BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,945 reviews matching the search
Very relaxed and fun workplacr
Securities Processor Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work is reconciling and then trading sporadically throughout the day. Since I am higher up I have to reconcile all of our dividends within the full department.
Customer Focused
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2017
BNY Mellon is a great place to work as the people are dedicated to servicing the clients. Leadership is always looking for ways to improve and grow in a competitive market.
Mix of archaic legacy practices/ software with lots of innovative teams
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 8, 2017
Lots of room for growth. They work hard to train and grow talent.

The company has a pretty old population. Not a lot of younger people, out of the thousand or whatever people in the building every millennial probably knows each other personally. Th culture is that you get your work done by the deadline. Whether that is 60 hours or 20, as long as it's done not much else matters. So there are cycles of high stress and weeks where no one is in the office because nothing needs to be done.

The company is very large and global though, so communication can be difficult. A lot of the technology there is very out of date, mostly communication is done through email and lync. So a lot of people duplicate work, step on each others toes, etc.
Typical financial instution environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
o Recruiter for occupational and management positions.
o How to evaluate and assess the skillset of potential candidates.
o Stressful environment.
o Pleasing clients.
o Pleasing clients.
Opportunities
OFAC (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYAugust 6, 2017
There are opportunities for advancement with the company if you know the right people. Sometimes the rules don't apply to some people and the people with suffer for it.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Not paid enough
great place to work at
Senior Rep. / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYAugust 6, 2017
people are very nice. work was inertesting and fun to learn. company was good to the employees. I learn a lot about the banking for accounts payable and accounts recievable
friendly work culture
Derivatives Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2017
The company has a great culture. managers are very nice and helpful.Great health care and 401k plan. flexiable work schedule, you will be able to work from home. pay is below the industry average.
bank
CORPORATE TRUST ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 5, 2017
ok place to work, raises suck. work load is too much for very little pay. lots of work politics going on can be stressful. lots of employee engagement commitees
Large Company
Vice President- Regulatory Management Department (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 4, 2017
The stated culture at this company was very good, however, depending on the location, this culture was not often felt or encouraged at the employee level.

The collaborative working environment in my department was excellent.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with many conflicting priorities with an extremely lean staff.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No room for progression
Fast Paced work enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 4, 2017
I feel BNY Mellon is an excellent place to grow your career! I would definitely recommend employment here to a friend seeking new challenges in their career.
Job Review
Associate Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
Based upon job title would depend on roles performed. As a Client Services Manager, there were high levels of stressful situations. The job title called for many hours including late nights/early mornings. The training for the role I was in could have been better as I felt in my case, I wasn't given sufficient training for guidelines. The managers were good at providing one-on-one sessions, but as to learning certain situations, sometimes it felt as if questions weren't encouraged or answered in an according manner
Pros
Corporate Trust experience
Cons
The amount of hours per work week could be excessive and highly stressful
Work Life Balance
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
Taking notes from immediate supervisor. Taking Minutes at meetings. I have learnt to work long hours under stress.

I have gained speed in preparation of work. I have learnt to work and live in an international environment. I enjoyed the challenge of a new world and new work culture.

I learnt to multi task between school and work and yet found time to relax.
Pros
Relaxed company with other colleagues
Cons
It took me a long time to adjust to no sleep and yet remain efficient.
nice employees
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2017
work was always productive I've learned a lot about accounts payable at BNY Mellon. all of the managers I have had were very nice. I made some very nice people there very relaxed place to work
Intermediate Rep.
Sr. Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
The job had high volumes at times that were unrealistic given the resources available. This often causes people to rob form their personal lives to complete the work.
BNY Mellon
AML Surveillance - Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at work is usually busy, working with my team on our various reports. At BNY Mellon, I have learned the importance of teamwork, but also how to be confident in my work. Management depends on the department, but I learned something from each management group I worked under. Regarding workplace culture, it is an old bank with old ways. I believe the company is slowly progressing as they favor technology jobs. The hardest part of my job is depending upon others in order to complete a task. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with other people, investigating wires and transactions and constantly learning.
Working with clients was rewarding; the benefits were excellent
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  One Wall Street 23rd Fl, New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Bank of New York. During my time there, I grew both professionally and personally. i was able to advance my career due, in part, to my mentors and the training opportunities afforded me.
Pros
Career advancement, leadership and training programs, profit sharing plan
Cons
Long commute
Great to Work For.
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 31, 2017
A wonderful place of employment. Great atmosphere and friendly, helpful co-workers. Job location in Beachwood, OH is easily to get to and has free parking.
Working at bnym
Assistant Controller, Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
Over the short stint of time I was employed at BNYM, I learned quite a lot, and I was given the opportunity to utilize what I have learned over the years. Which has assisted me tremendously in my last role. My day was busy, but not frantic. In my last role I particularly enjoyed managing employees. Sometimes one does not know how they would handle certain situations, until it arises, and you do well. This gave a boost in my career, along with conflict resolution. Overall enjoyed working there and I met great people.
Pros
Opportunity to advance and learn
Cons
Underpayment and culture issues
don't work in the mail room
Module Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2017
Module Processor - I oversaw handling sensitive checks and cash. I deposited that amount into the correct accounts. Processing the correct check and documentation for that check to the correct account.
Pros
cool co workers
Cons
horrible in every other department
QA/BA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work for in the great city. Got an opportunity to learn various aspects of Banking.I Learnt a lot about Banking and trading softwares.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval