BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,762 reviews matching the search
work environment
Vice President, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
As an employee over 25 years for the bank, I have seen changes that will affect future performance of the company. Gone are the days of staff that really care about the company and their success. It has become so much of a - I only do my job - environment, I am concerned about the long term affects of this new environment.
Not good to contractors
Corporate Actions Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Contractors make very little. Less than the interns. Nobody seems to like working there very much. Decent job security it seems, but there was a reduction in the workforce of some senior members.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
Frustrated workers.
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2017
Job is very demanding. Most enjoyable part is the people you work with. Never a dull moment. Just wished there were more opportunities to advance within departments.
Good benefits, low pay
Senior Tax Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2017
Low motivated employees due to poor incentives. A culture built on protecting yourself and doing minimal work while pushing responsibility on to other. Good place to work for a short time, not a great place to pursue a career.
Benefits
Cons
Low salary
BNY Mellon has as great job culture
AP Support Rep (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 8, 2017
BNY Mellon is a prestigious company merged from the oldest bank in America established by a founding father, it is also from the roots of an industrial era giant.

The job culture is awesome, both companies were a great compliment of each other and working to be the best in the future but never forget their roots.
Pros
strong company culture
What you would expect from a large, global company
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2017
For the right candidate, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement but some internal employees do get lost in the shuffle
There is a lot of high level mgt in the firm, with not enough middle tier employees
Like any big company, they do offer a lot of good resource programs for their internal workforce but the internal communication and partnership among departments is non-existant
Did not like this work experience
Lockbox Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
I worked here for 3 years and knew every position within my department. From the time I started working until the day I left I only had a .12 difference in my pay.This job taught me a lot about what to look for in an employer durning the interview process in regards to the type of work enviroment that I am looking for. I was not able to move to other positions within the bank and felt like I was cheated out of opportunity to better myself.
Great place to work!
DBA Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
First job in a long time that there was a balance between work and family. Family was always first! Great management team and was able to learn from them to improve my management skills. Fast paced and always exciting!
Productive and fun workplace with Yoga classes held each week.
Client Service Analyst III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
However a typical day consisted of reviewing and preparing client reporting. Verifying collateral and loans outstanding.

I've learned that if a clients loans were not recalled in time, the employer would be held responsible for payments.

I worked with a great management team.

The workplace culture was very diverse.

The hardest part of the job, was learning what the Relationship Managers and Traders wanted on a daily basis. Once you knew .

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to go home each night knowing you did your best.
Pros
They would provide lunch during bad weather.
Great Experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 5, 2017
I learned a lot while working for BNY Mellon. After working here I learned how to become a better accountant and the skills I learned at my job allowed me to better my accounting skills for my own personal finances.
Pofessional workplacw
Vice President Global Settllements (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 5, 2017
Good work group and team building. Performance based compensation with a focus on out performing Client expectations in the completion of all foreign exchange and international custody trading.
Secure, steady and challenging.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2017
BNY Mellon is a great company to work for if you value job security and the opportunity for advancement! The work can be challenging but if you are willing to work hard, you can advance in the company, as many have.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
Bank of New York Mellon is the implementation partner with Ginnie Mae. Ginnie Mae stands for Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA) operates as an agency of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. It buys home mortgages from the financial institutions that made these loans and groups them into pools of $1 million or more. Ginnie Mae either keeps these pools to sell directly to investors or sells the pools to mortgage bankers and other institutions, which market them to investors.
Reduction of staff to streamline processes.
Team Lead, Operations Chicago Unit (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
Streamlined processes but continued to hire additional hire-ups to continue relocation of work to lower income areas. Large movement of actions take place overseas and can be difficult to connect with fellow employees when client concerns occur.
Pros
healthcare provided
Cons
work life balance is not applied to all
Completely uninteresting and misleading
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 5, 2017
The management is not forthright with employees especially as acquisitons occur. Employee compensation and benefits are lowest level of 'beneficial.' Very high payroll deduction cost health plans are offered that require extreely high out of pocket expenses before a insurance kicks in. No employee perks except for spring time ice cream day. Working for a bank does not provide mch incentive to want to remain with the organization other than the fact that it is better than not being employed at all.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
where do I begin?
Fund Accounting Analyst
Fund Accountant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 4, 2017
Good benefit, limited growth in asset servicing business,

401k matches 6%, the pension plan is gone, most manager don't leave which is tough for growth
BNY is a wonderful family oriented Company.
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2017
I truly enjoyed every moment of my 16 years of working for BNY Mellon they promotes self growth and is one of the most family
oriented based company I've ever worked for. A typical day at work for me was fulfilling, I had a variety of responsibilities which includes reconciling loans, assisted Lenders, Investors and the Small Business Administration with there inquires via email, phone and fax. I learned all aspect of the departments responsibilities and together we worked together to have a fluent, professional, and face paced call center/customer relations department.
Management was also very supportive toward helping us to build and learn in as effort to keep the staff happy and the customers. I would have to say the hardest part of the job for some would be the ability not to work in a fast paced environment, and the most enjoyable part is working with wonderful coworkers and management.
Pros
There eagerness to promote growth.
Loved working for the Bank
Customer Service Representative- April (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 4, 2017
This is one of the best companies i have ever worked for. The valued their employees, they gave raises, they had contest to help moral, they had good christmas parties. Just an overall good company to work for and I wish they did not sell their shareowner services to Computershare.
Pros
Everything. 2 15 mins breaks, 30 min lunch, raises every year.
Great Job
Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Structured Finance is an interesting field. Job training was provided to ensure the proper handling of investment accounts and portfolios. Relationship managers are very demanding and require accurate work.
Pros
Always learning.
Cons
stressful at times
do not work here
Module Processor II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2017
the people here were very petty and very childish,, they dislike anybody who wants to better themselves and hated the next person that was prettier than them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.