Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Bobs discount Furniture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 13, 2017
Everyday, i walk into Bobs with smiles from everyone I work with.
When someone lacks a certain skill, everyone is always very helpful and makes sure that they excel at what they do. I learned how to communicate with people and make sure they have a extremely pleasant experience. The managers are extremely friendly and will always go out of their way to make sure that we are working to our full potential. At Bobs, there are people from all different ages and ethnicities, and we always manage to get along.
The hardest part of the job was closing the sale and making sure the customer is happy with his/her purchase.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone i worked with had a distinct personality and that made the day go by a lot faster.
Pros
Performance rewards, friendly staff
Cons
lack of accountability
Official response from Bob's Discount Furniture
November 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's Experience with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working with us at Bob's and that the team is collaborating in the Bob's Way! Your feedback is invaluable to us and gives us an opportunity to see what we are doing well and where we have opportunities to improve. Thank you again for your input and for being a valued member of our Team!

Favoritisim
just work there (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 13, 2017
Alot of favoritism, especially if the manager is the same as you are.
Alot of nasty and petty behavior by employees towards one another that is never resolved because of the favor shown my the management who defend a racist employee and unacceptable behavior because their financial gain might be jeopardized.

The managers there are the worst at managing. The store has a few good and oh so few honest employees.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
if youre not in the clique youre not going to last long
review speaks for itself
Professional Driver/ Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 12, 2017
review speaks for itself. Drivers are expected to run past regulation and work mandatory days that were never advised or explained before or during the hiring process.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not as much as deserved without home balance as told
Official response from Bob's Discount Furniture
November 16, 2017

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Indeed. We value all feedback as it helps us to identify both our areas of strength and our areas of opportunity. At Bob’s we take our core values very seriously and strive to ensure that all business is conducted in the “Bob’s Way”. We apologize that you have been left feeling that we were not transparent with the expectations of the job during the interview process and that we would ever expect any of our employees to violate any regulations. We can assure you that Safety and Integrity are major priorities in our operation and we encourage you to reach out to your local HR Manager to further discuss these concerns. It is very important to us that we fully understand what has occurred that left you with this impression so that we can improve future experiences and ensure that our daily operation remains consistent with our expectations. Thank you again for providing this information to us and for being on our team, together we will strive for success, as always, we hope you are comfortable and encourage you to discuss your concerns with your local management and HR team as they are empowered and equipped to handle directly.

no fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Arundel View, MDNovember 2, 2017
Work hours are bad.. pay is bad.. management is okay.. once u out on the road life is great until u get an costumer who is not trying to work with u and giving u a hard time.. u cant leave until bobs release u to the next job.. that was a problem because it slows u up for the rest of the day..
Pros
nothing
Cons
no health care no benefits
very high stress work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 26, 2017
This company has a high volume of customer complaints. This is caused by failed deliveries and uneducated staff members. Staff is very friendly and small work space make locations feel like working with family.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 25, 2017
fun place to work when it is busy but not so fun when it is slow and have 21 sales reps. on the floor. staff is friendly, no room for advancement as the list for management is booked.
Great place to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22041October 24, 2017
Bob's Discount Furniture is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. The management and employees I worked with were awesome. I learned a lot of things that will help me out in the future.
Stressful, biased environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 21, 2017
working in sales here would be a dream, but as an office associate, I wouldn't wish this place on my enemies. management is passive aggressive, two-faced and stuck up, blatantly play favorites in every department. your day in the office is spent getting screamed at by customers that you didn't have anything to do with, fixing sales associates mistakes, and working with incompetent people for their "customer service" line. pay is nowhere near worth the headache of this company, just don't apply.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great company to work for with a great culture.
Sales Associate/Office Associate/Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nesconset, NYOctober 17, 2017
Great company to work for with a great culture. Management is always willing to make you feel more comfortable at work. I would highly recommend this company to many people.
bad
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 7, 2017
have to work every weekend, every holiday
staff is most important part to company
minimum 10 hour shifts
offer health benefits and dental
must work at least 2 nights
productive and relaxed working environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 6, 2017
a typical day working at bobs consists of making copies, making and receiving phone calls from customers who need help, and giving great customer service to customers who come into the store.
No life balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 5, 2017
Store are to close together but still need to make the number as if the other stores didn't exist. Every year they boost up the numbers and put more associates on the floor.
Draw versus commission Showroom furniture sales
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Every sales representative earned what they physically and intellectually invested in the sales process. Fair and even handed management.
poor wages
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 26, 2017
underpaid for the amount of work/demands of the job...hardest part of the job is manually unloading trucks..management was sometimes personable.most enjoyable part was assisting customers
Laid back job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Lack of advancement options for internal candidates for outside candidates its easier. Pay was decent until someone decided lets flood the floors and delivery prices.
Unfair
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Poor Management, no career advancement. Managers who pitted others employees against one another. Bad choices in staffing. Poor communication from upper management to staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor work enviroment
The fight for one breadcrum
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Bob's is a great place and initially started off with the employees being the priority. Eventually changes in management lead to policy changes which in return effected the morale of the customers and resulted in a decrease of sales. Due to large number of employees , sales associates are seeing a steady decrease of commission and overall income. You'll be lucky to meet quota some months without stealing & back stabbing your co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, environment, cafe
Cons
Management, short breaks, vacation time
Busy environment, lots of responsibilities and not enough pay
Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MASeptember 19, 2017
Morning store meetings, opening the store and the cashier office, daily reports. Answer incoming calls , store inventory ,cash handling. I did learn how to deal with angry customers and how to never take what they say personal.
Use to be great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Bob's was great before they flooded the market with stores so close to one another.
We had a ton of fun selling like mad and making money. It was great!!
Then the investment companies got their greedy grubby hands on it and ruined it.
Pros
Use to be great
Cons
Too many stores so close to each other
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2017
The days vary at Bobs but the environment is always fast paced. There is always something to be done whether its building furniture, processing orders, or loading a customers' vehicle.
Pros
Co-workers are fun to be around
Cons
Can be tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.