BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,675 reviews matching the search
Unique and Diverse place to work. Wonderful environment to excel in!
Technology Recruiter/Talent Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2017
1. A Typical day is never typical as change is constant
2. I learned that in Corporate Recruiting building great relationships is THE MOST IMPORTANT Priority
3. I loved most of my Managers
4. Hardest part of the job was getting comfortable with not being comfortable. Changes again are constant so you need to be able to have a high capacity of adaptability
5. I enjoyed working in the city and being in a diverse environment! I loved the challenges of working with so many different clients under one roof. I loved the work life balance and the companies goals to be one of the industry best, globally.
Pros
Flexible work schedule!
Cons
Being a contractor and not having any paid benefits or, job security no matter how hard you worked.
Nice co-workers, terrible culture, & miserable upper management
Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 4, 2017
There is little to no training at BNY and most of what you learn is how to navigate their ancient systems. Lower level managers are mostly cool people but there's no oversight on the supervisors beneath them. Upper management tend to be creeps that won't look at you or say hello when you pass them in the hall. Your co-workers are usually nice people and everyone is desperately looking for a new job. The salary is bottom of the barrel and there is likely no end to that in sight. It's a company that values maximum profit at the lowest cost and shows no concern for the worker bees that help achieve it. If you need to get your foot in the door it's good for that, otherwise I don't recommend coming to BNY.
Boring, no advancement opportunities
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
BNY is a very bland company from my experience. Though the people are all very nice and helpful, this place should really only be used as a stepping stone or somewhere to end your career. Benefits are decent, pay is very low, and there is essentially no recognition for employees doing a good job. They need more incentives to get people to look forward to coming to work everyday, otherwise it'll stay the way it is with the entire staff complaining day in and day out.
Pros
Hours are good, nice coworkers, established company, 401K
Cons
No OT, pay is low, they don't train employees correctly, few promotions and advancement
Good work/life balance, sub-par culture
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
BNY Mellon's Wealth Management business does have a great work/life balance and good benefits. Negatives are that the culture is conservative with little room for advancement for younger professionals, as there is much red-tape and bureaucracy. If you do value having a good work/life balance over career advancement and competitive compensation, Wealth Management from that standpoint may be a good fit.
Boring, reactive company that does not reward its people
Supervisor, Fund Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 7, 2017
My day is like every other day. See the movie " Ground Hogday" for a better reference. No bonus, raises and incentives for personal development. Workplace culture is very clique-like with only the brown-nosers getting advance despite their knowledge or lack of knowledge. Management only cares about the bottom line, not taking care of its people. My most enjoyable part of the job and saving grace is the people I work with.
Great company to work for. Great benefits package and 401K package
DERIVATIVES LIAISON I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2017
I absolutely loved working at BNY Mellon for over twelve years! The work environment was a busy, challenging, deadline driven work environment that I couldn't get enough of. I learned so much during my time at BNY Mellon, too much to put into words. This company is an amazing company to work for. Filled with lots of opportunities for growth and to learn new things.
Pros
benefits package, diversity classes, CPR classes, Yoga classes, mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement.. and many more!
Cons
NONE
Management is not unto mark
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2017
The management is bad and attitude is bad. No one is interested in approaching problems right way.

When management suggests a direction, it is only to fill score cards not really genuine about any change. Unfortunately, you can't take them seriously on what they suggest you to do. The company culture is more directed towards satisfying the upper managements and the units under you simply ignore deliverables.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of interest in changing
Very racial diverse we have a laid back comfy environment upper management always greets you with a smile always trying to find ways to connect others
Check Processor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2016
Overall one of if not the best job I have ever worked for the pay rate just doesn't meet my family responsibilities. The hours are great the benefits are good as far as life insurance and vacation days and 401K but the medical and dental deductible is outrageous it doesn't meet the single family requirement. You have to work another job just to pay off deductible and copayment for medical and dental visits.
Pros
The best management team I have ever seen very flexible and fair
Cons
Doesn't allow employees to bring Doctors excuses company wide
Ups and Downs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 8, 2016
The job itself is fine. It can have days where it's challenging but mostly repetitive. Most difficult aspect is working with other internal teams, especially those outsourced to India who do not understand questions being asked or speak English very well.

