Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employer Reviews

Not Exactly the best sales job ever
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee), Woburn, MAApril 3, 2014
This would be a steppingstone job for a salesman, but i would warn anyone to be cautious as this is also a black-hole job. (meaning it will suck the life out of you)
very enjoyable place to work
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MEApril 3, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, cookies, coffee decent pay rate
Cons: customers coming in at the last minute when we already locked the bay door
Start out unloading merchandise from trucks unwrap/unbox and assemble items (chairs, fireplaces, beds, etc.)
Take customer invoices enter them into the computer locate merchandise on the floor load it onto customer vehicle. keep the floor stocked, take inventory on beds. .
furniture everywher and of all kinds nice
clerk office (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: some cons
The staff is friendly. The customers however have a lot of complaints and are not happy sometimes.
A good stepping stone
Consistent top performing salesperson (Former Employee), Bellingham, MAMarch 14, 2014
Bob's was a great place to work while I was in college pursuing my education. The schedule was flexible and management was accommodating.
A fun place to work, however; management is poor in the DC Metro location
Office Associate (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good health, vision and dental benefits
Cons: terrible management
Bob's Discount Furniture is a good place to work, only if you are in certain areas. The DC metro management especially at the Hyattsville, MD store management is terrible. The customers aren't that friendly and they always ask for a discount, at a discount furniture store.
The work place
Office Associate (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting with the customers that approach the office.
I have learned a lot in retail and I already have expertise in customer service.
Co-worker we all got along
The hardest pary of the job is knowing how to work the system.
My most important part of the job was helping the customers with their problem of delivery, getting – more... their money back and just someone they say to vent on. – less
exciting and engaging environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Niantic, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no real training and development for management.
Every day is a different challenge. This is a great place to build your experiences and learn from some of the greatest management and trainers.
Awesome most faavorite place to work
Pick-up Assistant (Former Employee), southington ctDecember 27, 2013
Finalizing orders, process deliveries, cash handling, building furniture, phone, cleaning and organizing, inventory, pick up customer orders
Fast paced environment
Office Assistant/Office Lead (Former Employee), Totowa, NJDecember 11, 2013
Cons: frequent changes to policy and procedures. no room to grow in your desired field.
Bob's Discount Furniture has provided me with excellent management skills. We did not have an office manager for about 7 months and they let me take leadership in the office and train new hires. Typical day at "Bob's" is high volume of phone calls, customers coming into the store seeking help, as well as sales associates waiting to be helped with their – more... guest, and helping a team office member with any problems they didn't know how to handle. I would be on the phone with a customer while still giving full attention to another customer in front of me and still acknowledging anyone else who is on line waiting to be helped, and let's not forget the frequent emails I would receive and managing to solve those issues and concerns as well. Definitely helps to know how to multitask. That was one of the most things i enjoyed, helping the customers resolve their issues and knowing they're leaving the store satisfied. Nothing i couldn't handle working at Bob's, I was a confident leader and very essential to my co-workers as well as my managers. Every one of my co-workers were very pleasant to work with; we were a team and always helped each other out, but I my talent and skills are destined to do greater things. – less
No opportunity for growth
Office Assistant (Former Employee), North Plainfield, NJNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free coffee and flexible hours
Cons: management, low pay, decreased hours, budget, no growth, did a mention pay?
I worked for Bob's for 2 years as an office associate. We dealt with majority of the issues with customers accounts and merchandise. Some of the managers do not appreciate the work that is done and as Bob's requires more from management, more responsibilities get placed on the office. Sometimes I end up working 6 days a week for the same amount of pay – more... (hourly). This company should really look at the in store management and staff relations. I have had numerous issues with management in regards to who is responsible for what. Way too much drama for the dollar.

If this company ensured growth they would retain more employees. – less
a company thats not for the worker
PICKER/LOADER (Current Employee), Taftville, CTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: your work performance earns your pay
Cons: managemeant, the co workers, its a revolving door
the only good thing that was good i learned how to opperate a fork lift.
great place to work
Commission Sales Representative/ warehouse (Former Employee), North Plainfield, NJNovember 2, 2013
great place to work great experience as warehouse facility along with immaculate experience in polished sales
Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orange, CTOctober 26, 2013
Left on terms of mutural agreement due to wrongful allegations.
BDF
Office Manager (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYOctober 7, 2013
Great Company to work for, growing with the company is the best part :)
Fun place to work, like true family.
Retail Office Associate (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Although some days may seem stressful, the management staff will always be there for you. The greatest thing i took away form this place is learning to deal with the public.
Good benefits and great people to work with.
Returns Coordinator - Senior member (Current Employee), Taftville, CTSeptember 9, 2013
My department has taught me many new aspects of Bob's procedures and inner workings of the company as a whole.
If you have the right team- it is a very succesful place.
Retail Operations/Office Manager (Current Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules. opportunity for growth.
Cons: frequent changes in policies. unmotivating management.
The company's values and culture has a mom and pop flavor. It was a small company that is now rapidly growing-however maybe growing too fast. There are constantly changes to policies and some departments are caught up while others are not. Too may loose ends. If the right management team is selected and not jsut given positions based on who they know- – more... it may be a more pleasant experience. – less
not enough home time
Transfer Driver (Current Employee), Taftville, CTAugust 27, 2013
even though i am home every morning, third shift is really rough on my family and i would rather work days.
Productive Fast paced call center
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches and morale
Cons: no sick days just personal time--allowed 4 per year
Bobs discount furniture is a fast paced environment in an incoming call center.
Learning from working at Bobs is patience as well great verbiage and communication skills when handling escalated issues
hardest part of the job is not getting emotionally invested in what customers say to you--don't take it personally
enjoyable part of the job is how everyone – more... works as a team and is always willing to help – less
great
Utility Technician (Former Employee), Taftville, CTJune 20, 2013
Pros: free beverages. and great bosses
fun place great people and very hardworking, 8-10hour days. learned how to use machines like scissor,forkilft, crown and Raymond cheerypickers.

1 2 3

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture operatesĀ aboutĀ 40 furniture stores (some featuring mini-golf courses and complimentary refreshments) – Read more