Boar's Head

Boar's Head Employer Reviews

Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAJune 30, 2014
Pros: learned alot while operating machines
Operated the lathe machine while doing hourly testing. Had to use pick testers, calibers, 3 point MIC, changed tooling in machines and operated a TAP machine.
Long hours every week with no personal or sick days
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Groveport, ohioApril 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours, pay, lazy management/leads
Place is a joke. If you've been there any amount of time you've been lied to repeatedly. Good benefits, but if you work day shift, good luck having the time to use them. Warehouse people only get one week of vaca. No personal days, no sick days, and NO scheduled time off. Unlike the office personnel...they "claim" to be about family. But we would never – more... treat family this poor! – less
lamest on line application web site
N/A (Former Employee), N/AApril 17, 2014
Pros: not working here
Cons: working here
Who has time to reenter employment history for each application. Ever heard of storing a profile on Oracle?
HR personnel very unprofessional. This has discouraged me from ever thinking of bringing my skills to this company. Oh and by the way, my family no longer purchases boars head products.
Boar's Head
General Laborer (Former Employee), Petersburg, VASeptember 23, 2013
Overall Boar's Head was a good company to work for. The people and the environment were pleasant. I learned a lot from the company.
Superior brand to work for with excellent added benefits
Marketing Brand/Communications Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 6, 2013
Boar's Head is the quintessential premium brand in the industry where I have had the pleasure to work with the most intelligent, heart-felt people.
Maintenance dept needs a make over!!!!!
Maintenance (Former Employee), Forrest City ArFebruary 4, 2013
Very poor HR dept need to go back to school for advanced training on how to treat people and help keep them at Forrest City, pay is terrible....
Its a position that I would like to advance
Food Specialist/Cook (Current Employee), Emporia, VAFebruary 3, 2013
Its ok i could you a full time with benifits my co workers are good and its just alot of standing
EXTREMELY POOR MANAGEMENT
production (Former Employee), Forrest City, AROctober 23, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management and very racist
Too much forced overtime, all unnecessary and all due to poor management. With good management we could complete production in half the time. The environment is racist, if you are white you will not be promoted regardless of your job performance.

Yes the benefits are good, but the job drains every ounce of life out of you.
Great Benefits Poor Management Large Turnover!
ACCOUNTING (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 30, 2012
Pros: lunch meat furnished for lunch
Cons: large turnover and bad management
Large amount of turnover, poorly managed! Some departments better than others.

Great lunchmeat and benefits!
Boar's Head is a fun loving work place!!
Assistant Truck Loader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: coffee made every morning along with danishes
Cons: short breaks
We start at 4am sometime 5 in the morning,we have our coffee,we have our morning talks about who can finish the route the fastest.what i learned from these groups of people is to be yourself an Man Up.My co workers at Boar's Head were very considerate,very respectable,an also very loving.They have there outstanding ways of showing you they love having – more... you with the team!! The hardest part of the job for me is when I was told I had to go.However the enjoyable part is that I work with these an got to know them. – less
Wonderful work place.
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 5, 2012
Pros: nice people, fun activities.
Cons: some rude/selfish people.
I loved working at the Boar's Head. Most everyone was extremely nice and willing to help you out if you need it.

August 30, 2012

Pros Benefits were good. Cons Management doesnt have a clue! A great amount of turn over in the 4 years I was there!

About Boar's Head

Since 1905, Boar’s Head Brand has been the name you can trust for quality products and service. Our mission is to continue – Read more