Boar's Head Employee Reviews

Crew Cleaning
Crew Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Tioga, PADecember 28, 2015
Cleaning room,helped fix meals fro the hunter,cleaning the offices. The most enjoy able part of the job is meet new people
Bad and getting worse everyday
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 2, 2015
Issues have been around for years and continue to get worse. New IT management has no experience and uses abuse and threats of termination to get things done. Lack of understanding by leadership leads to bad decisions and poor projects that don't deliver needs and run over budget. Staff continue to jump ship, executives continue to ignore the situation, and 70 hours a week is deemed not enough and you are a 'roadblock' by not working more.
The rest of the business is just as bad, but IT is intolerable and will soon be causing lawsuits. Good product, but avoid this company at all costs - everything they state is a value is a lie, people are not valued and are thrown away to make the inexperienced leadership feel better about themselves.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Excessive hours, abuse/threats, high turnover
Management was terrible, co-workers gossip more than work
Forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioOctober 12, 2015
Before this job i worked at a correctional facility, the prisoners were treated better than they treat their employees. Co-workers talk about everyone and make nicknames for people. Barely to no training before your on your own. No sence talking to HR, just quit like the 50 people i saw in my 2 months at this facilty. Management were just pencil pushers with no sense of direction, basically your warden.
Easy Job; Bad Management
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 14, 2015
Job itself was easy, but management made the job a lot harder than it needed to be. They say they'll work with you and help you with our home life, but they're not willing to at all. Bad to little training, having other employees with little experience try to train you. No SOP to speak of.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Management, working almost 70 hours a week
100 PER CENT
PRODUCTION 0PERATOR (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 12, 2015
COMING THERE EVERY DAY N LEARNING ABOUT UR JOB. N COWORKERS.WORKING AT BOAR'S HEAD WAS AMAZING U COME TO WORK WITH A SMILE ON UR FACE. N COME OUT THE SAME WAY.
Boars head
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at Boars Head Job is Entering a supermarket and speaking with the manager introducing myself as Boars Head Demo representative.I'm there to represent for Boars Head Company,therefore before I start my demo I make sure all the BH product's are well organize,check the dates.I speak with deli associate on the focus products for our demo . I prepare wraps to Salad to inquire people all our different recipes .After the food is prepared Set up a beautiful display that will catch our customers eye . Its a great job experiences meeting different customers and co-workers giving them ideas and recipes about boars head products.Introducing the customers to Boars head new products.
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
not enough hours
Quality Products with High Standards
Family Foods, Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Boar's Head is a family company with high quality products. They care about their employees and strive to be the best in the industry.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GANovember 29, 2014
Typical day was starting at 4:30 a.m, ending when the job was done. Went into grocery stores helping deliver product. Learned how to properly merchandise product. Management was very easy going, great teacher. Co-Workers made job enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was early mornings, and dealing with customers who weren't morning people. Most enjoyable part of the job, management rewarded good work.
Pros
all around enjoyable place to work
Cons
long distance from home
Don't buy their lies!
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2014
This company is so bass ackwards! They tell you everything you want to hear to get you in the door, but by far one of the worst companies I have worked for. No personal days, sick days, 1 week vaca. Their human resource department consists of a lady in the office. If you work in the office and she likes you, then you get more privileges. They lie about hours, and play head games with you, thinking it will get you to work harder. Good luck understanding their "point system", they make it impossible for anyone to keep a job. If the fact that they are always hiring the same positions isn't a sign, not sure what is.. The only good thing about this company is discounts on the product! If you're a hard working, loyal person, look some where else, they will not appreciate you!
Pros
discount on products
Cons
management is a joke, play head games, no ethics
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 30, 2014
Operated the lathe machine while doing hourly testing. Had to use pick testers, calibers, 3 point MIC, changed tooling in machines and operated a TAP machine.
Pros
learned alot while operating machines
Long hours every week with no personal or sick days
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Groveport, ohioApril 30, 2014
Place is a joke. If you've been there any amount of time you've been lied to repeatedly. Good benefits, but if you work day shift, good luck having the time to use them. Warehouse people only get one week of vaca. No personal days, no sick days, and NO scheduled time off. Unlike the office personnel...they "claim" to be about family. But we would never treat family this poor!
benefits
Cons
long hours, pay, lazy management/leads
Boar's Head
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 23, 2013
Overall Boar's Head was a good company to work for. The people and the environment were pleasant. I learned a lot from the company.
Superior brand to work for with excellent added benefits
Marketing Brand/Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 6, 2013
Boar's Head is the quintessential premium brand in the industry where I have had the pleasure to work with the most intelligent, heart-felt people.
Maintenance dept needs a make over!!!!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Forrest City ArFebruary 4, 2013
Very poor HR dept need to go back to school for advanced training on how to treat people and help keep them at Forrest City, pay is terrible....
Its a position that I would like to advance
Food Specialist/Cook (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAFebruary 3, 2013
Its ok i could you a full time with benifits my co workers are good and its just alot of standing
EXTREMELY POOR MANAGEMENT
production (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, AROctober 23, 2012
Too much forced overtime, all unnecessary and all due to poor management. With good management we could complete production in half the time. The environment is racist, if you are white you will not be promoted regardless of your job performance.

Yes the benefits are good, but the job drains every ounce of life out of you.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management and very racist
Great Benefits Poor Management Large Turnover!
ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 30, 2012
Large amount of turnover, poorly managed! Some departments better than others.

Great lunchmeat and benefits!
Pros
lunch meat furnished for lunch
Cons
large turnover and bad management
Boar's Head is a fun loving work place!!
Assistant Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2012
We start at 4am sometime 5 in the morning,we have our coffee,we have our morning talks about who can finish the route the fastest.what i learned from these groups of people is to be yourself an Man Up.My co workers at Boar's Head were very considerate,very respectable,an also very loving.They have there outstanding ways of showing you they love having you with the team!! The hardest part of the job for me is when I was told I had to go.However the enjoyable part is that I work with these an got to know them.
Pros
coffee made every morning along with danishes
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful work place.
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 5, 2012
I loved working at the Boar's Head. Most everyone was extremely nice and willing to help you out if you need it.
Pros
nice people, fun activities.
Cons
some rude/selfish people.

Comment – August 30, 2012

Pros Benefits were good. Cons Management doesnt have a clue! A great amount of turn over in the 4 years I was there!