BMI

BMI Employer Reviews

Just don't use this place as a referall
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Rangely, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, paycheck never bounces
Cons: lousy pay, no insurance, no pto, no sick days, no holiday, no benefits to working here at all besides a paycheck
Good side job or inbetween job. I couldn't recommend anyone makes this a career. The HR lady also loves rumors and will make sure to tell any future employer of anything she's ever heard, so just make sure you don't tell her anything and you're good.

As far as the rest of the company goes, it's a lot of talent being held down by business practices that are a good 25+ years old.
fun and easy going
cd duplicator (Former Employee), Springfield Gardens, NYSeptember 1, 2014
we worked non stop for hours when a big order came in, manager paid us every week but the hours were hectic at times.
Work Review
Premium billing and enrollment specialist (Former Employee), Great Bend, KSJune 16, 2014
Pros: learning experience, also helped me grow as a person
Cons: nothing
My basic duties were secretarial duties, and making sure applications were processed for customers.
Many opportunities for advancement
Carpentry (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 7, 2014
Nice experience of being able to use my skills. Co-workers were very dependable.
Difficult Sales job with an amazing support staff
Licensing Executive (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2013
Pros: amazing management, training, and support staff
Cons: low advancment opportunity
BMI is a Music Licensing organization. We represent and compensate songwriters on a non-profit making business for the use of their music in the public realm. My job was to research and contact businesses for the use of said music. My job involved a combination of phone calls, web research, business trips to various cities and any other means necessary. I left BMI on good terms with adequate notice to pursue alternative career options.
Very professional workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
This company is very professional. In some cases there is a lot of traveling and time away from home
Work first but great work environment
CTA Database Manager (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great work hours, supervisors were always willing to help if needed.
Cons: healthcare was expensive due to small company
My typical day at work was to make sure that all tasks given to me were met. Things such as making sure that all databases and such were checks multiple times and updated when needed. Returning calls, emails and helping out with other projects that might need to be done in order to fill a task as a group.
The hardest part of my job was making sure that everything was to my standards....I like perfection and like it done before I leave so I can focus on the next day with a fresh open mind.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting someone that you helped face to face and hearing how you helped.
Great Company
Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2013
Basically BMI, will pay me in the time if I make a musical hit, or perform. Overall Im having a great experience working with them.
Great Company
Film/TV Analyst (Temp Position) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 6, 2013
BMI is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed my time immensely with the wonderful staff.
Posted as musician
Copy-written Musician (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2013
As a musician, it's great, they collect money for their artists.
Excellent company to work for
Manager, Commercial Radio Monitoring (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my 20 years at BMI. Typical day - no such thing in my department! Always something else to do and scheduling an exact day was difficult, but the work always got done! We had deadlines that were met and each member of my team kept up with their work as best as they could. Being a manager with a small team and a large workload was challenging at times but always rewarding.
Excellent company to work for
Nothing Good to say
Honet router (Current Employee), Shorter, ALFebruary 3, 2013
Everything about the job is poor. From the pay to having no benefits of no kind.
interesting
Director, Writer/Publisher Relations (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2012
you definitely learn a lot.
lots of different aspects.
was able to meet a lot of talented writers
Fun Work place
Engineer/ Drafting and Design (Former Employee), Bismarck, MOSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: lunches and breaks where all great
Cons: not suffcient pay for the college training i recieved
Great to work for but the Business funding wasn't there. The Business closed and may have reopened under new owners
The Best PRO
Singer/Songwriter (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 4, 2012
This is undoubtedly the best performing rights organization.
Monotonous and unprofessional.
Laborer (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MichiganJuly 25, 2012
Pros: the schedule and location.
Cons: inefficient management, poor organization, no room for progress or promotion.
A typical day at BMI included building several thousand small auto parts a day and trying to hit production numbers.

I learned how to build clamps used in Honda vehicles and several other small components.

Management was tyrannical and inefficient.

Most of my co-workers were high-school drop outs without drivers licenses and most had legal troubles. Some of them were very kind, honest, and hard-working people and they were helpful and taught me how to work to my fullest potential.

The hardest part of that job was the bleak atmosphere of the warehouse. When you succeeded in hitting production quotas, we were told that we could do better, rather than being encouraged.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the fifteen-minute breaks.