BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,420 reviews matching the search
Great Brand name.
Vice President, Enterprise Client Onboarding (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2016
Productive, Good community engagement. Flat Management structure.Great work culture. Limited upward mobility. Very considerate co-workers. Management style disparate.Excellent learning opportunities. Authority does not commensurate with responsibility.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
limited upward mobility
Taken over by Chase.
Assistant Branch/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
No comment. I have not worked there in 10 years. They got out of the retail sector because they were not good at it. They were not willing to make the necessary investment to be successful. The CEO at that time has since passed away so I can't approve of the current CEO.
Productive Place of Business
Senior Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYDecember 1, 2016
The best thing about this job is the challenges and you are kept busy, no need to watch the clock. Has a very detailed training program. I was part of the class when 911 occurred and was taken out of training after 2 weeks and put right to work. Allowing me to get on the job training and did not have to return to class training.
Never had a job
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYNovember 28, 2016
Never had a permanent job as I was only in training for six months and still never got a permanent job after that. Training was hard but very knowledgeable
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Was only in training
Wonderful Work Environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2016
Definitely a second family atmosphere. Supportive management and helpful colleagues, locally, nationally, and internationally. Cross training and online learning/continuing education keeps employees motivated.
My Review of Mellon
Financial Reporting Senior (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 23, 2016
Onboarding was done incorrectly. There was no one to train me for 4 months. I kept asking if I could help anyone, sometimes they had work, sometimes they did not. After four months began to be more involved. Still did not get the proper training.
Pros
Lunch, life balance
Cons
Onboarding, training
Excellent groups to work for ay BNY, but your mileage may vary.
Vice President, Director of Financial Reporting (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2016
BNY is a very large company. The groups vary greatly in management goals and style. Each individual's mileage may vary. I have met some very amazing people in my time at BNY and am thankful for all i have learned in my time there.
Great company to work for entry level position
Shareholder Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 19, 2016
we will learn a lot about the financial world and work with great people but there are not a lot of opportunities to growth within the company.best advice learn as much as you can
Pros
you will be learning a lot about the financial world
Cons
no advancement
Resilient, innovative and productive
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
Fast-paced enhancing my agility and bringing to the surface skills I was unaware I possessed. I did not enter the organization playing the Acoustic Guitar, Keyboard and Producing Music. My gifts and latent talents were brought out and developed during my employment.

I've done Administrative Assistant work for over 20 years in various industries and I believe it's time to use my natural gifts and talents and work in an industry where I can be of service to Humanity.
Pros
Excellent Salary/Benefits
Cons
Technological Glitches
Banking industry
Check Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2016
My day was dealing with checks coming from every banks. I learned how the banking system operate and to minimize risks concerning decision making on the checks.
Good Place To Work
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Good place to begin a career. The hands-on training is completed very well by the organization. Additionally, the environment is fairly laid-back for a bank.
Productive and friendly environment
mpf clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2016
You can come in to work and people will greet you with a good morning and smile and tell you to have a good day. They also help you when you have questions.
Pros
overtime
Cons
not fully organized
BNY Mellon
Corporate Trust - Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
Employees are not paid enough. They go above and beyond and their work is usually met with just praise and not enough monetary rewards. This provides a lack if incentive.
Official informations and privacy rules..
Banking Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYNovember 13, 2016
Talking customers about their monetary progressions and declinations. I learned that banking hours have no variance for life's mishaps. The hardest part of the job is keeping a schedule that is permitting..Talking to people who get approved by the bank for monetary gain.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Short catered lunch times
Great company to work for. Offered opportunites for growth.
Senior Analyst Eagle Operations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. This company recognized and fostered individual strength and encouraged growth for it's employees.
Feels Like High School
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany NYNovember 12, 2016
If your looking for a job that will take you back to cliques of high school BNYM is the place for you. Hours are sometimes flexible.
workers are ok but management is not
Senior Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2016
Low compensation, no job security and hard to advance. You can work hard but little recognition only good thing is coworkers
This is a large Large bank
Banking Operations Supervisor/Operations Utility (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
This is a large bank they had five Branch offices in Los Angeles and were in business for over 25 years , unfortunately in 2008 the bank decided to merge with US Bank corporation and sold the business to them. 321 employees were laid off with a package
Balance
FMTS OPERATIONS SECTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2016
Nice company but when it comes to advancement at times it is not all what it seems. Work force has become more of do with less associates, but have more work. Expectations take over a normal working day.
Pros
Benefits, LiveWell Center
Cons
Long days, weekend OT
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
BNY Mellon was a great place to work I have learned a lot from management and working with the CEO has given great exposure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.