Boar's Head Employee Reviews

Nice place to work, friendly people
Line worker, pallet build (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Good place to work. Liked that we had a meeting before shift so we had an idea of the workload for the night. Friendly management and people. The warehouse is climate controlled so you know how to dress for it. Orientation for this company is very good. They go over most everything you will see in the warehouse. They also give you training with an experienced employee before letting you go it alone. They seem to move workers to the jobs they are more suited to.
good gone bad.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 29, 2016
Loved this job more than anything but the hours are insane the the line leads are so lazy and will wonder off to talk to their friends while the other people will try to figure out how to build the pallet, the job is unfair one day me and the person who I was working with had to do a pallet rebuild because our leader was a horrible leader and it was because of him we messed up so bad but he didn't have to do anything. Then he messed up a pallet order and we also had to fix it while he didn't have to do anything. Most people there are nice but if someone messes with u don't go to hrs they say they will do something but they really won't. The check isn't worth the mental distress.
Pros
3 lunches you can buy boars head product and merchandise.
Cons
everything else.
Your OK until you make a mistake
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 14, 2016
I worked there for nearly two years and was rated top hourly electrician. Made numerous process improvements resulting in much increased production. Made a mistake at the wrong time with the wrong people handling the matter. New manager had grudge, false assumptions was able to influence HR who had mixed up the facts. Got canned. No prior write ups/ disciplinary actions. Won unemployment case, tells you they screwed up. They don't care, you are a criminal first before facts are known.
Pros
Discounted pork/meat products
Cons
Socialist Maint. Dept., specially protected employees.
Top of the line deli products who works with other companies to distribute product
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 27, 2016
I love working for this company. The product itself is amazing! Top of the line and mostly all natural products. A healthier choice for healthier living. You get to meet great people and try new foods.
Pros
Salary, great people, and make your own schedule
Boars Head
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARDecember 12, 2016
The management is horrible, they dont take the time to hear you out and they very unprofessional! They got they picks & chooses.
Great Product, Poor Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 14, 2016
Management is too concerned with office politics and gossip to be effective. A family business shouldn't feel like you're swimming with the sharks. The floor workers get good pay, but sometimes poor hours and little in the way of benefits. The office workers are spoiled and are ineffective at their jobs. Don't work here unless you're willing to play the game.
Pros
They could have a great workplace...
Cons
...if they actually start working like a team.
Unfortunately this is not a good place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 26, 2017
This is a great place to be a supervisor you are not held responsible for anything it all falls on the associates has a lot of room for improvement don't fall for what they tell about this place as soon as you start they say we didn't tell you that
Pros
Cons
So many would take a to long to tell you
This place is going down the drain
Wave Planner (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 2, 2016
Good place to work if your willing to kiss butt. There were a few good points about this place. One, the benefits were great. Two, your coworkers will bond with you due the unfair treatments practicing here. This place could be great if you change the whole management team and HR team.
Pros
Co-workers and Benefits
Cons
Meat Processing very new to me
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 12, 2017
Love the meat and the company is very well maintained it's been in the small town for 20 years. The hardest part about the job was working overnight and sometimes 26 days in a row without being off.
Great Place to work and also self and clean place. And the poeple love they jobs.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jarratt, VADecember 28, 2016
I like working for them they are one of the best company to work for. they are fun and loving people. you will learn a lot of things that you didn't know about working in food places. that's why you should apply
boars head
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 13, 2016
a women had got the pallet jack stuck playing around and wrecked it . I go make sure she is alright first then called for help after I removed the pallet jack from upside down. I also learned that if a accident happens in front of you. you should always go report it no matter what because I will want the same.
I worked here for 3 weeks on 3rd shift.
3rd shift warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 24, 2016
Like others are saying they don't train you at all. They will work you to death with 3 or 4 pickers in back for your line and only 2 people on each of the front lines. Meaning boxes will come nonstop the whole 10 to 12 hours putting you behind pretty much the whole night until the lazy line leads help you after you done worked yourself to death to try to keep up and get to far behind. All in all the money is descent because of all the OT but who wants to work 6 pm to 6.30am 5 days a week????. I am happy I quit now I make 5+ more a hour with a doable shift and hours. They will hire just about anyone, they call themselves family meanwhile they watch you bust your butt knowing you need help but they're to afraid to get their hands dirty. I use to be a supervisor myself I actually helped my Co workers. Bunch of lazy leads! Being a lead is more then being able to smooth talk your way outta work. Only work here until u find something else fast!
Pros
The 3$ a day lunch they have is the only good about job
Cons
To many hours and not enough breaks.
Excellent place to work
Oracle Applications Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work. Learned lots of new things. Met new people. Great company atmosphere. Able to implement new ideas in the workplace.
Long hours every week with no personal or sick days
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Groveport, ohioApril 30, 2014
Place is a joke. If you've been there any amount of time you've been lied to repeatedly. Good benefits, but if you work day shift, good luck having the time to use them. Warehouse people only get one week of vaca. No personal days, no sick days, and NO scheduled time off. Unlike the office personnel...they "claim" to be about family. But we would never treat family this poor!
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, pay, lazy management/leads
Bad and getting worse everyday
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 2, 2015
Issues have been around for years and continue to get worse. New IT management has no experience and uses abuse and threats of termination to get things done. Lack of understanding by leadership leads to bad decisions and poor projects that don't deliver needs and run over budget. Staff continue to jump ship, executives continue to ignore the situation, and 70 hours a week is deemed not enough and you are a 'roadblock' by not working more.
The rest of the business is just as bad, but IT is intolerable and will soon be causing lawsuits. Good product, but avoid this company at all costs - everything they state is a value is a lie, people are not valued and are thrown away to make the inexperienced leadership feel better about themselves.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Excessive hours, abuse/threats, high turnover
Don't buy their lies!
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2014
This company is so bass ackwards! They tell you everything you want to hear to get you in the door, but by far one of the worst companies I have worked for. No personal days, sick days, 1 week vaca. Their human resource department consists of a lady in the office. If you work in the office and she likes you, then you get more privileges. They lie about hours, and play head games with you, thinking it will get you to work harder. Good luck understanding their "point system", they make it impossible for anyone to keep a job. If the fact that they are always hiring the same positions isn't a sign, not sure what is.. The only good thing about this company is discounts on the product! If you're a hard working, loyal person, look some where else, they will not appreciate you!
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Management is a joke, play head games, no ethics
communication
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Jarratt, VAJune 14, 2016
Bad communication
The hardest part is have to waled from your car all the way around from where you have to takes up time and sometimes reasons you late.
Extremely poor management
production (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, AROctober 23, 2012
Too much forced overtime, all unnecessary and all due to poor management. With good management we could complete production in half the time. The environment is racist, if you are white you will not be promoted regardless of your job performance.

Yes the benefits are good, but the job drains every ounce of life out of you.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management and very racist
Management was terrible, co-workers gossip more than work
Forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioOctober 12, 2015
Before this job i worked at a correctional facility, the prisoners were treated better than they treat their employees. Co-workers talk about everyone and make nicknames for people. Barely to no training before your on your own. No sence talking to HR, just quit like the 50 people i saw in my 2 months at this facilty. Management were just pencil pushers with no sense of direction, basically your warden.
Hostile Enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 20, 2016
signing in customers, employees, contractors, controlling truck and gate access. Learned customer service, management was very unorganized.
Pros
steady income
Cons
no set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boar's Head. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9