BMO Harris Bank Employee Reviews

Stressful
Expense Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
As far as a typical day it can be okay at time and them very stressful a 15th and 28th of the month, Management doesn't have a clue to run the depart.
One of the Best Places to work in WI
Contact Center Associate, Personal Banking (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 11, 2017
BMO is a great place to work. I absolutely love the diversity and the strive to be one of the best places to work. I admire there desire to get their employees where the employee wants to be and the many opportunities that are available.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, opportunity for advancement
Cons
N/a
Very Negative place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 10, 2017
Not a good place to work, a bunch of lies to keep you working there, very negative atmosphere and people. Just not a fair place to work. Dont pay you for your job duties. Negative people.
benefits
Cons
people
Corporate Areas HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
great place to work, diverse and career growth driven. Managers are very supportive and clear in communication. It is an amazing culture, clear and concise.
Great Company
Senior Banker (small business banker) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
BMO Harris is a great company to work for. There is a lot of career opportunities, great pay, relaxed culture, and fair management. Overall a wonderful experience
Merger
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 22, 2017
I was a long time M&I employee which was a great company to work for. They were very good to their employees, offering great benefits and a very positive company culture. When BMO Harris purchased M&I the merger was very poorly planned. It was a mess of confusion for employees and customers alike. I was amongst the people not immediately laid off but put in a new role with no training and vague expectations. My department was based in Naperville and eventually M&I employees were phased out over time. I assume the wrinkles in this merger were hopefully ironed out as BMO seemed to have good intentions and are now offering a good place to work for employees.
US AML Financial Intelligence Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
Great place to work and managers support the staff. There are many roles one can post into. BMO has a great work like balance such as working from home
Basic Company
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 21, 2017
A great company with many career paths to choose from as they really help employees grow logically through the company. I would recommend to anyone who knows they want a job in Banking.
A friendly and productive environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 20, 2017
A typical workday for me at BMO Harris Bank consisted of following up to see that defects were resolved and reaching out to management requesting to escalate a concern if a deliverable date was at risk of not being met. I scheduled meetings and was responsible to ensure that our stakeholders were in attendance. This was also the most challenging part of my job because everyone was so busy. However, what I learned is that if you can communicate as to why it is crucial for the stakeholder to attend the meeting they generally attended and was ready and eager to participate. I felt the environment at BMO Harris was pleasant. Most of the people were friendly and many were helpful. I would say this was also probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
Productive Unbalanced Workplace
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Napperville, ILNovember 18, 2017
Good place to work with the right manager.
I really enjoyed being there but management and team leads are not all bad and most are not all good at what they do. Favoritism is alive and well.
Pros
Being able to help people.
Cons
Communication is not often reciprocal
no work life balance
Anti - Money Laundering Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2017
The compensation given isn't on par with their competitors. The work life balance is pretty non existent due to employee turn over. The work load doesn't match up to the amount of days in the amount. The expectation of work completed/completion is to high. Although I an an hourly employee that is suppose to work a 40 hour work week;My coworkers and I are expected to complete at least 50+ client profiles per month. Over the past two years the company has barely given any fringe benefits to the employees i.e. Christmas party.
Pros
you get a paycheck, if you suck up to managment you will get promoted.
Cons
overworked, underpaid, lack of career advancement
Contact Center poorly managed
Contact Centre Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 15, 2017
Management struggled to provide appropriate coaching, teams too large and management overworked. Leaders did not properly acknowledge issues, rather placed blame. Working with other departments was great, but the contact center is not a place to stay.
Pros
Benefits and discounts, networking opportunities, charity
Cons
Management, morale, over-worked staff.
job experience
Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 15, 2017
fast pace and very productive, constant changes, requires on being on the phone for the full day. very diverse your basic work place. all benefits started at the date of eligibility. However HR department is ran by a 3rd party company and was not on premises.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no hr dept
high sales goals, low incentives
RETAIL RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 13, 2017
high sales goals, low incentives, not to mention they have prehistoric systems that make all takes insanely slow. Logging everything while working at Harris took, way longer then at any other employer.
Working at BMO Harris
Online Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 10, 2017
A typical day is answering a high volume of incoming calls from internal and external customers assisting with online banking issues and account issues.
Pros
Excellent PTO package
Cons
Hours of Operation
Leaving because of health insurance change
BPO Paid Loans Processor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2017
I really don't want to leave there, but the new health plan is forcing me to go elsewhere. I will really miss my friends here. Blaa blaa blaa blaa..... fine, now I reached the minimum words needed to post this stupid thing.
Pros
casual
Cons
Healthcare plan-recent changes
Customers are fun, Management not so much.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 7, 2017
Its a struggle. Not as much fun as they make it sound to be. The work life there could be better. There isnt much opportunity for overtime. There is a mandatory, un-paid, lunch break if you work 6 or more hours. So that blows. Ive worked for better companies.
Rigid environment
Business Banking Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
Very rigid and boring. Management could never be found. Employees throw any type of work at the intern. Mostly busy work. They provided a lot of volunteer opportunities.
skip
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2017
Poor manager, too much work, good people, downtown location and train commute is hard, work at home allowed on occasion, benefits are pretty good, not a lot of advancement opp
teller line
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
helping the service manager run the teller line and doing audits and running the branch.was promoted with in a 9 months and have been a supervisor for a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Harris Bank. Our community is ready to answer.