Bob Evans Inc.

Bob Evans Inc. Employee Reviews

Time consuming, always busy unless restaurant is slow
Waitress (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 23, 2015
Pros: 50% discounted food while working
Typical day at work would be greeting customers getting them drinks. taking orders and serving foods, making sure i check on each table to make sure they are enjoying food. Managers are great and co-workers – more... are great. There's always good costumers and bad costumers. The hardest part of the job is making sure no matter how many tables you have to make sure everyone is happy. People seem to need everything at once and i can't get over whelmed. Most enjoyable part is the other servers i work with. This is because they know what i am going through and we can laugh about things. – less
Very Unorganized workplace
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Germantown, MDJune 22, 2015
I have been working as a hostess/server/carryout specialist in a busy breakfast restaurant for over a year. Working in a restaurant has taught me many things and the most important is patience. While working – more... in such a chaotic environment, I was forced to learn how to do many of the different jobs in the restaurant. I know how crucial teamwork is when it comes to running a business. I help as much as I can in order to keep the level of stress down behind the scenes because our attitudes are vital to creating positive customer experience. – less
Restaurant
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHJune 21, 2015
Pros: Pros: 50% of break foods
Cons: No benefits
Restaurant business can be stressful as anyone knows. The most enjoyable part of this job was the normal customers that came in all the time and made me love my job.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJune 20, 2015
Bob Evans was my first ever job and i can honestly say i miss working their it was a great learning experience and also gave me the opportunity to learn customer service as well as the cooking experience awesome work place.
Great workplace but a lot of hours.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great food.
Cons: Benefits and not enough life balance.
Not great life blance but plenty of hours if that's what your looking for. Also its a great company to work for. Friendly managers and great food.
It was a very fun and easy going work environment and my coworkers were enjoyable.
Waiter (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 18, 2015
I helped customers by giving them the best customer service I could provide. I learned problem solving, and people skills. The management was outstanding as well as my coworkers. the hardest part of my job was mutitasking with more then one table at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers, I always made it a goal of mine to get all of my customers to laugh.
great work enivorment
Waitress / Hostess (Former Employee), Tipp City, OHJune 17, 2015
a typical day at work was maintaining a professional work environment such as cleaning wiping tables dusting vacuuming
also customer service including serving customers
cashing out and greeting customers – more...
my co workers were great polite and hard working people we worked great as a team together
the hardest part of my job was making sure every customer needs were met to their standards
the most enjoyable part of my job was enjoying great conversation with customers and making their breakfast lunch an dinner satisfying – less
I had a wonderful experience.
kitchen prep cook (Former Employee), Independence, OHJune 16, 2015
Bob Evans was a great place to work. I learned a lot working in the kitchen. I also met a lot of wonderful new people. The hardest part was keeping everything together when it got really busy, but I just did what I had to do to get everything done on time.
Productive, fast paced
Catering Specialist (Current Employee), Monroe, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: 50% off employee meals, most days off requests granted
Cons: not great pay
Great company to work for, with great managers, very flexible work schedules, fast paced so be prepared, only downfall would be part time and low pay
Enjoyable, fast paced place to work
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJune 12, 2015
A typical day at Bob Evans Restaurant included serving tables their food/drinks, answering phones, stocking, and food prep.

In this job I honed my people skills and public relations skills.

The hardest part of the job was multitasking at such a fast pace.

I enjoy working with the public and with such a wide variety of people.
Wonderful
Server Specialist (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Everyone cared about each other, customers were friendly, atmosphere all together was wonderful
I loved everyone that I worked with, we were truely a family and we all cared about our store. We had a very team based environment and great communication among everyone. My time there was wonderful and if I lived in the area I would go back.
Intimidating but decent enviorment.
Bob Evans (Former Employee), MIJune 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: Rude management
A typical day at work as a host would be coming in, and usually there's atleast one other host on, depending on the day,your responsibility is to seat the door, give menus, and buss tables. If you're closing – more... you wait until all customers leave and clean bathrooms, clean tables, vacuum, mop, and make the restaurant presentable.
A typical day as a carryout lady would be coming in, setting up the bakery (icing the blossoms, making cookies, etc.,) take carryout calls, get the food together, bag it, carry it to the cars, handle cash, keep the bakery stocked, occasionally box breads.
I was very intimidated coming into this job because I heard they were a bit rude, and it has definitely been proven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with people. – less
Was a great place to work when it firsted opened but, things just declined over the years.
Server, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: The people I worked with.
Cons: Management just didnt care.
I worked for bob evans almost 15 years. Greeted guests and took orders. Delivered food and made sure customers were taken care of. Brought stock out and kept up with that all day so that we never ran – more... out of anything. Answered phones for to-go orders and got them ready for pick up. Always made sure the customer had a great experience and would want to come back. The hardest part of my job was only a couple of us would keep everything running for an entire shift while others stood around and watched. I guess if a few of us were getting the job done that was all that mattered. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know all of the regulars over the years as they became my second family. That is what I miss the most. – less
friendly work place......great costumers
HOSTESS/CARRYOUT/SERVER (Former Employee), dayton, ohioJune 7, 2015
Pros: great business and pay
Cons: managment is not the greatest
I loved working there. The employees were great with working with you, and most times made a average working day amazing. This job taught me to multitask and to have great communication skills. That's – more... really the hardest part......but it did not take me long to learn how to manage it. This job was great, its just the managers just seem to do whatever, as if they did not care who trained who, or just sat in the back while we sometimes fend for ourselves. – less
productive
Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2015
Pros: meals and fun
Cons: my manager didnt like me
came into work found out what section I was in and started taking orders what I learned was you have to people food service serious people do not play when it comes to food and you have to work fast but – more... steady being a server I loved all my managers except one he use to show favoritism to the females I loved my whole crew I worked wit we all got along and helped each other out in the time of need the hardest part of the job was having a lot of tables at one time the most enjoyable part of the job was making relationships with the regular customers that came in – less
Facts
Carryout/Cashier (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHJune 5, 2015
Pros: Constant Work, Decent Food, Good Customers
Cons: Minimal Heath Benefits, Career Advancment, Hours
This jobs is something else the co workers are random, the managers are not really good delegators in a sense,and the best part of my day is serving customers at the counter.
Love working with families and older people.
Server (Former Employee), Centerville, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: Quick turn over rate for tables.
Cons: Really early shifts and low check averages.
I enjoyed working there at the Centerville store. The management was always there to help and very understanding. what I liked most about working there was most of the workers were very helpful and were always willing to set aside time to help.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Server (Former Employee), Celina, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: Worked day shift. Nice work environment.
Cons: Had to work weekends
Server customers

Learned how to train other servers.

Management was caring and fair.

Co-workers were fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-worker who had negative attitudes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was challenging myself to be faster & better while maintaining excellent customer service.
Positive enviorment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Carlsile, PAJune 2, 2015
Learned to make a positive first impression for guests in the restaurant. Also learned how to organize the seating chart and how to seat guests accordingly to how they entered the restaurant.
great place to work no drama a little rocky at times.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Richmond, INJune 2, 2015
it was a great job i loved it jus didnt have the means to get there and day care for my kids so i had no ither choice but to leave but other then that this is a great restaurant

1 2 3 4 5