BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Great company to start your career with
Lead Analyst (Sales & Trading) (Former Employee) –  LondonNovember 18, 2017
Great company to start your career with. The enviroment is highly competitive and challenging. You might have to work extra hours but it is worth taking the extra hours
Relaxed environment and well paid
Fund Marketer (Former Employee) –  ParisNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work there involved a good amount of data proofing on Microsoft excel, researching markets and understanding trends. The manager was an excellent teacher and a position was offered to me in the end of the year to relocate to Brasil but at the time I was not interested.
Pros
Good salary and all food included
Cons
Working long hours in front of computer
Nice place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
For the most part, I enjoyed working at BNP Paribas. Unfortunately, the last few years have been difficult due to the move to JC. It has changed over the years.
great bank
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
excellent place to work, great environment, great supervisors, opportunities to grow and learn about the banking industry. great employee activies and events
Cadre de travail agreable
Conseiller clientèle (Former Employee) –  ALGERNovember 5, 2017
BNP PARIBAS est une banque multinational , qui a donner la chances aux nouveaux diplômés de s'intégrer et apprendre.
je la considère comme grande école de formation.
Mais à cotés de ces avantages y a des inconvenants , comme la rémunération qui été très faible en comparent notre diplômes et expérience et la rentabilité.
ainsi que l'évolution est très longue.
Pros
La mituelle Assurance et les oeuvres sociale
Cons
la rémuneration et l'évolution tres longue
Good pay for a Consulting Job
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Worked on the Middle Office Derivatives side. I was informed a month after the job that the department was being moved to Montreal by the end of the year. I enjoyed the experience and the environment, I did not like the short term role.
Bad place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 27, 2017
Product control in Jersey City was horrible. Systems are extremely old and the staff is very under-trained. I would not recommend this job to anyone under any conditions.
ping pong tables
VP Information Security (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 25, 2017
great place. Great benefits, especially vacation, maternity and paternity leave. Paid training. Very international culture and opportunity to advance.
Great staff and great work environment
KYC ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working at BNP. I met great folks and hard working. I do recommend BNP as a great company to work for. I learned a few great techniques and was able to expend my KYC knowledge.
Pros
free breakfast, coffee and milk
Cons
very busy and no time for lunch
hard working but management lacking
Investment Banking Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Firm invests in your training but management vague in future of certain divisions. Got up to speed quick on investment banking tasks such as presentations and modeling.
Productive workplace with great culture
Senior Developer, AVP (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2017
It was my pleasure working in the company with friendly culture and good management. Working in a global team (USA. UK, Canada, India) was great. Very nice people.
Pros
30 business days vacation + sick days. 10 carry over vacation days for my position.
Cons
Relatively slow carriere growth and overtimes sometimes.
Fun Company to work for
AVP - On-Site Controls Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Great company to work for . I would definitely go back. I spent 2 years at BNP , there were some great moments , as well as some not so great but I remember mainly the good times. I traveled a lot for work so I didn't have to stay much at the office. I had great benefits and met some amazing people.

The work life balance could have been better but it wan't for lack of trying . The work that were doing required us to work long hours and sometimes on weekends. Especially when we're in a different country. Overall , I learned a lot and BNP Paribas has a great culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Moved position to Montreal
Team Leader/Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 9, 2017
When I was at BNPP, they were aggressively moving positions to Montreal and provided me 6 months notice prior to my position being terminated.

Great place to work with excellent benefits and PTO policy. Willing ot move people into other positions.
Pros
35 days PTO
Cons
Moved positions to Montreal
Continuously Evolving Work Environment
VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Great work life balance. Learned to work together with Management team that is not on site which made change and communication more challenging. Workplace culture is evolving at a rapid pace to keep up with regulation and cultural norms. BNP strongly embraces diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, work life balance
Cons
Short Breaks, Managed out of France, change is slower to manifest
Bonne experience
Assistante back office (Former Employee) –  la jolietteSeptember 20, 2017
Bonne experience, diversification des taches ..................
Very Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Productive and fast paced environment. Worked on the trading floor. Always busy and always learned something new everyday. Great work culture and diversity
Not Available
Investigation & Analysis - Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
BNP is a great place to work. However there are alot of hours and do not promote internally. It is difficult to move up in the company so it is unlikely that employees stay long here.
Fast pace environment
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Job function can change in a hurry. Decision has to be made on the spot. Financial industry motto is "Time is money" 99.9 % uptime is a must so you need to stay on top of your game.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
Long work hours
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 29, 2017
Has great benefits and lots of vacation time. Most people enjoyed working there and most had long careers at BNP. They also through a great holiday season party at the end of the year!
Good
Analyst, Valuation and Risk Control (On Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Depends on teams but great overall. Good engagement sessions. Can grow and learn new things. Good work life balance. Good mix of European and American culture,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.