Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Don't do it!
Office Associate (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDMay 23, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: The Salary - it does not match up to the amount of work that they have you doing.
The job is very stressful and frustrating due to you cannot figure out the computer system that they use - it is not user friendly. I work harder at Bob's than I do at my full time job, plus the salary that they pay you - it's not worth it at all. Also, as the previous reviewer stated you do give up your life - I'm trying to get out as we speak.
work
Customer Service (Current Employee), taftville,ctApril 22, 2015
Pros: health care
I take calls from delivery teams and our service techs. I help take care of customers with delivery issues or service issues. I either offer them replacements or we order parts to fix what the issue(s) are
Productive and good workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taftville, CTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks
I sat and worked on the computer and answered phone calls from customers and drivers and assisted them with their needs and wants.
challenging goal orriented
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work was always a learning experience.
I learned that no one customer is the same personality wise but they all need the same thing and that's to spend money
Best Sales Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2015
The shifts are 9 hours, including an hour break. It really took my sales skills to another level, it was such a positive environment for me personally and the company is extremely family oriented. I enjoyed my relationships with my coworkers and the relationships I created with my customers.
fun work place
Office assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2015
good place to work for management not so good ... co working was very fun . learned a lot from the people I worked with . advancement not to good. its about who you know not what you no..
Very stressful enviorment.
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee), Niantic, CTFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day would be doing a lot of reports, phone calls and customer service. What I have learned is that due to serious communication problems and bad management it made what could have been a not so bad job one of the worst jobs I ever had. The office team are nothing but a bunch of back stabbing, gossiping people. The sales team was no better. The turn over is nothing like I have ever seen before. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving at the end of the day.
It was ok
Lead Office Assistant (Former Employee), Totowa, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Small company
Not too much room for employment
Pay/raises not good at all
friendly co-workers
management mediocre
no perks
Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I would rather not answer this question. Not that Bob's Discount Furniture is a bad place to work, its actually the opposite. I would rather discuss this at a job interview.
Not a very nice place to work
Packager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MarylandJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: there is none
Cons: lousy pay, short breaks, horrible management
Through my experience it seemed like they cater towards the employees who are committed felons rather than law biding citizens. They expect too much out of a single person who is a hard worker but don't say anything to the ones who are slacking in their duties. Expect you to dead lift merchandise 75+ pounds off the floor with no help from equipment or another employee. Short breaks, lousy pay, horrible management = not a good place to work.
working at bobs
Office Associate (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: retail experience without actually having to do sales
Cons: short breaks, management changes constantly
This company is all about self sort of like a big box chains. A typical day of work in the office is morning open/setup cafe. go to office file away day before sales do morning emails and required customer calling to reschedules.The management varies but managers come and go so quick. The co workers felt like high school all over again. Hardest part of the job is nothing very easy.
Busy place
Picker (Former Employee), Taftville, CTDecember 19, 2014
Great work place enjoyed the friendly coworkers. At times overtime which is great. Nice bosses and team leaders
BobsCares? No he doesnt.
Office Associate (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 18, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: everything else
They do a great job of bringing people in by lying and giving false promises. After a month or so you will begin to see their true colors. The managers do nothing but play on their phones and sit on couches and never listen when there is a problem. The associates give off rude and racist remarks about fellow associates and customers, and if you even try to ask them not to you will get in trouble. Poor way of dealing with issues from such a new company, you'd think they'd be quick to resolve these issues but they dont care.
Call Center floor with cubicles
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 5, 2014
Long days of repetitive work. Great management willing to work hands on with employees. Extremely fast paced customer service. It was great helping customers, but a lot of the time they were taking their anger out on the employees. Especially when relating to the insurance plan
Long hours, thankless work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stoughton, MANovember 19, 2014
Cons: all
Flooded sales floor with too many sales people. Only the scummiest salespeople could survive. Laid off without warning and with no job issues, write ups or any other reason. Terrible management, unprofessional and lacking in knowledge or common sense and intelligence.
unique furniture experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 10, 2014
great place to work customer service is a must and I did well having the eagles coming to welcome customers was very different the atmosphere was unique
I Love My Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Manchester, CTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, life balance, colleagues and challenges.
Fantastic company to work for, is more like a family. Every aspect of the company is great, very challenging but rewarding. I have never work for a company that took care of their employees like Bob's. I'm very lucky to have the opportunity to be a part of such great company, but most important the people that I work with.

Z.
Great work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed this job a lot. although it didn't have room for advancement due to it being a summer job, I liked this position a lot.
FANTASTIC
Commission Sales (Former Employee), W Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND CONTROL YOUR INCOME VIA COMMISSION. FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE AND POSITIVE VIBES FROM THE ENTIRE STAFF.
Amazing experience
Sales (Former Employee), Totowa, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not reliable pay
Fun fast pace and competetive place to work/ coworkers a pleasure and loved working with clients

1 2 3 4 5

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture is an everyday low price furniture and bedding retailer with 57 showrooms in 11 states in the Northeast – Read more

Bob's Discount Furniture Salaries