BNY Mellon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,262 reviews matching the search
A very productive bank to work for.
Financial Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2016
BNY Mellon is one of the best banks I ever worked for. The management team was very professional. They could answer any questions you asked them.
No training, unfriendly people
QA Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2016
little training, expected to know all, unfriendly people, low pay very stressful. This job caused me a heart attack these people do NOT listen to you or give you a chance to learn the job. Very critical cannot make one mistake in a typical day.
Pros
good location, good cafeteria
Cons
pay low, unfriendly people, very stressful
Avoid at all costs
Financial Analyst - Trust Fund Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
BNY Mellon has a horrible culture, management does not care about the development of their employees. Bullying and negativity are key to every aspect of the company.
Hybrid of a software development company and service company
Oracle Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 14, 2016
Albridge solutions, a division of BNY Melon. It'a good place to learn about wealth management. It's a software company that started of as a group of developers that went through cycles of acquisition by PNC Bank, followed by BNY Mellon.
Unfortunately it's been haunted by off-shore development teams and which quietly replaced local employees.
Pros
Lot of socialisation, like birth day parties and holidays
Cons
Difficult to break into existing syndicate of developers.
Nice company to work for with great benefits.
Accounting & Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 14, 2016
Acquired my financial service experience from this company
Atypical day would be busy but it was always fun'
Excellent management which valued the hard work of their employees.
At least every part of my job was fun and enjoyable with a great teamwork.
Pros
good team work wth great managers
Cons
Sometimes too much work
its a job
Check Services Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2016
They need better training practices and better pay. Training is a joke. coworkers are okay. the way vacation scheduling is set up should be reevaluated.....

its a job.. nice start
Living the dream
Correspondence Writer /Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 12, 2016
Daily work was wonderful, I've learned alot about the legalities and what is required to process transfers, redemptions, exchanges, etc. in the world of asset servicing. My co-workers are great, the hardest part is coming; my whole department is being displaced. The most enjoyable was meeting and working with my co-workers.
Pros
time off incentives, random potlucks
Cons
loss of my job
teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 10, 2016
i worked as teller provided assistant to customers on their daily money management needs as they come to the bank , also sold product for the bank provided clerical support
Pros
holidays off
Cons
sometimes we where short no brakes
Tech support senior (Current Employee) –  remote out of King of Prussia. PAMay 10, 2016
I love my job at bny. I am challenged regularly and enjoy learning new tasks and systems. I troubleshoot processing and code issues which is always interesting. we are currently in the process of upgrading to a new platform so there are many learing opportunities
Pros
work remotely fulltime
Very productive work place with great coworkers
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2016
Review critical daily processes.
Check the over million dollar queues.
Check for FX exposures.
Check the Queue and adjust rate or make recommendations to various departments.
I am always learning on the job and everyday I tried to learn something new.
I tried to manage my managers by keeping them informed at all times of any upcoming crisis.
There is no hard part of my job. Just get it done and everything becomes easy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am faced with a mangled cash break and seems difficult to reconciled.
Pros
Walking in the office with a good health and walking out the office satisfied of a good days work.
Cons
i have none
Great company to work for
Business Analyst Internship (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2016
AIG is a great company to work for. The salary is very competitive and the it has plenty of growth opportunities. Also you must like working with a lot of different people because the company has so many employees.
na
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2016
typical day lots of unnecessary non sense and gossip. no concept for personal or medical problems. nothing else to say, trying not to be negative.
Very productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at bny I was sad when they were brought out. My co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part was when I had to leave.
Pros
LEARNING
Cons
THE JOB WAS BROUGHT OUT
Okay Place to work
Senior Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2016
As like any company the person makes the place not the company makes you. The company has its up and down as any other. I enjoyed time at BNY Mellon and seen it through many mergers. It was time to move on.
Very hierachal
Investment Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 26, 2016
This company was a typical corporate structure. My job was pretty low on the totem pole so I was just a worker bee. Nothing more. Not many incentive besides money.. if that
Used to be a great place to work
Senior Trust Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
BNY lost a lot of major talent to other Trust shops, and as a result lost their long standing identity as a leader in the structured finance world.
Opportunities exist for a robust work experience.
Pros
not boring
Cons
bad management
environment
Loan Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 25, 2016
Great culture with many incentives. Management is great and great people to work with. Pay is low but there is many benefits offered.
230 bank with a reputation in serving instiutational clients
Strategist & Project Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2016
Highly motivated and intelligent indivduals with backgrounds in banking, manufacturing, the arts. The diversity of the team has fostered a working environment that cultivates an innovative culture.
Good
Capital Markets Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2016
BNYMellon is a great place to work but can vary greatly from departments. Some areas have very strict guidelines, while others are extremely relaxed atmospheres. They offer competitive benefits and there is alot of opportunity for growth within the bank as a whole, however some groups over very little room for personal growth and development.
Pros
Great benefits
Very modernized
Program Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
Lots of work but limited growth. This business is all about who you know. If you want to move up you have to get friendly with senior management.