BNY Mellon

1.2K reviews

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
CSM (Current Employee), HoustonAugust 26, 2015
great work life balance. However company is disorganized and you will work a lot of hours due to lack of training and organizational structure.
Don't come unless you got a management position
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: The management show no care nor respect on employees, treat contractors even worse
Never work in such a "bank" before. More like a prison rather than a bank.

Most people are doing tedious and extremely simple things day after day. Not technical at all.

The management even have separate restrooms which are locked from lower level workers. Hundreds of workers have to use 1 restroom. When some brave guys protest against that, the management explained that the locked restroom is for "client use". Shame on them.

Anyway, if you just have no other options at all, come here and pursue nothing but your below average pay and run away when you get another offer.
very good job and work environment
Global Custody Account Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Everett, MAAugust 24, 2015
The hardest part of this job is sometimes the subcustodian bank send limited information, and you should make a decision with limited information or ask for more details.
Great Job!
Processing Associate (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 22, 2015
Great company with room for growth. Fun environment and great people to work with. Fast paced work but very rewarding. Big company with small politics.
Nice place to work.
Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
Nice place to work. Very goal & team oriented. Management had an open door policy, which allowed them to make sure everyone had ample support to remain comfortably on task.
Enjoyed working in BNY Mellon
Websphere/WebLogic Administrator (Current Employee), pittsburgh PAAugust 22, 2015
I really love the work environment in BYN Mellon.The management is awesome and I personally gained ample amount of knowledge form my manager and co-employees which are really useful for me to grow up in my cereer.I learned everything that I can in this positon and now its time for me to make a move
Company stuck in the 1970s management style
Project/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: compensation, management, training
Chaotic culture with management that has proven it can't be trusted. There is a ton of red tape and politics with layer upon layer of management that each has it's own fiefdom. My current team has been a pleasure to work with, but my management team would continue to give me their work and not compensate me for the rest of time. It's a firefighting culture which doesn't foster a true change management culture. You can tell which employees are the Managing Directors (yes..we have hundreds) favorites and they are the only ones who get promoted or receive bonuses. There is a reason JP Morgan Chase is beating this company.
Great work environment
File Clerk (Contractor) (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Great management, Team, Friendly co-workers. I had a great experience and learned a lot for the shirt term i was there under contract.
ok
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2015
BNY MEllon is a hierarchical and bureaucratic organization. Not very demanding, but managers don't encourage change. Systems are outdated, though there has been a recent effort to update.
Fun, yet challenging place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2015
Pros: The benefits were great.
Cons: The pay wasn't that good, but the benefits make up for it. Also it was only 37.5 hours a week without much chance of overtime.
As client Service Representative, my responsibility was to make sure the clients' transactions went through without any incidence and resolve any issues or questions that came up. I learned a lot about some of the financial aspects of running a business which was mostly investing. Management made sure there were a lot of training classes you could go to as well as required classes. They also worked with you if you had an appointment that you couldn't schedule outside work hours. My co-workers were eager to help each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job was the strict deadlines, but if you had things organized, and had a routine, it wasn't much of an issue unless the client called with a request at the last minute. What I liked most about the job was the chaos that comes along with time constraints as it made it challenging enough to make it fun.
Trust me, you don't want to work here.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: horrible managers, non competitive, very low pay
If you are not an officer, you get treated like trash. I had a manager who was a nightmare. I hope that he gets it all back one day.
An average Company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 10, 2015
It's far from the worst job I've had. The work isn't overly interesting and the organization is a little unorganized. You need to be a self learner, because there is little to no training,
Productive but changing
Sr. Analyst- Team Lead (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Not a Micromanging Company
Cons: Downsizing
My typical day to do work is always busy but different
Not a hard place to work;Mgmt has changed trememdously
Great Co-workers
Good place to start your career.
Senior Trust Associate (Current Employee), Houston TexasAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Ocaasional free breakfast or lunch
Cons: Can't work at home unless a manager (CSM, TL)
Good place to start your career. However management changes and structural changes happen every 2-3 years. Pay is low and raises are small.
The Amish of Wall Street
Managing Director (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
It is just a sad place. Its business model is dying, and it is laying off masses of people. Many jobs are relocating to Pittsburgh.
Financial Controller IV (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2015
Pleasant work environment, nice people, and great benefits. BNY Mellon is a little behind the times when it comes to technology and having flexible work schedule.
Productive work place.
Control Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Healthcare and Raises
I have been at BNY Mellon for 10 yrs. The company is Ok overall.
I love working with my current manager. Everyone is friendly for the most part and the sometimes option to work for home is a plus.
Great for consultants
Compliance (Current Employee), ny, nyAugust 4, 2015
Great for Consultants not great for actual employees.. there is a high turnover rate due to unsatisfactory compensation and lack of advancement..
Vault specialist
Vault Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2015
Great company to work for but there is so much favortism on the job that manager need to work on. Wonderful company with some really great managers
Fast working and silent job.
Module Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 4, 2015
Clock-in and get to work till a 15min break and wait till our 30min lunch break. I learned a lot about banking and checking. The management was unorganized. Co-workers were very helpful and the hardest part would have to do the mandatory overtime.
Headquarters