Bodybuilding.com Employee Reviews in United States

Honest Review
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 23, 2016
Not a difficult job as long as you don't criticize management, especially questioning any QA policies. They will fire you for ambiguous reasons like "not a team player" and "you are not forward thinking enough for the company," without a write up or warning. Management is two-faced and claim they have your back. They indiscriminately fire veteran CSR's and there is a high turnover rate so they can save on labor costs. They promise advancment when there is none and favorites are chosen on a regular basis. They also removed any incentives to work graveyard shifts.
Pros
Insurance - time off upon request
Cons
Lousy managment - empty promises for advancement
Lots of work to do
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 8, 2015
It was rewarding and fun, they need a lot of help to get ion the right direction but not enough money in the budget from what it seems. I hope this changes soon.
Pros
Work
Cons
No work
Good Company for the Fitness Oriented
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 13, 2015
Good place to work if you live at the gym and out of tupperware. If you are a normal person, who has a life and likes to eat a cupcake, you may find this place shallow, hypocritical and draining.
Productive and fun atmosphere and I enjoyed going to work everyday!
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoSeptember 28, 2015
I completed an internship with BodyBuilding.com and I loved every minute of it. A great company with chances for advancement.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and room for growth
Cons
Short time due to internship
Very family oriented environment
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoSeptember 9, 2015
I learned a lot about customer service while working at Bodybuilding.com. I learned tons of computer software, how to de-escalate tempered customer contacts, how to work with a team of employees and increase production and decrease errors. The hardest part of the job had to be deciding to leave the company. I enjoyed the lifestyle and people working for the company.
Pros
Free supplements and gym membership
Cons
Ability to move up in the company.
Don't expect to move up
CSR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 10, 2015
Don't expect to move up unless you are a bodybuilding competitor or a yes man. If you have a voice of your own you will be shunned, put down, or fired. This view is solely on Customer Service, things may be and from understand are different in other departments.
Excellent place to go to work
Global Trade Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Overall a great place to work--it has its challenges just like any other organization, however some things that seem basic and easy to solve are a challenge for many.
Pros
Perks, health care, gym, work setting
Cons
communication breakdowns, vision
Bodybuilding.com Enviroment
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 14, 2015
This company has treated me well is the 8 years of being employed. The work life balance is always a top priority for them and they show this in providing as much flex time and wonderful benefits.
Pros
flexibility, structure, balance, enthusiastic leadership
Awesome company to work for and represent!
Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 26, 2015
Awesome company to work for and represent! I am a sponsored athlete for them and love traveling around the US representing my Team.
This job was a exciting and learning experience for me.
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLApril 21, 2015
A typical at work is very entertaining. We also stayed busy, wasn't never boring, great advancement, and great job opportunities. the co-workers really help each other out to get the job done. The hardest part was when the system broke and came up at the end of the day and all the orders had 2 b packed and ship at 7:45 pm. The most enjoyable time was our management really expressed how much they appreciate our service and what each and every one of bring to the table.
Pros
The products, book reports, shoes, and bonuses.
Cons
Short break and hot inside the warehouse.
A company that is always moving forward
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BoiseJanuary 30, 2015
-Would supervise 40+ agents on the floor. Help with coaching and training.

-Taught me to really think through a decision. Not everything is black and white.

-Great co workers.

- Hardest part of the job was the constant change of management style.
Pros
free gym
Cons
revolving door customer service managment
Fun work place with ping pong and basket ball on site
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAOctober 3, 2014
the team I worked with knew what they were doing and could make sure the job was done at the end of the day no matter what obsticles got in their way.
The management team were good people but not all of them were qualified to be in those positions.
The hardest part of my job was seeing the lack of safety in the work place.
The best part of my job was that I enjoyed doing what I did.
Pros
bonuses, monthly lunches, anniversary gifts
Cons
seeing things that were not being done right and not being able to do any thing about it
Innovative and fun place to work
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2014
Best place I've ever worked. Minor cons, which are way outweighed by all the pros. The CEO cares about you just as much as the customers, which is HUGE. You are trusted to know your business and set your own goals for each quarter. With creative freedom and access to the means to achieve your dreams, anything is possible. There is only so far to move up before there is nowhere else to go. It's still worth it for the experience and career development though.
Pros
tons of benefits, great employee rewards, like gym reimbursement, bonuses, company discounts, etc.
Cons
incredible room for personal growth, but not room for upward advancement.
Good people with a company mission statement to help others.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2014
My time at Bodybuilding.com served me well. I was able to grow and experience and implement new ideas with respect to procedural/policy change.

As a customer representative, I was tasked with engaging our inbound visitors via phone calls, emails and chat service. This allowed me to become intimately aware of our customer's needs. I used various applications to enter data and improve the customer experience. The leadership team in the department recognized my diligence and promoted me to Supervisor within 9 months.of beginning employment.

Some of my duties as a supervisor were to ensure that our department met our service level agreements. The service levels were aggressive, however I was able to allocate our available resources to exceed our expectations.

