BNY Mellon
1,025 reviews

BNY Mellon United States Employee Reviews

This a great company up until the merge with the Bank. Upper managment need lots of work. As for HR they need the most work, never help anyone.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros,

Good work-life balance in my department, but not in all areas of the company.

Many good benefits

Cons

"No room for growth, salaries at lower end in the industry and merit increases are close to zero.
Friendly evironment in the office
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2015
BNY Mellon is a good place to work, especially in the Check Operations area. I learned a variety of things from check processing, to check adjustments, customer service, and becoming a supervisor. The management cared about their employees, but also knew the tasks that need accomplished on a daily process. The co-workers wanted to know who you are as a person, and was not afraid to assist with any job or action. The hardest part of the job is supervising others. It was no longer about excelling just yourself, but having the entire team excel. The most enjoyable thing about BNY Mellon was the fact of promoting from within the company versus as hiring from outside for higher up positions.
N/a
Sales Associate, Treasury Services (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2015
• I manage a portfolio size of 500k
• Credit Training May 2015-June 2015
• Barons Consultative Selling
• I support 8 Relationship Officers and 1 Sales Officer with sales initiatives and portfolio maintenance for Fortune 100 companies.
• Partner with our Sales Officer on lead generation, by constructing databases that fit our prospecting criteria of 2 billion dollars or greater.
• Participate in pricing exercises and conduct statement analysis inquires. In addition I am the primary contact for clients, when our Relationship Officers are not available.
• Track and create reports which monitor opportunities and new pipeline deals for our NorAm sales team.
Good environment and really nice team work
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good environment and really nice team work; good work/life balance
Cons: Compensation; lock of professionalism on certain levels of management
good company to start your career, with very good life/work balance-stay no longer then 3 years.There is no room to grow-constant changes/relocations
Large responsibilities with minimal pay
Processor (Current Employee), New YorkApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities to build your resume/career.
Cons: Favoritism amount staff and management
Most job roles require a great amount of responsibility as it they work with significant amounts of money, number of transfers and ensuring compliance. The staff is asked to be held accountable for this work and is rewarded with minimal pay.
very busy and fast-pace environment
Retail (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2015
Very busy and fast-pace environment but very helpful and knowledgeable work area. learned a lot about bank checks system and lot more.
Great Company
Fund Manager - Fund Accounting Administration (Former Employee), New YorkApril 11, 2015
Ws fun working there -- was part of a great team with great people. Senior Management should cut the fat at the senior level and stop laying off people at the lower levels. These are the people whom are the true spokes of the wheel..
Fast paced work environment in the stock market
Pricing & Corporate Actions Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent work experince, flexible lunch hours
Cons: Stressful and Hectic work environmet
Working in the stock market can be extenuating and stressful, but the days fly by and the adrenaline rush is exciting. The amount of info and data that is processed is key to executing the necessary tasks. Dealing with the stock market involves absorbing important information regarding the economy and financial status of institutions and individuals. The rush of multitasking will make anyone a better employee and an excellent detail oriented person. Being able to co-work with other people is necessary to perform your responsibilities, so, knowing and getting along with a co-worker is key. Hours would be long and strenuous but working in such a competitive and evolving industry was worth the reward.
A very pleasant and comfortable place to work.
Check Processing Department- Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrison, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Almost everything. I really loved this job.
Cons: They did not had an union.
This was a job where you did not notice the time, because you were busy all the times. I learned many different tasks which I really enjoyed do to them. My managers were very cool understanding with their workers. my co-workers were very supportive to each others. The only hard part about this job was when I had to leave the bank do to a general release. I really enjoyed working at this place. It was the job that I really wanted to stay for ever.
Productive and fun a lot of work.
Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice and cool warehouse.
Cons: Evil head lead, didn't cared for anybody but her self.
Love learning new things on the process of mortgage documents.The manager in charge was easy to work with and the co-workers. But the Head lead made everybody feel sad. She didn't know how to work with others. She had the position because she had been there for a long time. Its sad to see a evil person in her position. I did love working with all the staff,but one.
Great place for a first job
Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2015
The pay and benefits are okay, and the people are nice but there isn't much room for promotion or advancement and senior management tends to be a little cheap with merit bonuses.
Not a lot of opportunity to progress in career
Senior RFP Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2015
Good work/life balance but not able to move in career path. No formal training. Hours are good and vacation/sick is great. Benefits are typical.
Typical opinion depends on the area you work in
Relationship Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: a lot of good people
Cons: Pay and career advancement
I've spent my entire career with BNYM, so I only have one perspective. There are advancement opportunities, but to a certain point, and then advancement opportunities flatten out substantially. But given my ambitions, I'd like more options to advance. I, personally, don't see them with BNYM.
Fund Accountant
Fund Accountant (Current Employee), FloridaApril 2, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: low compensation
Compensation lowest in industry. Not harvesting large market share.
Too many middle managers. Company does get high client satisfaction.
Great place to work and excellant management.
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great place to work and grow.
Cons: Being laid off from this company.
Collected personal loans 30 to 60 days past due.

Learned from management who work accounts, just like we did.

Open door policy, could walk in VP office anytime.

Hardest part of this job was getting laid off after Chase took over.

Getting all the overtime you wanted and hitting monthly incentives.
Solid college internship position
Managed Investments Intern (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 1, 2015
Job was operations based. Day to day activities rarely changed. Enjoyed being around and learning from most managers and co-workers.
Not a bad company to work for.
Accountant II (Former Employee), Westborough, MAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Training sucks
Not a bad company to work for. Its a lot of to work BNY if you looking to while away your precious life. Its very diversify. The training sucks though. They have a good company structure and its all depends if you have a good supervisor and a Manager.
productive and challenging
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), brooklyn nyMarch 31, 2015
Pros: overtime, healthcare vacation
Cons: some times working holidays
Everyday was a very busy day at bank. Some days would be non-stop and at other times it would go at a nice pace. I learned so many things in the banking field from being there twenty eight years.
You had managers that were nice and worked with you and then there were managers that did not want to hear what you had to say.
You meet people that would become friends both in the work place and outside. Some co-workers, were just that co-workers, you could not get a hello or a good morning from them. The hardest part of the job is making sure the work was done in a timely matter as well as being correct. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you are working as hard as you can and the best you can and getting the recognition you deserve.
WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
BNYM
QC system tester/mainframe developer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2015
Interesting company. I performed a variety of roles: QC system tester, Process Quality Assurance Analyst, mainframe developer, department security administrator and Business Analyst. The people I worked with in the IT department are wonderful, smart and very willing to help others.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries