Bob Evans Inc.

Bob Evans Inc. Employee Reviews

work
Hostess (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMay 27, 2015
My day would be seating people, answering the phone if doing carry out. Taking people orders over the phone or in person, working on the computer taking orders. I enjoy all of my co-workers.
Great Company to Work For
Server (Current Employee), Akron, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts
Cons: Hours
As a server schedules are never exact nor is the wage but with hard work it pays off. It is really like working with a family. I love that we get employee discounts on food and the uniform is comfy.
Productive yet fun place to work
HOSTESS/SERVER (Current Employee), Belton, MO; Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Helpful staff
Cons: Long hours
My days at work consisted of keeping the store cleaned and making sure all guests are taken care of and leave satisfied. Even though I have transferred to other stores either from moving or store closing, everyone I would work with we all helpful in making sure I'm doing things correctly and I would help those who are just learning. I learned how to solve problems without fighting or arguing but just talking through the problem. My co-workers were all helpful and very fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve some problems at hand. For example, a woman had come in to the restaurant was insisting that her food was not hot enough, so I had the food remade and still wasn't hot enough to her so I reheated her food yet she was still not happy. The best part of my job was every time I made a family happy especially if there were children.
Fast-paced way to learn versatile skills.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Sidney, OHMay 26, 2015
A great place to work. The management is very knowledgeable and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to provide service to nice and appreciative people.
horrible. bad management. no breaks.
Hostess (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCMay 23, 2015
Cons: low pay, rude staff, violations
I was a hostess and made it only 3 months. There were health code violations and labor law violations. I was accused by a lesser manager of being rude to customers when I go out of my way to provide for them. I spent 20 minutes trying to help a man with Alzheimers that my manager left roaming in the restaurant because he didn't know how to help him. None of us got breaks at all. I only got 2 the entire time I was there. One of the managers, Anthony, is the one that accused me of being rude and he didn't tell me in the office. He told me in front of the cash registers, on our busiest day of the week; Sunday. It was all within earshot of customers too. Very unprofessional. After that, him and James, the new GM, took all my hours away and were giving me only 12 hrs on weekends as a Bus Person. None of this was told to me at all. I later found out that another hostess who had been there longer than me was begging for more hours. They basically made me quit so she could have my hours. The waitresses constantly make snide remarks behind customers backs and are very selfish. Don't work here. It's $7.25 an hour and that's not nearly enough to put up with all you'll be dealing with. The managers are inexperienced, two-faced, and pay favorites big time. Very stressful and not worth it.
Enviroment
hostess/carryout (Current Employee), New Boston, OhMay 22, 2015
Alright. You are on your feet a lot and may have to work over your scheduled time. Can be stressful working with the customers and keeping them happy.
un-productive environment.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: free kids meals tuesdays.
Cons: short breaks, poor management.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with our wonderful customers. the regulars are what could make or break our store.
the average day at work for most starts in the morning, with restocking and starting the whole business day by opening, setting tables, washing windows, coffee, browinies and cookies and biscuts, ect. The worst part about working for Bob Evans wasn't even the labor required to be their because its all fairly simple tasks. The worst part was dealing with management. management were clueless as to what each of them were doing on a day to day basis which made running and working for them Ludacris. All of the co-workers ive had at this company were hard working people who were brought down or casted out by bad management.
nice people and friendly
Waitress (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: food is half off
Cons: sometimes have to stay later then schedule
Typical day at Bob Evans is rolling silverware ,restocking material you would need for your shift and serving.The co workers are energetic and helpful to each other. The most enjoyable part is meeting the different kind of people that you serve.
very disappointed
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), carlisle paMay 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor management
I have been with the company since January 1,2015. They closed down 20stores and the one I was
at was one of the stores.The job was a learning curve for me
Great food but a poorly operated business
Grill Cook/Host (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 13, 2015
Show up with the business already behind on orders and duties.
How to cook quickly and efficiently.
Works hard but not smartly.
Everyone is working for themselves and not for the team.
Working with no ultimate goal or feeling of achievement.
Great food.
management
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: the GM at the Montrose location
Stressful. Always under staffed. Lack of respect for hard working employees. Scheduling needs updated instead of a computerized system. Only competent and experienced people should work the grill.
I find satisfaction in any job I perform.
server (Former Employee), 1776 mcdonough joliet, ilMay 12, 2015
Pros: half price lunches, meeting many residents of joliet and building rapport
Cons: no healthcare, hardly any breaks
It is greatly satisfying to me to be able to make guests happy. I am enjoyable to work with. I believe in this business you have to have a team effort. I am very good at multi-tasking and remembering all the things I need for several tables at one time. I have learned that staying calm is the key to being successful no matter how busy you are.
A great day at work
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: clock out time is just an estimate
Bob Evans is a fun and enjoyable workplace. I love all the people that I work with. I learn something new everyday from my fellow employees. The hardest part of my job was learning all of the producers that are instilled at Bob Evans. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing our regulars come in hungry and leaving satisfied.
Unorganized
Hostess (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 7, 2015
Cons: Managment, Employees
I'd greet and seat guests, check them out after their meal and then bus the tables after. Also clean the foyer area and bathrooms.
Fast paced and good people
Buss Boy (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Not enough pay
I learned to make sure you pay attention and follow directions carefully. You always want to make your supervisor happy at the end of the day.
Fun place to Work! Great Environment
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunches, family-like environment
Cons: Very small time frames for your end of shift work
I liked working here. The work was very fast paced, which made the day go by a lot faster. I learned how to deal with people and their different personalities and I learned how to get along with co-workers even though you may not see eye to eye. Management was not bad. They did their jobs to the best of their abilities and tried to remain fair. My co-workers were awesome and I got along with most of them because they were a lot older than me. The hardest part of the job was the clean up and making sure everything was done effectively in the time frame that was set. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
good place to work
Server (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMay 4, 2015
Pros: good times, co-workers are nice
Cons: short breaks, rude people sometimes, and not enough tips
serve people, make sure everything is alright at the tables and make sure to get along with co-workers and managers. Make sure to not have an attitude with the customers.
Great working emviroment bad boss
Line Cook (Former Employee), New Philadelphia, OHMay 4, 2015
loved the job but got pregnant right after i started git sick a lot even with doctors notes i still got fired. the boss fired me and a few people for absences even though they were excused.
everyone was a family
Server (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMay 1, 2015
Pros: nice manager, 50% of food
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
typical day at work
busy on weekends
slow on weekdays
most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who had the same amount of energy as me
good place to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Troy, OHApril 30, 2015
Pros: free drinks pretty laid back
Cons: attuide of some severs
most the time I closed I learned quite a bit from here the coworkers were for the most part laid back management was alright I work the dish tank from time to time mainly ran the grill line trained most the night shift worked the kitchen prep most lunches and dinners

1 2 3 4 5