BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

productive and workable enviroment
Operations Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2014
flexible work schedule, easy to get along with management and co workers.
stressful work environment
Itran Operator/Dmp Scanner/ Data Entry OP (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: vacation days
Cons: being monitored for no apparent reason. spoken to disrespectfully.
I come in the morning around 7:40, we start at 8 am. I would go down and get the cart full of work for the day. Break down and pass out everyone's books. Handling reports, answer emails, put together the transmissions and daily audit reports from the day before because everything is a day behind. I key in data to either be deleted or added issues for – more... the day. My supervisor on the input side really does not understand how to communicate with people. I have learned applications for the bank systems such as Peacock and Mockingbird (used to key in and look up data for missing information). Co-workers are friendly and reliable, hard working. Hardest part of my job would be tolerating being disrespected verbally, as if I had done something wrong when there is a simple solution to it all. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be a day when my supervisor in input is not in the office. – less
Good Entry Level Workplace
Tax Work Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, great people
Cons: management is constantly getting moved around. tough to get a grasp on what you are doing.
Good to get your feet wet in a corporate atmosphere. It will show you the in's and out's of corporate banking. Very nice people and great benefits. Management is constantly changing and it creates an atmosphere of confusion and changing policies. You must be able to adapt quickly to a workplace that is constantly changing.
Nice Job life balance
FX Analyst/Audit Controller (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
The benefits are good and with some years the time off is very good.
I would like to see more growth in my department but thats not to say there is not opportunities elsewhere.
Good work/life balance
Broker Dealer Specialist IV (Current Employee), Westboro, MAAugust 10, 2014
It's a great company for work/life balance. I have been there for a few years and had many wonderful experiences there. I have had great trainings as well. The opportunity for advancement lacks, but that could change given the economy.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/ Access Management (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 8, 2014
Great to work for. Worked a year on a temporary assignment. Training was great. Once we were trained, we were allowed to work on our own unless help was required.
A great opportunity
Tax Reclaim Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
A great place to work and learn more towards advancing your goals in the financial industry
Great work life balane
Fund Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun place to work and flex hours
Financial Reporting Analyst Manager (contractor) (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexible with work time and good pay
Cons: fund accounting pay in not great
work is sporadic and crunch time at the end of the month and quarterly reporting
Good Entry Level Job
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, manager
Cons: work isn't always available, pay/advancement
* Cash projection reports and daily portfolio valuation processes
Prepare previous month’s reports to be mailed on the 5th and 8th business days of each month
Accomplish all steps accordingly on your daily checklists

* manager and other co-workers are easy to get along with, as well as very helpful when help is needed

* hardest part about my job lies – more... within the first 8 business days trying to balance getting everything ready for 5th and 8th day mailing, my daily checklists, and cash projections

* most enjoyable part of my job is during the first 8 days when i am constantly busy, makes for a better day. Also, all my co-workers make my job a little more enjoyable – less
Good company to work.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT/SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for. It's going through challenging times, as with most large companies, but was a great place to work.
Enjoyed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Everett, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice place
Cons: temp
A typical day at BNY Mellon was very busy, answering phones on the regular. keeping track of all packages and organizing all mail that came in the building. I have learned to be more organized on on top of things at one time and being able to balance my work day under pressure.

I worked with some great people that I can see myself working with again. – more... The hardest part of the job was knowing who everybody was in the building and making sure the mail went to the correct places due to the fact it was a very large number of associates and CEO who had admins to get there mail, but for the most part I was able to juggle it. The most enjoyable part was being able to excel my Admin skills and meeting new people – less
Miserable
Module Processor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: do not discriminate against same-gender partners and alternative lifestyles
Cons: just about everything else...
Demeaning, treated less than human, stressful, overburdoned, underpaid, unreasonably high expectations, majority of employees barely make above unsatisfactory rate of processing, yet standards aren't adjusted to accomodate the standard level of work being given by employees.
Productive and pleasant job
GCM Administration Officer/Secretary II (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
The job entailed handling financial matters for large corporations. It was demanding and challenging but entailed various departments meeting the customers needs on a daily basis.
Decent wages but poor environment
Broker/Dealer Services Administrator (Former Employee), orlando FLJuly 23, 2014
Not many if any opportunities to advance within the department
Good place to learn about the global securities industry
Securities Process Project Manager II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse opportunities to learn about the global securities industry
Cons: company is downsizing currently
Employees daily work through lunch to service their clients. Company is large enough to provide many opportunities to shift from one area to another to broaden experience in global securities service industry
Not much room for advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 23, 2014
Pros: access to downtown tunnels, gym in building, knowledgeable co-workers
Cons: no career plans, seems to have somewhat of a high turnover rate
There isn't that much morale at BNY Mellon. The culture is one that has everyone for themselves rather than a team. You really have to research and ask around in order to find information about other departments. People are very knowledgeable at what they do, and everyone is very willing to help and teach you what they know.
Business Analyst - Contractor at ZeroChaos (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 22, 2014
As a Business Analyst dealt with Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flows, Business Process Modeling, Case Tools, and Business Analysis, writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Dictionary, Workflows, Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, – more... SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis, modeling Business Process, and preparing Training manuals and Knowledge Transfer manuals.
Authored business and system requirements analyses and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, Risk Analysis and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis (OOA/D)
Expertise in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Context diagrams, Component diagrams, Microsoft Visio.
Participated in functional testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Integration Testing, and QA Testing.
Used Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Data Warehousing and Data Mapping. – less
Great Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2014
This company has great benefits and a good work life balance
Great colleagues!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 1 Wall St.July 21, 2014
Pros: loyal workers
Cons: better hr representative
My day was productive, since I was considered the "go-to" person. Before I was displaced, I was learning cash disbursements. Management became challenging, since my manager was located out of state. He relied on his assistant to let him know what was happening in the office. To my disadvantage, she never got along with me, since we had similar responsibilities. – more... Actually, from working in the company for close to 16 years, the only difficult thing was trying to be productive when the equipment (copiers) unable to handle the capacity of users assigned to it. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of people throughout the years, and an awesome work location. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more