BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,146 reviews matching the search
Large company with great guidelines laid in place.
Transfer Agent - Contract Position (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I worked this job as a contract position. In my short time there, everyone was nice and gave great support when it came to learning the job.
Great place to advance!
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of PrussiaFebruary 2, 2016
BNY-Mellon is a fast paced inbound call center. The management staff and employees are helpful and supportive. However, the systems used can be a hindrance to job performance as the system was not always updated.
Excellent Company.
Talent Acquisition Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
BNY Mellon is truly an outstanding company for anyone looking to develop his/her career in a top financial services company. They are very focused on employee development, diversity inclusiveness and internal mobility.
Excellent Bank to work for
TELLER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
BNY Mellon was an excellent Bank to work for, I started my career in management at this bank. I was the Teller Manager and I learned a lot about coaching and managing associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer service and meeting new people.
Pros
Healthcare
Excellent coworkers
Vice President, Alternative Investment Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I was tremendously appreciative of the Bank's work-life balance in previous years. A change in direction/corporate outlook no longer offers this flexibility.

Though small, our team works together to support each other, and deliver the best possible service.
ok
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
It was an ok place to learn new skills and apply what you have learned to the industry. Colleagues assisted each other when needed.
Pros
It was an ok place to learn new skills
Cons
ok
Good place to get feet wet
Broker Dealer Collateral Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
BNYM is a company that doesn't value employee innovation. It is stagnant and pays much worse then competitors. It specializes in low margin work.
I enjoyed working at this company.
Banking-Redemption Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Work was challenging and stressful, however, the benefits were very rewarding, such as great health benefits,401k and a pension. .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
very stressful and demanding.
Friendly working environment
Corporate Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Friendly working environment with flexible schedule within the team. Each team providing backup for each other to ensure good workflow.
good place to learn
Global Corporate Action Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 22, 2016
It was a good place to learn processing in finance and it also paid decently. The staff was a younger group which was also beneficial.
Fast paced, time sensitive, high networth, long hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2016
For those who are financial junkies, always ready to tackle the next problem and don't mind late night work. This may be the place for you.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, time available to get personal things done during work week.
Cons
Appreciation not always visible, help is limited.
Module Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2016
working here made me the woman I've became today. they were very hard and serious about the job they presented. Overall I enjoyed working here and I would love to go back if I can.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Not a great place to work
data entry specialist (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Managers are not always helpful in advancements.
Benefits are not the best.
Doing a great job is mostly never noticed.
Favoritism happens a lot.
fun place
Senior Clerk, (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
great place to work busy how to get along with customer great management great coworker family talking customers who were not happy going home
Big Company with poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day in my department would consist of fixing errors on customer accounts. I would view images of suspected checks that the bank targeted on the customer accounts. Once the items were fixed in our computer system, our customers would be able to exclude the checks that were fixed. I assisted customers over the phone with any questions that they might of had in regards to their accounts.
Pros
Banking Experience
Cons
Managment Turnover
A solid place to work
The Bank of New York Mellon (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 17, 2016
9-5 with good benefits, low likelihood for advancement, Pay is okay but should be better given job and company. Overall a solid job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Busy busy busy
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Great place learn he importance of company files, great way to learn to become detail oriented and come up with system that will help you keep track of customer files etc.
Great starter job
Client Accounting and Reporting Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to start a career and there is exposure to a lot of different things. However, turn over is high and morale is low among the employees.
Very dynamic work environment
IT Knowledge Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
MUST BE FLEXIBLE!

Speaking from an IT perspective. Be ready to change any moment of the day. Management is always ready to hear the next big idea. Number one rule... Don't be intimidated! Be self motivated! No one is going to give you anything. You can not work here and expect to "move up" by doing your basic day-to-day.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with conservatives. This is a very conservative company (tenured employees), which means alot of 'red tape'. You must learn to be patient and approach and carry out every situation professionally because you can be on working with that person again down the link. It's also a great life lesson too.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits
Cons
Compensation compared to the market
Nice place to work.
Vice President / Team Leader - Client On-Boarding (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
BNYM was a good place to work. Most of the day was spent in assisting clients with servicing. The people met over the years were great co-workers, and friends. The challenges were mostly related to recourses available to handle the work.