Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MEAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment
Cons: A lot of down time, over staffed
Easy environment to work. You're in control of your own paycheck. The harder you work the more you make. Would recommend anyone to work here (in sales) very easy job with good pay.
Busy work environment with great support from the management.
Office Associate (Current Employee), 4095 high way 1,Monmouth Junction,NJAugust 24, 2015
Busy work environment with great support from the management. My co-worker are pleasant to work with, we really enjoy working together and we make sure that we support each other specially in the busy time.
Repect for the employees
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Freehold, NJAugust 3, 2015
Pros: consideration to employees with benefits and holidays
Cons: HR to slow in responding to personnel issues
the culture is very employee friendly and works to make the work environment enjoyable. the store management is very supportive and works to educated and provide resources to us to make the sales happen. the benefits are great - 2 weeks vacation after a year as well as giving your birthday off as a paid holiday not forgetting 4 paid personal/sick days. its refreshing to see an employer respecting family time around the holidays for example closed on thanksgiving and Christmas and the store closed early on the days before the holiday.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Growth and advancement within the company
Cons: Weekends are required
Fun work place with supportive management.
The compensation/benefits are competitive.
This company will be a leading competitor in the furniture industry within the next fear years
Productive and fun workplace
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee), Robinson TownshipJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Long hours
Day to day dealing with guests and their furniture needs. Working on commission only with 17 other sales associates. I learned to sell and qualify people. Really find out what they need and like.
nno
Office Associate (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 6, 2015
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Great company to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Glendale, NYJune 15, 2015
Bobs Discount furniture is a great company to work for they provide great benefits . The management team works with you to help you grow within the company.
Great communication
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDJune 10, 2015
Positive environment to work in. Customers are very pleasant and enjoy visiting. Complimented by customers and co-workers on my job performance. Although management needs more communication this is a good place to work.
Friendly Place to work
Cafe' Attendent (Former Employee), Salem, NHJune 10, 2015
Pros: We were able to eat the Cookies & Snacks
Cons: no Cons
I loved working there. Great place to work. Managers were Great. Customers were amazing. Great Co. workers. Best cookies ever
Secure job with great compensation and benefits
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Carle Place, NYJune 9, 2015
It is a great place to work if it is going to be your full time job. Great compensation, ca start a 401K and great health benefits. Only hard part is dealing with irate customers and getting holidays off are difficult especially because it is a retail position. Other than that great company to work for and get starting salary than most companies.
Productive easy going work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 4, 2015
Typical day began with setting up the cafe area and then walking around the sales floor estimating what was done and needs to be done. Through working there I got a feel of a more hands on type of job, and learnt the ins and outs of furniture. Management was okay, felt like they wanted more from me when i was given my all. Wanted me to be someone else. Co-workers are just like everyone some love you, some say they love you and some hate you. Dealing with egos and attitudes was the hardest part of my job. Everything else was easy once i got use to it.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2015
Awesome management, very fair, great place to grow. No high pressure sales tactics, none of the gimmicks found in other places.
Don't do it!
Office Associate (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDMay 23, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: The Salary - it does not match up to the amount of work that they have you doing.
The job is very stressful and frustrating due to you cannot figure out the computer system that they use - it is not user friendly. I work harder at Bob's than I do at my full time job, plus the salary that they pay you - it's not worth it at all. Also, as the previous reviewer stated you do give up your life - I'm trying to get out as we speak.
work
Customer Service (Current Employee), taftville,ctApril 22, 2015
Pros: health care
I take calls from delivery teams and our service techs. I help take care of customers with delivery issues or service issues. I either offer them replacements or we order parts to fix what the issue(s) are
Productive and good workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taftville, CTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks
I sat and worked on the computer and answered phone calls from customers and drivers and assisted them with their needs and wants.
challenging goal orriented
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work was always a learning experience.
I learned that no one customer is the same personality wise but they all need the same thing and that's to spend money
Best Sales Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2015
The shifts are 9 hours, including an hour break. It really took my sales skills to another level, it was such a positive environment for me personally and the company is extremely family oriented. I enjoyed my relationships with my coworkers and the relationships I created with my customers.
fun work place
Office assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2015
good place to work for management not so good ... co working was very fun . learned a lot from the people I worked with . advancement not to good. its about who you know not what you no..
Very stressful enviorment.
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee), Niantic, CTFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day would be doing a lot of reports, phone calls and customer service. What I have learned is that due to serious communication problems and bad management it made what could have been a not so bad job one of the worst jobs I ever had. The office team are nothing but a bunch of back stabbing, gossiping people. The sales team was no better. The turn over is nothing like I have ever seen before. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving at the end of the day.
It was ok
Lead Office Assistant (Former Employee), Totowa, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Small company
Not too much room for employment
Pay/raises not good at all
friendly co-workers