BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search
Quality Company in transition
VP/Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
BNY Mellon historically has been a good company to work for but is currently in transition due to multiple mergers and acquisitions. Excellent benefit and compensation packages. Little job security and employee loyalty.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
No loyalty to long time emploees
A place to start
Investment Account (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 25, 2016
While there are a lot of good people at BNY, culture from the higher-ups isn't a warm or very positive one. Many managers will avoid looking at you for fear of having to say Hello.
Pros
Easy-going co-workers
Cons
Culture of socially awkward uptightness, salary
A Great Company to Work, with great management
Shareholder Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed the environment provide by BNY Mellon. My Co-workers including management was friendly and knowledgeable of the business.
Pros
Peaceful environment, Benefits
Cons
short breaks, slow advancement
I Learned a Great Deal at BNY Mellon
Senior Conversion Specialist/Dashboard Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2016
Before working for "The Bank," I'd been in management in the Financial Services industry for roughly 11 yrs. Though I had a decade plus of the Financial World in the pocket, The Bank actually taught me the basics. For anyone in the industry, but on the periphery, The Bank has a massive internal learning network and is always ready and willing to provide its internal with industry knowledge and know-how. In addition, there is a wealth of really knowledgeable managers which have been with The Bank for many years.
Pros
Great people, flexible work schedules, knowledge bank
Cons
healthcare benefits
My team and the people I work with are great
Contractor Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 29, 2017
I have been given the chance to work in security which I had not done prior. I have access to upper management through presentation and online meetings I set up with Vendors. With so many different facets within security it has been a challenge keeping up with all of them.
They would like to hire me full time but there are currently no requisitions open in my group for my particular background. They have extended me twice and will do a third time but I really would like to get out of being a contractor.
I enjoy going to work, there is always something new to learn and a new Vendor to deal with.
Pros
Great commute
Cons
Being a contractor
Great People, Not So Great Compensation and Work Environment
OTC Derivatives Support Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 2, 2016
The hours can be a bit long. The pay is below market for similar jobs at other companies. The people you work with makes the job tolerable, but even they can become a bother sometimes. I chalk that up to the frequently demanding nature of the job.
To be honest, there is a lot to learn to the point that you could leverage your experience into other jobs elsewhere. I work with a relatively small team, so you can get your hands into a bit of everything. A warning though: don't stay to long or else you run the risk of being pigeon-holed into a position like this for the rest of your working career.
Don't expect to be happy here.
Document Clerk/Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
My reason for leaving was the lack of enforcement when it came to people who were related working together. They allowed it for several months while I was there. At BNY Mellon, there is a married couple that is and has been working there since I had started. As far as I know they are still there, but other relatives have been fired simply for being related. This company is hypocritical and contradictory.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Management, poor working conditions, dirty, 2 restrooms for over 400 emplyees
Good
Capital Markets Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2016
BNYMellon is a great place to work but can vary greatly from departments. Some areas have very strict guidelines, while others are extremely relaxed atmospheres. They offer competitive benefits and there is alot of opportunity for growth within the bank as a whole, however some groups over very little room for personal growth and development.
Pros
Great benefits
Great Brand name.
Vice President, Enterprise Client Onboarding (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2016
Productive, Good community engagement. Flat Management structure.Great work culture. Limited upward mobility. Very considerate co-workers. Management style disparate.Excellent learning opportunities. Authority does not commensurate with responsibility.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
limited upward mobility
Very dynamic work environment
IT Knowledge Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
MUST BE FLEXIBLE!

Speaking from an IT perspective. Be ready to change any moment of the day. Management is always ready to hear the next big idea. Number one rule... Don't be intimidated! Be self motivated! No one is going to give you anything. You can not work here and expect to "move up" by doing your basic day-to-day.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with conservatives. This is a very conservative company (tenured employees), which means alot of 'red tape'. You must learn to be patient and approach and carry out every situation professionally because you can be on working with that person again down the link. It's also a great life lesson too.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits
Cons
Compensation compared to the market
Life at BNY Mellon
Corporate Trust Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
the work environment is great and is full of very young and highly educated people. The downfall is that BNY fills management position with people who are not experienced within the industry which causes a lack of communication and an understanding of what is actually happening.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
The amount of work and the skills required doesnt match what compensation and benefits should be
If you work hard you will be rewarded at BNYMellon.
Vice President/Department Head (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
I started at BNYMellon as a P&I clerk and with hard work and determination I worked my way up to the Department Head in charge of the physical vault area, Dealers Clearance and Reconciliation departments. If One Wall St had not been put on the market to be sold, I would still be there trying to grow and learn every day. All in all, the managers at BNYM always put the employees first and gave many opportunities to a lot of people.
Pros
Advancement was always prevalent at BNYM.
Cons
Raises got a little skimpy.
Great company to work for
Business Analyst Internship (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2016
AIG is a great company to work for. The salary is very competitive and the it has plenty of growth opportunities. Also you must like working with a lot of different people because the company has so many employees.
Productive and Fun Environment
DATA CONTROL SUPERVISING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 14, 2016
Both professional and fun environment with great people to make you feel at home and integrated in part of the bigger picture. Everyone was accommodating to say the least. Plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
Health Benefits, Matching 401K, Cafeteria, great managers and co-workers alike
Senior Supervisor Financial Reporting (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2016
great company with great benefits. Definitely recommended. It typical day of work depends on the department you work for.
Micromanagement
Shareholder Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 18, 2016
In the call center there is not much room for advancement. Terrible work/life balance, once you get a shift you are stuck with it until you get out of that position.
Good Company
SOPs partner (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 3, 2015
BNY Mellon was a good company to work for. Most of my colleagues were great people and I have built relationships that will go on outside of work. Working at BNY I've learned about investing and the different retirement accounts that are offered out there. My management team was wonderful and encouraged individualism as well as teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the constant updates to mutual fund companies and that was something that was always being updated and you really had to keep up with the new policy that they were rolling out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the balance that was given for work/personal life.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
compensation
working at BNY
Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2017
BNY does not pay well at all. a senior trust admin makes less than $40,000. In order to receive any promotion you have to fall into the politic with the managers. if they don't like you, good luck on getting promoted.
Pros
always having a party, food is always available
Cons
managers sucks, pay suck and room for growth unless one of the position come avail if someone retires or quit.
Fast paced and fantastic people to work with.
Trade Risk Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
I worked in Sales in the Secondary Market. I learned to be a great multitasker. Management is always there to give you rewards when you go the extra mile. Co-workers work with you and independently . Hardest part of the job is waiting for the counterparty to confirm the agreement to the loan. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with counterparties from all over the globe.
Pros
You are recognized for your achievements.
confusion of leadership
Client Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2016
BNY Mellon does not know what to do with its Investment Management Unit. In the year and a half that I worked for BNY Mellon as a contractor I saw 7 members of the executive staff quit or be fired.
Cons
They hire too many temps, which speaks to the business structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.