BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,760 reviews matching the search
Great place to work.
ATM Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2017
They promote within and kept you involved with all changes. Customer service was stressed with internal and external customers. You are rewarded for your job performance. Great place to work!
I feel that the company is no longer having a care for their employees
Sr. Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2017
Management does not inform staff. people really just stay to themselves. being able to go in and just do your job. Management does not have a clue on your job duties.
Cons
management does not talk to staff
Loved this job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJMarch 28, 2017
A very past paced job but I loved working here. Gained a lot of experience from co workers and supervisors. Lovely people and we worked as a team! Very sad it had to relocate to another state and I couldn't follow.
Very lenient, relax work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2017
A typical work day includes checking about 30 plus funds. Making sure we analyze and review any potential issues. It's a very relaxed work place yet fast paced.
Professional, friendly, calm environment
Tax documentation specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2017
Amazing company to work for. It is a highly professional yet relaxed atmosphere. Great benefits, vacation time and stock options. A perfect place to start a new career
Great learning stop
Trade Analyst III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
Great Workers, management structure is moving away from NYC. I truly had great bosses and I learned a tremendous amount of life skill under their wings.
Productive, fun place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 27, 2017
Productive, great culture and fun place to work. Nice team mates who help each other in daily and monthly routine tasks. Would recommend others to work here.
Excellent place to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
As a contractor I found the Bank of New York to be the last of the 'old world' culture. They maintain personnel for many years and largely hired from within. Work hours were early (7:30 to 4:30) but this allowed for a high quality of life outside of the office. I would welcome the opportunity to work for Bank of New York Mellon again.
Very disorganized company
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2017
The company is very disorganized. It is also unprofessional. There is not a lot of upward growth. After a while, I kept my ideas to myself. It is not a place to build a career.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
no coffee
Productive Workplace
Client Delivery Service - Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
Good place to start career. Very diverse and culture driven. Compensation is at industry standard. Solid benefits, training, work life balance, and organizational support.
Pros
Strong culture, diverse, training and large corporation
Cons
Compensation
I like the culture of the company
Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2017
I like the culture. People are friendly and helpful. The job is repetitive so it gets boring. The most enjoyable part is the co workers. I learn time management and meting deadlines. Day to day we do transfers, checks, wires, etc.
Great company to work for. Great benefits package and 401K package
DERIVATIVES LIAISON I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2017
I absolutely loved working at BNY Mellon for over twelve years! The work environment was a busy, challenging, deadline driven work environment that I couldn't get enough of. I learned so much during my time at BNY Mellon, too much to put into words. This company is an amazing company to work for. Filled with lots of opportunities for growth and to learn new things.
Pros
benefits package, diversity classes, CPR classes, Yoga classes, mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement.. and many more!
Cons
Great enviornment with awesome co-workers and work life balnce.
Chief Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2017
No day is the same in my current role which I like.

Management is always changing as BNY Mellon likes to reorg, this can be very frustrating.

The work life balance is amazing, I have co-workers all over the world and this means I don't need to be in the off every day as more often then not, I'm on the phone with someone in a different city.

Women In Technology and Lean In are great programs that the company offers and encourages participation in.
Pros
Work life balance is amazing, I work from home 3 days a week and can more if needed.
Cons
Hard to see the long term vision as the company reorganizes too often
solid job
Pershing Advisor Solutions (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2017
Pay is average. Teams are fun. Bonuses are a joke. It's all about numbers here. Hard work is not always noticed and often slips through the cracks. Been here 3 years and have never been given a raise or bonus despite crushing the output of other team members.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMarch 16, 2017
I learned a lot from this company. The management made you feel significant when you were working hard. There was a balance between school and job. Offered benefits including tuition reimbursements.
Great place to work!
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work! The people are fantastic. I learned so much in my time there and got great experience in the Securities Industry, Custodian Banking, Mutual Funds, and Investment Management. Great tuition reimbursement too - BNYM paid for my advanced degree (MBA).
Good work place
Operation/Micro Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2017
Good Company to work for. Good Benefits. Good people to work with. Good Managers and Supervisors. Growth and Achievement with this company. You can learn.
Pros
Holiday luncheons
Cons
traveling in bad weather.
Overall good work environment filled with great people
Trust Document Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2017
Great work environment as employees really work as a team and management gets highly involved as well
Compensation is fair
Vacation package is not the best
Benefits are good
Not very employee friendly.
Operations Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2017
The Bank of New York could use a few courses in employee appreciation. The Document Custody line of business specifically does not pay well, and the employee turnover is extremely high.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Opportunities for advancement and ability to set yourself apart.
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 14, 2017
Management staff is willing to let employees take the wheel and pilot their own projects and initiatives. Opportunities for advancement preset. Job culture and peers are very good.
Pros
good management staff
Cons
weird hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.