BNY Mellon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search
Excellent Growth
Security Command Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2016
Best place for growth of knowledge. There are excellent individuals in management that want to see diversity and growth. There is also a need for goal orientated individuals.
Pros
Learning and training
Not a good place to work
VP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2016
Run away from this company. Resources are viewed as commodities to be discarded like last weeks newspaper so management can get their exorbitant perks!
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor benefits, no job security, poor senior management
Life at BNY Mellon
Corporate Trust Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
the work environment is great and is full of very young and highly educated people. The downfall is that BNY fills management position with people who are not experienced within the industry which causes a lack of communication and an understanding of what is actually happening.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
The amount of work and the skills required doesnt match what compensation and benefits should be
BNYM has a large number of opportunties ranging in a wide variety of fields.
Credit Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2016
Workload will vary depending on which department. Management is good, however, there can sometimes be lack of direction.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunity
The Finance sector provides insight and experience regarding business security.
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15262March 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves data entry into various financial systems to set-up and monitor loan agreements. With a career background primarily in public service and nonprofit sectors, I learned many aspects of the finance industry with heightened emphasis on risk and financial management.
Pros
Motivated to exercise more attention to detail, accuracy, and security
Cons
Not priority area of career interest, Job functions routine, Advancement and learning limited to role
Fun Workplace
Senior Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. My co-workers assisted me with my training and we work well together.
Pros
my co-worker were friendly & helpful
Cons
All tax jobs were transferred to upstate NY and Pittsburgh.
.Hard working, good people.
VP - Relationship Management/Workforce Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 23, 2016
Hard working, good people. New things everyday. Learned a lot of great things. Was sad when I left. Will miss the people.
Great experience
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 23, 2016
Learned how to mitigate risk in a well-organized environment in timely manner. At the Bank of New York their was a great support system in place from the top down to ensure superb services.
I like the company
Senior Project Manager - Eagle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2016
The number one thing that I like the most about my job is the people that I work with. They make my job enjoyable 100%. What I do at work, while also enjoyable, is a distant second.
Pros
Culture, Advancement, Benefits
Cons
Internal Promotion Pay Structure
nice work place
Assistant Vice President/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
It was a nice work place. People are generally nice and helpful. However, I find it difficult for vertical growth.........
Great people to work with.
Tax Manager / Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2016
Great people to work with. Nice work environment. Pay and benefits were very good. Located next to a state park. The only negative was that they shifted a lot of jobs to India.
overall decent work environment
Banks, Broker Dealers and Advisor Segment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Busy fast paced environment. You have to be a quick learner and ready to jump right in. Co-workers are like family. Getting to know co-workers is very easy and they are always willing to help.
Good company to start your career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PittsburghMarch 14, 2016
BNY Mellon is a good place to begin your career but career advancement is extremely difficult. Although I have learned a lot about Wealth Management, BNY Mellon does not invest in their employees with training programs, thus making it hard to become specialized in a particular area.

Management is often detached from their groups and lack communication.
Not a good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 14, 2016
BNY Mellon purchased our group in 2009. We were all very excited to join BNY Mellon as it was a more suitable company for what we did. That sentiment changed very quickly when we realized that BNY Mellon was not a good place to work. The company cares very little for it's employees. It has one of the worst employee ratings and was voted one of the worst places to work. Management cares for only one thing - themselves. The employees of the division that I worked for were some of the best people. All of these great employees are now gone. BNY Mellon, at the time, did layoffs almost every 6 months. These layoffs were based upon one thing - money. Since most of the best employees were well paid that meant all of the good employees were gone within 3 years. What is left at BNY Mellon are low paid, no imagination, and some of the nasty people you will work with.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management and Employees with no imagination
fiance
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Great Neck Estates, NYMarch 14, 2016
enjoyed learning about finance and investments. opened personal as well as business accounts earning clients money on there returns
BNYMellon
Section Manager - US Fund Accounting Trade Capture (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 14, 2016
BNYMellon is a very stable company, They are very technology driven to make the job more efficient. BNYMellon have a good employee matching program with there 401k.
Pros
401K matching
Cons
Help desk
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Project / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
 Managed several component projects for a large program replacing legacy software with new systems.
 Developed a comprehensive software deployment planning process that encompassed all business and IT tasks required from to be ready for launch and execute successful software releases.
 Mitigated program risks through the implementation of a change management office, plan and management routines collaboratively and comprehensively with every corporate department.
▪ Simultaneously managing multiple agile teams (tracks) to deliver projects within a program to replace the planning and guidance tools available to investors to set goals and manage investment portfolios. This position requires mature project management skills, as well as the ability to orchestrate large agile teams using Fidelity’s agile methods and tools within a program of agile teams
▪ Successful end-end project/program management of around 5 projects (value $6.5 million) ranging from 3000 - 5000 Hours each.
My particular project was not well managed
Business analyst/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
BNYMellon overall is a good company if you are fortunate to work for the right groups. I was not fortunate. I was working for a terrible and ill prepared group. Our managers were extremely behind schedule and did not have basic things in place like onboarding. it was pure chaos at times. but the irony is that while meeting others who worked for the bank on different projects whose experiences were the polar opposite. My question has always been why does a company like that overlook bad management?
Pros
very stable company
Cons
management
Not big on employee perks
Senior Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2016
Nothing is free- hence all vending machines on all floors- no free lunches- no bonuses for lower level employees.
I like my co-workers but mgmt does not lay a career path for anyone who works in an administrative capacity. Too many employees and so much waste.
Cons
No Employee Perks- Not even free coffee
I Learned a Great Deal at BNY Mellon
Senior Conversion Specialist/Dashboard Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2016
Before working for "The Bank," I'd been in management in the Financial Services industry for roughly 11 yrs. Though I had a decade plus of the Financial World in the pocket, The Bank actually taught me the basics. For anyone in the industry, but on the periphery, The Bank has a massive internal learning network and is always ready and willing to provide its internal with industry knowledge and know-how. In addition, there is a wealth of really knowledgeable managers which have been with The Bank for many years.
Pros
Great people, flexible work schedules, knowledge bank
Cons
healthcare benefits