BMO Harris Bank

BMO Harris Bank Employee Reviews

contract role
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2016
I had a contract role at the bank. I had very limited interactions with the bank employees and management. not enough to provide a review.
Very resourceful and great working enviroment
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2015
Great company to work for. Always keeping everyone in the loop of any upcoming changes. We are always doing the best for our customers and co workers
Bmo
Consumer Lending Document Preparation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2015
I do not wish to participate in this review of this company. The employees were opening and willing to teach. I enjoyed what I did there.
productive
Teller (Current Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILNovember 17, 2015
good work for little hours. need better opportunity for full time hours and wish the job had a better way to transfer members because I don't like the bank I work at as much.
benefits
Cons
the presher of saleing
Productive company to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 5, 2015
Harris Bank is a great bank to work for, they have a great management team, and training is very formal. Company is very rewarding to work for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Senior Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 4, 2015
Great people to work with. The hardest part of my job is getting up so early in the morning with a 3 year old. I have learned how to be patient and how to lead my group to the best of my ability.
Satisfied
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Prescott, WINovember 4, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly and upbeat co-workers. Sales focused. Benefits are great. A lot of training required. Customers are pleasant and dedicated.
Work Environment
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSNovember 1, 2015
When I first started working for this company it was a fun environment that was focused on the customers and the people who worked for them. It seemed toward the end of my employment with them it was focused on making goals and sales. No longer focused on the customers.
Strong on credit quality
VP - Sr. Private Banker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 29, 2015
Strong bank with many layers of decision making the process to slow impacting the customer. A typical day would include setting appointments for new business opportunities, coaching the retail team to look for high end customers, and working together as a team to solve joint customer opportunities.
It's Ok
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 26, 2015
Too much focus on sales, and not enough focus on the customer. Micromanagement is leading to employee frustration. However, the customers and coworkers are great.
Productive and fun
Scheduler/Post Closing Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed the challenges that were brought forth. Lots of energy. Good people to work with. Strengthened skills. Unfortunate staff reduction in 2014.
High Volume of Customer Related Questions about Accounts
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 25, 2015
Fun place to work at, but must be willing to be on the phones for a good portion of your shift. Also must learn how to deal with irate people, and have to be a sales person on top of that.
Pros
Great team members who are very supportive
Cons
Have to be a salesperson along with the customer service side.
Productive and fun place to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 22, 2015
My co-workers made work a place I actually liked going to. Everyone in different areas of expertise and of experience talked to each other and came together for the company events. Although being such a fun place to be, the most difficult part of this job was making sales. I was able to make me weekly goals, but it was incredibly difficult knowing that the branch I worked at brought in few members to offer new products to.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Technical difficulties
Not a good bank
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2015
BMO Harris Bank can't compete in markets outside of its home base in Chicago/Milwaukee or Canada. It odes not have the products, services, pricing, technology or network to meet customer needs.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals, poor products and processes
Great company to work for. The environment is friendly and professional and everyone is committed to attaining a common goal.
UNIVERSAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZOctober 19, 2015
I have gained a lot of valuable experience and skills in my time with BMO Harris Bank. They have very high goals for sales and customer service. Management is good from the very top to each individual branch level.
Pros
Hour lunches everyday, paid vacation, salary and decent compensation for sales.
Cons
Very heavily sales driven, does not pay for overtime.
it was ok
Teller Job Duties (Former Employee) –  wausau, wiOctober 14, 2015
when they are short staffed, i was working full 12 hour days, no lunch breaks and it got to be exhausting. they would also do monthly meetings after work hours, so after being at work until almost 6 pm. they would have a work meeting that would last anywhere between and hour to 2. so you were not getting home until 8 pm after working since 8 am.
Customer Service Excellence
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 7, 2015
This company has excellent benefits and a great crew to work with.
Giving customers extraordinary service is their goal.
My work enviroment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 7, 2015
Its very intense and stressful, but Its very interesting to meet coworkers and clients from all over the world with different backgrounds and nationalities and different stories and education. Its good to educate them financially and learn from them at the same time.
Pros
I can use my bilingual and sales skills
Cons
the salary and lack of growth and opportunities
Enjoyable
Commercial Banking Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2015
Processed commercial real estate transactions, enjoyed the customer contact and responsibilities. Worked with a great group within the commercial banking departments. My job came pretty easy. I enjoyed doing volunteer work for the organization.
Pros
Working with a group that make it enjoyable, wasn't like being at work during the day.
Cons
My position was going to be transferred to Chicago.
What I have learned
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  carol streamSeptember 29, 2015
BMO has groomed me into a great salesman and also a great employee overall. I have had extensive training with customer service that has helped me build great relationships with my customers.