Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Not what it seems
Sales (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Bob's has changed greatly in the last year or so. Culture has become VERY corporate. Management takes it upon themselves to dictate new rules/regulations that are in direct opposition of the culture explained by the upper echelon. Benefits are good. Lots of paid time off after the first year. A free turkey at thanksgiving. Goals are easily attainable if you put forth even minimal effort. Furniturte sales is a pretty easy gig overall.
Positive attitude goes a long way
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Getting to work with a positive attitude and ready to make the most of my day.Greeting customers with a big smile and finding out there needs and quickly assisting them and establishing report.I would be friendly and helpful with my co-workers keeping everything very professional.The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customer needs and completing the sale professionally.
Excellent place to work!
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTNovember 20, 2016
I started as an office associate, and found it a very exciting job. Worked with great people and was the last stop for the customer and sales associate to complete the purchase. I wanted to grow with the company and felt all the higher ups were rooting for me. I then transferred to the sales floor and worked on commission. I proved myself to be a hard worker and after a few short months was hired to work in the corporate office as a merchandising rebuyer. I felt as though I had a great opportunity to continue to grow with the company though unfortunately had to leave due to moving out of state. The company is truly like a family.
Productive and friendly environment with lots of advancement opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 10, 2016
Bob's Discount Furniture warehouse was a great place to work. I worked as an administrative assistant, and the better work I did, the more responsibilities I was given. I left to finish college, but I was about to be hired on full time from a temp job and possibly given a promotion as well, just in the short time I was working there. My boss and other superiors were friendly, helpful, and made me feel comfortable.
Pros
Nice breaks, good management, clean environment, opportunities to advance
Cons
Not a climate controlled facility, long work hours, some inappropriate conduct from employees
Nice place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  S Attleboro, MANovember 16, 2016
Very busy greeting customer, providing information about product and service. Writing the sale and after delivery calling customers to ensure customer satisfaction..my managers were very good. My co-workers were the very best. I never felt the job was hard because I enjoyed my job. What I enjoyed most was helping customer and seeing that were happy.
Pros
The company care about the employees
Cons
Long days
Very pleasant place to work for all the free ice cream you can eat
Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 4, 2016
Commission based job 5% of all that you sell 8 hour shifts with a half hour lunch break there was a bonus program called The Million Dollar Club which at the end of the year if you made it if you would go to a dinner around Christmas time they would hand you an award and I'll check with your bonus in it
Pros
Everything was priced to sell
Cons
Their accountants weren't very good screwed up on my taxes
very friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 15, 2016
amazing place to work but you are on your luck.
the only thing is its 100% commission
overall very awesome management

Sales people acts unprofessional sometime, found little bit of the politics over sales floor.

you can make good money in busy seasons And vice visa if its slow. You have to maintain minimum standards so its bit pressure on you
over all its a nice place to work.
Pleasant place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 25, 2017
On a daily basis I had to greet customers and comply with their wants and needs. Informing customers of sale items and package pricing.
My own experience with management is they are very easy to work with.
Workplace environment is very fun and upbeat.
Challenging moments is when business is slow during off seasons.
It definately was a great environment with great potentional to make a gr
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 15, 2016
Pros
great commisions
Cons
short breaks but didnt want to miss anything
Management should practice what they preach
Retail Sales Associate - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Wharton, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Management should practice what they preach, too many sales people on the floor can't make money. Hours are ok for part time. Management should be more flexible and helpful with other sales associates not just one.
Pros
hours
Cons
Management too many sales people on the floor
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table in the cafeteria
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work requires lifting and doing a lot of labor work . you start to learn that time management is the key if you don't to be there forever . the hardest part of the job is packing a truck because you must be physically fit to lift and stack boxes and furniture.
excellent work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 2, 2016
fun place to work,, excellent benefits,, long hours but well worth it. company paid overtime,. holidays, birthday sick and vacation. great bonuses every quarter and end of year.
Pros
excellemt oppourtunity to make a very nic living and enjoy a nice vacationj
Cons
long hours, but you were well compensated so I really wouldn't call it a con
Great for a challenge in your career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 12, 2016
It's commissioned based pretty challenging and exciting at the same time, great managent training,paid training discounts on your furniture and accessories
Pros
Free coffee awesome staff
Cons
High turn over, commissioned based
relaxed atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 14, 2016
Nice place to work, more self starters. everyone works as a team an help each other out very good customer service , we doma lot ofnevents with eachnother like potluck an charitys.
Pros
free snacks, 30% discount
Cons
no breaks, no benefits for part timers
Great leadership
Inbound Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 26, 2016
-Ensure all merchandise is properly tracked and routed to warehouses across the United States
-Maintain communications with vendors, receiving and verifying the accuracy of shipments
-Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
Pros
great leadership, free lunches
Cons
little advancement in current position
My time working there
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jewett City, CTDecember 2, 2016
Hard but everyone worked as a team and it wasn't stressful at all. The bosses was laid back if you were doing your job right. You didn't have to worry about messing up your work.
Pros
Got to listen to music while working
Cons
Had to pick up people's slack at times
good company if your a sales associate
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 18, 2016
I got this job when i first moved to maryland . i was a blessing because i needed a job to pay rent. but in the warehouse position there is no chance for advancement .
Pros
you get paid every week
Cons
this company doesn't treat everyone equally
Basic retail sales job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 6, 2016
Joined a new store in a new market so the business has been slow. Over half of my store fails to meet minimum standards due to slow traffic. Management tries to help but there is a limited amount they can do because they cannot drive traffic.
Pros
Easy sales job
Cons
Slow traffic, 100% commission
Excellent Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Bob's Discount Furniture in Harrisburg rules! Great management and environment. A competitive, yet professional atmosphere with a desire to help the customer. I would recommend it to every sales person out there.
Hustle
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJJuly 24, 2016
If your the type of person who does not want a cap to theyre money and doesn't mind working 40+ hours
, every weekend mandatory and 3 specific time shifts during the week then this job is for you. I, on the other hand find comfort in knowing exactly how much I will be making. This company like most other sales jobs work off of a drawer system. They give you an hourly rate during the month and the last week you pay that hourly rate back with your commission and recieve the difference. It's a great stepping stone for anyone. It was too stressful for me not knowing exactly what would be in my pocket and you cannot control the pace of business of course which makes it horrible in the winter and summer. Was not for me at all!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

72%