Body Shop Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this establishment. The management was great and the employees all enjoyed working there. I always kept busy with something while I worked there.
Clean and positive environment
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  2500 n. Mayfair rd.January 8, 2016
A typical day at The Body Shop consisted of informing customers about the products, cleaning, stocking, facing products and cashier. I learned alot about the ingredients and benefits from the products and how to persuade customers to increase their total. My managers and coworkers were very enthusiastic and focused. The hardest part of my job was upselling the customer, but the best part of the job to me was talking to the customers about the products and helping them find the perfect gifts.
Newly opened business which is sure to be a success.
operations manager (Former Employee) –  118 Abear StreetJanuary 4, 2016
An incredible crew, location, and working environment.

However as co-owner this situation has presented an undue amount of stress for our family. This is why I am looking for a change.
Warehouse worker
hard worker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 4, 2016
pull product from shelf, package for shipment, moved from different departments when work was slow. would have been a nice place to work, but was informed that the company was moving out of state.
Pros
nice place to work if it could have been full time
Cons
company was moving in a year
Friendly competitive and lively place to be
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 18, 2015
A typical day at work is full of cheerful conversations and building bonds with each customer that you help. It has been fun working at the body shop. With the product knowledge I feel confident want talking to customers and helping address their needs. Managers are really nice and helpful. Coworkers and I get along well. The hardest part of the job would be the floor plans and how often they change, especially for the holidays. The most enjoyable part is being able to help the customers find what they are looking for or even what they didn't know they were looking for.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Don't give enough hours
Enjoyable work space
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SFO AirportDecember 2, 2015
Each day was different working here at the Body Shop. The Body Shop is an excellent company with original ideas, products, and sales techniques. The management team was super outgoing and friendly and always pushed for our team to do better. The most difficult thing about working at the Body Shop was not buying everything that was released, the employee discount is great and the products are wonderful. I really enjoyed the customers that came into the Body Shop, it made my job very fun and exciting.
Pros
Employee discount, outgoing staff, and very clean stores
Cons
Hours are competitive, selling company cards was a must
a producted work place
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
nice workers,clean ,profesionals,good work skills,i would love to work here for ever but it was a tep job job speclize in weman cloths,perfumes,make up,etc
Pros
good pepole
Fun
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
Family Owned so I felt right at home all the time. We would go in and get the job done and would always be ready for the next assignment.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Innovative work with Beauty products in fun dynamic environment
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 22, 2015
Fast paced environment working with great innovative product. Always something new to learn and a problem to solve. People were great and dedicated. High turnover with Management creating a challenges at times but overall nice place to work.
Pros
Company Benefits and perks are great
Cons
Work/Life balance is a challenge
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part was picking out outfits for customers occasions and helping them find the best ones. Co-workers were easy to work with however managers were not.
Enjoyable and never the same thing every day.
Admin (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Answer phone, deal with customers and insurance agents. Interact with employees. Have various other duties that keep me busy all day.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 10, 2015
Assist customers with purchase or purchase. Unload and stock inventory daily, clean store daily, count drawer daily.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no room for advancement
working with guys
merchandising on weekly basics (Former Employee) –  riveria beach,flJuly 13, 2014
working around guys are great because I don't think theres not to many things women cant do that men can I love being a multitasking person love taking on anything to atleast know if I failed I atleast tried
I was only a temp, I didn't get the benefits of advancement
Auditor/Order picker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 8, 2014
I remember everybody would drag in, in the mornings. but as we got settled in the day would run so smoothly. It was a fun and cool job,and so were the people i worked with. They would make you laugh and cry all in good fun. That also made the day go by quickly.
Pros
getting to go out for lunch
Cons
breaks seem to go by too fast
Fun and exciting co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlJune 17, 2014
Greeting customers and answering questions about our various merchandise. Maintaining the aesthetics of the floor. And cashing out customers.
I've learned how to deal with different types of personalities and providing good customer service.
Management was flexible.
My co-workers were young and fun.
The hardest part was working at night.
The most enjoyable part were the discounts.
Fun and ethical retail
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 28, 2014
Once finished listening to the morning meeting over the phone, my day would begin with opening the store and setting sales goals and productivity goals for the store. During my shift I would be responsible for reaching my personal sales goals, man the cashier, help customers with product knowledge and re-stock the sales floor as needed. The hardest past was working sometimes unpredictable hours. I most enjoyed getting to know our customers and helping them discover the various products we offered.
Team oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2014
a regular retail environment with tons of different fragrances
manufacturing
Mitsubishi Motors (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2014
Part of Mitsubishi Motors I worked in the body shop there for a year or so and I had the opportunity to work there for 17 years with the company.
Sears
Sales Associate/Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 6, 2014
I was only a cashier. I took payments and did exchanges/returns.
The Body Shop Family Fitness Center is a great place to work and workout.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKMarch 4, 2014
A typical day consists of counting down the till after taking over for the previous employee. Then going to each bathroom doing usual cleaning and stocking of supplies. After that it routine racking of weights and various equipment. Finally, after all of that is done or while doing it I have to help customers with memberships or other services offered by The Body Shop Family Fitness Center.

Management is great. They are really flexible with schedules. I have learned about how to better interact with customers, and how to talk to them about our specials, products, or even workouts.

The hardest part of the job is picking up after our members especially when they do not re-rack their weights.

The most enjoyable part is being able to workout during work, meeting and interacting with different people, and flexibility I have working there.