had to travel. I told them when I started there I could not travel with 2 small kids and a husband on call 24/7 365 days a year.
As BMC acquired all these smaller companies they would take on the way they did business and it was constantly changing which I didn't mind until they started making all travel and it was never put in my file when I was hired even though I was told it was in there.
I really loved working there and miss it and all the people.
they started great, but no chance of advancement.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2015
I was stationed at OKCPS desktop support, front desk, I took care of the teachers laptops, after I got hired on, they changed there name to EbryIT.
Good company to work for
Regional Account Manager / ITSM Specialist (Former Employee) –  FGOV regionNovember 1, 2015
Good company to work for. Exceptional Sales Training program. Learned a lot about the technology and the sales process.
build roof truss's
Maintenace Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 31, 2015
coworkers are fun to work with.always something new going on .figuring out equipment problems always keep u delivering loads of lumber on spare time.
Always on the move
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
Very good at being a first real job, it was simple, but there is a lot going on, always orders to be pulled, and always receiving more goods. You can make this a career opportunity, if you are passionate about wood.
Pros
Good on safety, always have something to do
Great environment to work in, Great company to work for!
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 25, 2015
At the time I joined BMC they were rated one of the Top 10 best companies to work for. By the time I retired they had lost this prestigious rating, but, nevertheless, it was still a great workplace. Very flexible work hours, great job culture, and we did a lot of voluntary charitable work. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute I worked there!
Pros
Free coffee, tea, snacks, breakfast cereals, soda vending machines(no charge)
Cons
can't think of anything worth mentioning
Just a Merger and Acquisition Company
Lead Product Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2015
This company just acquires new companies and milks the new product for all of its revenues and then moves on to the next acquired company and products.
Nice working environment
Assurance Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
All the co-worker here are friendly and willing to help me. I tested the internal control of the company and understood the business processes. I did not meet with lots of difficulties at the firm because they were all ready to answer my questions and solve my problem.
Pros
Nice people and working environment
Cons
no specific cons
Some perks, several headaches
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
I work from home, which is a huge plus, and provides a lot of flexibility. I generally enjoy the work, and tasks are well structured and balanced. There is also a good amount of opportunity for collaboration within and between departments. There's a lot of opportunity to learn, and learn how to be creative in meeting business and delivery objectives. Work-life balance is iffy...with working from home comes the expectation to be on-call 24/7. The biggest deterrent for me, personally, is that there are difficulties, culturally for advancement in career as a female.
Pros
work from home, collaborative environment
Cons
cultural climate towards females
Great company that has lost its way
Sr Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose CASeptember 30, 2015
While company preaches straight talk and team environment, most teams are dysfunctional, and focused on job security.

Leadership team continues to run business despite poor results.

Products are old and need refreshing but minimal investments are being made to improve products and bring them up to new delivery and business models.