Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

I ran away as fast as I could!!
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2017
This place felt toxic every single day, I was stressed out of my mind and it made me terribly depressed. I worked there for years as per diem and was never allowed to have full time because they didn't want to give people benefits. My shifts were definitely abusive, I was forced to work Saturdays, forced to work 2 hour and 4 hour shifts, forced to work on the mobile mammography van despite having severe motion sickness and IBS, forced to always be on call. When I say forced, I mean that if I didn't do it then the manager would tell me she would give all the hours to someone who "wanted to work". They ask you to leave if it is slow, and they under staff, even full time employees don't get 40 hours a week. Holiday pay is taken from your very limited PTO if you're full time and that is forced; it is not a choice. I was constantly looking for other jobs and as soon as I found one I left this place and never looked back. They fire people a lot and they do it with a big smile; the director loves to smile...
Run now
Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 4, 2017
The supervisor is very childish and brings all of her dating problems to work. Once you voice your opinion or tell the truth about her she finds a way to write you up. Upper management goes along with her unacceptable behavior the turnover rate is high due to her actions. She’s a huge liar. She’s not even a competent scheduler. Don’t waste your time it’s not worth it. No one really pulls their own weight. Don’t go full time your pay decreases about 2 dollars.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Poor work environment
Distributions Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 21, 2017
This has been one of my worst experience working at this hospital.
Disrespectful lead/team leader. Management is all about saving the bottom line. Unfriendly environment.
excellent place to work
RN Emergency Room Nurse Manageer Surgical unit (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 31, 2017
At the time I was there, we had an excellent leadership program and many opportunities for advancement, which I was able to take advantage of too increase my knowledge and skills.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Patient Advocate part-time (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work. Challenging, competitive and enjoyable. The CEO is very "hands on". Always looking for ways to provide the best customer service experience possible.
Fair place to work
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Fair place to work. Benefits are very good. But, employee parking is a hassle. Free and conveinte employee wellness clinic which is now open for dependents.
great work environment
Clinical research nurse -Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
its an awesome place to work, they offer great benefits and a competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and a friendly environment. great employee patient satisfaction
Stressful
Emergency Room Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 16, 2017
I worked in the Emergency Room. My co-workers were very childish and unprofessional. my salary was tremendously reduced and benefits suspended when I transferred to Per Diem status.
Everyday life
Rehab Support Associate Aide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2017
My hours consisted of working 5 days a week from 8am to 4:30pm with and uninterrupted 30 minute lunch break. Everyday I would wash tags, set up the swallow tray, clean and organize equipment, and assist therapists in their everyday working task so that they were able to perform their job.

Hardest part of the job was trying to find parking in the morning as there were limited places to park. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and new patients everyday to see what new stories would be told today.

Management was some what inconsistent. I have been there for 3 years in the department and I have had 3 different directors in this span. Everybody knew their job and performed exceptionally well.
Cons
Limited pay, not enough staff in some areas
Working at Boca
Administrative Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 11, 2017
It was stressful and tough to fit in. The culture is not very diverse in the lab. The hardest part about working the lab was the management they did not help with boosting moral.
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive
My experience
Administrative Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2017
Pleasant place to work, nice culture and people. Good Location and flexibility. Hospital is well regarded in the community. Opportunities for advancement,
Extremely Stressful, Poor Management
Food and Nutrition, Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 18, 2017
Impossible work standards, so many rules and reasons to be "written up" its impossible to meet all assigned tasks. The day starts at 5:45 am where you have to arrive 45 minutes before your shift or you will not get a parking spot. Then you go in and start setting up your shift (unpaid) because there is not enough time once you punch in at your assigned time. Then you work for 12+ hours and rarely get time for breaks or lunch. There were no benefits, no paid time off, no sick time, no health insurance.
Just awful
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2017
Their mammography department is vastly mismanaged and it shows. Tech's are constantly stressed about losing their jobs and catty behavior is rewarded. Workplace abuse is common with manipulating of individual tech's hours, forcing tech's to quit, official write ups on trivial matters, favoritism, and general bullying by management that comes from the top and trickles down. Of the 10 facilities I have worked at in my long career, this is the one that I warn people about.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Abuse, low pay
Impressive, experienced, Important, Feel-Good, Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 12, 2017
Learn something new everyday

Always something interesting and exciting going on

Work with and around knowledgeable and influential people

Beautiful campus

Awesome to be able to be apart of something that makes peoples lives better
Pros
Amazing on site Cafe, Beautiful location, Interactive Managment, Opportunity for advancment
Cons
Parking, Understaffed, Underdeveloped
Loved it
Interventional Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 11, 2017
One of the best hospitals Ive ever worked for. Smaller and not a big chain, so work wasn't crazy or busy but still learned a lot! Doctors are willing to teach and coworkers are a great support.
internship
Cancer Institute Community Outreach Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2017
My goal is to go into the medical field which is why I am now interning at a cancer institute community outreach. I enjoy being a part of the community and medical staff and I enjoy organizing community outreach events to benefit cancer patients. I feel like i can advance here after i get my degree.
Na
Food Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 4, 2017
I don't have much to say except its a job and that's all it is. Management within the department isn't very good. They also don't support your advancement desires.
Boca Care
Health Information Management Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 27, 2017
Boca Care is the affiliate of Boca Raton Regiona Hospital, however they have different compensation scale and benefits package. The benefits package is not impressive: high medical insurance payment, low 401K contribution, and no sick/vacation days. You have to occur PTO which is being deducted for every Federal Holiday, so you are only left with approximately 4 days your first year. There isn't much advancement opportunity, no matter how much effort you put in.
Pros
cake for your birthday
Cons
horrible benefits, Pto, low potential for advancement
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 26, 2017
Improvements will make nurses jobs easier. Great Place to work! New Computers systems coming soon! great management! must understand your clientele before you start to work their.
not a productive and fun work place on the 7th floor
Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2017
The Management and Execs can improve relations with staff by creating better work life culture. staff need to know they have job security and support
Pros
good benefits
Cons
favoritism is show to some individuals, poor pay grade

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Boca Raton Regional Hospital Reviews by Location