BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,949 reviews matching the search
Great to Work For.
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 31, 2017
A wonderful place of employment. Great atmosphere and friendly, helpful co-workers. Job location in Beachwood, OH is easily to get to and has free parking.
Working at bnym
Assistant Controller, Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
Over the short stint of time I was employed at BNYM, I learned quite a lot, and I was given the opportunity to utilize what I have learned over the years. Which has assisted me tremendously in my last role. My day was busy, but not frantic. In my last role I particularly enjoyed managing employees. Sometimes one does not know how they would handle certain situations, until it arises, and you do well. This gave a boost in my career, along with conflict resolution. Overall enjoyed working there and I met great people.
Pros
Opportunity to advance and learn
Cons
Underpayment and culture issues
don't work in the mail room
Module Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2017
Module Processor - I oversaw handling sensitive checks and cash. I deposited that amount into the correct accounts. Processing the correct check and documentation for that check to the correct account.
Pros
cool co workers
Cons
horrible in every other department
QA/BA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work for in the great city. Got an opportunity to learn various aspects of Banking.I Learnt a lot about Banking and trading softwares.
Gained Valuable Experience
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 27, 2017
Really loved my time at BNY Mellon. The atmosphere was very balanced. Professional yet relaxed with plenty of room to grow and move around in the company.
Fun workplace with fast pased expectations
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2017
A structured environment well run and easy to work for. Be prepared for a professional workplace that constantly tracks your productivity and rates you quarterly. Your job depends on the ratings.
Pros
Fun crew, easy to learn job, 3 shifts so its flexable
Cons
Productivity is the key. Work fast and accurate or go home. Also, uncompfortable cubicles, omfortable "cubicles"
Enjoyed working there.
Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2017
Company was an LLC owned by Chase/Mellon and the purchased by Mellon with merged with BNY. This company(llc) was sold ATS. It was a definitely a fun place to work.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Not to bad
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Very diverse company, work environment is a little to thick. Some areas are better then some.Working with other employees on different levels were great.
average
AIS Fund Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 24, 2017
same old same old each year. no job advancement at the company. there is no movement internally. Managers have been in the same position forever which hurts advancement.
Pros
stress free
Cons
bad management
Terrible management and work environment
Data Entry Operator III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2017
I worked here about two years ago, the work was fine. It was simple enough however the night management was terrible. Made for a hostile work environment. Also, the rules were too demanding of workers. Forced overtime.

Want to know more about BNY Mellon?

Ask a question
decent work environment, lots of room for growth
Senior Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2017
Management team is decent to work for. Challenging, high-paced customer service position with a lot of moving parts. Workplace culture is varying depending on position and department, so I can't speak for the entire company.
BNY is family orientated
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 23, 2017
I really love working at BNY. The only reason I am considering leaving is due to the pay being so low. I am a single mom so I need at least 29,000 a year.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Salary
Relaxed stress free enviroment
Intermediate Representative, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2017
Salaries and pay increases do not keep up with cost of living. Relaxed environment and are making strides to be able to work from home on a daily basis. Depending on position and location it can be a laid back but get work done environment.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
Pay raises very low
Laid Back Atmosphere
Corporate Actions Middle Office Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2017
Deadline driven working environment. A lot of independent work can be done at your own pace. Very team oriented. Company does not really help you to advance and seems to be a lack of strong management.
My Opinion of BNYM
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Overall, BNYM is not a bad place to work. It is a major global corporation, the first bank in the US. They offer decent benefits, health insurance, dental, life insurance, and a 401k plan. However, many things can be improved as good programs that were available to employees in the past have been reduced or eliminated. Employees could benefit from better health insurance plans as the options are very limited and offer extremely high deductibles. The salaries are not competitive compared to other companies in the same industry. It can be somewhat difficult to move internally within the company, at times they hire externally instead of promoting their own employees. Even though they have tried to make many improvements over the years there are still great disparities in salaries with employees doing the same functions and their salaries on opposite ends of the spectrum.
Pros
life insurance, discounts, locations
Cons
health insurance, salaries
Competitive place to work can be stressful at times
Sr. Business Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work can sometimes be spontaneous, a lot of one off requests can come through on a particular day and at times there is no training or structured process to walk an individual through these particular requests. BNY Mellon should work more on providing adequate training for its employees; both day to day as well as overall high-level. Mandatory professional mentorship programs should be offered to employees to receive guidance on career advancement and professional career choices; as well as open opportunities for career transfers.
Pros
Good medical benefits, work from home opportunites
Good people
Sr. Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Good people, and it was good work. It was a great band of people to work with, I had a great time there. They are big on work, life balance and care about you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Commute
Not enough trainning, restructuring of job titles
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2017
During my employment I was not given much training, there were no training documents I could use as reference, and there was a restructure of job titles which changed the position I was hired for in a way that looks to other companies like a demotion.
the only way to do enjoy your job is to love what you do
Senior Corporate Trust Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
While employed with The Bank of New York Mellon I had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of CDO and to advance. Management took great pride to help employees achieve their best.
Typical corporate location.
Money Transfer / Trade Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2017
Once in a position, not much mobility. Was moved 4 times in department to learn whole area over a 3 year period. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians working.
Pros
Medical benefits.
Cons
Work was typical for a bank. They wanted to steal everyone's money eventually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.