Bob Jones University Employee Reviews in United States

Great cleaning experience with the team
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2016
One of the best days I had is how other coworkers used work ethics and high sense of urgency. I learned how to manage my time as well as developing organization skills. Although I had a rough time with my task, I still step back in the zone where I can and will succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is to communicate well other coworkers.
Pros
socialize
Cons
not getting the task done in time
Very friendly, helpful environment and people
Makeup Crew (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2016
I was given clear instructions. I learned how to do a job well done and to keep an eye on detail. My coworkers and I became friends and achieved our tasks together. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the semester. I fully intend to join them again at the start of the school year. The most enjoyable part was seeing what we accomplished - a clean campus and actors ready to perform.
Carpet Crew
Carpet Crew (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 15, 2016
I had to clean carpets.
At the beginning of this work, I had to clean bathrooms, vacuum floors, and clean other rooms.

I learned that I had to manage my time better since I worked 2 hours a day while I was at school, and that decision made me study harder and manage my time better.

The hardest part of the job was breathing in dirty air since there was no window inside the building.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn how to use the machine to clean the carpets.
Pros
using the machine to clean carpets
Cons
breathing in dirty air, tired of working as a carpet crew
Great leadership training and academically challenging enviroment.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 24, 2016
On a typical workday I will do room check, which includes making sure the guys are out of the dorm during appropriate times of the day and making sure there rooms are neat. I then will be making sure that the students on campus are conducting themselves in a appropriate fashion, I would say this is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship building. Getting to know staff, faculty, and other students over meals and in meetings. I have a dorm supervisor who is my manager that I report to and he reports to the Dean of Men. I work with another residential assistant in my dorm and two hall mentors. I have learned leadership skills, communication skills, and organization skills.
Pros
relationship building
Cons
dealing with conflicts and discipline
Convenient College Work
CUSTODIAL CREW CHIEF (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2016
Great job with flexible hours and understanding management. Schedule was flexible to my personal college schedule. There was some small opportunity for advancement.
Very friendly environment
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Supervisors are expecting hard work but at the same time they are flexible and understanding. It is a good working environment and I no one was ever disrespectful to me.
Excellent work environment anc co-workers
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2015
Welcomed Visitors to campus
gave tours
was a counselor for the summer camps
was a facilitator for the leadership academy
the management was understanding, friendly and gave adequate training for job proficiency
co-workers and I built friendships that still are intact
hardest part was trying to help frustrated parents
most enjoyable was working through leadership activities and teaching the group during degriefings
Pros
free room and board
Cons
long hours, on-call 24/7
Productive Engaging Environment
Bruins Soccer Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2015
Very simple and easy to balance with school and other extra curricular activities. Its an easy way for the school to function, and let the students earn some revenue.
Great ministry
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 16, 2015
Great place to work. The pay isn't very good, but the benefits are. Almost everyone you work with would be a considered a "great person" and competent. There were some management issues when I was there, but they were eventually resolved and I don't think they have those problems as much now.
Working as a Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 23, 2015
I liked my job because of the interaction I had with the teacher and the students. It helped me visualize everything from "both sides."
Private Universtiy
Systems Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 26, 2015
Because they are a private university they are a little weak on how they care for the team. Overall not a bad place to work when I was there but it is ever changing and to top heavy today.
Cons
to many chiefs and too much confusion
Fast-Paced Productive Department
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2015
I would deliver various furniture and packages from one building to another on- and off-campus. Management is excellent and being performance drivers that get the best out of their team members. My student workers were good workers but not necessarily the best at teaching a new leader, like myself when I was new in the department, how to do the work. It was understandable because they were young and learning how to deal with people and personalities different from themselves, which was the hardest part of leadership, working with personalities different from your own.
great environment and great coworkers
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2015
I loved working at the Printshop at Bob Jones University. I had a great supervisor and amazing coworkers. I really miss working there.
Custodial at Bob Jones University
Custodial Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 13, 2015
A typical day, when I worked there, was typically an hour of work ending at midnight for my workers, but the night was longer for those of us who were managers. Although they later improved the hours, the hardest part of this work was the late hours after a full day of classes for all the workers, but this gave me the opportunity to strengthen my skills of motivating my workers and making the work as enjoyable as possible for them.
Pros
convenient for students
Cons
little potential for job advancement
Productive workplace
Custodial Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 8, 2015
I only work for one hour a night for custodial, but it is usually the highlight of my day. The people I work with are amazing and extremely encouraging. My GA's (the graduate students over me) are always so kind and I have made lasting friendships with many of them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend more time with my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers. I have made some of my best friends from training and working with them.
Caring leadership that invests in your life
I.T. Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville SCJanuary 31, 2015
Great place to work as a student.Willing to conform to fit your schedule. A typical day involves helping people who come in connect to the internet or remove viruses.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
I don't think I would ever work there again if I didn't have to
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCJanuary 7, 2015
The people can be enjoyable to work with, but the higher up management expect too much for too little. One staff member had four jobs in order to make a living. And one of the jobs I had was infested with idea fairies. They didn't let new ideas about how to do things mature; it was just one new idea after the next. Every week we were changing the way we were doing our jobs. Furthermore we weren't allowed to do the job the way we felt best. The Graduate Assistants told us how they wanted the job to be done, and we got into trouble if we didn't do it their way (thus the idea fairies).

Needless to say, if you are going to the University for your education, avoid working for them if possible.
Pros
coworkers (some)
Cons
pay and benefits are terrible, not enough working hours, new ideas don't sit long enough to work
Bob Jonees University
Professor of Physics and Astronomy (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 31, 2014
This is a great place to work in day to day teaching, The students work hard and appreciate you as a teacher. The administration is somewhat disconnected with faculty and is mostly worried about enrollments and cutting expenses. At age 66, expect to be laid off.
Pros
the studenees and working in the lord's work.
Cons
administrators cold and aloof.
Student worker
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 14, 2014
Worked with a great crew of girls. I learned different skills everyday with the help of my crew chiefs and supervisors.
Good place to work for ministry minded employees
Recycling Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 26, 2014
Most managers are great to work for. If you have a desire to serve in a ministry minded workplace, this is a great place for you to work.

4.2