BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employer Reviews

Bad Leadership
AML Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay!
The individual who also stated "Bad Leadership" could not have been more CORRECT! Terrible leadership, kissing up gets you to the top, very unprofessional, and management could use a few ethical classes on their own.
I wasn't there long enough to give feedback
Sr, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
I did not work there long enough to provide any feedback. It would be unfair to guess at this point.
Great place to work.
Recruiting Coordinator/ Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Great place to work!
The office culture supports a strong work-life balance.
The office environment is very professional.
Overall, a wonderful experience.
Good Place to work
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 1, 2013
i was doing clean-up projects after they bought M&I Bank, i didn't learn anything new. management and co-workers were good, trying to find work when there wasn't any.
Bad leadership
Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: kissing up gets you everywhere
Very bad leadership. No leadership or training given.
Management is Lack Of Management
It was a very fun place to work at.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2013
I learned a lot of information to help me progress in my career. All of my co-workers were great to work with. My manager was the best she was always there when I needed something.
Indigenous Affairs
Tech Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: money, pr
Cons: cultural sensitivity, management
BMO, though storied, needs significant updating in it's overall corporate etiquette.
Close-knit group
Investment Banking Analyst - Industrials (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2013
A nice blen of industry coverage and financial analysis. Analysts are given a significant amount of responsibility with both coverage pitches and live transactions.
Fun group of people to work with.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2013
Overall, I enjoy working at BMO. I would say there is growth possibility within the company, but compensation can be tricky.
Fun group of people to work with.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Senior Manager II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2012
Worked ith M&I Bank for 25 years before being bought out by BMO the last two years. Very diverse Bank with solid culture and healthy commitment to customers and community.
Good workenviorment
Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Good place to work, good culture, friendly, etc. Hard hours, as is all investment banks
The work place is productive but now that we are no longer M & I Bank, there have been numerous changes.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: employee satisfaction is no longer valuable to bmo
A Typical day at work is ok, we call and talk to multiple people about their accounts, and sometimes leave messages for them to call back. I learned this job when it was formely M & I Bank, now BMO Financil Group. Now that we are a new name there have been a lot of changes with in the last year which caused a damp in all my co-workers lives. The hardest – more... part of my job as of today is wondering how long will we all actually have jobs. It scares me to wonder every day because I have never been faced with this type of situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and communicating with my fellow co-workers, and also communicating to my customers on a daily basis. There is no flexibilty anymore no matter what situation comes about, management doesnt show appreciation to their employees like before, nor they don't sponser any activities anymore. They barely provide soap and normal things for the break room. We always runing out of things like, suger, coffee, paper plates, soap and napkins. BMO has great values and prospectives for their customers but not for their employess. – less
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 7, 2012
Loved working here, it was a great place to work. They provided me with a chance to expand my knowledge base and also offered a healthy work/life balance.
challenging and fact paced work environment
AML KYC Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: long hours
BMO Capital Markets, AML is a very challenging and fast paced work environment.

As part of the BMO AML Review team the most challenging aspect of my job is to facilitate AML and direct it towards the correct line of business which needs to take ownership over KYC annual review of selected customers within BMO Capital Markets.

Another challenging aspect – more... of the job is to ensure the client responds within the given time frame to any information missing and necessary to conduct AML KYC annual review.

My job role requires me to do something different everyday and work with several individuals across the floor making it very interesting and challenging.

As I am able to connect and work with my co-workers it is amazing since I am able to create friends with them quickly and learn from them as I teach them all at the same time.

I have learned how excel could help me perform my job much better and I learned how to take ownership over issues and I am able to make decisions when need be. – less
Top 5 Canadian Investment Bank
Analyst - High Yield trading (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2014
BMO Capital Markets provides a full range of products and services to help corporate, institutional and government clients achieve their ambitions. From 29 locations around the world, including 16 in North America, BMO Capital Markets draws on expertise in areas including equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, mergers – more... and acquisitions advisory services, merchant banking, securitization, treasury and market risk management, foreign exchange, derivatives, debt and equity research and institutional sales and trading. – less
Wonderful Place of employment
Marketing Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work was mainly computer data and database information. Learned a lot about people and their great giving spirits. This was a contract temporary position to help with the united way campaign and I got to meet a lot of great people and shared quite a bit of their lives and ambitions. Love the management team of open door policies and – more... team work. Can't really say there was anything hard about this position and enjoyed it very much. – less
BMO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2014
Great company to start your career with.
Started as a Customer service representative.
Fast and efficient working environment
Office Connect\Nesbitt Burns Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2014
BMO first point of contact Support Service Desk day to day, managers and Executives technical issue from Desktop\Blackberry to network connectivity. In-house developers CRM application support, Lotus Notes 8.5 Database Radian6 Salesforce application, SharePoint and Active Directory Support.

Finding system root cause assisting peers and reporting feedback – more... issue through Knowledge base peers and team managers. Multiple achievements awards for outstanding job performance form clients, managers and peers.

Great Team Spirit. – less
Management is Great.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 3, 2014
My position at BMO financial group is to provide service and information along with sales for BMO's Mastercard department.

It is a high paced contact centre environment, which i would take inbound calls from BMO MC clients.

The most difficult part of my job was to hit the sales targets, but overall it was not that difficult to do.

Management and – more... my co-workers are great. no complaints there.
Most enjoyable of my job was to talk to customers and the feeling of educating them. – less

1 2 3

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos