BNY Mellon
1,051 reviews

BNY Mellon United States Employee Reviews

Learn what you can from the various departments, people are friendly.
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FlMay 4, 2015
Company was good eight years ago. Slowly slipping due to separation of job functions and outsourcing. People are friendly and become family.
Productive workplace
Shareholder Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westborough, MAMay 1, 2015
work with mutual funds
I am a shareholder service specialist
The hardest part of the job is working 2nd shift
co-workers are nice and friendly
very comfortable Environment to work at.
Nice place to work
Client Service Manager - SBLF/TARP (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. Coworkers are very friendly and very pleasant to work with.

Great opportunities for all levels and stages of a careers.
Great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 30, 2015
Reported to the president of the ADR department. Great person and very strong leader. Learned a great deal in regard to ADRs for the brief time I was there.
A company that is trying to play catch up while reducing costs
Treasury Ops Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: Job recognition is almost nonexistent
The company is still trying to play catch up from the merger. Instead of redesigning/developing new systems they mash legacy ones together which creates issues and more work for the staff. I often though upper management did not know what direction they wanted to take the company in. Every other week it seemed like there was a hierarchy change. The pay is ok but bonuses are nonexistent. Vacation time is good and the jobs are flexible if you need to come in a little late or leave a little early. It is a big company and you do have the chance to learn a lot but you have to take the initiative to do so.
Job security
Loan Review Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2015
Major company it is but room for growth or salary increases it isn't. This company is job security all the overtime you could ask for...
Productive work experience, learn a lot of new things fast.
Contractor-Document Custody SD Processor I (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2015
This place is fast paced, a lot to do and learn and a lot of opportunities for over time. I had the opportunity to do different projects, get my foot in the door for a more advance job placement in the banking area and administrative working area.
Shareholder Specialist II (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 23, 2015
Pros: See review
Cons: See review
BNY Mellon is a nice place to work, if you can deal with the management belittling you if front of others. I also think there were some favortism happening with some of the reps. Otherwise, pay and benefits were excellent and not much else to complain about.
Productive Environment
Data Security Administrator (Data Entry) (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed my work here, knowing I would be busy all day. It was a good, clean environment with friendly, helpful coworkers.
A place to work
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
I enjoy the responsibilities of my job very much. The only cons to it are the people, the hours, the resources, the support from executive levels of management, the impossible demands, the fact that I'd need to be an octopus to have my hands in everywhere that they are needed.
group & managerment
Financial Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 22, 2015
the whole group's not play a team, some managers need to take some MGT classes to increase the awareness of proper conduct and effective communication with the whole team, not a select few.
family oriented
Data Capture/ Data Entry (Current Employee), downtown pittsburghApril 22, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: salary
I enjoy my current position at BNY Mellon, the hours and benefits are acceptable. I am currently looking to grow with a company and obtain a greater salary.
it was just a job
Facilities Specialist II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
It was one of my first jobs as a young adult. I don't recall too much about working for the company. i was a security guard not much i can say but that.
Nice
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: Lay off
Chase was a very fun place to work. They treat the employee very well, town hall meeting, appreciations and relationship manager was a good job.
In and out
Support Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: On site cafeteria, room to grow
Cons: short lunches, does not direct hire, very testosterone driven.
I was merely a consultant, but I was working to try to gain permanent employment. I was offered a position at my contract expiry, but I denied it. I didn't want to work at a place that doesn't seem to care at all about its employees.
various interesting projects
Senior Developer (Programmer) (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: downsizing in the US
It's a nice place to work.
The co-workers were friendly and the various projects were interesting.
The nervous part was the 24 - hour/ 7- day on-call duty for a few times a year.
serious workplace
Intern (Current Employee), Everett, MAApril 18, 2015
BNY Mellon is a place I can learn as an intern and I am enjoying my experience there. On a typical day I...
Produce and analyze reports on a daily basis
Processing client instructions
Reconcile transactions for external clients
Interface with clients via email, fax, and phone to confirm instructions and transactions.
Communicate with internal staff
Stressful environment
Data Processor (Former Employee), US locationApril 17, 2015
Pros: You get to leave at 3:00 on dayshift. Unless they call an unexpected hour or 2 overtime.
Cons: Short 30 minute lunch and 1, 15 minute break. Each second is timed.
Too many rules for such low pay. Managers knick pick and are constantly bothering you if they think you're not submissive enough to them. She likes to yell and embarrass you in front of others, just because she has a loud voice.

The people are nice. But the managers make the office very political and people are afraid to even talk during work hours. They whisper or when the manager walks by, they say Sssshh, like you're gonna get it trouble for saying, how was your weekend.

Unexpected overtime, which is at least twice a week. And you won't know until 30 minutes before you get off that you need to work overtime.

They have insurance, but it takes a long time for them to process it. So you may have to wait 2-3 weeks before it's actually active.

Too political and the pay is only 10.00 an hour. Not enough pay to deal with the nonsense.
This a great company up until the merge with the Bank. Upper managment need lots of work. As for HR they need the most work, never help anyone.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros,

Good work-life balance in my department, but not in all areas of the company.

Many good benefits

Cons

"No room for growth, salaries at lower end in the industry and merit increases are close to zero.
Friendly evironment in the office
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2015
BNY Mellon is a good place to work, especially in the Check Operations area. I learned a variety of things from check processing, to check adjustments, customer service, and becoming a supervisor. The management cared about their employees, but also knew the tasks that need accomplished on a daily process. The co-workers wanted to know who you are as a person, and was not afraid to assist with any job or action. The hardest part of the job is supervising others. It was no longer about excelling just yourself, but having the entire team excel. The most enjoyable thing about BNY Mellon was the fact of promoting from within the company versus as hiring from outside for higher up positions.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more

BNY Mellon Salaries