BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Very repetitive. Job duties is to reconcile reports every month from the Trust Associate. Management and co-workers are very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive job functions. The exact same report on the exact same day of every month. Not easy to advance within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is I like to make people laugh and bring humor (while being professional) to the office.
Working with BNY Mellon was good experineced for me, learned lot of management skill from my team mate and manager.
Operation Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Working atmosphere was good, everyone follows rules and regulations at work. Learned management skill, how to manage work pressure while working in a hardest part of the job.
Productive and great team work in the Tax Department
Tax Analyst, Tax Department (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: strictly tax and dividend information used daily for the preparation of corporate taxes.
Cons: auditors pressure.
I current work with the estimate taxes, Excise Tax, Tax Provisions, 8937 and 1120 forms as they relate to corporate taxes and dividends.

Co-workers are very helpful if any information that needs to be explained further.

There is nothing really hard about the job other than it is very intense.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that is new every day and the tax information has to be precise for the auditors.
Great company with a great team
Software Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Great company with a great team. Lots of new technologies and many training opportunities
dead end
Mutual Funds Custody - Administrator (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I started out there in mutual funds custody and it was my first job out of school. After a month I was bored but stuck it out for a full year and was able to make connects with my future employer though it. There isn't much to move up to when there.
Diverse work environment with solid business culture.
Vice President - Senior Unit Manager (Former Employee), Everett, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent opportunities to grow professionally. Management listened to input from all levels. Interaction between all departments and levels ensured a thorough understanding of up stream and down stream effects.
Changing Culture
Business Controller -Corporate Trust (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
•Support small as well as the large business line departments, with management reports
•Review all financial entries daily for (S.B.A)
•Responsible for supporting all aspects of financial reporting
•Review all sub ledger and general ledger entries daily
Excellent comany.
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company benefits, working culture/enviroment, excellent compensation and the list goes on.
Cons: merge with mellon bank & relocated to boston/pittsburg
Working at the Bank of New York/Mellon has been one of my best working experiences. I learned so much as an administrative assistant to the trade desk. Learned about money markets, bonds, asset management, trade settlements, return of rate reporting, trades security guidelines & regulations and a host of other Asset Management trade of the job. Great team of management & supervisors.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Settlement Specialist -ADR Operations (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: life balance
Cons: no room for advancement
BNYMellon has a good Job work/Life Balance Co-workers are good, kind people to work with. I feel the hardest part of working at BNYMellon is getting an opportunity to advance.
High employees highly focused on performance
SVP, Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
Being a large financial institution, the bank was under pressure due to low interest rates and new regulatory expenses, but management and the operating teams were highly focused on execution and delivering a high level of service. Business are very much in flux as the bank tries to align itself to a difficult operating environment.
Good Benefits
Appraisal Control Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Large company so the benefits are good, not much room for growth.
NA
Software Systems Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2015
N\A not at this time - Possible layoff this year - being last hired, Position Oncall schedule is being enforced more.
Productive place to grow
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Working with management that are very helpful and caring. There room to grow
great workplace
File Clerk (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: worked as a temp so we didnt get benefits
I worked for this company through a staffing agency,
two years I can say that its a great company to work for

typical day at work included reviewing loans that needed updating
cover sheets.there was plenty of loans to review everyday so it kept you busy throughout the day

also alot of enjoyable people to work with
Custody Client Services
Alternative Investment Services (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 4, 2015
• Serve as primary administrative contact for the hedge funds clients, investment managers and prime brokers.
• Reconcile portfolio transactions, facilitate timely trades settlements, cash movements, and foreign exchanges and perform risk management with the Risk and Control group.
• Assist clients with domestic and global settlements and advise regarding restricted markets procedures and settlements.
• Monitor and perform cash- flow management, analyze account balances and investment positions with the Investment Managers, Prime Brokers and DTC.
Not a fun place
Managing Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Struggling bank with poor leadership. Clique type environment. A typical day entailed working with antiquated systems and a declining workforce and being expected to produce better and better results.
My first experience in the business world
Corporate Trust Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: crazy work hours
I started as a clerk and moved up fast to the administrator over the operations side. Work really varied, sometimes keeping compliance with client directives can take a week to satisfy. I learned how to work with mortgage backed securities, insurers, underwriters, and brokers. My co-workers where extremely intelligent and very hard working. The hardest part was getting things done within a time period which consisted of rearranging daily life to support the timely matters. I got to work at one of the leading Bank's in the world and learn a lot about security's and mortgage back security's.
Dynamic Workplace
Vice President - Investment Support Services (ISS) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2014
There are always new things to learn every day. A lot of great people work for the company.
excellent place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
good work environment,good co-workers,a pleasure to work there.
Productive and great place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 22, 2014
The people are great, learned a lot to help further my career in project management.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more