Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com Employer Reviews

Look for another call center!!
cust serv (Former Employee), boiseMay 17, 2014
Pros: free supplements
Cons: insurance, terrible pay, treated like trash
If you dont mind working in a place where favorites are evident and the "The good ol boy" system doesnt bother you, then this might be the place for you. They are never consistent in what they say and say one thing and do another. Just because they give you free supplements, doesnt give a company the right to treat you like your just a number.
Great company to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 7, 2014
Pros: challenging work, enviroment
Cons: direction
One of the best companies in America. Bodybuilding.com is a innovative company that continues to climb the ranks. Seeking a new challenge after six years. Will discuss more upon request.
Could be a really great company
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Midway,FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses, sometimes and access to free supplements
Cons: low pay, inefficiency for day to day operations, total lack of communications from corporate to warehouse
Would be great place to work if they would do a better job of listening to workers when it comes to making better efficiency decisions from the warehouse perspective and better pay.
Great job overall
Customer Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 1, 2014
Pros: onsite gym, benefits, culture, passionate ceo, ability to get a raise every quarter based on performance, helping people make positive change their lives.
Cons: call center job, upper management.
As far as being a call center job this is probably the best one you will find. Decent pay and you are given 100% the ability to help your customers, rather than handing it off to someone else to make the decision on. The company was founded by a great CEO, but as the company gets bigger and he is less involved with the call center, it is moving more – more... into a T-Mobile atmosphere. In itself it isn't bad but that's not the company that I wanted to work for.

Pretty rigorous interview process that takes a lot of your time. It is a group interview where you will learn about the company and then work in groups to get to know the other people being interviewed. Its actually a really fun process but it will take up your day. You will also interview in front of all of the managers and a couple of other people that are interviewing so it can be a bit intimidating. Its a really fun process overall, but is a bit long winded for the job.

Originally it felt like I was doing something different and positive, but in the end it just became another high stress call center job. You will feel replaceable with this job and really you are because there are 500 other people willing to take your job tomorrow when given the opportunity. Kind of demoralizes you a bit. Your direct managers are excellent but the upper management lacks a lot of communication and seems to be there only to intimidate your manager who will in turn bring that to you.

Overall, I would recommend this job as a great position to work at while you are going to college. You will make great money for a student and the people will make it very fun. If you are actually looking at moving up within the company, I would recommend getting your degree and then applying directly into the corporate position rather than working in the call center first. It is definitely possible to move up but just know that it is a lot harder to move up into the position you want with this company than to just apply into the position. – less
Software Development at BodyBuilding.com
Software Developer (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: team-building, free barbecue on fridays, friendly people
Cons: boise is not the most exciting place for some
Flexible arrival time, casual outfits, not to many meetings, learned about enterprise-level technology, friendly and helpful management, very skilled developers, very fun and healthy environment.
Fun work enviroment with a growing company
Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours
Cons: wages
I really enjoy working for this company. The benefits are excellent and the company has grown nearly 30% every year since its start.
I started out picking orders, and within two years I am now a shipping lead. All the employees in this warehouse do a great job getting all of the orders out everyday. We are the most efficient warehouse out of the four – more... in the U.S. The hardest part of the job is the wages we are paid, and because of this there is higher turnover and a constant need for training new employees. I feel if they could make the wages higher, there would be less turnover and in some departments we could run with less help which would save cost as a whole. For a younger single person this is an excellent job. For someone with a family the wages make it tough not to look for another job. – less
Great place to work also does team building with different activities
OUTBOUND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Midway, FLSeptember 14, 2013
Like most warehouses, it's a fast pace environment and yet a place where you enjoy being with those around you. The leadership that the management team has to offers show the strength that the company has to offer. But when you're working there its all about motivation and each person helps each other out if they don't have it for that moment. Teamwork!
They had X-Box, Fooze Ball Table, and Volley ball for the workers to use on breaks, and employee lunches once a month
Product Order and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 23, 2013
Pros: they had x-box, fooze ball table, and volley ball for the workers to use on breaks, and employee lunches once a month
Cons: debbie downer employees
Typical day at work was;
1.clocking in
2.picking/scanning orders till first break
3.picking/scanning orders till lunch ( 1 hour long)
4.picking/scanning the last of the orders of the day and getting all orders out and on the trucks.

I learned that I have a great ability to organize a warehouse
and that I am a very maticulous hard working who wants – more... to focus on work.

Co- workers were either more like me or they were the exact opposite- they were never satisfied with the job and all the benifits.

Overhearing co-workers complaints, they were real debbie downers

Having the option of moving up in the company and being able to train for new positions.

I loved working for this company, everything about this company was always positive. – less
Terrible place to work!
Outbound Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJuly 26, 2013
Cons: awful pay, tons of hours, employees are treated like dirt.
The absolute worse place I have ever worked. They place unfair expectations on employees to get work completed, terrible pay(55000 to run a department of 100+ people), tons of hours so if you want to have a life besides work don't apply here, no training, upper management is no help and very rude.
Customer Sales and Service
CSR II (Current Employee), Meridian, IDSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: did not advance as promised
I assisted customers with product information, placing an order, and package logistics.
fast pace working environment, pleasant experience
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 29, 2012
Pros: it was a great place to work over all
Cons: no over time.
Picking and packing orders. I learned how to work better with computers scanning orders and suck. Had great co workers. The hardest part of the job was when we had to rush to get the orders out the door on a really busy day.
very fun place to work. great environment, and excellent management.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Midway, FLDecember 2, 2011
Pros: recieve bonus every quarter for hard work
Cons: none to my knowledge
I worked for Bodybuliding.com for almost 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there. I learned a lot about how to work and get things done as a team.

About Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com is the virtual one-stop shop to help you get pumped, ripped, and shredded, or just lose that tire around the – Read more