Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

great place for a first job
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 10, 2017
Very fast pace job on busy days and hours but the communication is great and so are the employees and management. Great place to make good money as a server, but also a great place to start a first job as carryout or a hostess and then work your way up to a server.
Pros
positive work environment
poor management
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 9, 2017
one of the managers thought she over rolled everything and she was the last manager not even the general manager. typical day at bob evans was rough because bunch of orders called at you and if your away getting another order you miss an order then you get in trouble.
Pros
discount of the food
Cons
very poor management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHDecember 6, 2017
Good benifets, fast pace, wide menu, te as m players . Average daily hours a day . Been around for awhile so food is held to a certain expectation. Nice place to work.
Pros
Benifits
Fast paced and stressful
Cook/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHDecember 5, 2017
Understaffed in most areas making it seem stressful. Flexible with schedules, and hours needed will be given. Hardest part of the job is working multiple hours after your shift is supposed to end, easiest part is the enjoyment of the friendly staff around you.
Pros
Good pay, and advancement.
Cons
Little consideration, cannot exceed 40 hours.
Your Typical Family Restaurant
Host (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 5, 2017
Working for Bob Evans is more or less identical to working at any family style sit down restaurant. Promotion isn't impossible, but they don't jump at the bit to reward hard workers either. Again, just your typical restaurant job.
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
Staffed primarily by high schoolers
family dining
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHDecember 1, 2017
loved working there but wasn't receiving many hours and the company with held our credit tips and I felt it wasn't fair to do so cause we work for those tips and don't receive them
Pros
family dinin great prices
Cons
keep our credit tips
stressful
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2017
Cooking times had to be really within 9 minutes no matter the number of tickets received in. The rest of the job was O.K. Learned skills of Inventory keeping, organizing foods in the walk-in refrigerators. memorized food menus and how they are presented in the menu.
Pros
service industry. Best for my Guest.
Cons
No paid breaks
hard work
Cook/kp/dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PANovember 27, 2017
i dont know what to say about that place its very stressful some days and other days it alright just deal with the servers makes it stressful because they sometimes put in the wrong order when we are trying to watch the food cost
Needs some employee training
cook (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHNovember 25, 2017
the employees were very childish throwing things aroumd the kitchen ect. the managers were lacking in social abilities and rude. the process in which they train employees needs to be revised they don't even show you where anything is.. I literally got yelled at like I was a child on my 2nd day because there was a really big rush and a lack of people , which falls on the manager that yelled at me.
Friendly people and organized
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 23, 2017
I had a good time working with bob Evans. Just the pay was to low and passed me up in advancement. The people really came together there. It was like a family.
Pros
1/2 off meals
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Good for people who don’t have to pay bills
Server (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 14, 2017
There is no team work, a lot of your employees complain and don’t help a lot. Managers are lazy and don’t like to help. Good thing is you make a decent amount of tips.
ok
KP prep (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 12, 2017
work is good i enjoy going to work everyones ready to work and detreaminted to do a good job. i like how i see the management get right in and help if its needed
good company too work for
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 9, 2017
I started as a waitress and have worked my way up to AGM.This is a good employer to work for I'm just looking for better pay. this company promotes and trains from within .
Love the people food and service
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INNovember 9, 2017
A great environment to work in and eat as well. Everybody is friendly and it was more like a home for me than a work place!! If you come into work in a down an out mood, everyone pitches in to cheer you up and makes your day so much better
Pros
The people
Cons
A good place for a first job
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here, the management is flexible and understanding. I learned how to perform various job tasks while at bob evans. The hardest part is the customers, but the easiest part is cleaning.
OK to work for
Dishtank Operator- Washing and Sanitising (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 2, 2017
They were OK to work for washing dishes as long as you keep expectations reasonable.

was a dishwasher it's kinda hard to expect alot but about 10% of my hours always seemed missing from check
Pros
steady work
Cons
did not want to fix broken equipment
Entry level restaurant work
Host (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted OhioJanuary 30, 2017
Not a bad place to decide if you are cut out for restaurant work. The team leaders were all very inexperienced and unprofessional. They schedule changed day to day so you could never make plans for the rest of your life.
Depends on what location you work in
Server (Former Employee) –  South Bloomfield, OHJanuary 27, 2017
A busy, nice, comfortable place to work as a server. However, this depends in what Bob Evans location you choose to work in. Some management and co-workers lack integrity.
Pros
tips
Cons
old people
great place to get to know a wide range of people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PA 15024January 26, 2017
Seating people, greeting people, making the waitresses happy while seating the customers where they wanted to be seated.
How to really put the customer first, no matter what the waitresses thought
I thought the management team was great. until I found out the manager was embezzling money from the store! At least the Assistant Managers were honest.
Having never worked in a restaurant before, I didn`t realize how much the waitresses depended on tips, and didnt know they made so much less than the other employees there.
Th hardest part of working there was the hostesses had to clean up the dining area. This included the shelves the decor was on. I am afraid of heights, but managed to get up on that ladder when it was my turn to clean them.
The most enjoyable was getting to know so many people. We had a lot of regulars and the interaction between the employees and them was great!
Pros
a sense of family among the employees
Cons
Opening the store at 5 am!
Server (Former Employee) –  Maysville, kentuckyJanuary 23, 2017
I love my job at Bob evans, by the time it was over I knew how to do every single job in that place.... everyone always got along, and helped each other...to be honest I do miss it...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob Evans Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.