BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

Great Work Place
Trust Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad compensation
Nice name on your resume. The company does not pay much in compensation. I like the people I work with certainly makes difficult days in the office go easier. The larger size of the company seems to limit forward thinking ideas.
Tax
Tax and Documentation Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: trusted to complete my tasks
Cons: monotonous tasks everyday, little to no critical thinking/problem solving/challenge
A typical day consisted of a 9-5 shift in downtown Pittsburgh. I would enter and start the day by answering emails and returning missed calls. Attention then turned for the rest of day towards our data reconciliation project. I work with a partner on the project under the supervision of out team manager. Unfortunately, halfway through the project I – more... lost my teammate and I was tasked to train the new hire.

While the less-than-coordial feedback from many employees made some days longer, the camaraderie between me and both my partners made up for any negativity recieved. – less
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 16, 2014
Cons: everything
terrible place to work for, management isn't trustworthy or timely
Great Company, Excellent Management
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2014
Large, stable company with Excellent Management. Great location, close to the University of Central Florida, offering ideal careers for new graduates and interns.
Productived and fast paces environment
Wholesale Lockbox Supervisor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: high turn over rate
Supervise 30+ employees to ensure that the customers needs are met.
Great people with a successful leadership management team
Vice President, Relationship Executive (Former Employee), Everett, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: entreprenurial atmosphere.
Cons: little job security. benefits are horrible.
As a leading global custodian bank, BNY Mellon enjoys a great reputation around the industry. Its a great place to work and the professionals there take pride in developing technological innovations and finding custom solutions to client challenges.
Fast paced, financial market risk based position
IVC Control Analyst-Pittsburgh IVC (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: market knowledge
Cons: repetative
Worked in daily financial product processing utilizing fax imaging system. Utilized problem solving skills, risk management, and knowledge of the industry to provide excellent customer service.
Great company to work for
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good company culture
Cons: many changes led to reduction in force
Overall good company culture. Working with other departments was an ease while working there, and the relationship with the vendors and service partners was always a pleasure
Great people to work with, the environment is stress-free.
Reconciliation Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, there is constant support and training to make you feel competent.
Cons: may get very busy depending on your job role.
The Bank of New York Mellon has a very flexible and laid back environment. Managers are very much supportive and in terms of work and also personal life. great benefits including tuition reimbursement Good place to work.
Different teams have different cultures, based on manager
Vice President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2014
There is a large discrepancy between the message senior management conveys and the actions that middle management take. Middle management does not relay the whole story for bad information upwards, painting a rosier picture than reality.
Fun and productive corporate environment
Control Accounting Specialist III (Corp. Actions) (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, interesting working environment
Cons: healthcare
Fun and productive corporate environment.
• Monitor the daily trading activity of foreign and domestic databases and verify that all mutual and bond fund prices are correct and database events run accordingly.
• Assist in running various production support functions and data transmission jobs for the BNY Legacy platform.
• Manage the development and – more... creation of department processing procedures for listing on the SharePoint website for worldwide internal employees to access.
• Investigate and resolve daily trade breaks throughout various funds to help reduce nightly settlement inaccuracies.
• Communicate directly with other agents and brokers of various fund families to address any missing or revised net asset values, dividend payments, or accrual factors.
• Create customized ad hoc reports pertaining to foreign dividend payments, share balances, and tax withholding.
• Retrieve and prepare any pricing related documentation that is ordered by internal or external audit personnel within two hours of the request.
• Calculated adjustments on a daily basis for late or missed trades.
• Processed corrections to shareholder accounts for all clients. Calculate dividends, cap gain corrections to shareholder accounts.
• Quality review of key functions and controls to ensure completion and accuracy. – less
A great place with great poeple
Corporate Trust Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: great company perks
Cons: long travel from long island at the time
I learned a lot about mortgage backed security's and how to be an administrator.
Quality of work life and balance supported by Management
Senior Supervisor Systems Support (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 4, 2014
Regular 9-6 work hours. Daily fund accounting and administrative duties servicing mutual funds. Job description includes but is not limited to fund setup, conversions, accounting, tax servicing, financial reporting, client services, system analysis and support to other departments.
Enjoyed the skills I have learned
Investment Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee, relaxed dress
Cons: management very hands off
Very relaxed environment that also maintained tight deadlines. Ability to learn as much or as little as needed. The group I work with are very outgoing and fun. Fairly easy work.
Productive work place
Enterprise Billing Unit Operations Specialist II (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 29, 2014
The work environment is fast paced and inspires teamwork. Other co-workers are open to ideas and always helpful. BNY Mellon really promotes development of their employees as well. Educationally they provide online classes and professionally they offer additional training to employees.
A nice workplace
Senior NAV accountant/Analyst (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
I work with pleasent people, My job I come in complete cash avails/cash recs, calculate expenses, and all pricing activities
fun
Module Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: n/a
enjoyable great people love coworkers and workplace and the Sensurround.
work with customer face to face was the best
Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 28, 2014
I loved working as a teller that was the best job ever, I met a lot of people some of them i still keep in touch they became my friends.
Productive, fast paced, ever changing financial industry
Professional Development Trainer (Current Employee), syracuse, new yorkOctober 27, 2014
Meetings and interaction with all levels of management up to the C suite. Learn something new every day, with enhancements, new systems, regulations, risk awareness, time management, and much more. Co-workers are all very professional. There really is no "hard" part of the day, I guess the hardest part is finding time to take a lunch break when I can. – more... :) I feel that the most enjoyable part of any job is learning something new every day, and being able to spread that knowledge throughout the teams, so every one can take advantage of it. Knowledge is power. – less
Quiet and easy Job
Document Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 27, 2014
Work from 10-7 or 12-9
It was a easy fast paced job, we pulled and filed bank statements.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more