BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,766 reviews matching the search
Bank
Broker/Dealer Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2017
The bank was a good learning experience but after 10 plus years I was laid off and was replaced by marginal workers being paid half of my base yearly salary.
Too much Outsourcing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, paMay 10, 2017
I did like my workplace up to a certain point. It was formerly PFPC, Inc which I loved and then was taken over by PNC Global Investments. That was okay too. But in 2013 Bank of NY Mellon bought out PNC and many changes took place. While I embrace change to keep things fresh and helps you grow and develop skills along the way, the outsourcing was a very difficult concept to grasp. I survived two corporate takeovers, one outsourcing and did not survive the last outsourcing round. Both jobs (entire department) went to India.
Pros
benefits, co workers
Cons
no work/life balance, no flexibility with work hours
great work place for recent grad
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  PittsburghMay 9, 2017
Learned a lot during my time here and a lot about the financial industry. I also learned the importance of account management and reconciliation. Excel was a big part of my daily work load so continued my knowledge of excel.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Growth
Ok job
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJMay 9, 2017
As a teller, the main responsibility is to count the money correctly and make sure that at the end of the day you are not short or over on money. Salary is basic but good health insurance back in 2004
greate work place for learning
Salesforce Administrator/ Developer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 9, 2017
as great place to work, i have learned a lot friendly collegues . good place i feel very comfortable with them. they are very helpful management also so good
More competitive than collaborative
Software Architect (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 8, 2017
The management approach fosters more of an individually competitive approach to delivery vs. a collaborative one. Teams battle for resource like any organization but unfortunately the well connected or "preferred" teams tend to get the resources needed to deliver on their ideas.
Productive and Fun Work place
Data Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 8, 2017
Great opportunity for employees with plenty of mobility to choose from.
Encourage work life balance.
Workplace culture is individual contribution some project for combine team.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Benefit on the low side
Its a job with somewhat stability but a struggle to advance
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
Enough work to keep you busy thru the day and more work than you have time for if you get promoted to supervisor or manager, after that you have time.
Great place to learn, practice and enhance your computer and communication skills.
Some management will help you move up but you have to be proactive in getting results, don't expect them to do your research, you should know you have to do it yourself. Most of them are very fair with job/life situations.
Good work culture from mangers down but upper management doesn't communicate enough as to what is next.
Hardest part is trying to move up and getting information about what is next for our groups.
Nice now being able to work from home a couple days a week since we have more processes that are paperless.
Pros
Work from home, work/life balance
Cons
Promotions
nice job
Assistant Vice President- Abandoned Property (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
Good company to work for left for a better opportunity at a start up company. I would like to return if offered a position. Great company and real nice people to work with.
Startup company- no longer in business
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
This division at BNY Mellon Corp. was a startup that got off the ground but senior management decided to exit the business after a few years of operations.
Pros
learning curve, talent pool, new business
Cons
business did not fit the profile for the holding company
It was a place I worked in my formative years.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
I worked here in two different environments. The monthly reporting side and the daily reporting side. These were both challenging in different ways. I am glad I got to experience both sides.
Pros
I worked here during the start of my career.
Cons
I worked here during the start of my career.
Motivated and Experienced Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
As an highly experienced Senior Administrative Assistant, I encounter various challenges on a daily basis. I'm motivated and considered as a go to resource within the company.
Great co-workers
Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMay 3, 2017
Really enjoyed my position as a loan processor with the BNY Mellon. Processing paperwork for loans for large corporations. My co-workers were amazing. The best part of the job was being able to complete billion dollar transactions in a timely manner with no errors.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
na
Your experience here depends on what dept you are in
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
Your experience here depends on what department you are in. Some people have a more relaxed work environment while others work in a fast-paced, strict environment with lots of deadlines, meetings, and projects.
Fun workplace
Reconciliation Analyst in ADR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Great experience in learning the operations of different divisions,such as dividend reinvestment,adrs and proxy services ,corporate trust .
Excellent group dynamics.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Needs better ventilation
Nice place to work at
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Would recommend this as a workplace. Atleast in my department the managers and the co-workers were really good. Work was very interesting, no boredom. They keep up to their big name.
Outstanding work enviroment
Legal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
One of the best employers I had especially management. Enjoyed working in the legal department and relationship established at the Bank of NY Mellon.
Cons
Job Security
Productive very fast environment
International Letter of Credit (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 30, 2017
I worked for the outsourcing Department. Creating and verifying International Letters of Credit. Lots of training. Very detailed and could be very stressful at times. I enjoyed working in that department. Also enjoy whenever I had the opportunity to translate on the phone for our customers who spoke Spanish. Very rewarding to me to be able to assist, clarify and solve any problem or question a client might in their own language (Spanish).
Great place to work and advance your career
Team Leader /Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2017
Great employees and management team. Opportunities to grow and learn in your role. Engaged employees who are passionate about their work and responsibilities.
Very relaxed working environment.
Accounting Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed this position and worked very well with my assistant. We were able to come up with automated spreadsheets for the rest of the staff/group that I managed. The weekly meetings could be very knowledgeable with the staff's ideas and what we could do to make our jobs easier. The Corporate office was also very helpful when we had questions.
Pros
Cafeteria on location.
Cons
Our seating area was always too cold in the winter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval