Bob Evans Farms

Bob Evans Farms Employee Reviews

learned a lot
General Manager (Current Employee), OhioApril 10, 2015
I learned a lot with this company over the years. There were a multitude of changes, and I would say the first half of my career with them I learned what a leader should do, and the second half of my career I learned what a leader shouldn't do. The pay is ok, the benefits are good, and the experience has been invaluable.
Stressful yet rewarding workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Pasadena, MDApril 3, 2015
Pros: 50% discount while on shift, 20% discount other times, flexible scheduling.
Cons: Benefits for full-time only, full-time only for managers in most cases, staying later than scheduled.
Come in and get straight to work. There are always guests to help or things to clean. No one should ever stand around bored unless the day is extremely slow. Management can be frustrating, but they try their best most of the time. The co-workers are helpful for the most part, but complaining is a major con. The worst part of the job is seeing you are scheduled until 2pm, but the managers keeping you until 3 or 4 because it is still too busy for them to lose the help. The hardest part is being given more than 2 parties (tables of guests) at one time, because most people expect speedy service and it's hard to help 9 people at the same time at a fast passed. The most enjoyable part is the cash payout of being a waitress and how flexible the management will be with scheduling if you have school, other jobs, children, etc.
Poor
Server (Current Employee), Howell, MIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Negative work environment
Great for high school students who aren't very responsible. Management treats older employees like they are incompetent. Not my favorite job.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Server / Shift Lead Training (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Love the company and working at the Macedonia location, coworkers were happy and helpful. It was a positive place to work. Management was always positive, thankful and helpful.
I've learned a lot in my 9+ years with Bob Evans
Lead Grill Cook (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 6, 2015
My goal is to make sure that every one of our guests love their meal! I love to cook! I actually have customers request that I cook for them!!
Decent restaurant management job
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: 50 hour work weeks that average out to a 13 dollar an hour job
I enjoyed the customers and the staff, but corporates expectations of management at the store level are entirely unrealistic. The job is designed as such that you burn out and they can rotate a fresh new batch of managers in to the stores to keep from having to pay. Bonus structure is extremely skewed towards the GM when often it is the case that the AGM or assistant manager runs the store.
Typical restaurant management gig
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 50 hour weeks
Cons: no advancement!
My only issues with Bob Evans, is the fact that they have capable Assistant Managers who they refuse to promote after 10 years of employment.

Advancement seems more of a political thing, than something you work for.
fun and invitiing place to work
Assistant Manager-Corp. Trainer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
a typical day is what you make it. alsot of personalities and customer service. i have learned many skills including marketing and sales driving. coworkers are great but very young minded. hardest part of the job is the demagraphic of the guest.
not willing to give more hours managemnt terrible
Waitress (Former Employee), New Albany, OHSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: scheduling was a mess
only got 8 hours a week and management would never let me have the days i scheduled off weeks in advance
flexible hours, team work a must.
Server (Former Employee), Salem, OHAugust 11, 2014
Food service with a smile!

must be a team player staff and managers are an assets to each other as well as customers

Great work environment
A little behind the times, poor management
Corporate Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: management
While a new campus would appear to be fun and exciting, it has killed morale and turnover is exponentially higher than before we moved. Management is terrible. We are understaffed, overworked, and under compensated.
Just okay
Lead Shipping And Receiving (Current Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXMay 23, 2014
The company itself is not what i would complain about, i'd have to say it comes down to the lack of management and any competent persons to do there job or simply provide training.
enjoyable part
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMay 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part for me is when guest would ask me to cook their food for them.
basic restaurant
Customer Service (Former Employee), brookpark, ohioApril 5, 2014
Pros: great job to get into the restaurant industry at a barable pace
this is your basic family restaurant i was a dishwasher i bussed tables i was a prep cook and a line cook for like a week until my mom made me quit to finish school tried to go back but they wasnt having it :-(
Good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), New Albany, OHMarch 20, 2014
The co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching people to protect the company.
Understanding management staff and great co-workers willing to always help out
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Richmond KyFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: rude customers
I provided customers with seating and introduced their server, I ran a register and maintained cleanliness in the restrooms and lobby.
Mixed
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), OhioFebruary 11, 2014
Pros:
Great Pay.
Job Security.
Promotion and bonuses available.
Paid vacations.

Cons:
Upper management does not keep their word, and uncooperative.
Long hours, unpredictable schedule, moments notice and you'll be there for 14-16 hours a day.
Very productive enviorment and a great place to Learn and grow within the business
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Waterford MiFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: if you are'nt full time you're not alowed more than 29 hours
As a shift leader my job is to make sure that the shift is ran as smooth as possible. After opening the restaurant and assigning employees their task, I go through every category(Kitchen Prep, Grill Cook, Host and Server) and make sure that they are stocked and ready to go. As a shift I must be cross trained in every category because If my assistance is needed in one of the categories I need to be able to step up and help. Over all I love the job and it really isn't hard to do. Employees are well trained and motivated.
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2014
Was in charge of overseeing the day to day operations of the restaurant.
cook
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Greenville, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Fast past job the requires you to learn the menu and work with people and customers daliy.

1 2 3