Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Department Charge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 15, 2016
We collaborate with each other to get the work done. My managers are amazingly supportive of everything I do. They really motivate me to continue my education.
Pros
education opportunity
Registered nurse emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 8, 2016
I worked as a registered nurse all shifts usually 12 hours in the emergency department. I was more often than not assigned to the triage desk. I learned how to prioritize medical and surgical severities. I also learned how to interact with patients and their families in a manor which would alleviate unnecessary fear and apprehension.
Pros
Effiecnly treat patients and families with kindness and consideration
Cons
Having an overwhelming amount of patients who needed immediate attention.
Nice place to work
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 29, 2015
Nice place to work. Looking to expand my skill set. Its the only hospital I have ever worked at, I would like to expand my horizons.
Strong Rehab department with great staff
Staff Physical Therapist - Acute Care PRN (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 3, 2015
The management was flexible and approachable. The staff are friendly, helpful and bring pleasure to the work environment.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  boca raton, flOctober 9, 2015
Made and distributed medication throughout the hospital, including IVs and tablets. Communicated with hospital staff, such as pharmacists, doctors, and nurses.
amazing coworkers
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 4, 2015
Supervisors there really do care about their employees and patients, I love the fact that they gave the opportunity to meet such great people and the chance to better my future with them.. I was really sad I had to relocate and leave..
N/a
Medical/Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2015
good place to work for, low patient ratio and great benefit. Located near the beaches, friendly atmosphere. great support from the management team .
Rapid growing organization
Registered Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Many opportunities for networking and educational support. Boca Raton Regional has expanded tremendously in the last 2 consecutive years. Many new services provides in out-patient and in-patient areas. Medical staff and physicians group is expanding. This is a great place to network and work. The organization may not be the largest in the county however their growth rate shows much promise.
Pros
lunches, tuition reimbursement, great benefits, flexibility of hours.
Cons
Need additional management training and education.
Profession in every point
BOCA REGONAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 3, 2015
I was an intern for an hour a day, it was an amazing opportunity for someone of 17 years old. Everyone was kind to me and they were eager to take on an understudy.
hostile environment
Clinical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  boca ratonJuly 22, 2015
What a horrible experience. Very poorly managed work environment, with extremely undermining employees! They make you think everyone is working on the same team, all together as a unit, but that's certainly not the case here. Everyone is for themselves there. If you're hired there make sure to watch your back at all times. Even the people that train you teach you how to do things the WRONG way, and when you confront them about it in a nice way, you'll get reprimanded and potentially fired. I'm glad to no longer be an employee at this place.
Pros
Cons
horrible
A very nice and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2015
It is a nice place to work because everybody works as a team. Being a hospital, typically working there is really demanding as you need to be extra careful not to give the wrong to patients.
Decent hospital, good care
Patient Care Technician Neuro ICU (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2015
Great care, great staff. Wonderful place to learn and to grow your skills. Patients are put first and that is what matters. .
Enjoyable and educational place to work
Clinical Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 12, 2015
I worked at Boca Raton Regional Hospital for two years and 10 months, i enjoyed it very much. My co-workers are team players , u never fell like u are on your own. As a Clinical Assistant i felt respected by all , management acknowledge our work and made us feel very important on the team. On my floor the over turn of patients is very high so we are always busy but staffing is excellent so you don't feel the pressure . The most enjoyable part of my job is patient satisfaction, knowing my patient where please of there care at the end of my shift.
Pros
boca tokens and movie tickets after a hard day at work
Cons
health insurance, 401k, pto.
Great team work, 16 years.
Telemetry Monitor technician (Current Employee) –  800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Fl 33486February 24, 2015
A day at Boca Raton regional hospital starts the day with the night shift gaving us report. We start our day with doing am strips. We are in a centralized monitoring room watching 202 pt. with four stations. I learned to work at a fast past with great team work we help one another in any way that we can. Our Director and nurse manager are great to work for, They are very professional.
Pros
great people that i have meet in the 16 years.
Cons
the distance when i relocate.
Productive place to work
Hostess/ Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Come into work. Find out where you will be for that day and prepare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. Management was not good. Caring for up to 40 patients for the entire day. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing that you made a difference in helping the patient.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
short breaks, 12 hour shifts
Great Place to Work
Credit Balance Analyst/Collector (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 8, 2014
I had an enjoyable time working at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Management was pleasant and helpful and always there to assist. Their doors were always open. Coworkers were friendly and also always there to assist to get the job done. Team work. Probably one of the best places I have ever worked. Just wish there was a little bit more room for growth and a bit better pay.
Pros
open door policy, assisting managers, team playing coworkers
Cons
pay, no room for growth unless you have a 4 year degree or certifications
Organization that meets the needs of the community
Evening Charge Nurse-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 9, 2014
busy but organized well managed operating room
became familiar with new equipment
was able to support the vision and mission statement of the facility
co-workers where well trained
hardest part of the job was not always having enough staff to do the job
the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the patient recived the best possible care
Pros
salary and retirement benefits
Cons
shortage of staff sometimes
worked in cancer treatment center and it is very compassionate place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 23, 2014
it is a very busy center but every need is met daily
learned skills that made the patient experience good
the managers are awesome and have the best interest of the staff at heart
coworkers are team players and we make job look easy
trying to make sure the flow is good for the doctors
making a difference for the patients
Pros
free lunches and very pleasant environment
Cons
having to rush patients for their appointments at times
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  boca raton, flSeptember 18, 2014
Learned a lot.
Great experience.
Preformed 50+ venipunctures a day
Great Employee's
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 12, 2014
A typical day consist of review of schedules for the previous day. Daily schedule auditing and staff planning for night shift employees. I learned the logistics on patient flow throughout the hospital. I learned how staffing effects the budget limits. Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful. The hardest part was adjusting to changes in new developments, such as new buildings and limited employee parking.