Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews in United States

Decent Work Enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 20, 2016
I clock in , then go into warehouse to change clothes to start day. After changing i proceed to walk the showroom floor and make sure safety and company policies are good and then go back to warehouse and begin opening boxes of merchandise and putting them together and properly tagging and labeling furniture with proper prices and article numbers for sales associates . Customers come for their pick ups throughout the day.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Fun experience you meet alot of new people
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILJuly 4, 2016
Everyone is cool and hardworking the managers are chill we all work hard clear our trucks and get on with our day Fun experience you meet alot of new people
Working hard
Valet Parking Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 15, 2016
It is definitely a lot of work and heavy lifting, moving, and relocating furniture around the city. Delivering ordered furniture to customers houses and helping to assemble the furniture.
Environment
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 14, 2016
It's a great place to work People can say how they feel about a job but you won't know unless you work there to find out for yourself
Pros
Weekly pay
Good Face...Bad Company
Equipment Cage Clerk / Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 3, 2016
Bob's Discount Furniture likes you to think that you are a "valued" employee, however, they are not above taking advantage of you. They over work their employees with no care for their personal or mental health. They make promises they have no intention of keeping. Applicants beware....do not work for this company
hard work
stocker (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDMay 12, 2016
unless you have no life to give to your family then this is not the job for you. hard work to many hours at the wrong time of the day with little to no breaks in hrs
Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMay 5, 2016
Company Expanding
Opportunity to grow with the company
Training can improve
Management is friendly, fun work environment
Disappointing
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nesconset, NYApril 21, 2016
Everyone starts out as a part-time employee and when I asked why, I was told by the office manager at that time, "It's because of Obamacare." Although I did learn a lot working for BDF as an office associate, unfortunately most of it involved what not to do rather than what to do which would prevent errors from being made if given the correct information in the first place. In that regard, training is minimal at best unless the company chooses you to attend a week-long training that is conducted sporadically. I was employed there for eight months before they held one and from what I was told by my manager, it was the first one in two years! You are expected to hit the ground running, which is not a bad thing; however, you most likely will not have all the information you need to perform a specific task but are expected to do so AND correctly anyway. An office manager told me she prided herself on "not showing you what to do; I'd rather you figure it out yourself," which again is not necessarily a bad thing but when you are a new employee, it is very difficult to figure out what to do when you have minimal information. I was actually told by a co-worker after only six weeks on the job that "I'm not allowed to help you anymore" when I asked for her guidance with something I only partially did once weeks before. I really did enjoy my job but it did not turn out to be what I hoped it would be, and much of what I was told did not come to fruition. Very disappointing.
Pros
Great benefits if you get a full-time position
Cons
Very clique-minded, very little training, very little support if you are not in the loop.
Not a good place to work
Receiving unloader (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILApril 16, 2016
Receiving dept is called 8 hours of he'll because everything is offloaded by hand no forklifts freight weighs any from 10 pounds to 300 pounds. Not a good place to work no direction from management
Pros
People are nice
Cons
No advancement
Bob's Discount Furniture
Programs Administrator (Current Employee) –  Taftville, CTMarch 30, 2016
I work in a contact center with approximately ninety co workers in office setting located in one of the three distribution centers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
growing very quickly longer hours open - 7 days a week
ok
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTMarch 26, 2016
it was a good company in the beginning but things changed. Once bought out policy and the feeling of being important changed
Pros
pay, benefits
productive, fun and warm workplace
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 16, 2016
Furniture Assembly and Furniture Removal was part of a typical day's work.
I learnt how to assemble furniture, tag furniture for removal and shipment.
The managers I worked under were understanding.
Co-workers were friendly.
Hardest part of the job were Tuesdays, loading and unloading trucks.
Most enjoyable part of my job is everyday, just being there.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAFebruary 24, 2016
Great company, great hardworking people.
Interact and communicate with external and internal clients on a daily basis. Keep track of orders when necessary.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hourly pay
Productive fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 17, 2016
Answering phones, databases, managing payments such as cash, checks, credit cards. Organizing, filing paperwork. Fun workplace great people to work with.
nice place
Furniture Delivery (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
nice place nice co worker help a lot on my fisical job long day in the road but you see nice houses nice people is a pretty nice experience thanks
Pros
have fun on the road
Cons
a lot of heavy furniture
terrible place to work for, everything cheaply made
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PADecember 27, 2015
this place has many issues, cheap items come broken, take forever for new items, multiple tries. not a good place to work
Pros
daily rate paid
Cons
long hours, dont care for the employees, cheap things come broken
Customer Service Rep
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 1, 2015
I worked from home and they provided computer system for me at home. I still had access to Supervisors in Norwich, CT if I needed help and the team for escalated situations.
The Jungle
Sales Consltant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 23, 2015
I'm sorry, I have never seen a company so unorganized. First off they glorify all the top writers. They are the thieves, the liars and least respectful, you'll have to share phones with people who come in with cold sores and refuse to miss work because they're greedy. I've seen so many fights , management has done nothing. They'll split your sale with someone they favor more. Everyone is mire concert about your business rather than your well being. They can't wait for you to fall so they can talk about you. The office ruins your sales, the delivery team ruins your sales, customer care ruins your sales , even management ruins your sales. You have sales associates looking for your sales report so they can put there name on your sale to steal it. Your customers are rude, disrespectful and unrealistic. There are perks to this job. You pretty much van work at your own pace, managed to bring in 3K a month part time which isn't bad. The staff becomes your family after awhile. However their hygiene not so great.
Pros
Work at your own pace, pay is good If you can manage to keep your sales, never a dull moment
Cons
Bad customers, bad customer support, bad delivery team, place is full of thieves
It's a Paycheck
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 11, 2015
Depending on the department and position you enter the company in, your experience can vary GREATLY.

The production and advertising department is amazing. The staff, camaraderie and day-to-day variety of work. Great talent but severely underpaid.

The replenishment group is made up of good people. The work is mundane and the volume of work ebbs and flows with the domestic and international holidays. Steady paycheck.

Merchandising team is a club of individuals who play it safe, don't have a sense of live/true trends or a sense of good design. They present trends which have been "hot" as new during department meetings even though they're really outdated.

Logistics is somewhat of a joke. Director hides in her office reading junk news on the internet and checks her social media on her phone more often than what would be deemed professional; doesn't have proper training systems in place; places inappropriate roles on those who are obviously not a good fit. Does not listen to suggestions/advice of her employees. Sneaky, deceiving at times and does abuse the system on occasion.

Financing/accounting teams - range of personalities. Overall good feeling and friendly folks.
fun work place
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Yonkers nyNovember 3, 2015
unload a truck full of furniture and inspect merchandise and fix minor damages on furniture and help customers with the purchase of they merchandise
Pros
meet new people
Cons
love the job