BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Too many layoffs
Vice President Product Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 5, 2017
Since purchasing PNC BNY has laid off so many employees. Job isecurity and employee mural has been very low since the purchase. I was able to work form home and enjoyed that benefit until I was laid off.
I have always given priority to client satisfaction.
Data Administrative Sr - Securities Data Mgmt (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
My work environment included giving priority to time sensitive items and completing all tasks in a timely manner. Also cross training on various job functions and training my fellow employees. Client satisfaction has always been a priority for me. We worked well as a team and supported each other in accomplishing our daily work assignments. Management has always supportive and encouraging to all employees. The work environment and daily tools utilized have always been excellent. Each co-worker brought a different personality which made our daily tasks easier to finish and brought a pleasant environment.
Pros
Management that was understanding to our needs.
Cons
Cannot think of any to speak of.
This is a very good company to work for
Attorney/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
This is a very good company to work for.. This is a fast paced working environment but also provides a work life balance. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
competitive workplace
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NY 13424October 4, 2017
I learned a lot about letters of credit and banking. There were some very good people that worked there. However not all managers were able to manage effectively. Many had favorite people and some were quite vindictive.
Pros
Lots of community involvement opportunities.
Cons
Many managers were not good communicaters.
Stagnant
SENIOR TECHNICIAN - CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2017
This company from my point of view is very set in their ways. A lot of the employees and management have been here their entire lives and they aren't willing to budge on much. It's a very "who you know" atmosphere when it comes to advancement and career opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
Poor vacation benefits, Hr, job advancement, lack of overtime opportunities
Bny
Paying and Receiving Teller (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 4, 2017
I worked here for quite a few years. The company is a great environment and the people who work there all work as a team and are willing to help each other
N/a
Senior ETF Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 3, 2017
Good place to start out. Great people to work with and good culture. Benefits were solid but pay was terribly low and poor work life balance. Few opportunities for advancement.
Do not recommend
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2017
Although the benefits are good, overall I would not recommend. There is no room for advancement. You may train upper management on how to do their job. There is a lack of work ethic from co-workers who spend all day on the internet and running out of the office for no reason. The management is very poor and does not hold people accountable for their actions.
Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, Poor management, Lack of work ethic
Very stressful environment
Lotus Notes Administrator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2017
I was only a contract employee at this company but I was working on a project that required many hours and was badly managed. We sat in an open cubicle environment which did not allow for any privacy and it was a very competitive job environment.
Friendly
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 3, 2017
BNY was a fast paced place of employment. Management was ok when I was there, but after my contract ended, things changed, I still keep in touch with fellow employees and understand hours and procedures changed (not necessarily to the good) and quite o few employees had left.
Large company with IT staff in India
SQL Server Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2017
Cost cutting and a focus on offshore employees has made BNY a less desirable company as an employee. This is a great company for a first job and opportunity to learn.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Difficult to advance
good place to work
Senior Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
besides being a stressful day it can be an informative place to learn, advancement was more who you knew and not what you knew. the most enjoyable part was making good friends,
Pros
pay was good
Cons
advancement was hard
Dept was run poorly.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 29, 2017
Workers never interacted with one another. Managers would publicly play favoritism. Never got credit for doing a good job. You only hear when a mistake is made.
Pros
Supported Work Life Balance
Cons
hardest/most enjoyable part of the job
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy the work itself. The staff is amazing. The hardest part of the job is that you must account for every minute of the day on a computer system. You must ask for the time you need to correct your mistakes, and when you get the time, it is rarely enough. Way too strict with time management and it causes more mistakes by staff and less than top performance.
Productive place
Vector/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYSeptember 28, 2017
This is a place where I think that the staff and the managers made the overall work environment a very comfortable lace. Also there were some benefits that were offered to employees that were good.
Very competitive and productive environment
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
The Bank was very competitive environment that pushes you to be the best at your job, get things done, with some upward mobility. The IT dept was a 24 hr a day job of meetings, reports, and on call responsibilities.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Poor family life
Client Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Great people, excellent leadership, fair wages, friendly atmosphere.

Vacation time.

Free lunches

Plenty of internal support to progress in different areas of company
Fun Place
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
Good place to work. Management was alright. Team was good, Great work culture. Would recommend the company to friends and family. Good place to Learn and Grow.
Stressful place to work for with no chance of advancement.
Financial Office (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 26, 2017
The advancement in this company is non existing unless you are well liked by managment. If you are well liked by the manger then you get promotions and company policies do not apply. Therefore it is a stressful place to work for!
Comfortable but unchallenging
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 26, 2017
BNY Mellon's current work environment does not accomodate those who strive for career advancement. However, their compensation (work from home, casul dress, etc...) and benefits are well offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.