Bobby & Steve's Auto World Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun place to work, great team culture
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  MplsJune 2, 2017
I really enjoy the fast pace and how different it is from any other place I have worked. Great company to work for. They really value their people and treat you like family. I have worked in 5 different stores and have gained friends for life from all of them. The company really takes care of the managers and associates. It was the best company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Drive to work
Company that Cares
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at Bobby & Steve's Auto World is the ability to really make a difference. Since it is a family owned company, you have a direct say to the ownership group. Your opinion matters!
You also have the opportunity to grow and learn in a wide variety of areas. Most impressive story is about an employee who was hired to work overnights. She learned the position well and moved up to shift leader, then to Store Leader, then to Operations Leader and finally to the Director of Retail.
This company has also started to offer 401K in addition to health insurance, company paid dental and paid time off. Other perks are great too - automotive repair, food and gasoline discounts.
Great peolpe to work around
Cashier and carwash attendant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 8, 2017
The customers make the job fun. with me coming from the food and beverage atmosphere working at a gas station now is a little bit more slower for me. I'm used to a very fast past environment.
Worst Towing job ever!
Tow Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2016
Bobby and steevs can't keep people they just don't show up for work because they hate working here that much. Pay is low 25% commission or $12 an hour no brakes and they make you use your own phone to call people. There is no leadeship skills don't count on them not throwing you under the bus to save them selves. This is my 5th tow company in several years. I would not recommend this company they care more about profit then their employee's. It's a really shady company to work for.
Cons
No brakes. They take money out of your check to laundry your uniforms, Will change your schedule without notifying you.
My typical day
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2016
Day starts at 6:30. There are always 3 people per shift. We begin by checking on the coffee station. Typically, after that we begin by refilling all of the coolers with all of the appropriate( it changes weekly/monthly) product. Then someone is assigned to check/clean the restrooms and restock them with needed supplies. Around 8:00, we need to unlock the beer cooler. Between 8:00 and 10:00 we front-face the store and restock product on the shelf . At around 10:00, we start going on lunch breaks. Lunch breaks are 30 minutes long. Between 11:00 and 1:00, we must be at the front registers during the lunch rush. After 1:00, we resume cleaning and restocking the store while helping customers at the registers. At 2:30, the second shift comes in and the first shift is relieved from the counter duty. Then, the first shift takes their till upstairs to count down their till and verify all the necessary slips and deposits are made with accounting. After we are done counting down our tills and finished all of the appropriate actions that includes, regular employees are free to go. Shift leaders/managers must stay a little longer to ensure that the next shift has started smoothly and assists with any help that may be needed by the next shift.
sounds better then actually is.
sales floor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNAugust 26, 2015
From a past employee. They say they will help you balance life and work but they don't. The pay is not worth how much you do there. Be carful with what one manger teaches you because it changes from each one if they teach you anything.
Pros
advocates (customers) where friendly.
Cons
No one is on the same page disorganized. Hard to learn your job no training
Fun Company, Terrible Careers
Overnight Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2015
Bobby & Steve's, BSAW, has been a great place for me to work while going to school so that I could work on building a career. However, the management at the company and the level to which they value their workers has been about as poor as I have witnessed out of any business.

My typical day at work would include reorganizing inventory, placing orders for the majority of store product, working directly with customers and leading my team to ensure the store was maintained and running efficiently. Along with that, I would regularly have to figure out how to solve customer issues and repair store equipment. Along with all of this, I would lead team reviews, participate in team and operations meetings, develop company SOPs and figure out any methods to improve business efficiency. Due to the company allowing me, essentially forcing me, to do these tasks, I would consider this a great company to grow in, as you will have to do more than just push buttons behind a cash register.

The management at BSAW, from operations leaders to ownership, has showed a lack of principle and dedication to employees. The majority of employees were considered 100% replaceable, regardless of their knowledge or abilities within the company. Raises and promotions were next to impossible to obtain; even if a raise or promotion was promised to you, you would not receive it. The management had no problems with lying to their employees.

The hardest part of this job was to work with management and make improvements to the company. The management would regularly make decisions with little to no
  more... planning or experience with the decisions they would make, then take out their poor decisions on the employees.

The most enjoyment I ever received from this company was working with the customers. Being a convenience store, there were many customers I would see every day that were regularly pleasant to work with.
Workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2014
Typical day of the Office Leader from good mood to bad mood never when but always when things don't happen her way. The office Leader lacks training to her Assistant. I think that needs to be approached aggressive because I think she likes to screw people up telling them wrong and then they have been right the first time.
Pros
Discount on your rewards card
Cons
half hour lunch
Take Note
Store Leader / Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2014
This is what a gas station job is supposed to be like. Great leadership and treated employees like human beings.
worst company I ever worked for.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 31, 2013
I hated going to this job. It wasn't so much the work that was so bad but the people i worked with. They were awful! The guys and girls in the cash box were nice but when you go into the shop where i was at, everyone was rude and mad off all the time. I like a few guys there but one was the old grumpy mechanic. He's was the second biggest reason why i quit. The biggest reason though was Steve Anderson, the owner was the greediest boss i ever worked for. They shorted me on my pay checks 6 weeks in a row.
Pros
Cons
The employees, open till 11 at night, No help clean form other employees
Poor manager
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2013
Manager was insensitive to his employees' needs and treated employees with little to no respect.
Family-like Team w/ Opportunites for Advancement
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MnMarch 29, 2013
A typical day depends on the department that you work in. Some of our locations have as many as 7 different profit centers. There are a variety of tasks and familiar and new faces to serve each day.

I have learned more than I can list in this review in the last 12 plus years with BSAW, however, to list a few: confidence, mistakes are ok if you learn from them, team work accomplishes more than being a lone ranger, and dissatisfaction drives change. The companies leadership participates in weekly meeting to learn and develop better leadership skills and techniques. Some of the books that we have studied are John C. Maxwell leadership books, Leading from the Heart by Coach K, a Vince Lomardi book and a lot more.

We have a family-like working atmosphere. We develop relationships and learn to depend on each other and help develop each other.

Sometimes the hardest part of the job is opening ourselves up to learning more and going beyond the our comfort zones. Adversity is often the best teacher, so we are taught to embrace it while enduring it, so can become stronger on the other side of it.

The best part of the job is building relationships both with co-workers and our advocates.
Pros
co-workers, flexible schedules, multiple departments, multiple locations, tremendous growth potential
Cons
benefits could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bobby & Steve's Auto World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8