BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 1,417 reviews matching the search
Good for all
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2016
Incredibly good company with healthy enterprise culture.
The life work balance can fit most people.
A very young and active financial company owns its cutting edge technologies.
Interesting Assignment
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 7, 2016
I was at BNY Mellon on contractual basis. They have a job portal, and I don't know their process of selection, because I have been using their portal for quite a few years, and just received 2 interviews. Their work culture is also radically different from JP or DB or BoA. Pretty relaxed, though there does not seem to be an urgency to get work done.
Bny Mellon
Funds Transfer Payment Processor (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Depending on which department, a regular day can be very stressful. I worked in Funds Transfer and it took a lot out of me to finished on time. The co-workers are generally very sweet and good to work with. depending on who works with you management can be a little difficult.
I Learned a Great Deal at BNY Mellon
Senior Conversion Specialist/Dashboard Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2016
Before working for "The Bank," I'd been in management in the Financial Services industry for roughly 11 yrs. Though I had a decade plus of the Financial World in the pocket, The Bank actually taught me the basics. For anyone in the industry, but on the periphery, The Bank has a massive internal learning network and is always ready and willing to provide its internal with industry knowledge and know-how. In addition, there is a wealth of really knowledgeable managers which have been with The Bank for many years.
Pros
Great people, flexible work schedules, knowledge bank
Cons
healthcare benefits
ok company
Fund Administration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2016
This company is good company for people who just graduated from college. Low salary but good to use as a stepping stone if you have no finance experiences.
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
low salary
Call Center
BTS Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Bny Mellon is a very busy and productive call center. The company offers pay time off, vacation time, as well as benefits.
benefits
Cons
overwhelming
Just Average
Vice President - Asset and Liability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2016
Nice that 401k contributions are vested immediately, but overall compensation is below industry standards. They are trying to hire more in the Pittsburgh area to lower compensation costs.
Good place to learn about Mutual Funds
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2017
As a Project Manager, your days vary. One day you maybe working on an ongoing assignment, then next day you are asked to handle a different assignment. You do have deadlines for specific assignments, others may just pop up and need to be handled immediately. Sometimes there are issues where there is no one available to escalate and you have to make the call. I learned a lot about Risk and Compliance and enjoyed it.
Pros
Several training programs
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth
Below par management
Investment Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 14, 2017
Terrible management, no experience in leadership, very uneducated. Sharp millennials are very threatening to them.
Na
Senior Project Manager/ Business Analyst - VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Loved to work with people. Had a great team. My manager was very good. Overall environment not so great. A lot of politics
Good work life balance
VP, AIS Implementation & Strategic Project manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2016
Standard bank platform with a conservative approach. Provides a good work life balance but requires more support in placing the right people in the right seats.
Employees
Complex Accounting (Current Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 19, 2016
Co workers are nice and willing to help with any questions. Management is always there to help you with difficult procedures
Growth Potential
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJOctober 10, 2016
Starting out as a teller I was able to work my way up to assistant head teller. The growth potential was there with time and effort, as well as gaining licenses needed to perform platform duties.
Pros
growth
Cons
salary
The Finance sector provides insight and experience regarding business security.
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15262March 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves data entry into various financial systems to set-up and monitor loan agreements. With a career background primarily in public service and nonprofit sectors, I learned many aspects of the finance industry with heightened emphasis on risk and financial management.
Pros
Motivated to exercise more attention to detail, accuracy, and security
Cons
Not priority area of career interest, Job functions routine, Advancement and learning limited to role
Very international work enviroment great coworkers
Securities Settlement Processor I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
The coworkers are great and help make a very family like friendly environment. The work is very challenging and always changing to keep up with technology.
Pros
Great extra benefits
Cons
healthcare and 401K
Work life balance is very good
SCM Build and Release Manager (Current Employee) –  BNY MellonJune 27, 2016
Work culture is very good.
Opportunity to learn new techniques
working in onshore and offshore model.
Exposure to interact with Clients and Senior Management.
Productive work environment
Client Service Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2016
I work in a productive work environment where everyone shares ideas for improvement. Management puts high enfaces on client service, innovation and revenue generation.
Pros
We may work from home once per week.
Cons
It takes 4 hours commuting time in total to and from work..
Productive & very relaxing workplace
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2016
Very productive workplace, great environment. Managers listen to your problems and concerns. Great benefits and plenty of opportunities there.
Team concept
Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 9, 2016
A great company to work for with opportunities for career and educational advancement. I worked for BNY Mellon for 22 years through several mergers, but due to economic down-turns, I was laid-off.
Pros
Tuition reimburstment
Cons
Uncertaintee
First Job at BNY Mellon
Financial Modeler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
This is my first job in my career. I feel extremely lucky to have a wonderful manager with superior management skill. BNY is a typical global company that everyone works collaboratively. I love my first job very much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.