Boar's Head Employee Reviews

Work place is very neat and teamwork is a must
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 17, 2018
So far best job i had and the bosses are really good with us as far as the work and the fast paced is more of my type of job to have . Manager is well with us and our hours are almost never short
I love working here.
Premium Advantage specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 18, 2017
I was in between jobs before I started working at Boar's Head. I started off part-time doing food demonstrations and quickly moved up in my position to a premium Advantage specialist. I have to say the job has been really exciting. My boss is amazing, very helpful & understanding, my coworkers are like family members. We have our good days and we have our bad days but just like family we get through it and move forward. I have to say I'm honored to have found such amazing people to work with.

Also this job provides so much benefits I didn't think was possible, It's very rewarding working here.
Pros
401K, life insurance, health benefits. Opportunity to meet new people, the opportunity to excel, the opportunity to work in the Fantastic company with amazing people.
Cons
During the seasonal holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas it can get a little stressful.
Excellent place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Forrest CityDecember 15, 2017
I love the pay and the hours are fair. Very good place to work and there is a chance for advancement if you have the right attitude and work skill. They go hand in hand. A person with bad attitude and good work skills can't advance, but if you have good communication work skills and a good attitude then you will get noticed no matter who u know or don't know. Good benefits, horrible cafeteria food, well rounded staffing meaning everyone deserves a chance including those who have to make decision concerning your job. I give people the benefit of the doubt and I'm the only one that can keep my job. If I lose it, it's only because I didn't want it. Try hard. Stay focused. Get paid. Reward yourself. THANK YOU. Very good place to work. If I can get more hours I would work them. I love my job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people, hours, recreation
Cons
Cafeteria
good
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CODecember 5, 2017
good place to work, private company. good culture and communication. training could be better, but if you can learn as you go its a great place to work.
It was ok job
Santation specialist (Former Employee) –  Jarrett vaSeptember 30, 2017
A lot of work and they start changing the rules of the company. I was there for six years and I lost my job within two weeks of a new policy. I'm a hard work and always willing to work so any job isn't to small.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Not enough people
Fast and extremely friendly environment.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 23, 2017
I've never worked for a company that treats there employees like family. All the perks. Gifts and just to be acknowledged on your birthday is an amazing feeling. I've worked Security for 11 years and my previous experience before Boarshead, it was working for GM and we were contracted through a different company. All the time and hours that were put in you didn't even get as much as a birthday card from them. I strongly encourage anyone that's looking for a great environment to work please come join the Boarshead team, you will be welcomed with nothing but smiles and caring people. There's plenty of room for advancements not to mention all the perks that come with it.
Pros
Employee luncheons, Christmas bonuses, Vacation Days, and the list goes on and on. Great deals on there products.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 23, 2017
Boar's Head is a Great place to work overall. Sometimes you might work long days right along with long week but it is worth it. The staff at Boar's Head are great also. They make sure that you feel very welcome.
Pros
Cafeteria food, money, hours
Cons
Cold
labor
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jarratt, VAAugust 8, 2017
work hard management at worth a it is a place with a lot of people and bosses you get two breaks and the food is ok. hit the clock and go to work, you are working all
Pros
pay
Cons
people
It's a okay place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 31, 2017
The environment is a okay work place the management is not the best can use work
Your co-workers are not there to help you. You have to do the best you can do by yourself
If you like a fast paced environment then this is for you
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 23, 2017
I thought the management was okay. I did not like management not giving us positive feedback on how our production was. It was always negative feedback. I could not go to
management for anything. I also felt that the goals they had for a being fast pace was unrealistic. I do feel that all warehouses have an unrealistic goal of a certain percentage they want to stay at. But they loose good hardworking employees and that's why they are always hiring because employees can't keep up with these unrealistic goals like trying to stay in 90 percentile of speed. And they can't keep people. The pay is decent but I knew this job wasn't going to last long because I wasn't as quick and fast as the next person. I do think that if you are great at warehouse work then by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
Lunch meal tickets. Good healthcare
Cons
Paid Vacation after 1 year.
It was fun. It was a learning experience.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2017
The best thing I learned at boars head, was the TRUCKS!! I didn't know coming in the door but they taught we. I learned fast. Everybody there, we were a family.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver Class B/ Helper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work. Great environment collegues are very respectful. Fast pace work . 12 hours a day. Great pay clean enviroment. Clean trucks clean coolers.
Pros
Paid lunch
Its was good job
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJuly 11, 2017
I like it pays the bills staff was good to lead and HR treating u good payed vacation love overtime and time in half love our bonus and gift they give us
Pros
No buy food out cafeteria
Cons
Two 30minutes break and health care
Long hours and Poor Management
Pallet Consolidator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 1, 2017
There is no longer a human resources team on 3rd shift, the first shift management will only come in maybe once a week to help, 3rd shift supervisors and managers work the heck out of everyone and there is no equal division of labor between 3rd and 1st shift
Productive and fun workplace
Browning (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJune 22, 2017
Boars Heads is the right place for you they have very easy jobs you will love it the breakfast and lunch is very good workers and co workers are very honest and respectful there are no drama just the way it should be
Somewhat okay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 19, 2017
The job itself was good. The job site itself was okay. A typical day at the job was decent. Although I did not learn much, I could use some of what I did learn.
Its okay sometimes
Smokehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMay 24, 2017
Working for this company is okay if you don't want to advance. Working for them the past six years I have realized that if you in a position that they feel that you are good at you are stuck until they want to move you. They rather hire out side of company than promote within. Other than that is okay I guess depending on the person and their career goals want to move up don't come here that's for SURE!!!!!
Pros
bonus yearly and beneifits
Cons
They will they you you have the chance to advance lies that depends on who you know.
Packing raw meat
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMay 11, 2017
Working in a refrigerated area on an assembly line packing out raw meat. Supervising the crew as they work making sure that the production is covered, and has what they need to meet production. Loading and unloading the cooked meat off the racks.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
A refrigerated place
Production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jarrett Hollow, VAMay 8, 2017
I work on the production line for servals years with this company. It was a nice experience I learned new things with different training within the years
It is an ok job overall
General Employee (Current Employee) –  Jarratt, VAMay 7, 2017
I was excited to start working there, I enjoy working with the people, but it's very cold and can be stressful at times. It has its days where I don't want to be there but I stay and get the job done.
Pros
Just about Every Sunday off
Cons
Not enough time to get things done outside of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boar's Head. Our community is ready to answer.