Bob Jones University Employee Reviews

Random jobs with random leaders
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 28, 2017
I worked multiple BJU jobs, with different people. Jobs included custodial, maintenance, and food service. Each job was ultimately lead by the head of the department, so this head ultimately controlled the work environment. So my Maintenance job was awesome, but my custodial job had some unnecessary stress.
Pros
Flexable schedual
Cons
Lack of communication, especially between departments.
Obvious lack of caring
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2017
Since the majority of employees were students or graduate students, one would expect a certain level of understanding regarding time requirements etc. Not the care. We were expected to let our academics suffer to support the university. Absolutely ridiculous.
Challenging envionrment that produces well-rounded individual
Lab Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 22, 2017
I studied four years at Bob Jones University. During my studies I worked as a lab assistant. I was in charge of the genetics lab group. I was responsible for setting up the labs and making sure they ran according to protocol.
Assistant Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2017
BJU is a great place to work. You have a great environment, the people are friendly and want to help you with anything that you need. The other staff members are very caring.
Worked us hard
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2017
Had to work very hard and management was constantly breathing down our backs. I was disciplined several times for being back late from lunch break by less than 5 minutes several times.
All jobs
Dry Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 3, 2017
People are very friendly and caring and understanding. The benefits are great! The only reason i am leaving is because i want to start a family soon and need a hirer paying job.
Bju
Custodial Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Area 1May 31, 2017
I'm just going to try to reach my 150 character minimum. To do this, I need to type at least a couple more sentences. The dog jumped over the tall man.
helpful supervisors and personal growth oppertunity
Crew Chief -Custodial (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2017
I enjoyed being part of a work crew and learning how to manage people, I was thankful for the opportunity to help contribute to paying my student bill.
Make sure all food each area have the right temperatures and good presentation
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 8, 2017
Ensuring that each area in the dining archive meets the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan, serving customers with the highest level of service.
Interesting and fast-paced
Lights Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 3, 2017
It was just fun to get to see the behind the scenes for the plays produced there and a good working experience. A typical day at work is going around and setting up or moving lights. I learned what positions to put lights for maximum coverage. The hardest part of the job is climbing up on these platforms that hang above the stage. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the finished product come together to make a beautiful performance.
Challenging and Quick-paced
ENGLISH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 1, 2017
Bob Jones university may not have a stellar reputation, but it is a nice place to work. They take care of their people and encourage you to do your best in whatever task you have. The work was quick-paced, but doable, and my supervisors were kind and understanding.
Very Rewarding Experience working with different people
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 8, 2017
The job has stretched me in ways like time management and learning how to say no. It is a great job because I get the privilege of interacting and getting to know the girls on my hall.
Workday
Social events assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2017
When working at Bob Jones, it was great experience. The other employees you worked with were college students just like you so you had something in common. The management was wonderful and really looked out for you and asked how you were doing all the time.
Developing environment encourages growth
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 25, 2017
With regular meetings with various levels within management the vision for what I am responsible to do is clear and comes with great support. the hardest part of my Job entails disciplining students when falling outside the university's handbook guidelines.
Pros
flexible hours and good staff benefits
Cons
changes within the organization can at times be communicated poorly
Productive and Challenging Desk Job
Center for Leadership and Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2017
During my shifts at the desk, I was to be constantly available to help students or visitors with any questions. My supervisors would occasionally ask me to complete projects for them as promptly as possible. I was in charge of answering/returning phones calls to the desk and making sure messages were delivered. The assistants were also in charge of scheduling appointments for meeting rooms in the building. I worked with a wonderful group of students and respectful, helpful supervisors. I learned a lot about handling different questions from a variety of people and their concerns about certain issues. I also learned to be flexible and available to my supervisors and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping other students in check if something was being done against school policy. I greatly enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers and working a desk job with a variety of responsibility.
Good place to learn
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2017
Great school great people. Good place to learn. Great teachers and students. Great place to be working while learning at the same time. Really enjoyed being there.
A basic workplace with very friendly superiors
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2016
Bob Jones University is a school that is known for striving excellency in everything. One can see that in the workplace as well. The people work diligently and take their work seriously. Yet the superiors are mostly gracious and understanding with regard to the student workers.
Two year degree program in 3 years
Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2016
I graduated from Bob Jones University with an associates degree in Christian Ministries. It was a fantastic experience in both education and extra curricular activities.
Great cleaning experience with the team
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2016
One of the best days I had is how other coworkers used work ethics and high sense of urgency. I learned how to manage my time as well as developing organization skills. Although I had a rough time with my task, I still step back in the zone where I can and will succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is to communicate well other coworkers.
Pros
socialize
Cons
not getting the task done in time
Very friendly, helpful environment and people
Makeup Crew (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2016
I was given clear instructions. I learned how to do a job well done and to keep an eye on detail. My coworkers and I became friends and achieved our tasks together. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the semester. I fully intend to join them again at the start of the school year. The most enjoyable part was seeing what we accomplished - a clean campus and actors ready to perform.