BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

Good Entry Level Job
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, manager
Cons: work isn't always available, pay/advancement
* Cash projection reports and daily portfolio valuation processes
Prepare previous month’s reports to be mailed on the 5th and 8th business days of each month
Accomplish all steps accordingly on your daily checklists

* manager and other co-workers are easy to get along with, as well as very helpful when help is needed

* hardest part about my job lies – more... within the first 8 business days trying to balance getting everything ready for 5th and 8th day mailing, my daily checklists, and cash projections

* most enjoyable part of my job is during the first 8 days when i am constantly busy, makes for a better day. Also, all my co-workers make my job a little more enjoyable – less
Good company to work.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT/SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for. It's going through challenging times, as with most large companies, but was a great place to work.
Enjoyed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Everett, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice place
Cons: temp
A typical day at BNY Mellon was very busy, answering phones on the regular. keeping track of all packages and organizing all mail that came in the building. I have learned to be more organized on on top of things at one time and being able to balance my work day under pressure.

I worked with some great people that I can see myself working with again. – more... The hardest part of the job was knowing who everybody was in the building and making sure the mail went to the correct places due to the fact it was a very large number of associates and CEO who had admins to get there mail, but for the most part I was able to juggle it. The most enjoyable part was being able to excel my Admin skills and meeting new people – less
Miserable
Module Processor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: do not discriminate against same-gender partners and alternative lifestyles
Cons: just about everything else...
Demeaning, treated less than human, stressful, overburdoned, underpaid, unreasonably high expectations, majority of employees barely make above unsatisfactory rate of processing, yet standards aren't adjusted to accomodate the standard level of work being given by employees.
Productive and pleasant job
GCM Administration Officer/Secretary II (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
The job entailed handling financial matters for large corporations. It was demanding and challenging but entailed various departments meeting the customers needs on a daily basis.
Decent wages but poor environment
Broker/Dealer Services Administrator (Former Employee), orlando FLJuly 23, 2014
Not many if any opportunities to advance within the department
Good place to learn about the global securities industry
Securities Process Project Manager II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse opportunities to learn about the global securities industry
Cons: company is downsizing currently
Employees daily work through lunch to service their clients. Company is large enough to provide many opportunities to shift from one area to another to broaden experience in global securities service industry
Not much room for advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 23, 2014
Pros: access to downtown tunnels, gym in building, knowledgeable co-workers
Cons: no career plans, seems to have somewhat of a high turnover rate
There isn't that much morale at BNY Mellon. The culture is one that has everyone for themselves rather than a team. You really have to research and ask around in order to find information about other departments. People are very knowledgeable at what they do, and everyone is very willing to help and teach you what they know.
Business Analyst - Contractor at ZeroChaos (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 22, 2014
As a Business Analyst dealt with Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flows, Business Process Modeling, Case Tools, and Business Analysis, writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Dictionary, Workflows, Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, – more... SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis, modeling Business Process, and preparing Training manuals and Knowledge Transfer manuals.
Authored business and system requirements analyses and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, Risk Analysis and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis (OOA/D)
Expertise in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Context diagrams, Component diagrams, Microsoft Visio.
Participated in functional testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Integration Testing, and QA Testing.
Used Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Data Warehousing and Data Mapping. – less
Great Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2014
This company has great benefits and a good work life balance
Great colleagues!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 1 Wall St.July 21, 2014
Pros: loyal workers
Cons: better hr representative
My day was productive, since I was considered the "go-to" person. Before I was displaced, I was learning cash disbursements. Management became challenging, since my manager was located out of state. He relied on his assistant to let him know what was happening in the office. To my disadvantage, she never got along with me, since we had similar responsibilities. – more... Actually, from working in the company for close to 16 years, the only difficult thing was trying to be productive when the equipment (copiers) unable to handle the capacity of users assigned to it. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of people throughout the years, and an awesome work location. – less
Huge effort - huge gains
Merger and Integration - Program Manager (Former Employee), New Work, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: stick you neck out and gain attention and recognization
Cons: stick your neck out and get it chopped off
Fortunately I was empowered to make things happen. For over my first 27 years I was always asked to lead my staff into areas of newer technology and establish high RIO on investments.
Entry Level job
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), bny mellon pittsburgh paJuly 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fast moving dedline oriented job
Best company to work at! Great benefits and job trainings! Was able to learn at least 3 different types of work during one year. Learned how to work in deadline orient environment as part of the big team and on my own. Most enjoyable part of the job were my breaks.
Strong company with solid values, supportive management team, collaborative sales team and many opportunities for advancement.
Account Executive/Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Woodland Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
In almost 10 years of employment at the company, I covered six different industries in both a Prospector/New Business Development Officer and Account Relationship Manager role. I met, managed and supported a portfolio of over 300 clients during my time at the company. I was exposed to, nominated for and participated in a Leadership Program as well as – more... numerous sales and development programs. The company supports top talent and management works hard to allow employees to reach their full potential. I was fortunate to work with an excellent sales team and incredible management team, who were open to sharing ideas and committed to getting the job done well. Sales is a dynamic, fun and often, challenging industry. Working with a group of intelligent, creative, innovative people made my job very enjoyable. – less
A good company to work for
Settlements Clerk (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 17, 2014
BNY Mellon was a good place to work. Pay is a little low but managment was always great and benafits are good. Work is high paced but not over whelming.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Customer relations, day to day banking, accounting, assisting customer in utilizing and understanding the bank‘s new services. I also proofed ATM In addition, answer telephone and performing wire transfers
N/A
Project Management Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Staff retention and career advancement needs improvement. More effort to be put in diversity and inclusion practices
Difficult and tense environment.
Project Management Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: adequate vacation days
Cons: healthcare benefits were terrible
It was a difficult environment with given the harsh economic climate. There were constant organizational changes and budget cuts with few perks. Very conservative atmosphere more consultants then full-time employees.
Horrible money hungry company that doesn't care about employees at all.
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2014
If you want to work 60 hours a week, get no raise in almost 3 years and be treated like dirt to only wind up with a stomach ulcer this is the place for you. Then get told the week before your laid off that this group will not have layoffs only to go in the next Monday and be told by your manager's manager that you are laid off and have 30 minutes to – more... clean out your desk and be escorted out the door.

Management lies constantly to employees, benefits are very expensive and then you still have a $3,000.00 out of pocket before anything with the insurance kicks in. – less
not the job for me
Courier (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 11, 2014
The Job was ok. Things just didn't work out so I found a better opportunity.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more