Bob Evans Inc. Employee Reviews

Best for our guest
assistant manager and assistant general manager (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 1, 2016
Your team and their knowledge is the key to success in the hospitality industry. Leading by example has been my success. Every guest can feel the energy in the restaurant and as the leader you need to fill that space with positive energy. I believe that your staff wants to do a great job and giving them the tools and knowledge to be the best they can be in return will provide the best experience for my guests when they choice to dine in my restaurant. I have a passion for providing the best hospitality to every guest every time.
Pros
consistency, structure
Productive and Fun
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 1, 2016
I start my day by getting my register and opening for set up. Greet Customers, Seat them maybe serve them coffee or a doughnut, cash them out. Maybe if not busy clean and check condition of bathroom, clean the windows on the door, stay organized and repeat the same routine until the end of my shift.
Pros
Enjoy working with people
Cons
Not enough hours
Goodnplace to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 29, 2016
I liked my job. It was a good place to work. Good company. They treat the employees well. Flexible with your schedule. I was a server and made pretty good money in tips. Although o the weekends the managers put too many girls o. The floor and your not able to make money. But there are always certain managers who will only put a few girls on the floor to where your able to make some money. Weekends are good for making money, real good.
Pros
Goid tips when you serve
Cons
Sometimes too many servers on thebfloor and you cant make money
Easy work and friendly co-workers.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDNovember 26, 2016
The work was easy and kept me really busy, and I had a great time interacting with my team members and working on a plan to get the work done, but the mangment was a little off and made things unfair for other workers.
Pros
free breakfast and drinks, friendly co workers
Cons
unfair mangment, little pay.
Horrible Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2016
If you were to work in the Ocala location be prepared to be emotionally destroyed by customers, coworkers, and management!
Pros
Short shift
Cons
short shift, difficult customers, emotional harassment from upper management
Very nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2016
This was my favorite job. The co-workers were very nice, as well as management and the customers. There were a few difficult ones, but not many. The only problems were the low pay and, since I was still in school, I only worked nights on weekends.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours/days if you're a student
Great if you were a server
Server (Former Employee) –  Miller rd, flint miNovember 19, 2016
The food keeps getting smaller, customers are turning away due to higher pricing as well. The kids meals are great prices. They are closing then due to lack of buissness hate to see them go.
Work place is okay
Server/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Camden, DENovember 18, 2016
I loved serving . The environment was ideal and I enjoyed working with my Co workers and loved my customers . However the management is not the best and they were not always there for the employees.
the job was fine but manigment
Mentor (Former Employee) –  mentor ohioNovember 18, 2016
i worked there for almost 2 years starting as a dish washer and then moved top host and grill cook but then things started going down hill management started scheduling me outside of my availability and was working 7 days at 8 hours with on day off in between
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
over scrutinizing
Management sucks
Server (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 16, 2016
Ghetto...fights daily. I do not recommend you work here if you do not like confrontation. Everything is always messed up there. Running out of food for customers.
bad
Host (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI 48071November 16, 2016
Typically went to work, bussed tables and there was no teamwork between the servers and hosts and the servers who didn't care about anything but the money in their pocket. It was the worst experience I've ever had and a terrible job.
Fun place to work. hard to advance to higher paying positions.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Breezewood, PANovember 15, 2016
The company is excellent besides its hard to advance to a managers position. great attitude. The dishwashers always get the bad end of the stick. The procedures on maintaining the sanitation and preparation of the food are phenomenal.
Pros
The structure of the company is excellent.
Cons
Very strange work hours. Not an orthodox work schedule.
mit,assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 15, 2016
Fun place to work, management needs to become better as well as training them along with employees. The training programs need to be followed up with so that way new employees can not come to work saying they had bad training.
Great place to work. Need better Managment
Catering Sales Manager and Carry out (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY Dixie HghwayNovember 15, 2016
Really loved and enjoyed my job with Bob Evans. Its ashame such a wonderful and beautiful resturant has such poor Management. I loved and took much pride in my job
Pros
The try to work with your scheldule. Great regulars. Pay is decent. Great location
Cons
Poor Management
Great place
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2016
Very clean, great store to shop at, it's a really good variety of things to purchase, store set up is really good everything section is organized really good
Bad Management and Old Equipment
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHNovember 12, 2016
Bob Evans is slow most of the time. The managers I have worked with have been extremely unprofessional. I learned how to use a cash register but did not receive training for any part of my job as a host and had to learn everything myself. The hardest part of the job was getting the outdated equipment to work. The most enjoyable part was making people smile.
Pros
half off food
Cons
poor management, few or no breaks
Not enough hours
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 12, 2016
Some days you come in and you only work for an hour. Some days you come in and work over 2 hours. The discount sucks compared to any other store. Scheduling is horrible.
lack of management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 9, 2016
Just needs to be ran better, need to be more organized and planned out better when to production and have a organized schedule for its employees and treat them better then numbers on a spreadsheet
Fun work place with great people
Server/ host (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 9, 2016
It's a good place to work just wasnt enough money for me and looking for something better the servers there are friendly and help out as much as they can
pancakes
Cashier and Waiter/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 7, 2016
I enjoy breakfast so what better place to work at then Bob Evans. I love serving people and its a great feeling when the regulars request you. You make your money from your tips so its up to you how you treat your customers.
Pros
the food and tips
Cons
a bad customer