As a manager in the customer service department, I was a leader of a team of customer service representatives. The number of team members ranged from 15-30 agents at any given time. I executed quarterly reviews with all team members and helped to develop the supervisors that worked with me.
Poor Mangement and Long Days
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
I worked for the PA warehouse for many years. I have watched at least five management teams come and go. I must say this is the worst place I ever worked at. The days are very long and tiring. Ten hour days would turn into 12-13 hour mandatory days on a regular basis. When black Friday and cyber Monday week would roll around we would be required to work everyday until the work was done. This was overwhelming as we had no days off. Management even told us to tell our family goodbye (which is really rude). Breaks were taken away from us due to high volume of work. We would be standing on our feet for 5-6 hours straight at times and expected to be on quota constantly. If you have a life outside of work I highly recommend that you stay clear of bodybuilding.com. Now on to safety.. There is none period. Some of the equipment was broken and was never a big concern for the company and safety of employees. This company makes a fortune and was supposedly unable to afford to fix anything. There was favoritism in the warehouse and groups would gang up and single out certain people that they did not like. There was no communication between anyone and the warehouse would change rules without telling you or telling only certain people. I would be very careful in what you say and do as if you have an opinion you are most likely to be terminated without just cause. I am grateful to be out of this environment and advise anyone looking for a job to stay away. Please read other reviews about this company because most of them are true and you will save yourself the hassle and stress of stepping  more... foot into that place.  less
Pros
health insurance
Cons
long hours, no breaks at times, madatory overtime, no communication
Horrible job! Horrible management! Run away as fast as you can!!!!
Slave (Former Employee) –  Shiremanstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! I have NEVER worked for such a more corrupt company in my life! The company makes millions of dollars (which they brag about and employees are constantly reminded of this), but for some reason they can’t afford to fix the broken equipment within the warehouse that causes many safety issues. The PA warehouse is severely understaffed and only hire temps. Temps do not stick around long though once they realize how bad the job really is. Because they are understaffed, you will get a phone call at 9 or 10pm the night before, making it mandatory to come in an hour early the next day. Then, they expect you to be ok them taking away your lousy 10 minute break in the afternoon because there are so many orders and they panic about being behind. (So for 5 hours they expect you to keep up a good, fast pace without a break) They don’t realize this just makes people mad and does nothing to boost employee moral. Not only that, but the quota of 60 orders an hour for scanners is ridiculous. It wouldn’t be so bad if people actually shared the good orders but everyone is so worried about hitting their quota that if you are on the end of the line, its sometimes impossible. The supervisor walks around every hour to tell you how many you did that hour and even if it was 54 they tell you you need to work faster.
Management is not properly trained in their positions. The highest education any of them had was high school. There is no communication between the supervisors. One will tell you one thing and another one will know nothing about it or tell you something completely different.
  more... They love to micromanage, so if you are smart, you will probably get fired for having an opinon.
As for bonuses. HA! When I was hired, I was told at orientation that my bonus would get bigger the longer I was there. That all changed about 3 years ago. You bust your butt for this company for a minuscule bonus that you have to wonder if all that work was even worth it. They brag all the time about how much the company is making but I have yet to see it no matter how hard I worked.
Come black Friday and Cyber Monday, you might as well tell your family goodbye for a week. It is mandatory to work from 5am or 6am to 8pm or 9pm every day until the work is done. The company doesn’t care if it’s your scheduled day off or if its your 8th day in a row. PA warehouse seems to be the one who takes on most of the grunt work. The other warehouses seem to be finished after the 3rd or 4th day. Plus working these long days, breaks are minimal and sometimes non existent. Its all about quantity.
Unless you are friends with the supervisors (or their girlfriend - who gets away with workplace violence because she is untouchable) you might as well just show up and be a wallflower. You can NOT trust anyone in this place. One person who seems like a friend will turn around and give you up without any skin off their teeth.
If you made it to this paragraph, I hope you will seriously consider NOT working for this company or spending any of your hard earned money on their website.
Pros
health insurance.
Cons
if you can find any pros, please let me know.
Do not work here
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 20, 2014
This was the worst job I've ever had. First off, I was a manager and when hired, I was promised a team that consisted of a lead and a supervisor below me. This was not given to me and every time I asked for them, I was told there was not enough money in the budget. My hours were never set, and they changed constantly. I would work from 7am-8pm multiple days of the week. I was told by the Warehouse Manager that I would need to "TRAIN" my fiance to expect me to never be around for family get togethers, holidays, etc. because work was more important to anything. He told me that I could sit around and eat ramen noodles and not make the money I did at Bodybuilding, or I could work for the company and work their hours and have a lot of money. Their work ethic was INCREDIBLE. I could not believe my ears. Unfortunately, the manager was very smart and never emailed you, so it was not documented. I wanted so badly to sue this company on firing me without reason, (my reason was because I would not work 24/7 for the salary I was getting paid.. which was never stated to me in the hiring papers).. I would ask what I could do better, and he told me that I should already know that and he was not willing to provide me with that information. TERRIBLE manager and TERRIBLE company.
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible work ethic, fired for no clear reason
Overall ok experience
Mobile QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 9, 2014
The management needs to pull out of the destructive culture they're creating for QA, and developers. A lot of talent has recently left because they have very little objectivity about political philandering. Management is too trusting if untruth and not objective enough.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, creativity
Cons
negative management changes
Excellent company to work for!
Ecommerce Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2014
I really enjoyed the corporate culture that is had a Bodybuilding.com
productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Shipping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast paced and productive. I have not learned anything i haven't previously learned from other jobs here. Management is usually very cooperative about work related issues, time off, and other employees. Unfortunately, the turnover rate is very high, because of some people's lack of work ethic, so it's hard to get to know people with them coming and going all the time. The hardest part of the job is the last minute overtime requirements. It doesn't allow for much of a life outside of work. Also, the long hours are difficult to endure, and are hard on the body. Most enjoyable part of the job is that there isn't anything that is difficult to complete. in other words, all aspects of the job are relatively simple.
Pros
free supplements to qualifying associates, good health insurance, free lunches each month
Cons
long hours, no notice for overtime, not much pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bodybuilding.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9