Bodybuilding.com Employee Reviews

In its death throes...advised to stay away
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 16, 2017
Sales are lacking and they are desperately trying to stop the bleeding. Leadership lays it on thick that things are OK and that they have a plan that will right the ship. People keep leaving, though; either involuntarily or they've seen the writing on the wall. People who are still there are working 70+ hours a week. Management keeps stripping benefits away. In short, not a good time to join the company.
Pros
It WAS a great place to work.
Cons
It no longer is.
Horrible
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 31, 2017
Lack of management in the WI warehouse, No advancement. They use employees to do more work vs. promoting them and giving them raises they deserve. Constantly making rash decisions, only to fall back on them because they don't work. Horribly overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Free shelf
Cons
Everything else
Management doesn't care
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 24, 2017
Management doesn't seem to care what goes on in the warehouse as long as the job get done and nothing big happens. If there are claims of harassment they do investigate but out side of that not much is done. You can be off quota and they don't care, they are also very relaxed with being on time. As long as you are there before they show up it doesn't matter much.
Pros
it relaxed
Cons
if you need help with something its on you. No one will help anyone else unless forced to
Very Motivating place to work. They inspired me to make some health and lifestyle changes as well and everyone that works at BBCOM is truly inspiring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 20, 2017
When arriving to work it was usually busy on phone and we had to focus to clear the call ques but after 5pm, a lot of the phone calls were all information/motivation and this was were a lot of us who are into lifting and a healthy lifestyle could shine because we were able to provide tips and ideas to our clients. There were days were I would be maxed out with 3 customer's on live chats and it was stressful because of the response time but we learned how to handle and manage these stressful situations. The team was very supportive and if anyone needed help they could ask me or I could ask them for assistance. The energy in that building was incredible and no other place I have worked for has been like this.
it was a job that endured harassment by managers and by coworkers
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 16, 2017
It was a temp to hire job but also unhealthy environment to work in. Poor supervisors and mangers that play favorites with employees. The job itself was easy warehouse job coming from someone thats been doing warehouse jobs for the past 12 yrs. But the employees that have been there for a few yrs feel that they are above the temps and are entitled not to do the job that they were hired to do, that it's the temp employees that have to do all the work. There is no accountability in that workplace and the supervisors just sit on their phones all day in the office. Also there is a lot of harassment going on in that work environment that is not healthy for anyone also it goes unnoticed by supervisors or the supervisors join in. OSHA needs to investigate!
Pros
free damaged products
Cons
poor management in the warehouse
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 2, 2017
Not friendly environment to be in unless you are super into fitness. Little chance for advancement and poor management. Te shifts are not very well laid out so there is almost no shift that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Honest Opinion
Picker/Scanner/Meter (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 10, 2017
The company itself is good but working in the wear house sucks, they focus on telling you what you're doing wrong and they don't really help you improve yourself. there's a lot of favoritism in the work place. i've gotten in trouble for answering a question that someone asked me and then have the same supervisor talk to their friend for 30+ minutes. it's stressful and most of the employees don't care anymore because its so energy and life draining. they expect you to do and take responsibilities without a pay raise or a title. it
s very unfair, they do things backwards their.
fun workplace with some good emlployees
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 25, 2017
I like working there. But the job security and hours are not what they are supposed to be. I would recommend someone else to work there its a cirst hob for them.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 8, 2017
Learned lots about the fitness industry and nutrition. Flexible work schedule. Good people to work with. Had a great manager. NOt much room to advance.
Ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAJuly 8, 2017
Ok place to work
Benefets are good once hired on
Work enviroment is not the greatest
Hours fluctuate. Some weeks you loose hours and others you are forced to work overtime.
Company culture is great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 30, 2017
Company culture is fantastic, everyone is friendly and has bodybuilding/fitness in common mostly. Pay is decent for CS, dollar raise possible every quarter, coaching helps for professional growth.
Pros
Great company culture
Fast-paced environment
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 1, 2017
All orders that drop into the system for a certain time frame have to get done. Employees are motivated to do beyond what their goals are to get the work done early for a smooth transition to the next day. Communication is key. Always ask your about your progress in your work. Have to work quick on your feet and care about the work you present.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
10 hours shifts
Fun work place
Picker/Stocker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed ever bit of body building. I met a lot of new people. They had a lot of work so hours was not an issue. I like how they had a lot of team bonding for the employees.
Terrible company going downhill
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2017
When you work for this company you are pretty much doing slave labor for ten bucks an hour. The job is simple but buy some new shoes because you will need to soak your feet in a warm bath after work. It's not the 1800's anymore but if you dont mind being a slave then by all means put in an application. The CEO quit, 90 employees were let go, and the company is on a downward spiral. There are better jobs out there. If you really need a job badly then take it to pay the bills, otherwise run like Forrest gump as far as you can. Management doesn't care about anything so complain to someone else. The turnover rate is horrendous. No room for advanement unless you're friends with someone.
Pros
401k match, gym reimbursement, work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of walking, low pay, company falling apart, people who train you have no clue what they are doing, no room for advancement
Great place, where they let you be yourself.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 19, 2017
Working here is great as your personality can be shown, and appreciated. it is encouraged to engage and talk to customer to make them feel comfortable
Active, young, positive work culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 30, 2017
Great work environment where employees are encouraged to grow professionally, live a more healthy and active lifestyle, and where employees genuinely care about the work they do and the people they are helping.
Pros
Free gym! Great employee perks. We changed lives.
Great work life balance
Director, Global Product Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed my experience with BBcom thus far. I have had multiple opportunities to take new responsibilities, grow and be promoted. My boss is great. The only downside would be the Executive team at times loses its intended direction and you can end up chasing loose ends.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Global Product Regulatory Compliance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2017
Working at Bodybuilding.com was by far the best job I've ever had. You were recognized and rewarded for hard work often and opportunities for advancement were given throughout the company. Unfortunately as sales declined due to multiple variables the company was forced to downsize in December of 2016 and I was part of 90 employees that were let go. Probably one of the hardest experiences of my life because I enjoyed working for that company so much.
Pros
Company Gym, great benefits, employee discount, flexible schedule, flex-time off
Cons
Tech company located in a "non-tech" area effected average salary compared to other locations
Excellent place to work
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
Proactive workplace and inviting people. Working supervisors and comprehensive employees. Also and very appreciate company.
Pros
Appreciative
Cons
Short breaks
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 28, 2016
Bodybuilding.com was a great start for me. I felt like HR really cared for me and they are super quick to answer any questions. The benefits are incredible, the atmosphere is really supportive and the people are awesome. However, there is a pretty big separation between departments and they make it pretty difficult to move up in the company unless you brown-nose your way there. A lot of under-qualified people were put in positions they should not have been which resulted in inconsistent management. I had a great year at Bodybuilding.com and I left on my own terms. The company is great but not for longevity.
Pros
Ongoing training, vendors would come in and teach about their products. AMAZING coworkers, it felt like I worked with all of my friends.
Cons
Favoritism, there were a lot of under-qualified people who were moving into positions they shouldn't have, people are stuck in positions for years before moving up and employees are underpaid for the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bodybuilding.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8