BNY Mellon

Account Area Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
Job work
life balance
compensation
benefits
job security
Job advancement
Skills
learned
healthcare
A Great Company To Work For
UIT Transitions Management Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2015
I have spent most of my career working for Bank of New York Mellon. I have grown over the years and developed my skills at Bank of New York Mellon and have been exposed to many opportunities.
Productive workplace with a good work/life balance
Vice President, Relationship Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
Productive workplace with nice multicultural environment. Compensation and the level of bureaucracy could improve, but the work/life balance is good.
Typical office environment
Audit Control Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Long lunches and flexible management.
Cons: No career enhancement.
Although I did not dislike my job for any one particular reason, I did not love it for any particular reason either. The department did not have the kind of environment which promoted the best employees and it was quite evident that if you wanted to settle into the same monotonous position, it would be quite easy here since the work itself was interesting at times. Overall, I would say that the position fits some people and even though I was good at my job, I did not want to settle into any level of comfort concerning my career.
Absolutely Horrible
Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Pros: 401k match
Cons: horrible pay, no raises, Horrible management
Only work here for a short time if you are desperate. Stay no longer thank two years. There is very little room for advancement it is really a dead end job.
It was a great place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
Cons: No bonuses
The culture is really nice and diversified and I made really great lasting friendships while I worked at the Bank. The only down fall is that the executive assistant were not eligible for bonus.
Interesting.
Mortgage Loan Reviewer (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJuly 15, 2015
Interesting place to work for.
Friendly Co workers as well as managers who were always welling to answer questions.
Casual Fridays always a plus.
Customer Service
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2015
Advise and develop customer relationships. A lot of conflict resolution and relationship development responsibilities. Management unorganized and high turnover rate.
Productive workplace with enough staff to manage my job with excellence
BTS Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: four weeks vacation, management cares about my family, independence, no micromanagment
Cons: shortage of staff, unrealistic goals without enough staffing
A typical day at work for me is to help maintain service levels keep phone reps on the phone take ecalations and complaints from brokers or customer's. Make adjsutements to skill sets all day to keep the overflow of call out of queue. The hardest part of my job is keeping my team motivated and showing them the importance of maintaining and achieving our service levels. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I was able to help someone and I provided excellent customer service.
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), PIttsburgh, PArJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent working environment
Cons: Slow growth internally
Solid department structure. Micro managed from the beginning and cross trained on all job functions in the surrounding area. Management is always willing to help with the workload.
Productive workplace (international experience)
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2015
Pros: A lot of products and services if you to be exposed in international markets, great benefits and vacation.
Cons: Compliance drive environment, old fashioned management
BNY was a great opportunity for people who want to with international securities and markets. Great people. However, the governance was old fashioned and there is limitation on the personal growth. Other than that, great place to work.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Making the banking experience less stressfull
•Received checks and cash for deposit, verified amounts, and checked accuracy of deposit slips
•Inputted customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer generated receipts
•Balanced currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculated daily transactions
•Examined checks for endorsements and verified other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents
•Ordered a supply of cash to meet daily needs
•Received and counted daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers’ checks
•Prepared and verified cashier checks; sorted and filed deposit slips and checks
Boring
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2015
The job is repetitive. You have to sit at a computer for eight hours and key in numbers. The manager was very stern and did not allow any talking. The only thing good about the job was its benefits.
Great Employees
Trainer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 9, 2015
The employees were friendly and eager to learn.
I learned most job functions in both Wholesale and Retail.
The people I worked with were sincere and always tried to create a fun and upbeat environment.
Trading Intern
Trading Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I interned for one summer on the trading floor and thought it was a great learning experience. However, they are one of the lower paying companies in the industry.
Not a good company to work for
Document Custody (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: The job is a good job
Cons: The people are not professional
It's always mandatory overtime. The managers and supervisors are not polite. This is overall not a professional environment.
Not worth it
Securities Settlement Processor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 7, 2015
I worked here as a temp, in the year I was employed with this company, the turnover rate was above 37% in my department (17 people that I know of in a company wide department of 46, cut to 43 before I left) and you can make of that what you will. Though I will also say, that for a department of 10 employees and temps, there were 7 managers...so good luck with those TPS reports.

It definitely feels like they don't seem to have any concern for holding onto talent, and none of the employees seem to want to stick around. About once a month the computer system breaks in some fashion. And although you're only working 37.5 hours most weeks, it feels like there's a very poor work/life balance. Finally, their pay and benefits are below industry competitors.

It's certainly not the worst job I've had, but I would recommend that if you're looking for a career, keep looking.
Productive and a fun workplace
Accounting Admin / Senior Admin Documentation (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Start time was suitable for me.
Cons: Commuting time was extremely long
• Was responsible for providing monthly status information on outstanding confirmations and signature verification documents, which result in 90% of outstanding confirmations and signature verification documents being returned
• Investigated and reviewed general ledger for over eight hundred and thirty accounts to ensure balances are correct, which resulted in a smooth transition for the next business day
• Assisted managers on various projects, i.e. writing procedures for verification group, Dodd Frank Regulatory reporting
• Drafted confirmations for various counterparties, insured all confirmations drafted are signed and sent out to clients by the end of the day
• I demonstrated accurate data input, because I kept detailed records on all payments coming in and out of the bank, which resulted in 0% of missing payments daily
• Developed a good business relationship with bank clients in order to retrieve updated contact information and for return of all outstanding documents, which resulted in the bank saving extra time
Leadership starts with Partnership
Director, Internal Communications (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
Since BNY Mellon is such a global and complex organization, I have learned that leadership starts with partnership. You have to be a strong partner to your internal clients and develop relationships so you inspire the trust and confidence needed to be a communications leader. Great writing and editing skills help too!
BNY daily life
Senior Accounting Associate, Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 6, 2015
Typical red tape and inefficiencies of a large lumbering bank. Potential to streamline and create useful tools for employees and clients if management could learn to connect front line users with top down tech development leaders.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries