Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews in United States

Great company with good benefits.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 27, 2016
Great company, as long as you're familiar with what it means to be in the restaurant business. The higher you go the worse the work life balance is. Great job if that's your passion. You'll spend a lot of time developing crew members, working in the FOH, etc. Follow policy and procedures to a T and you'll succeed. Stray...and you'll find yourself short. Best moments are the smiling faces of satisfied guests, worst moments are when the **@!^! hits the fan and it's all hands on deck. Best advice is to continually develop and cross train your team...never be satisfied with what you have.
Pros
Good benefits, always busy, free meals.
Cons
Poor work/Life balance, always busy, too many changes at corporate level.
Very friendly atmosphere
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, INJune 28, 2016
Somewhere I wish to return to someday soon. Hoping to return quickly. I think this company stands behind its morals and values and is a very dedicated company when it comes to their employees. Their a very fun and upbeat staff and atmosphere while at the same time they make you feel loved and like your a part of their family. Its honestly like a second home.
Pros
The customers
Cons
I'm just not about the drama
Established family style restaurant.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2016
Generally offering three meal periods: breakfast lunch and dinner. Do offer a senior menu and children 12 and under eat free on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult meal. All employees are certified food safety handlers. Customer service skills are required along with an appealing personality. Basic cooking skills are required but will train as needed.
Great Food
Server/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at Bob Evan's consist of me providing great service to our customers. Waiting tables is not an easy job. It was very challenging for me in the beginning. I strived hard to work with my co-workers as a team, to keep our customers satisfied with their dining experience. The entire staff worked together to meet sales goals.
Pros
Great Food, Tips
Cons
No Benefits, Scheduling
productive work enviornment because there were always something to do
Host/server (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 23, 2016
my typical work day consist of greeting people at the door seating them and maybe far as sometime serving them all together my job description varies because they were training me to be a host/server Then soon after they threw in the carryout shifts as well. So by the time I was done with my 90day probation period I was already serving, hosting and carryout all together.
Pros
great learning exsperience for customer service
Cons
short breaks, or the releasing time isnt whats on your schedule
Going Downhill, fast.
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2016
Bob Evans is a restaurant that is static, and often times that directly affects the staff. While managers often try to reward employees they are also struck with deals from the corporate office that end up either hindering their job or making it difficult to operate to maximum efficiency by attempting to maximize profits, which results in it's workers suffering.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Room for advancement.
Cons
Little full-time employment, lackluster food, unenjoyable work standards.
Good job, but mediocre pay
Shift Manager, Hostess, and Server (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 29, 2016
I liked working at Bob Evans. I was a hostess, then a server, and finally a shift manager. My main grievance is that you do more work for less pay than most restaurants. On the other hand, it is not a job geared toward a career, so the pay is adequate for a first time worker or someone picking up a second job. Other than the pay, it was a good place to work.
Fun and productive workplace with great benefits
Server (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work is always fun and productive. I've learned many things from being there that I never knew before. The management is wonderful and their always eager to help. For my co-workers, they're all awesome and I've become close to many of them. I would say that the hardest part of the job is overall the outs we all have to do. There's a lot of them to do it seems and can get overwhelming sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with many different types of people.
Pros
short breaks, great interaction, and fun enviornment.
Cons
Many out with low pay, long hours.
BobEvans Review
Server (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 11, 2016
BobEvans has been a reliable workplace for me for over five years. They allowed me to have a flexible scheduled that worked for me while I was in school. While I have learned a lot from interacting with people on a daily basis and enjoy my coworkers, there is not much room for advancement as a server and I would like to move forward to a job that will allow me to build towards a career.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, experience interacting with a wide range of people, and good cowerkers
Cons
No room for advancement, not using my college degree
Can be a great company to work for.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 5, 2016
This could be a great company to work for, it all depends on who you are working with and what priorities you have as a manager or even an employee. The company has made a few detrimental shifts in how they operate and it makes it difficult if you have been there a long time to adjust. The benefits and flexible schedule (if you are hourly, salaried/management is not flex at all) are definitely a plus.
Pros
flex schedule, pay is decent
Cons
management lacking skills and knowledge, no dicipline

Want to know more about Bob Evans Restaurants?

Ask a question
busy restaurant that challenges any manager every day
Assistant General Manager/Catering & Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907June 25, 2016
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the lack of entusiasm with the younger generation. I found that most of the people that were hourly were using Bob Evans as a "stepping stone" to their next position or as a second job.
It started out alrght...
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 29, 2016
This place really let me down. My mother worked for this company many years before. She warned me, told me not to get my hopes up. I should've listened to her. The leadership there was non-existent, and the staff had no sense of teamwork.
Pros
Plenty of you time
Cons
Management, co-workers attidudes, rate of pay.
over all a good exsperience
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 15, 2016
my experience at Bob Evans was a good first job experience for me. given my age and grade level at the time, I do believe I took on too much to continue working there but if I had went back I think I would enjoy working there again
Pros
worked with my school scedual
Cons
feet hurt at the end of the day
Good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2016
Pay was okay, very demanding but i was up for the challenge. They give you an opportunity to grow provided you are willing to grow and learn fast. i work about 8-10 Bob Evans Restaurant within 4 years. Employees can difficult but they will go above and beyond for so along you treat them the right way
There is a lack of management and enforcement of the policies and procedures.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 31, 2016
There is a definite need for change in management, starting with the general manager. He sets the bar and the attitude for the store. The attitude and actions he puts out lets everyone else know what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior.
Friendly workplace. Very hard workers
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 17, 2016
Loved My job and the people that I was surrounded by.
Everyone worked hard for the goals to meet.

There is so much I can say Good about my job. I Loved working in the office and meeting new people.

Very high intense when deadlines were meant. But comfortable.

The higher of HR was very friendly and positive.
Pros
Did not have to leave building for lunch. Had a Cafe for convience
Cons
Lunch breaks were timely
Working with friends is fun.
Dishwasher, Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bob Evans has been great! I love coming to work and giving it my all. Even as a master dishwasher I still learn things about washing dishes. I love teaching people how to wash dishes too. As a novice cook I'm learning quickly to adept and enjoying the work. The friends I can make are pretty cool too. And for those that aren't good friends you learn to deal with, weather it's patience or kindness you can't go wrong. I just stay calm, keep my bad thoughts to myself, and try to help them a little. All in all I've learned a lot from Bob Evans.
Pros
Half off, cool employees and managers
Cons
Certain People
Hectic Understaffed Workplace
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OHApril 15, 2016
A typical day at Bob Evan's was coming in to a crazy atmosphere and immediately trying to make a bunch of food for overworked chefs and waitresses. I would often burn myself in the rush to keep up. I never worked with any other prep chef's I was always alone to do a two person job.
Pros
Reasonable Scheduling
Cons
Understaffed
family vibe
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2016
I worked there for almost 7 years combined ( on and off). i was a regular employee and later a manager. i think that it is a great company and i loved it. i worked nights, as a manager, and had a small child so i left. but besides that really good place to work. its like family.
Not all employees have good work ethics and spoils the experience for others with their laziness
Training Specialist/Grill Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAFebruary 27, 2016
I really think that a lot of people only see it as a paycheck and not as a way of serving others. My job is easy but others fail to do theirs as good as I do and of course making up for their slack is an every shift I work task.
Pros
You can give availability hours and only be considered for those times when schedules are made.
Cons
No smoking on property and have to clock out, No drinks in work areas even if too busy to go to break area.