Body Central

Body Central United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place enviroment, great employees
Full time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Health Care
_ Typical day at work was when I had a employee who help a customer out and the customer was being disrespectful to my employee and my employee didn't know what to do so she came to me for help, so I came and introduce myself to the customer and we exchange names and I asked her what was she looking for and she explain to me every detail, where she was going, what color she was looking for, what type of style. So I lead her to a couple of outfits and she like all of the outfits and bought all of them. It made her happy and myself happy.
_What I learned is that every customers that come to the store, I need to know where their going, what color, etc.
_Management was a great experience. I was taught how to do sells floors, returns, deposits slips, customer services, shipment etc.
_The hardest part of the job was actually nothing.
The Most enjoyable part of the job was being there everyday and have a positive attitude towards my customers and employees.
No Management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Vienna, WVApril 28, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: having to work there.
Unfortunately, I joined a store that was falling apart and is now closed. Although the employees were awful, corporate wasn't doing anything to help.
Nice fashionable store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: management
Store was in need of more efficient management and team work. Co-workers needed to learn to work better as a team. Hardest part was down time when store was not busy and most enjoyable was being able to work with fashion and customers.
very productive and a fun place to work
Part Time Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
a typical day at work would consist of helping the customers out making sure she gets everything she need making sure that she will want to come back for more . my co-workers were GREAT! MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT! very organized and never drama with the team members... we mad work fun but at the same time we did our job. there was never a bad time everyday was a good time
Fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 27, 2015
I loved assisting customers and letting them know about the trendiest styles. The co-workers were lovable and knew how to create a fun, stress free work environment.
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 24, 2015
Throughout this experience I really enjoyed the positive energy and it was a great learning experience. I have learned an efficient amount of information that benefits me till this present day.
Very fun place to learn the Retail Market
First Assistant Manager/Stor e Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 23, 2015
Pros: Advancement Opportunity
Cons: Store went Bankrupt and closed
I Started as a part time sales associate and worked up to part time manager, full time manager, co manager and eventually store manager, I enjoyed learning about visual merchandising and enjoyed coaching new staff members
love retail
Co- Manager (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLApril 23, 2015
I absolutely love retail. I love working with clothing and helping other find and be content with their needs, it would make any one feel amazing
Not very sufficient at all.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: None really.
Cons: no breaks unless you are a smoker and no food provided.
A typical work day for me was to come in to work and stand around in my assigned section to make sure that clothes were straight and in order and that is the majority of my day at work. I did not learn anything new that i already did not know how to do except how to tag and untag clothing. My coworkers were very shady and stuck up. The hardest part of my job was telling a customer that they looked nice in something very unflattering to their person. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I was clocking out.
Blah
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: bad management
Was a lack of team work. Management was horrible and co workers hardly last. Most enjoyable part of my work was the employee discount.
Fun!
fashion coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 20, 2015
good and entertaining environment! I loved my job.. it was overall a great experience. Just was not exactly what I was looking for.
Very productive and fun workplace with a great team oriented environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothing and accessories at the store and at other mall food vendors
Cons: changed management and management style very frequently
This was an amazing company to work for and i would have loved to continue to grow with them, but due to company downsizing and the store closing this was not able to happen. A typical day at body central was to come in and open the store. We would get all the cash registers up and running , finishing putting away the clothes that were left out from the night before and mop the floors. After that we would see what new items there were that needed to be security tagged and put out and then take inventory. If need be we would make a trip to the bank to take money there or get change for the day. We would then calculate which associate had the highest sales for the week and month. I came in first for 5 months in a row. the most enjoyable part of working as a head sales associate for body central was helping the customers find the items they were looking for and helping them pick the ones that looked best on them. Helping them look amazing and feel good about themselves and their body, made me feel great. The hardest part of working for this company was trying to help very small or very large woman find clothing they looked good and felt comfortable in. this was very difficult due to the store only carrying sizes 3-14. No matter how much I wanted to help, there was nothing i could do for them other then direct them to a store that had similar clothing in their size. Often was the only employee in the store so multitasking became a huge part of my day and something i learned to do much better and more efficiently here at Body Central. When i wasn't by myself my co-workers were amazing, they were extremely helpful, friendly and a lot of fun to work with. The management was very easy going and laid back but still made sure the store mission , ethics, and rules were upheld to the fullest.
Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2015
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: start out salary
I enjoyed working for Body Central. Seeing customer satisfied and happy made working for body central worth while. Working here as strengthen my customer services skills, communication, and time management skills.
They Closed Down for a reason
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Couldn't Grow
Unfair business, couldn't grow here, Managers were the best. Company did not care about it's employees. It was a fast paced environment and they pushed for results but still failed as a company.
Fun and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: None
Party City was one of the first places I worked as a teenager, it was fun and everyone was full of life. I returned as a seasonal employee almost every year for Halloween season. Management was always great!
exciting, fast-paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Monthly and weekly bonuses, company incentives for achieving quotas, PTO was easily obtained, merchandising freedoms, corporate listening to people working in the field.
Cons: store manager did not have the power to discipline in an effective way.
At Body Central, I was responsible for obtaining sales goals, keeping CEI's at the company's standards, ensuring the store was visually sound by company policy, controlling payroll, motivating and developing managers and associates, creating a memorable experience for customers, and keeping a positive and upbeat atmosphere. My co-workers were motivated and willing to create a fun experience for customers, as I consistently challenged and evaluated them on their performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a team-based atmosphere and feeling like a positive and motivational role model for my associates and managers.
Company is not in business at this time
Store Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Built a great team enviorment
Cons: None its is all about attitude
Typical day at work would consist of setting daily goals to achieve weekly monthly sales goals. Always providing great customer service.
Productive and fun workplace helping customers with clothing and etc.
Retails Salesperson, Cashier, etc (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 11, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: NA
Greet the customers; see if they need help with anything around the store; dressing/ fitting rooms, choosing items for a certain occasion, jewelry or etc.
Cleaning the store; taking out trash, putting go backs away, making sure all the clothes are in place and neat, sweep, mop, dust, and clean the mirrors and fitting rooms.
This job was fun showing the customers the items we had in the store
Customer Service Retail Representative (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 5, 2015
the job was a great job. Helping customer building confidence in what they pick out. Body Central is a nice place to work if you love clothes
Fun work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 3, 2015
Body Central was a very fun work experience. Our job was to keep up with the latest fashion trends and advise customers on them pertaining to their style. A typical day would consist of putting together outfits for customers and to put on display mannequins. Working there I learned how to merchandise clothing and accessories throughout the store. My co-workers were an amazing team of women, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Body Central

Body Central Acquisition likely has something in store for young women who feel that image is everything. The company offers trendy – Read more

Body Central Salaries