Body Central Employee Reviews

Fun and upbeat
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Body Central was a very fun place to work. Making outfits for the walls and having window changes once a month. The staff was very easy to get along with and relate too
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No very many hours
Body C
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This was my very first job and honestly I was not trained very well. I didn't really benefit much from working besides helping customers find outfits and make sales.
Loved this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJanuary 26, 2018
I truly did love this company and I am SO sad that they closed down. I met a lot of great women there and learned a lot of new things. I did feel that they gave raises and higher positions but that is all said and done.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Body Central was such an enjoyable job. I felt welcomed from the very beginning. The day always started and ended with cleaning and counting down registers.
Company shut down
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2018
The company shut down. It was a fun place to work, everyone got along well but the corporate office was a little unprofessional. I still enjoyed working there.
Company closed
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 27, 2017
Drastic change in merchandising led to company closing. Poor work/life balance. Unprofessional management. Company alienated it's core customer which led to the demise of company
Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 15, 2017
At work you are given tasks to be completed throughout the day on your shift. Employers got along well with each other. Your job tasks kept you busy throughout the day.
Pros
friendy
slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 5, 2017
even though it was a slow paced environment we enjoyed each other every one had something they were good at and it helped the manager place that individual were they were strong at.
Pros
team player
Cons
closed down
Very Busy, Also fun.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2017
Retail is my favorite place to work. I love talking to customers, and helping them in whatever I can. Satisfying the customers is what I was best a, I always made sure they walked out satisfied and with a smile on their face,
Pros
Bring your own lunch.
Cons
15 minute break
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 29, 2017
This was a new store that had just opened up and it was expanding at a rapid pace. the team was like a sisterhood. the customers were great. The company went bankrupt
Loved it
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 25, 2017
This by far my favorite job ive had. would go back to work here in a heart beat. Fun work environment, giys discounts on clothes, everyone got along perfect.
Pros
environment
Cons
management
I love Body Central
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 24, 2017
The atmosphere is awesome! The day consist of freight being stocked and promoting sales to customers while meeting the sales quota for the day. You get to know the customers and they keep coming back to you. The company also has all different kind of incentive for their employees to keep them motivated. So said when they closed my location.
Best job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 13, 2017
The Body Central atmosphere was very upbeat and fast paced. Multitasking was a must but employees operated as a family. Potential to move up in the company was always enforced and management was willing to work with everyone's schedule.
Pros
The culture of the company
Cons
no health benefits
great place to work. always improving. always growing.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  tucson azNovember 7, 2017
I started when they had 4 clinics now there is soon to be 8. upbeat . fast pace. lots of multitasking. the job flexes your memory skills. staff is awesome
Pros
fridays are half day. weekends off. hours are great .
Cons
i usually run an office alone, i get back up but then they are transferred out because of the growth of the company, checklists
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Body Central. I love working with customers and enjoyed working with my coworkers. The environment at Body Central was always good and we prioritize our customers.
Wish they didnt go under
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2017
I loved working for Body central. Always fast paced and fun, the clothing, the music, the people were great. Until they closed down all of their stores due to business.
Opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work was to make sure that everyone's goals were set for the day, to make sure all marketing was correct . We made sure we greet every customer and do an update on our numbers throughout the day to keep track. We were a close knit family and always helped each other out. The hardest part for me was disciplining but it had to be done to correct issues.
Pros
Good employees, great fashion, great DM
Cons
Call outs, working overtime and not being paid for it, long hours to do a floor set every month
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
I love working with the customers and my peers but as for upper management, they did not care for us little people when we work so hard we were not appreciated.
Pros
nice place to shop
Cons
hard work for pennies
Retail
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 4, 2017
It was fun working with others and customers to help them find the perfect things they were looking for. I was prompted in the company after 9months fof working there.
Company closed
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for body central and our coworkers were all very close, unfortunately the Company is closed. As a first retail job it was a good place to start.