BNY Mellon
1,034 reviews

BNY Mellon United States Employee Reviews

group & managerment
Financial Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 22, 2015
the whole group's not play a team, some managers need to take some MGT classes to increase the awareness of proper conduct and effective communication with the whole team, not a select few.
family oriented
Data Capture/ Data Entry (Current Employee), downtown pittsburghApril 22, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: salary
I enjoy my current position at BNY Mellon, the hours and benefits are acceptable. I am currently looking to grow with a company and obtain a greater salary.
it was just a job
Facilities Specialist II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
It was one of my first jobs as a young adult. I don't recall too much about working for the company. i was a security guard not much i can say but that.
Nice
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: Lay off
Chase was a very fun place to work. They treat the employee very well, town hall meeting, appreciations and relationship manager was a good job.
In and out
Support Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: On site cafeteria, room to grow
Cons: short lunches, does not direct hire, very testosterone driven.
I was merely a consultant, but I was working to try to gain permanent employment. I was offered a position at my contract expiry, but I denied it. I didn't want to work at a place that doesn't seem to care at all about its employees.
various interesting projects
Senior Developer (Programmer) (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: downsizing in the US
It's a nice place to work.
The co-workers were friendly and the various projects were interesting.
The nervous part was the 24 - hour/ 7- day on-call duty for a few times a year.
serious workplace
Intern (Current Employee), Everett, MAApril 18, 2015
BNY Mellon is a place I can learn as an intern and I am enjoying my experience there. On a typical day I...
Produce and analyze reports on a daily basis
Processing client instructions
Reconcile transactions for external clients
Interface with clients via email, fax, and phone to confirm instructions and transactions.
Communicate with internal staff
Stressful environment
Data Processor (Former Employee), US locationApril 17, 2015
Pros: You get to leave at 3:00 on dayshift. Unless they call an unexpected hour or 2 overtime.
Cons: Short 30 minute lunch and 1, 15 minute break. Each second is timed.
Too many rules for such low pay. Managers knick pick and are constantly bothering you if they think you're not submissive enough to them. She likes to yell and embarrass you in front of others, just because she has a loud voice.

The people are nice. But the managers make the office very political and people are afraid to even talk during work hours. They whisper or when the manager walks by, they say Sssshh, like you're gonna get it trouble for saying, how was your weekend.

Unexpected overtime, which is at least twice a week. And you won't know until 30 minutes before you get off that you need to work overtime.

They have insurance, but it takes a long time for them to process it. So you may have to wait 2-3 weeks before it's actually active.

Too political and the pay is only 10.00 an hour. Not enough pay to deal with the nonsense.
This a great company up until the merge with the Bank. Upper managment need lots of work. As for HR they need the most work, never help anyone.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros,

Good work-life balance in my department, but not in all areas of the company.

Many good benefits

Cons

"No room for growth, salaries at lower end in the industry and merit increases are close to zero.
Friendly evironment in the office
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2015
BNY Mellon is a good place to work, especially in the Check Operations area. I learned a variety of things from check processing, to check adjustments, customer service, and becoming a supervisor. The management cared about their employees, but also knew the tasks that need accomplished on a daily process. The co-workers wanted to know who you are as a person, and was not afraid to assist with any job or action. The hardest part of the job is supervising others. It was no longer about excelling just yourself, but having the entire team excel. The most enjoyable thing about BNY Mellon was the fact of promoting from within the company versus as hiring from outside for higher up positions.
N/a
Sales Associate, Treasury Services (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2015
• I manage a portfolio size of 500k
• Credit Training May 2015-June 2015
• Barons Consultative Selling
• I support 8 Relationship Officers and 1 Sales Officer with sales initiatives and portfolio maintenance for Fortune 100 companies.
• Partner with our Sales Officer on lead generation, by constructing databases that fit our prospecting criteria of 2 billion dollars or greater.
• Participate in pricing exercises and conduct statement analysis inquires. In addition I am the primary contact for clients, when our Relationship Officers are not available.
• Track and create reports which monitor opportunities and new pipeline deals for our NorAm sales team.
Good environment and really nice team work
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good environment and really nice team work; good work/life balance
Cons: Compensation; lock of professionalism on certain levels of management
good company to start your career, with very good life/work balance-stay no longer then 3 years.There is no room to grow-constant changes/relocations
Large responsibilities with minimal pay
Processor (Current Employee), New YorkApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities to build your resume/career.
Cons: Favoritism amount staff and management
Most job roles require a great amount of responsibility as it they work with significant amounts of money, number of transfers and ensuring compliance. The staff is asked to be held accountable for this work and is rewarded with minimal pay.
very busy and fast-pace environment
Retail (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2015
Very busy and fast-pace environment but very helpful and knowledgeable work area. learned a lot about bank checks system and lot more.
Great Company
Fund Manager - Fund Accounting Administration (Former Employee), New YorkApril 11, 2015
Ws fun working there -- was part of a great team with great people. Senior Management should cut the fat at the senior level and stop laying off people at the lower levels. These are the people whom are the true spokes of the wheel..
Fast paced work environment in the stock market
Pricing & Corporate Actions Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent work experince, flexible lunch hours
Cons: Stressful and Hectic work environmet
Working in the stock market can be extenuating and stressful, but the days fly by and the adrenaline rush is exciting. The amount of info and data that is processed is key to executing the necessary tasks. Dealing with the stock market involves absorbing important information regarding the economy and financial status of institutions and individuals. The rush of multitasking will make anyone a better employee and an excellent detail oriented person. Being able to co-work with other people is necessary to perform your responsibilities, so, knowing and getting along with a co-worker is key. Hours would be long and strenuous but working in such a competitive and evolving industry was worth the reward.
A very pleasant and comfortable place to work.
Check Processing Department- Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrison, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Almost everything. I really loved this job.
Cons: They did not had an union.
This was a job where you did not notice the time, because you were busy all the times. I learned many different tasks which I really enjoyed do to them. My managers were very cool understanding with their workers. my co-workers were very supportive to each others. The only hard part about this job was when I had to leave the bank do to a general release. I really enjoyed working at this place. It was the job that I really wanted to stay for ever.
Productive and fun a lot of work.
Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice and cool warehouse.
Cons: Evil head lead, didn't cared for anybody but her self.
Love learning new things on the process of mortgage documents.The manager in charge was easy to work with and the co-workers. But the Head lead made everybody feel sad. She didn't know how to work with others. She had the position because she had been there for a long time. Its sad to see a evil person in her position. I did love working with all the staff,but one.
Great place for a first job
Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2015
The pay and benefits are okay, and the people are nice but there isn't much room for promotion or advancement and senior management tends to be a little cheap with merit bonuses.
Not a lot of opportunity to progress in career
Senior RFP Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2015
Good work/life balance but not able to move in career path. No formal training. Hours are good and vacation/sick is great. Benefits are typical.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries