BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,947 reviews matching the search
Corporate culture however many there are not ready for a corporate/banking type of job.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
Hiring another temp agency because that agency pays the employees less than I was paid, so the work is getting done by more employees at less cost. They are hiring less skilled workers and those employees take longer to accomplish tasks.
Great place to work.
Senior Accountant - Alternative Investments Group (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 25, 2017
Beingit is a great place to work. My supervisor were great and very understanding. There was always something new to learn. I highly recommend working for BNY Mellon.
Americas Pittsburgh Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
BNY Mellon is a great place to work. Company is healthy; colleagues are friendly and good to work with, the management is great, and the company culture is inclusive and values a healthy life-work balance.
Pros
Bankers hours
N/a
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 24, 2017
Company closed down but the experience working at this company was good. The management team was very helpful and great people to work for. Learned a lot of things about the financial world.
Great Place to work and Grow
Dividend Reinvestment Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. I learned a lot of new and important guidelines necessary for the job function. The coworkers and management were very helpful in my success's.
Intern
Corporate Trust Division Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Great place to start, the company is very team minded and focus on building with a team. you must be a good team player and one is is capable to work on close deadlines
Work is challenging but culture is unhealthy
Business Analyst (contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Leaving because contract is ending. BONY is highly disorganized. The company has a reputation of not treating or paying their employees well. They don't have a strong culture.
glass ceiling for women
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
I worked very hard for this company and due to the lack of leadership i was not able to obtain the promotions i earned because i feel my manager was unfair to women
No Comment
VP Client Services (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 21, 2017
Good company with growing in all directions. I am currently work in the company. Benefits are not that great and annual increments basically nothing. Different location in US have different salary level the range wide.
Pros
Flexible hours
A typical day at work
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  500 Ross Street 15262August 21, 2017
As a current Senior Client Representative with the Bank of New York Mellon, I manage the work flow and oversee all facets of consumer account activity. As the leader in the unit, I function as the liaison to account managers, customers, and internal staff. I work closely with the Vice President and Regional Team Leader to identify client needs. Additionally, in this role I assist and collaborate with 4 Client Service Representatives. My leadership style is collaborative in nature. As a Senior Client Service Representative, I provide guidance and foster the importance of a collegian working environment. I understand and respect the importance of professional autonomy and support opportunities for growth and development.
Good company to work for if you can get hire...Good Luck with that!!!
Corporate Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Enjoyed the work. Wanted to be permanent member. But have to be popular with management. Being a good worker doesn't matter.
Pros
Good with providing meetings (group, site, company) to keep employees informed.
Cons
Hiring within, have to be popular with management, being a good worker doesn't matter.
Ok place
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Mostly fine. There is a lot of change going on some is good. Some is not so good. New management should pause to gain a good understanding of the current state before making judgements.
A well structured place to begin a career with potential to advance.
SR. ACCOUNT ANALYST (US INVESTMENT OPS) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Productive and comfortable work environment, along with the ability to set own flexible hours and schedule. Direct superiors and management always readily available and easy to contact.
Pros
Ability to work in small teams of similar level employment.
Good Company
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 14, 2017
I was promoted in the company from Teller, Head Teller, and Personal Banker. I worked closely with staff to attended to customer's needs. Also helped Tellers prove and order cash for the ATM and branch.
Not bad.
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2017
Its a great place to start your career. If you lack experience, this is a great place to get some. However, a lot of what you learn is extremely specific to BNY. Not a lot of transferrable skills.
Great place to start straight out of college.
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 13, 2017
Good working environment with very friendly people. Perfect example of working under pressure especially when working to meet and beat deadlines. High employee turnover has resulted in increased work load under the same conditions and pay.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks as you try to keep up with time.
This is a great place to work and the people are awesome.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
A typical consist of photocopying, faxing, filing, answering phones and etc. I loved working there it's a great environment, the people were awesome and management is very helpful. I would recommend this company to everyone who desires to work at a bank.
Pros
great people and wonderful atmosphere
Cons
it was a temp position while in high school
Cubical Life
Senior Trade Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
Very interesting working, but not good for my soul. The guy who did the best in this company when we started was amazing. Though he was a geologist....so weird, he kept his head down, no waves and is a VP now. Could give hope to some and scare others.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Quarter end crazy
No job security
Client Liaison Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAAugust 9, 2017
No job security. There are lots of layoff rumors. The managers lack management skills and there is no training offered. Little career development. The work/life balance is good.
Company plagued with Bad Management Culture. Hostile workplace
Infrastructure Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2017
At BNYMellon your entire Career is under the control of one person. Sadly it is NOT you. Your direct Manager is solely responsible for your Performance rating, Educational opportunities, and all other aspects of your employment. Even if you have a good manager who you get along with, they are forced to rate even their best employees lower than actual performance. Lots of turnover due to the prevailing culture there. Low uncompetitive wages and lack of advancement are also present. NO HR help for employees. HR exist only to help the corporation and protect against employees. Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
Lots of Exposure to most technologies
Cons
Management ... you name it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.