BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

Great manager
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Excellent manager, was an expert in his field and highly regarded. His leadership style was unique and he motivated his employees. Was am excellent place to work at.
Production based environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2015
There is always a daily goal to be met. Quality and production based environment. The hardest part of the job was coming in through a temporary agency and working a year contact plus just for the company to deny a permanent position. They should not allow employees to work that long if they do not plan on keeping us.
Great Working Environment
Check Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: workload slow at times
A Really Good Working Environment From Top To Bottom. From The Managers, To The Supervisors, To The Employees/Co-Workers.
Productive and good work/life balance
Application Architect/Vice President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: lack of opportunity for career advancement.
My day starts as early as 6:00 AM EST to interact with offshore team located at Pune and Chennai India about ongoing projects and deep technical discussions. Go to onsite office after morning routines about 9:00 AM EST. During on-site hours, I discuss with project/qa/product team managers all development tasks.

I had great opportunity in BNY mellon to learn about Asset servicing/Treasury business model. Also, I have learned new technologies.

Co-workers are very nice and helping.

Hardest part of job is managing system environment health.

Overall, I enjoyed my current assignment but need to move up in my career.
currently looking for a job with eventual advancement into the company
Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), EverettFebruary 24, 2015
Currently working in the daily operations group. been here for two years and looking to move on and see what else is out there. the hardest part of my job is i work with an inconsistent team that dont give there 110 percent always calling out, huge turn over with about 15 people leaving the company last year. the only thing i have enjoyed about working here is the schedule it has been good so far and the commute is not bad at all. but i need to eventually move on and do something more challenging job wise.
Good benefits and work-life balance
internal communications (Current Employee), new yorkFebruary 23, 2015
Large organization, great networking and work-life balance. I love the ability to work with people at all levels of the company and engage with colleagues across the globe.

Company needs to improve on merit increases, bonuses and limited career growth.
bnym
Corporate Trust Analytics Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch break and 8 hour days
Cons: poor pay and bonus, hard to advance, revolving door of co workers
Good work life balance. There are a lot of internal transfers within the company. The company also hires a lot of temps for projects with no intentions of ever hiring them even though they say the position is temp to perm. Bonus's are laughable.
PNC Mortgage
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2015
PNC Bank is a very professional company to work for. The culture of the bank supports diversity. The bank has many platforms to share your ideas and opinions.
try to work somewhere else
employee (Current Employee), NYFebruary 19, 2015
stay away from this firm. It is a very unprofessional environment. nothing positive could be said. find a different firm.
Diverse and inclusive culture.
Business/Product Analyst, VP (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
A very progressive global company. Employees have many growth opportunities. The company is diverse and inclusive of individuals from varying culture.
Old BNY
Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee), Westchester NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the experiance of the managers willing to help you learn
BNY was a great bank to work for. I miss it every day. Old BNY was a bank that would help you grow and learn banking the way it should be learned.
Culture is focused on providing solutions to their clients.
Managing Director (Former Employee), Everett, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: client focused, results oriented, is focused on operating its businesses with positive operating leverage.
BNY Mellon is focused on its clients by providing solutions through it's many financial services products. Culture strives for excellence, is results oriented and does a good job in communicating at all levels of the organization.
Company under tremendous pressure to improve earnings - lots of changes in progress.
Managing Director (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: most co-workers are hardworking team players
Cons: long work days, weekends and holidays often sacrificed
Because of global nature of company, one spends a great deal of time on phone with co-workers. Company is in flux due to pressure from activist investor and there is a great deal of focus on expense management. Management is trying to foster a culture of innovation but that will take time. Most co-workers are hard working and want to do the right thing. Overall a decent place to work
Fun work Place.
Sr. Corporate Trust Administration (Former Employee), Houston Texas.February 18, 2015
Pros: good motivating activities.
Cons: pay rate.
Great introduction into the banking and collateral debt obligations market workplace. Exciting coworkers but management needs training in some department. Hardest part of the job is having a supervisor that is lazy and inattentive but extremely demanding.
Excellent Company
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
This company helps their employees and work with them to understand their functions.
Excellent HR that interact with their employees and help them with their issues.

Very good benefits package and retirement plan.
Slow days
Senior Mgmt. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: we can buy a week of vacation time.
Cons: medical is too expensive .
There are a days when I'm busy and days when I'm not busy. My day mostly consists of calendar management and travel arrangements.
Work Experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2015
I like the flexibility of my current position, but I feel that management doesn't compensate its employee's based on their performance.
Fun people
Product Technology Admin II (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Management and co-workers are all great people. The company is currently cutting back on everything else so benefits and pay are not very good
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: managment
Cons: pay
Just another job, no real complaints. This was more of a temp to perm type of situation. If you work hard you will be noticed by management, whether you move up or not is up to them.
Fast paced high volume
Reconciliation Site Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 11, 2015
This was a fast paced work environment with multiple high priority tasks to perform on a daily basis. There was always something new to learn about.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries