Bodybuilding.com Employee Reviews

Active, young, positive work culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 30, 2017
Great work environment where employees are encouraged to grow professionally, live a more healthy and active lifestyle, and where employees genuinely care about the work they do and the people they are helping.
Pros
Free gym! Great employee perks. We changed lives.
Great work life balance
Director, Global Product Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed my experience with BBcom thus far. I have had multiple opportunities to take new responsibilities, grow and be promoted. My boss is great. The only downside would be the Executive team at times loses its intended direction and you can end up chasing loose ends.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Global Product Regulatory Compliance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2017
Working at Bodybuilding.com was by far the best job I've ever had. You were recognized and rewarded for hard work often and opportunities for advancement were given throughout the company. Unfortunately as sales declined due to multiple variables the company was forced to downsize in December of 2016 and I was part of 90 employees that were let go. Probably one of the hardest experiences of my life because I enjoyed working for that company so much.
Pros
Company Gym, great benefits, employee discount, flexible schedule, flex-time off
Cons
Tech company located in a "non-tech" area effected average salary compared to other locations
Excellent place to work
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
Proactive workplace and inviting people. Working supervisors and comprehensive employees. Also and very appreciate company.
Pros
Appreciative
Cons
Short breaks
Bodybuilding
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 24, 2016
I really had no problem with this company if I'm being completely honest It was the second best job I've ever had. The management were so nice and personally trained you. They would answer any questions you had and show you the ropes until you had it down right. The people I worked with were amazing people that would help each other everyday.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
On feet for up to 10 hours
The absolute job I have ever had!!
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAAugust 6, 2016
You were fine if you were friends with the boss or kissed his rear end. Most of management including the plant manget were young and clueless. Many people were allowed to stand around and do very little. The others were expected to do all of the work.
Honest Review
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 23, 2016
Not a difficult job as long as you don't criticize management, especially questioning any QA policies. They will fire you for ambiguous reasons like "not a team player" and "you are not forward thinking enough for the company," without a write up or warning. Management is two-faced and claim they have your back. They indiscriminately fire veteran CSR's and there is a high turnover rate so they can save on labor costs. They promise advancment when there is none and favorites are chosen on a regular basis. They also removed any incentives to work graveyard shifts.
Pros
Insurance - time off upon request
Cons
Lousy managment - empty promises for advancement
Good high school first job
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Just wasn't for me. I was over qualified with my 2 + decades of Logistics/3rd party logistics and dock experience and Fully certified/licensed instructor of all types of lifts (electric and Propane), cherry pickers, stand-ups, reach trucks and all hydraulic attachments.
Pros
Free damaged goods
Cons
Favoritism
Lots of work to do
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 8, 2015
It was rewarding and fun, they need a lot of help to get ion the right direction but not enough money in the budget from what it seems. I hope this changes soon.
Pros
Work
Cons
No work
Good Company for the Fitness Oriented
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 13, 2015
Good place to work if you live at the gym and out of tupperware. If you are a normal person, who has a life and likes to eat a cupcake, you may find this place shallow, hypocritical and draining.
Productive and fun atmosphere and I enjoyed going to work everyday!
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoSeptember 28, 2015
I completed an internship with BodyBuilding.com and I loved every minute of it. A great company with chances for advancement.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and room for growth
Cons
Short time due to internship
Very family oriented environment
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoSeptember 9, 2015
I learned a lot about customer service while working at Bodybuilding.com. I learned tons of computer software, how to de-escalate tempered customer contacts, how to work with a team of employees and increase production and decrease errors. The hardest part of the job had to be deciding to leave the company. I enjoyed the lifestyle and people working for the company.
Pros
Free supplements and gym membership
Cons
Ability to move up in the company.
Don't expect to move up
CSR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 10, 2015
Don't expect to move up unless you are a bodybuilding competitor or a yes man. If you have a voice of your own you will be shunned, put down, or fired. This view is solely on Customer Service, things may be and from understand are different in other departments.
Excellent place to go to work
Global Trade Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Overall a great place to work--it has its challenges just like any other organization, however some things that seem basic and easy to solve are a challenge for many.
Pros
Perks, health care, gym, work setting
Cons
communication breakdowns, vision
Bodybuilding.com Enviroment
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 14, 2015
This company has treated me well is the 8 years of being employed. The work life balance is always a top priority for them and they show this in providing as much flex time and wonderful benefits.
Pros
flexibility, structure, balance, enthusiastic leadership
Awesome company to work for and represent!
Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 26, 2015
Awesome company to work for and represent! I am a sponsored athlete for them and love traveling around the US representing my Team.
This job was a exciting and learning experience for me.
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLApril 21, 2015
A typical at work is very entertaining. We also stayed busy, wasn't never boring, great advancement, and great job opportunities. the co-workers really help each other out to get the job done. The hardest part was when the system broke and came up at the end of the day and all the orders had 2 b packed and ship at 7:45 pm. The most enjoyable time was our management really expressed how much they appreciate our service and what each and every one of bring to the table.
Pros
The products, book reports, shoes, and bonuses.
Cons
Short break and hot inside the warehouse.
A company that is always moving forward
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BoiseJanuary 30, 2015
-Would supervise 40+ agents on the floor. Help with coaching and training.

-Taught me to really think through a decision. Not everything is black and white.

-Great co workers.

- Hardest part of the job was the constant change of management style.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
revolving door customer service managment
Fun work place with ping pong and basket ball on site
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAOctober 3, 2014
the team I worked with knew what they were doing and could make sure the job was done at the end of the day no matter what obsticles got in their way.
The management team were good people but not all of them were qualified to be in those positions.
The hardest part of my job was seeing the lack of safety in the work place.
The best part of my job was that I enjoyed doing what I did.
Pros
bonuses, monthly lunches, anniversary gifts
Cons
seeing things that were not being done right and not being able to do any thing about it
Innovative and fun place to work
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2014
Best place I've ever worked. Minor cons, which are way outweighed by all the pros. The CEO cares about you just as much as the customers, which is HUGE. You are trusted to know your business and set your own goals for each quarter. With creative freedom and access to the means to achieve your dreams, anything is possible. There is only so far to move up before there is nowhere else to go. It's still worth it for the experience and career development though.
Pros
TONS of benefits, great employee rewards, like gym reimbursement, bonuses, company discounts, etc.
Cons
Incredible room for personal growth, but not room for upward advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bodybuilding.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9