Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

centralized scheduling department
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Expected to work overtime but never compensated. Not enough employees to get the job done. Employees constantly starting rumors and talking gossip. Departments do not work together. Can’t get the equipment needed to do your job. No support from department heads or senior team. The worst medical benefits that I have ever had, not sick leave and no pay for holidays.Terrible manager and upper managment upholds her and her bad behavior
Mismanaged from top down
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2016
This was the place where I was most disillusioned. I left the ER for a less laborious office environment. I was recruited by a friend and felt really excited initially because I loved the CNO and was very impressed by management. However, the management was "mismanaged" and all upper level roles were replaced by consultants. The transition created instability, chaos, flux and unease.
Pros
Job security for anybody willing to stay.
Cons
Uneasy coworkers
hospital review
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2016
i loved working here , everyone's polite and ready to teach. the hospital itself is well managed and clean. but what i loved most is every year the offer a raise or relocation in the hospital.
Pros
grate hospital
Cons
no cons
A Day At Boca Regional Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Boca Regional Hospital was unpredictable. I learned to always be prepared for the unexpected. But to be honest, Boca Regional in my opinion miss or missed evaluating individuals for empathy especially in management. Not all are equipped to promote. My co-workers were a great team to work with as they put forth a great level of team effort to get the job done. However, management made everyday a hard day unnecessarily resulting in the moral of employees to be very low thus also resulting in employees resigning.
The most enjoyable part of my job to be honest was the exposure to such experience. Nothing in life is easy. But no matter what, my mission is to serve and provide the best customer service with a great attitude because the world needs it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No room to Grow
Busiest Lab in Any Palm Beach Hospital
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 23, 2016
Be prepared to work non stop for your salary. They take in business from outside entities and add it to the hospital work load.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, constant stress from work volume.
Dependable, predictable organization.
Payment Allocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 29, 2016
Solid organization that values loyal employees. Expects feedback of its workforce, known to give bonuses. Hourly wages discourage some of the workforce. Salary positions are respectable and well paid. Well respected, well run organization.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, PTO structure needs re-evaluation.
Awful company to work for, hostile environment, and full of gossip
ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Don't trust anyone! Not even H.R they are just there to protect them, they can careless about the employees best interest.
The Management in the kitchen are awful they can careless about your opinions, you don't have a voice In there and if dare to speak they would make sure that you will no longer have a job, H.R act as if they're on your side which is false. It's a hostile working environment and management talks to you however they want and they discuss private matters behind closed doors....this place is a joke! Well I don't know about the rest of the hospital but the kitchen takes the cake!!! This hospital will be training others replacement right under they're noises... Managers don't know they're diets and they're playing ping- pong with people lives!!! Some of they're so called trainees are giving cardiac patients Bacon...
Pros
They're benefits are great
Cons
But they're no security at that job....
Great Learnin Experience
Patient FInancial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2016
Customer service, assist walk in patients, claims, meetings, reports.

The company overall is a great learning experience however need more staff because you are over worked. A lot of favoritism and gossiping. I will say a good job but no room for growth.
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
short lunch
Great place to work and develop your skills
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2017
It is a great place to develop any skill you feel like you are lacking. Veteran techs are willing to help with protocol and patient care.
Horrible company to work for, hostile environment, and full of gossip
Database Administrator Foundation (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 31, 2016
Pros
helping people
Cons
no breaks, off site parking, horrible working hours
productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Boca Regional hospital. It was a great environment and a fun place. A typical work was at Boca Regional was easy. I learned at Boca Regional I love helping patients. My co-workers at Boca Regional was great to work with and team players.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Rapid growing organization
Registered Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Many opportunities for networking and educational support. Boca Raton Regional has expanded tremendously in the last 2 consecutive years. Many new services provides in out-patient and in-patient areas. Medical staff and physicians group is expanding. This is a great place to network and work. The organization may not be the largest in the county however their growth rate shows much promise.
Pros
lunches, tuition reimbursement, great benefits, flexibility of hours.
Cons
Need additional management training and education.
Patient access
Patient Access Diagnostic Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2016
No room for advancement
People are not always friendly. I learned a lot. Exit interview given.
I worked hard and was lied to about growth and much more opportunities due to others being intimidated by me
Enjoyable and educational place to work
Clinical Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 12, 2015
I worked at Boca Raton Regional Hospital for two years and 10 months, i enjoyed it very much. My co-workers are team players , u never fell like u are on your own. As a Clinical Assistant i felt respected by all , management acknowledge our work and made us feel very important on the team. On my floor the over turn of patients is very high so we are always busy but staffing is excellent so you don't feel the pressure . The most enjoyable part of my job is patient satisfaction, knowing my patient where please of there care at the end of my shift.
Pros
Boca tokens and movie tickets after a hard day at work
Cons
Health insurance, 401k, PTO.
Easy going days
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2016
I would schedule mammos, and well women checkups. I would also gather medical records and file them in EMR. I also setup EKGs and EEGs and PET scans for patients.
Pros
Beautiful window view
Cons
nothing
Good place
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonNovember 16, 2012
I worked there for one year and half. Most of the upper Management I worked with are no longer there. The salaries are not competitive but upper managment gets paid well. The employees were generally happy but lots of favoritism.
Pros
benefits, good cafeteria, great holiday party
Cons
lower salaries
hostile environment
Clinical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  boca ratonJuly 22, 2015
What a horrible experience. Very poorly managed work environment, with extremely undermining employees! They make you think everyone is working on the same team, all together as a unit, but that's certainly not the case here. Everyone is for themselves there. If you're hired there make sure to watch your back at all times. Even the people that train you teach you how to do things the WRONG way, and when you confront them about it in a nice way, you'll get reprimanded and potentially fired. I'm glad to no longer be an employee at this place.
Pros
Cons
horrible
echo externship
Echocardiography Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 31, 2016
I was able to shadow some amazing people at this hospital. You get what you put in. If your there to learn everyone will inform you to get better in your endeavors.
Cons
no free lunch, no high chance of placement
Registered nurse emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 8, 2016
I worked as a registered nurse all shifts usually 12 hours in the emergency department. I was more often than not assigned to the triage desk. I learned how to prioritize medical and surgical severities. I also learned how to interact with patients and their families in a manor which would alleviate unnecessary fear and apprehension.
Pros
Effiecnly treat patients and families with kindness and consideration
Cons
Having an overwhelming amount of patients who needed immediate attention.
Great team players.
RN (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 7, 2016
During the challenging times; such as during the high season;
when we are short staff, we do have co-workers who are willing to go the extra mile and volunteer to come in if called upon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Boca Raton Regional Hospital Reviews by Location