BNY Mellon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,266 reviews matching the search
Siloed and Slow
Fund Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 23, 2016
Be careful to follow procedure and cover your butt. Blame can be passed quickly when a mistake occurs. Work life balance here is awesome and they are extremely accommodating as long as you put forth some effort as well.
Pros
Good Benefits
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Project / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 1, 2016
 Managed several component projects for a large program replacing legacy software with new systems.
 Developed a comprehensive software deployment planning process that encompassed all business and IT tasks required from to be ready for launch and execute successful software releases.
 Mitigated program risks through the implementation of a change management office, plan and management routines collaboratively and comprehensively with every corporate department.
▪ Simultaneously managing multiple agile teams (tracks) to deliver projects within a program to replace the planning and guidance tools available to investors to set goals and manage investment portfolios. This position requires mature project management skills, as well as the ability to orchestrate large agile teams using Fidelity’s agile methods and tools within a program of agile teams
▪ Successful end-end project/program management of around 5 projects (value $6.5 million) ranging from 3000 - 5000 Hours each
Solid Company
Operational Risk Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
Provided an opportunity to develop skills that hopefully will lead to future growth and advancement. Culture changes are coming...
Excellent Bank to work for
TELLER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
BNY Mellon was an excellent Bank to work for, I started my career in management at this bank. I was the Teller Manager and I learned a lot about coaching and managing associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer service and meeting new people.
Pros
Healthcare
AML Quality Assurance Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2015
The management team over my position of KYC/AML Due diligence was a great team to work for. They were always to help out in any situation and were always giving feedback to help get you further in your position as well as the company.

Work life balance was reasonable for the most part as we we're able to work from home one day a week and could work from home if any mandatory extra hours were required
Fast pace environment where the client always comes first.
Securities Settlement Processor (Analyst) (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 8, 2015
A very active environment. Working for a payment hub allowed me to see the manual process behind wire movements. Management allowed for opportunities to grow as a professional and seek mentors to further my knowledge with data scripting, and analytical reporting, regardless of my assigned role.
Pros
Culture promotes internal learning and crossfunctioning
Cons
Short lunch breaks, limited opportunity for career advancement
high paced financial sector
BILINGUAL ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Bank of New York was a great place to work in. I loved my co-workers who were always extremely professional and courteous. I learned a great deal working as an Administrative assistant.

Working with people has always been my forte. I really enjoy customer interaction and had no negative experiences in doing so.

The hardest part of the job was the very high paced environment. My management staff was amazing. They were able to accommodate my needs, and trained me patiently with different transactions.

Overall, working at Bank of NY was a very fulfilling experience.
Pros
customer interaction, training, and highly professional atmosphere
Cons
health benefits and pay
You have to make the most of your opportunities
Global Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
You are basically your own CEO of your career as management tends to be very hands off. People are very nice to work with but very competitive and focused
Not worth it
Securities Settlement Processor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 7, 2015
I worked here as a temp, in the year I was employed with this company, the turnover rate was above 37% in my department (17 people that I know of in a company wide department of 46, cut to 43 before I left) and you can make of that what you will. Though I will also say, that for a department of 10 employees and temps, there were 7 managers...so good luck with those TPS reports.

It definitely feels like they don't seem to have any concern for holding onto talent, and none of the employees seem to want to stick around. About once a month the computer system breaks in some fashion. And although you're only working 37.5 hours most weeks, it feels like there's a very poor work/life balance. Finally, their pay and benefits are below industry competitors.

It's certainly not the worst job I've had, but I would recommend that if you're looking for a career, keep looking.
Wonderful place to work
Work Flow Associate /Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed my experience at BNY mellon I learned a lot met a lot of great people. For the most part management was great the wages were fair , always room for growth and development . Great company to work for I would recommend for anybody who may have and opportunity to be employed here take full advantage.
no direct career path
Deal Lifecycle Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2015
There are plenty of opportunities and it is not the highest paying by any means available. In order to move up here you are basically required to job jump. So you can learn and excel but if you want promoted you need to switch departments and basically start over. This could be considered a good thing for those who don't mind it and want to learn the numerous fields they have to offer.
Pros
vacation time, 401k, and stability
Cons
management, HR restrictions, and cost cutting (off shoring of jobs)
No room for advancement/Poor Management ( Oriskany NY )
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working at this place for 10 years and have to say it has changed in so many negative ways.

1.) Management has poor communication with the people under them or at the same level.

2.) The raises decreased immensely and health benefit cost are now higher.

3.) They continue on letting go of hard workers while keeping poor workers to remain in the company.

4.) New trainees come on the floor and are here no more than 6 -12 months because the pay and management is so bad and upper management doesn't recognize that so many workers on floor are unhappy and stressed due to lack of help and lack of management communication.

This job is ok for High School graduates or college graduates to get their foot in the door in the career world, but definitely not a good long term career place.
What use to be
Sr. EA to the Head of Private Banking Lending (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2015
BNY Mellon is an ok company. Once BNY and Mellon merge the culture and the environment change. In their learning process of trying to learn the NY Private Banking/Wealth Management business they really missed what is important not only to the employees but to the client base they serve
Pros
Use to be a fun company to work for when it was BNY
Cons
Not enough diversity; not enough quality of work/life balance
Work and Life balance
Vice President/International Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 14, 2016
A steady busy day to day work load. Resolving issues. Mentoring and is a subject expert matter to co-workers.

Over the years I've learned the investment's ins and outs, financial tools and vendors systems, writing SQL statements to pull data from the database, Eagle STAR and PACE system.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of job security due to lay-offs over the recent years.

Most enjoyable part of every day is knowing I can help resolve issues for our clients, Guiding and answering questions my teammates have. Fortunate to have friendly coworkers and report to a flexible manager.
Pros
flexible hours, 4 week vacation, 401k matching
Cons
No job security, Offshoring jobs, High rate health benefits
Great company and experience
Pricing/Derivative Specialist (Current Employee) –  floridaSeptember 15, 2015
Excellent company, culture, and management. Salary could be better, but lots of overtime with my group. Promotions are available once experience has been gained. High turn over.
Pros
overtime, experience
Cons
salary, expensive health care
A solid place to work
The Bank of New York Mellon (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 17, 2016
9-5 with good benefits, low likelihood for advancement, Pay is okay but should be better given job and company. Overall a solid job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low Pay
BNYMellon
Section Manager - US Fund Accounting Trade Capture (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 14, 2016
BNYMellon is a very stable company, They are very technology driven to make the job more efficient. BNYMellon have a good employee matching program with there 401k.
Pros
401K matching
Cons
Help desk
Not a great place to work
data entry specialist (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Managers are not always helpful in advancements.
Benefits are not the best.
Doing a great job is mostly never noticed.
Favoritism happens a lot.
Good benefits and great people to work with
relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 1, 2015
At one time a great place to work, however due to increasing management changes, reorganization and lack of direction from senior management has created a significant moral problem within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Inflexible management, work / life balance non-existent
Good work life balance
Client On-Boarding, Collateral Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
Good place to work in terms of a work life balance but very underpaid with very little compensation increase regardless of how hard you work.
Stable place to work with very little downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.