Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Employer Reviews

Very stressful enviorment.
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee), Niantic, CTFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day would be doing a lot of reports, phone calls and customer service. What I have learned is that due to serious communication problems and bad management it made what could have been a not so bad job one of the worst jobs I ever had. The office team are nothing but a bunch of back stabbing, gossiping people. The sales team was no better. The turn over is nothing like I have ever seen before. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving at the end of the day.
It was ok
Lead Office Assistant (Former Employee), Totowa, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Small company
Not too much room for employment
Pay/raises not good at all
friendly co-workers
management mediocre
no perks
Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I would rather not answer this question. Not that Bob's Discount Furniture is a bad place to work, its actually the opposite. I would rather discuss this at a job interview.
Not a very nice place to work
Packager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MarylandJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: there is none
Cons: lousy pay, short breaks, horrible management
Through my experience it seemed like they cater towards the employees who are committed felons rather than law biding citizens. They expect too much out of a single person who is a hard worker but don't say anything to the ones who are slacking in their duties. Expect you to dead lift merchandise 75+ pounds off the floor with no help from equipment or another employee. Short breaks, lousy pay, horrible management = not a good place to work.
working at bobs
Office Associate (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: retail experience without actually having to do sales
Cons: short breaks, management changes constantly
This company is all about self sort of like a big box chains. A typical day of work in the office is morning open/setup cafe. go to office file away day before sales do morning emails and required customer calling to reschedules.The management varies but managers come and go so quick. The co workers felt like high school all over again. Hardest part of the job is nothing very easy.
Busy place
Picker (Former Employee), Taftville, CTDecember 19, 2014
Great work place enjoyed the friendly coworkers. At times overtime which is great. Nice bosses and team leaders
BobsCares? No he doesnt.
Office Associate (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 18, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: everything else
They do a great job of bringing people in by lying and giving false promises. After a month or so you will begin to see their true colors. The managers do nothing but play on their phones and sit on couches and never listen when there is a problem. The associates give off rude and racist remarks about fellow associates and customers, and if you even try to ask them not to you will get in trouble. Poor way of dealing with issues from such a new company, you'd think they'd be quick to resolve these issues but they dont care.
Call Center floor with cubicles
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 5, 2014
Long days of repetitive work. Great management willing to work hands on with employees. Extremely fast paced customer service. It was great helping customers, but a lot of the time they were taking their anger out on the employees. Especially when relating to the insurance plan
Long hours, thankless work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stoughton, MANovember 19, 2014
Cons: all
Flooded sales floor with too many sales people. Only the scummiest salespeople could survive. Laid off without warning and with no job issues, write ups or any other reason. Terrible management, unprofessional and lacking in knowledge or common sense and intelligence.
unique furniture experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 10, 2014
great place to work customer service is a must and I did well having the eagles coming to welcome customers was very different the atmosphere was unique
I Love My Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Manchester, CTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, life balance, colleagues and challenges.
Fantastic company to work for, is more like a family. Every aspect of the company is great, very challenging but rewarding. I have never work for a company that took care of their employees like Bob's. I'm very lucky to have the opportunity to be a part of such great company, but most important the people that I work with.

Z.
Great work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed this job a lot. although it didn't have room for advancement due to it being a summer job, I liked this position a lot.
FANTASTIC
Commission Sales (Former Employee), W Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND CONTROL YOUR INCOME VIA COMMISSION. FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE AND POSITIVE VIBES FROM THE ENTIRE STAFF.
Amazing experience
Sales (Former Employee), Totowa, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not reliable pay
Fun fast pace and competetive place to work/ coworkers a pleasure and loved working with clients
day of a call center employee
Customer Care Core Representative (Former Employee), Norwich, CTOctober 7, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: low pay, managers play favorites.
customers complaining how much bobs furniture is not good and the quality is not there and not being able to help the customer because almost every damage is listed as normal wear and tear and the customer cant get service. The managers are lazy and play favorites. The only enjoyable part of the job is the co workers
Nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Freeport, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks vacation after a year and paid birthday off.
Cons: expensive medical benefits and low pay.
Responsible for maintaining the look the store and unloading trucks and putting together furniture for the store. Management and co workers are friendly and we all get along well.
Meeting people
Pit Salesroom Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 9, 2014
A typical work day starts by taking care of your area of focus. It's very busy but it helps the time fly by. All managers and co workers were great. Don't get me wrong we all had our moments from time to time but at the end of the day we all understood that we were a team!! That was most important to me. The pay structure was awesome; hourly and commission.
HIGH PACED ,VERY REWARDING PLACE TO WORK.
SHIPPER/PREPPER (Former Employee), Taftville, CTSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: slightly over worked at times
good place to work over all ,some bad apples in mid- management .very hard work at times ,learned a lot about the furniture industry.some co workers very enjoyable some bad apples ,minor racial tensions.some management very good at what they do.the place can be very unforgiving and cold hearted.unfair and unreasonable at times.loved incentive pay and getting raises very good benefits ,overall policies very good for employees.Bob was the MAN.
Great opportunity to interact with new and returning customers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: hours are great for students or single parents, co-workers are very friendly
Cons: benefits are expensive, no job security, no management support.
A work day involved assisting new and returning customer with their furniture needs. At times it was also needed to work together with other co-workers as well as management and office personnel.
Bobs
Office Associate (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 7, 2014
Coworkers are friendly and caring. Managers are never around when you need them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture is an everyday low price furniture and bedding retailer with over 53 showrooms in 11 states in the Northeast – Read more

Bob's Discount Furniture Salaries