BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,762 reviews matching the search
Westborough office is having a lot of layoffs
Mgr (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 23, 2017
Plenty of hard working individuals. Very Casual dress code. Enjoyed my time working there. Benefits are very good. Pay and incentives could be better.
benefits
Cons
many
Pretty relaxed place to work
Corporate Actions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 22, 2017
Great place to work. Would recommend it to my friends for a good entry level job. It seems hard to work your way up, but with a good attitude and hard work it is possible.
Challenging in a good way. Drawback it required 55 plus hous weekly to get the job done.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 22, 2017
This job allowed me to be a part of there software conversion team. Therefore no training offered. I learned by trial and error. I paid for my own SQL course which helped. I am passionate about data management and always willing to learn new ways to mainstream.
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
Lacked in training
Outstanding Financial Services Company
Vice President Sales/Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
The Bank of New York Mellon is an outstanding financial services company. The company has an excellent management team and offers opportunities for personal professional growth to all who are willing to put in the work
Pros
Training, profesionalism
Cons
Typical Large company regarding tight structure and decision making
Leadership wasn't good
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 20, 2017
- Data entry
- Scanning files into computer
- Searching for customer loans
- learned how to use excel and word
- Stock room pulling files and organizing
Management didn't really seem to care about temps or how they were doing, I would feel ignored and like they would only look down on me.
Good people but needs more growth
Managing Director, Fixed Income (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2017
Great group of people, very team oriented and bright within Fixed Income. However, there is not a lot of growth currently at BNY, which makes it difficult to motivate team members.
Great place to work!
Regional Secretary, Data Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here as it is very team oriented. Great managers and staff. Awesome work life balance. The most enjoyaable part of the job was showing up. This is a great place to work!
Fast-paced Financial services organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 17, 2017
Pershing Financial located in King of Prussia provides excellent financial/investment services. My experience with BNY/Pershing was excellent. I was able to use all of my skills.
Company undergoing revenue stress so currently in midst of cost cutting.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
Management having difficulty generating revenue so engaged in extreme cost cutting, including staff layoffs and relocation of jobs outside NY. Company lacks energy among workforce and provides limited opportunities to advance..
Pros
Limited pros for this company at this time under current executive management.
Cons
Poor working environment leading to unengaged workforce.
productive
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 14, 2017
It is a great place to work for if you a recent graduate . They have two weeks of training that help employees understand the system and the job. I recommend BNY
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
High Paced Enviroment
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMay 13, 2017
Hi paced ,stressful corporate company. Daily invocation is for excellence and client deliverance. We take pride in our company and work for giving our clients the best in a daily basis.
Ok
VP Internal Control, Markets Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2017
OK The atmosphere was cordial and there wer many folks there a long time. More conserative than other international banks and the work hours seemed better than most
Laid back work area that is extemely productive
Corporate Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2017
I have learned a great deal about the financial services industry and how to manage over 1,100 accounts with clients across the world. I am now able to process an analyze wires for clients internally within the bank as well as externally to other banks. A typical day of work starts with sending out corporate actions, responding to uninvested cash, processing wires, billing, checking for overdrafts, communicating with Client Service Managers in New York, as well as clients to complete tasks. The management within my team is great. All of the section managers and team leads are extremely helpful when I have a question about the task at hand. The culture in the workplace is terrific. I have a great working relationship with the people I work with in New York and Pittsburgh. The hardest part of the job is getting in touch with people on other teams to resolve issues that the client has. With the accounts being available to so many people, it makes it difficult to keep track of the activity in the accounts and solve some issues.
Pros
Comp time
Cons
Salary
Standard Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westborough MAMay 11, 2017
We were in a massive room, stuck in cubicles. Our work flow came in over a shared program and there was very little interaction and opportunities to advance in the area in which I was in.
Laid back environment
BTS Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2017
The wilmington site offers diversity and stability. The managers are nice and very knowledgeable. I like working there because of the versatility the company offers
A great Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 11, 2017
I learned a great deal with Bank of New York and made many friends. The company has very good benefits and is an excellent stepping stone for a career.
Bank
Broker/Dealer Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2017
The bank was a good learning experience but after 10 plus years I was laid off and was replaced by marginal workers being paid half of my base yearly salary.
Too much Outsourcing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, paMay 10, 2017
I did like my workplace up to a certain point. It was formerly PFPC, Inc which I loved and then was taken over by PNC Global Investments. That was okay too. But in 2013 Bank of NY Mellon bought out PNC and many changes took place. While I embrace change to keep things fresh and helps you grow and develop skills along the way, the outsourcing was a very difficult concept to grasp. I survived two corporate takeovers, one outsourcing and did not survive the last outsourcing round. Both jobs (entire department) went to India.
Pros
benefits, co workers
Cons
no work/life balance, no flexibility with work hours
great work place for recent grad
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  PittsburghMay 9, 2017
Learned a lot during my time here and a lot about the financial industry. I also learned the importance of account management and reconciliation. Excel was a big part of my daily work load so continued my knowledge of excel.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Growth
Ok job
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJMay 9, 2017
As a teller, the main responsibility is to count the money correctly and make sure that at the end of the day you are not short or over on money. Salary is basic but good health insurance back in 2004

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.