BNYMellon Employee Reviews in United States

Working for the company was a great experience.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2016
I worked for this company for 38 years and started as a Key Punch Operator and worked myself to AVP. It was a rewarding experience for me and love going to work. The hardest part of the job was putting an employee on Corrective Action.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, very good company to work for.
Financial Services Leader
Assoc. Event Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 14, 2016
BNYMellon is a fine place to work, with many opportunities for advancement in financial services. The work environment is pleasant while professional and focused. The support from other co-workers is helpful on a day to day basis and there is very good training.
Stressful environment and challenging to keep up
Corporate Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
Corporate Trust area is stressful and it seems the production expections are unrealistic, considering management doesn't ensure that new people are adequately supported and trained. Otherwise, I liked the job and the challenge of keeping up with busy workload.
Pros
working downtown
Cons
heavy workload and working overtime is frowned upon
Challenging work enviorment
Data Security Admin (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2016
Work is interesting at most. It can become repetitive and feel that your input is not used for improvement in the department.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Healthcare
Not the best place to work
Client Service Management (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 7, 2015
It is not a pleasant place to work, they say they care about there employees, but I do not believe they really do. The work I did was fairly easy I did originally like management some of my coworkers are okay there was no real hard part of my job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall excellent work enviroment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2015
I really enjoyed the experience at BNY Mellon sorry that the contracted ended. Excellent place to work. Would consider going back for employment applying for other positions within the company
Pros
Casual day every day
can do better
Loan Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Don't pay enough, infrequent and very low raises, no room for advancement, seems senior management are all yes people. The work itself is not too strenuous.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, job work/life balance
Cons
below average pay, below average raises.
Great company to work for.
Corporate Directory/Switchboard operator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJSeptember 2, 2015
BNYMellon is a great company to work for. In my department I speak to many clients and non clients per day and do my best to assist them the best I can. My manager is professional and always willing to listen and help out when needed. The people I work with are fantastic and will always help when help is needed. They are a great group to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people get where they need to go within the bank and they appreciate how fast and knowledgeable I am of the company. The hardest part of my job is to have to have some customers talk down to me like I am nothing and I have to smile and say have a good day.
Pros
working for a great company
Cons
not getting paid what I'm worth
Challenging
Workflow Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaJuly 27, 2015
The summary is not describing the work itself, but the people I worked with where sometimes very challenging. Working at BNY Mellon helped me learn how to deal with people from all different walks of life both good and bad. I enjoyed the friendships that developed working there.
A typical day at work
Section Manager Benefits Disbursements (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2015
Most often I come in to work and I review report, answer questions from my staff. Approve work in our work flow system. Answer emails, and go to meetings. I do enjoy the work place but it is hard at this time to advance and obtain raises.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Health Care
Don't go to work here. I'm warning you!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
The company stinks. The officers treat anyone who is not at an officer level like garbage. I had an extremely bad 4-1/2 year experience with my MD,who spoke to me like I was garbage beneath his feet, and his wife was not much better when she called in 5 times a day.

I'll tell you, it gets to the point where you don't even want to get out of bed in the morning to go into the office. Anyone who knew this terrorist MD hated him and asked me how I could work for him, and couldn't believe how nasty he was to me. I would never give him the satisfaction and quit the company like other people who worked with him did.

Don't go to work for this company.
Pros
really cant think of any
Cons
nasty officers, who are supposed to be leadership material
Great place to get enterprise experience
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 4, 2015
Helpful colleagues and interesting technology, makes the days go by quickly. Slow moving by startup terms but fast by financial web dev terms.
Uncaring management
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2015
If you do not work in New York this company does care about its remote employees at all. The salaries are completly different from working at corporate than working remotly.

Also remote employees are kept in the dark to what ever happens to be going on within your team

The culture here is home and family does not matter and if you happen to get sick for any length of time you questioned about it and put on a action plan for improvement.
Pros
nothing
Cons
location
Good Team
Quality Control Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2015
Good team environment. Fast paced interactive functions. Enjoy both my manager and my coworkers. Multi-tasking and consistent change.
Pros
The people.
Cons
The benefits/compensation
Investment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 2, 2015
overall the department I had worked for was a good group and a lot more interactive. The company was not a bad company to work for. I have learned a lot with them and they have taught me good information. Mergers are not easy but it is a process that takes time. Clients are very demanding but I learned to keep them happy.
Great Place to work
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan NYFebruary 15, 2015
I love the culture and environment at BNYMellon and i would love to be a permanent employee. The management team is very supportive. They treat all employees equally but, the position i am in is temporary and they do not have any permanent spots.
Have loved working for BNYMellon
Treasury Ops Team Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Working for BNYMellon, has been a great experience. I would not be considering leaving, except for fiance lives in Asheville, NC, and there are no jobs with the company down there.
Change Management
Senior Transformation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Responsible for reviewing and analyzing processes with a goal to streamline the process to provide efficiency
ok starter
Operational Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2014
A typical day is a lot of printing and receiving a ridiculous amount of emails that have nothing to do with you. You will only advance if they like you regardless of how hard you have worked. Have seen experienced people passed over for better positions because someone else was good friends with someone or related. Management says they listen but they don't. System goes down with no eta of when it will be fixed so there goes your work life balance because they expect you to stay until it comes back up. At times people have left the office close to 10 pm only to turn around and come back in for regular working hours. The reward two slices of pizza and get home safely. The get home safely is an email from the managers that left and logged in from home.
Pros
good starting point then move on!!!
Cons
raises don't reflect the cost of living increases, work/life balance doesn't exist
Ok, But
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2014
Decent company filled with intelligent people being stifled by redtape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNYMellon. Our community is ready to answer.