Advancing your career can be very difficult. Most do not receive promotions for hard work. Instead, you have to move departments or try and get an offer outside the company and hope to be offered a promotion to stay.

Raises are terrible and I've been on what they call the 'exceeds expections' category most years (highest review for merit increases). Expect no more than 1-2.5% raise/year.

The company is so focused on cutting expenses they have outsourced so many jobs and make cuts a few times/year. They also do not replace positions when someone leaves, unless it's an absolute necessity, so many teams are left very short staffed and therefore overworked.
Pros
Vacation, work from home option, flexibility for time off for appointments/sick time
Cons
Career advancement, compensation is not competitive, health care costs
Productive Workplace
Client Delivery Service - Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
Good place to start career. Very diverse and culture driven. Compensation is at industry standard. Solid benefits, training, work life balance, and organizational support.
Pros
Strong culture, diverse, training and large corporation
Cons
Compensation
BNY Mellon is a good place to start a career in Finance
Securities Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
BNY Mellon is a good place to start a career in Finance, however there are a lot of unfair labor practices in terms of diversity, and compensation.

The benefits in reference to healthcare are satisfactory compared to other organizations.
Pros
Healthcare insurance, benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement, racism
Resilient, innovative and productive
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
Fast-paced enhancing my agility and bringing to the surface skills I was unaware I possessed. I did not enter the organization playing the Acoustic Guitar, Keyboard and Producing Music. My gifts and latent talents were brought out and developed during my employment.

I've done Administrative Assistant work for over 20 years in various industries and I believe it's time to use my natural gifts and talents and work in an industry where I can be of service to Humanity.
Pros
Excellent Salary/Benefits
Cons
Technological Glitches
Great place to work for
Corporate trust Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2017
this is a great place to work for. the benefits could be a little bit better and NY's management needs to be changed up a little, but overall a great company.
Pros
Management, very laid back, job work/life balance
benefits
BNY Mellon: Think Twice
Team Manager - Closed End Funds (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I had the advantage of having worked at The Bank of New York prior to the Mellon merger. Regrettably, the merger had a negative impact on career growth, compensation and job security. In the time I was employed at BNYM, I saw over one hundred jobs lost due to their outsourcing initiative.
turnover expected. staff not supported by management
Assistant Vice-President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2016
The Asset Management Operations team of executives does not value or attempt to retain existing workers. Payroll kept low by hiring new workers directly from college. Once they are trained and working well, they face limited chances of advancement or salary increases. Morale remains low, as workers realize their productivity will not be matched by recognition or compensation. The teams do support each other, for they wish to retain their job until they can move on. Established professionals hired from outside are given take it or leave it offers.
Pros
downtown Boston location
Cons
rampant turnover, limited recognition/promations
solid job
Pershing Advisor Solutions (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2017
Pay is average. Teams are fun. Bonuses are a joke. It's all about numbers here. Hard work is not always noticed and often slips through the cracks. Been here 3 years and have never been given a raise or bonus despite crushing the output of other team members.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
pay
Good environment and diverse culture
Senior Associate/Section Manager (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMarch 8, 2017
BNY Mellon promotes a very diverse culture and is highly involved in community partnership programs. However, salaries tend to be not competitive with other companies in this area.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
salary
No room for advancement/Poor Management ( Oriskany NY )
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working at this place for 10 years and have to say it has changed in so many negative ways.

1.) Management has poor communication with the people under them or at the same level.

2.) The raises decreased immensely and health benefit cost are now higher.

3.) They continue on letting go of hard workers while keeping poor workers to remain in the company.

4.) New trainees come on the floor and are here no more than 6 -12 months because the pay and management is so bad and upper management doesn't recognize that so many workers on floor are unhappy and stressed due to lack of help and lack of management communication.

This job is ok for High School graduates or college graduates to get their foot in the door in the career world, but definitely not a good long term career place.
It is a decent company but not a lot of growth in USA
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 13, 2017
Decent benefits but not a lot of direction from upper management. They are also outsourcing several jobs to India and overseas. There really seems to be no overall direction.
Pros
It had decent benefits
Cons
Multiple jobs being moved overseas
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMarch 16, 2017
I learned a lot from this company. The management made you feel significant when you were working hard. There was a balance between school and job. Offered benefits including tuition reimbursements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

78%