BNY Mellon
1,065 reviews

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Good team mates
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2015
Great team mates and work life balance but horrible benefits and pay. I love my job, great relationship with my manager but company is very cheap.
Great company culture over all, local location struggeling to incorporate culture successfully
Senior Performance Analyst (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 20, 2015
Over all BNY Mellon is a great company to work for - there are a lot of opportunities for growth with in the corporation itself - local location is having some growing pains while learning to incorporate all the opportunities available within the large multi company umbrella that is BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is a rewarding place to work at and has provided me with numerous growth opportunities.
HR Admin IV-Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee), Long Island, NYMay 20, 2015
On any working day, I adapt to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment. I interact professionally with employees of all levels within the company.
Productive work environment
Check Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMay 19, 2015
Unloading mail deliveries, scanning checks and filing paperwork.
There was always someone in a management position willing to lend a hand if I had any troubles or questions.
I made quick friendships with my co-workers and I still have lunch with one of them on occasion.
The hardest part of my job at BNY Mellon was the schedule. 3pm-11pm. The best part of the day was gone, I could not partake in family events, and my family is very important to me.
The most enjoyable aspect of this job was...leaving.
Lots of Room To Advance
Shareholder Services Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good management, transparency and opportunities
A large company with a great network and a lot of room for growth. Management is supportive and open about feedback as well as career-pathing, understanding that everyone has different goals and directions. With drive and initiative, an employee can find themselves on the career path they are looking for.
Nice Place to work
Other Relevant Experience (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: location, benefits
Cons: hours, politics
Nice place to work but hours were long. Technology could use some updating. Good Benefits. Work/Life balance could be improved.
Opex 50 operator (Former Employee), richardson txMay 14, 2015
Pros: lunches, great overtime!
Cons: long nights
Productive is key to having an active job. A typical day at work I learn new things every day they usually had me doing multiple positions becasue of how quick of a learner I was. My co-workers were great and just as hard working as me. The hardest part was there was no hard part only thing was that the machine would stop working which would damage the work.
Fast paced work environment
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 12, 2015
Multi- task work environment. Learned many computer programs. Management unconsistent. Co-workers were great to stab you in the back. Defending yourself when you were right and just. Going home every day.
Great place to learn
AML (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2015
Pros:
-Management was great and treated employees as professionals
-There was a high tempo work flow with deadlines but management worked to keep it as low stress as possible
-Flexible work arrangement

Cons:
-Poor benefits
-raises were poor, even when receiving the highest rating on your review
-no real opportunity for advancement
solid job with security and benefits
Account maintenance, administration support (Former Employee), new york nyMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Approximately 105 minutes commuting each way
Good interaction with co-workers and employees through-out the Company, learning and advancement opportunities.
BNY Mellon encouraged employees to further their education and improve their earning potential.
Too large to even be aware of employees
Insurance Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2015
Pros: very affordable benefits
Cons: low pay
Every employee was just a cog turning their own wheel. Not a great place for career advancement, only good for recent college grad looking for that first bit of experience for the resume.
productive and good learning experience.
Test Manager (UAT & SIT) (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
productive and good learning experience.productive and good learning experience.productive and good learning experience.productive and good learning experience.
Looking for a career that will support my experience and encourage professional growth
Alternative Investment Services, Supervisor (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 7, 2015
I'm looking to transition into a career that will allow me to use my experience, professionalism and operational background to support an organization destined for success!
where careers go to die
VP (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: very cheap, poor bonus, conservative culture, poor leadership
The best thing about this place is the hours because there's very few A-type personalities here (so if you are one of these, you will hate it, trust me) so people are more concerned about face time than anything- reflective of the antiquated culture that dominates. The pay is among the worst in banking, and there is little job security as they make regular cuts like a bulge bracket. The bonus is also one of the worst unless you are senior management (EVP and up - although there is no job security here, either). The culture is super conservative and you will work with/for mostly white men in their 40s and up if you are in any type of front office role. There is also a very ingrained hierarchy here, so I've seen really talented people overlooked just because of age or lack of experience- and then they leave and become superstars at real banks with real managers. I don't know very many people at mid-level careers who succeed here, but I know all too many who have left and become extremely successful elsewhere, which just goes to show what you're dealing with at BNY, and lack of leadership overall. that said, I would definitely retire here; workload is so light for a senior manager, you can easily coast into retirement just by being likable.
Learn what you can from the various departments, people are friendly.
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FlMay 4, 2015
Company was good eight years ago. Slowly slipping due to separation of job functions and outsourcing. People are friendly and become family.
Productive workplace
Shareholder Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westborough, MAMay 1, 2015
work with mutual funds
I am a shareholder service specialist
The hardest part of the job is working 2nd shift
co-workers are nice and friendly
very comfortable Environment to work at.
Nice place to work
Client Service Manager - SBLF/TARP (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. Coworkers are very friendly and very pleasant to work with.

Great opportunities for all levels and stages of a careers.
Great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 30, 2015
Reported to the president of the ADR department. Great person and very strong leader. Learned a great deal in regard to ADRs for the brief time I was there.
A company that is trying to play catch up while reducing costs
Treasury Ops Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: Job recognition is almost nonexistent
The company is still trying to play catch up from the merger. Instead of redesigning/developing new systems they mash legacy ones together which creates issues and more work for the staff. I often though upper management did not know what direction they wanted to take the company in. Every other week it seemed like there was a hierarchy change. The pay is ok but bonuses are nonexistent. Vacation time is good and the jobs are flexible if you need to come in a little late or leave a little early. It is a big company and you do have the chance to learn a lot but you have to take the initiative to do so.
Job security
Loan Review Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2015
Major company it is but room for growth or salary increases it isn't. This company is job security all the overtime you could ask for...

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries