BNY Mellon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,228 reviews matching the search
My particular project was not well managed
Business analyst/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
BNYMellon overall is a good company if you are fortunate to work for the right groups. I was not fortunate. I was working for a terrible and ill prepared group. Our managers were extremely behind schedule and did not have basic things in place like onboarding. it was pure chaos at times. but the irony is that while meeting others who worked for the bank on different projects whose experiences were the polar opposite. My question has always been why does a company like that overlook bad management?
Pros
very stable company
Cons
management
Not big on employee perks
Senior Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2016
Nothing is free- hence all vending machines on all floors- no free lunches- no bonuses for lower level employees.
I like my co-workers but mgmt does not lay a career path for anyone who works in an administrative capacity. Too many employees and so much waste.
Cons
No Employee Perks- Not even free coffee
I Learned a Great Deal at BNY Mellon
Senior Conversion Specialist/Dashboard Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2016
Before working for "The Bank," I'd been in management in the Financial Services industry for roughly 11 yrs. Though I had a decade plus of the Financial World in the pocket, The Bank actually taught me the basics. For anyone in the industry, but on the periphery, The Bank has a massive internal learning network and is always ready and willing to provide its internal with industry knowledge and know-how. In addition, there is a wealth of really knowledgeable managers which have been with The Bank for many years.
Pros
Great people, flexible work schedules, knowledge bank
Cons
healthcare benefits
Solid Company
Operational Risk Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
Provided an opportunity to develop skills that hopefully will lead to future growth and advancement. Culture changes are coming...
Cons
Great place with nice people
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
BNY Mellon is an amazing place to work. It creates a very good live work balance that is hard to find. It has provided me with extremely valuable business insight.
Wonderful company to work for.
Project Specialist Sr (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 3, 2016
BNYM is a wonderful company to work for. Typical day is fast pasted, deadlines to be met.
I have learned when you give 100%, have the right attitude, your gifts / skills will make room for you.
Great benefits and working environment.
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Project / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 1, 2016
 Managed several component projects for a large program replacing legacy software with new systems.
 Developed a comprehensive software deployment planning process that encompassed all business and IT tasks required from to be ready for launch and execute successful software releases.
 Mitigated program risks through the implementation of a change management office, plan and management routines collaboratively and comprehensively with every corporate department.
▪ Simultaneously managing multiple agile teams (tracks) to deliver projects within a program to replace the planning and guidance tools available to investors to set goals and manage investment portfolios. This position requires mature project management skills, as well as the ability to orchestrate large agile teams using Fidelity’s agile methods and tools within a program of agile teams
▪ Successful end-end project/program management of around 5 projects (value $6.5 million) ranging from 3000 - 5000 Hours each
Tight Schedule
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 1, 2016
We worked as call center representatives so there was little time to communicate with colleagues. Learned much about communicated with people via telephone and handling confidential information.
Pros
dependable
Cons
short breaks
Day at Work
Sr. Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. Had a very diversified group who worked well together.

The hardest part of the job was the constant changing, switching and dividing of the departments
Pros
Flexible Work Arrangments, Able to purchase vacation days
Cons
Job stability and Health care expense and choices
Very laid back environment.
Business Project Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2016
Very laid back environment, but the amount security guards is absurd. I think this place can do it without having a sniffing dogs in the place.
Unsustainable lack of work/life balance
NAV Operations Senior Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 29, 2016
Daily overtime work. Go in early, stay late, work weekends, get asked to work more more more. A handful of people carry the majority of the workload for the group that I have had experience working with. Extreme lack of management.
N/a
Associate Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
BNY Mellon is a great place to work at and it is very flexible. I have learned the complex sturctured financial product of CDOs.
This company was one of the best jobs with caring staff.
Senior Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed the fact that my responsibilities were accounts assigned to me to monitor and process with guidelines and bank policies. The learning was always updated and open to all.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Production Department
Treasury Services/Reconcilement/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Deadline driven customer oriented department. Handle all questions and respond according to each individual client. Meet department deadlines on a daily basis.
Good People to work with
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2016
The staff works hard to maintain the culture of the Bank from years ago and thats a good thing. The culture is changing towards the Mellon model.
Pros
Staff from BNY
Not what I expected of a Wall Street firm
Global Corporate Actions Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
This company would be a great place to work for if only the pay was slightly more competitive. Also, the lack of cohesion amongst departments as well as employee value from management was at times disheartening.
Pros
Company culture, work/life balance.
Cons
Inadequate management, mediocre salary.
Siloed and Slow
Fund Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 23, 2016
Be careful to follow procedure and cover your butt. Blame can be passed quickly when a mistake occurs. Work life balance here is awesome and they are extremely accommodating as long as you put forth some effort as well.
Pros
Good Benefits
Good environment to work in
Money Transfer Processor (Current Employee) –  Downtown, PAFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work busy getting things done in a timely matter,learn new things everyday. s needs. Most enjoyable part is when management realize good job team has done
Pros
Vacation, Healthcare, Friendly people
Cons
short breaks
Toxic culture
VP, Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Too many changes and layoffs occurring in Asset Management. Not a clear strategy and direction from the leadership team. The best people left. Very difficult place to attract talent.
If you work hard you will be rewarded at BNYMellon.
Vice President/Department Head (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
I started at BNYMellon as a P&I clerk and with hard work and determination I worked my way up to the Department Head in charge of the physical vault area, Dealers Clearance and Reconciliation departments. If One Wall St had not been put on the market to be sold, I would still be there trying to grow and learn every day. All in all, the managers at BNYM always put the employees first and gave many opportunities to a lot of people.
Pros
Advancement was always prevalent at BNYM.
Cons
Raises got a little skimpy.