BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,762 reviews matching the search
Good benefits
West Coast Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
Decent benefits. Even the family pet had insurance, the time I worked there.
Also, my immediate manager was lenient to my wife's many medical conditions, and getting time off was never a concern for that.
Pros
Benefits Manager
Cons
Location and commute
Organization recognizes some of its issues and is actively working to make it better.
AEM Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
Competitive salary, great benefits packages for both health care and retirement, Many extra optional benefits, such as car/home insurance, legal aid, even pet insurance. Other perks, such as paid holidays, on site medical facility, volunteer opportunities, social groups within the company that you can join that support various health-related issues, the LGBTQ community, etc
Great Atmosphere
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 24, 2017
Worked on the phone taking Stock option and restricted stock calls.
took between 50-80 calls per day.Management was fine, culture was good... The best part was resolving peoples issues.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Stellar
Customer Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJApril 23, 2017
Company (Bank of New York) evolved into a specialized clientele only and reason for dismantling. However, experience and position was wonderful. Never boring, training & managment was excellent. Highly motivating with great benefits.
Historical place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2017
One of the longest-lasting financial institutions in the world is an interesting place to work. The global teams make for a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
Great place to work!
Corporate Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
The culture is really awesome. I honestly love the management, my only issue with BNY is the pay. They can pay employees more than what they currently do.
High volume, Fast paced client services
STOCK OPTIONS CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 21, 2017
The most difficult part of this job was when there were scheduled days that external client companies have deadlines for their corresponding plans to transact business . Back to back calls involving big money all day.
Pros
Regular morning meetings to discuss strategies to offset high volume calls
Cons
breaks were not well coordinated
Productive place to work
Senior Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 20, 2017
Overall great company with great benefits. The culture is what you make of it. I like the managers and the fact that everyone wants to see you succeed
Benefits
Cons
I enjoyed going to work every day
Associate Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 20, 2017
I felt valued and therefore took pride in my work. My job was relocated to a lower cost center or I would still be there. There was room for advancement and management was experienced and capable.
n/a
Accounting Risk and Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2017
I served in three positions within this company during my tenure. It was very interesting to work in different departments getting to learn pieces of the big puzzle.
Not a great place
Fiduciary Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 20, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Management can be better at communications to employees. I worked there for 8 years and was only happy for 3 of them.
Pros
Can't think of any at the moment. Maybe the opportunity for experience.
Cons
Employees are not treated well.
stable workplace but no room for growth
Operation Manager/Junior Due Diligence Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Good Company, Sometimes stressful environment, during my years at the company i have grown professionally and personally. However,
promotions and compensation is minimum
Pros
job stability
Cons
no career growth
A loving fun work place
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2017
This job was a very nice and learning job I learned a whole lot from this job and enjoyed my experience and would love to be recognized in a position of hire soon!
Good Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
Good company to work for with many locations throughout US. The company retains good talent to create a working environment where you are surrounded by talented co-workers.
Department I work in is not consistant or desireable long term job
AIS, Investor Services Representative Senior (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 17, 2017
Not worth the headache. The job was nice to begin with but then management decisions derailed that. It is a job nothing more. Not worth stating long term.
Fun place to work, learned a lot
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 17, 2017
Great atmosphere, good place to get experience in a number of different specialties within fund accounting. Does not pay well, but great place to get experience.
Each Department is an Island
Sr. Manager II (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 14, 2017
No two department collaborate. As a manager I was fighting with my department to get others to do their jobs to make ours easier--to no avail.
At least in my department, management is too timid to make the necessary decisions to move the department forward.
It's a 24/7 contact center in BTS-- hours are horrible for new recruits. I work 4:30p - 1a, Tu - Sa as a Sr. Manager II.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Culture
Classic Work Environment
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2017
BNY Mellon is a very stable company to work for that provides a plethora of benefits including a built-in cafeteria and access to an array of minds willing to teach workers about banking.
Good place to work poor pay
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 12, 2017
Great place to work but poor hours low pay the temps were payed only 13 per hour and only given 20 or less hours . There were no parking for employees and the train service was unreliable.
Pros
good company
Cons
poor pay
Client-focused & Service-driven organization
Corporate Trust Analyst, Client Financial Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Seasoned team with wealth of knowledge and industry leading service. Very challenging and demanding environment that lead to top performance daily with no room for error.
Pros
Company social engagement
Cons
Long path for upward growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval