Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com Employer Reviews

Poor Mangement and Long Days
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Shiremanstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: long hours, no breaks at times, madatory overtime, no communication
I worked for the PA warehouse for many years. I have watched at least five management teams come and go. I must say this is the worst place I ever worked at. The days are very long and tiring. Ten hour days would turn into 12-13 hour mandatory days on a regular basis. When black Friday and cyber Monday week would roll around we would be required to – more... work everyday until the work was done. This was overwhelming as we had no days off. Management even told us to tell our family goodbye (which is really rude). Breaks were taken away from us due to high volume of work. We would be standing on our feet for 5-6 hours straight at times and expected to be on quota constantly. If you have a life outside of work I highly recommend that you stay clear of bodybuilding.com. Now on to safety.. There is none period. Some of the equipment was broken and was never a big concern for the company and safety of employees. This company makes a fortune and was supposedly unable to afford to fix anything. There was favoritism in the warehouse and groups would gang up and single out certain people that they did not like. There was no communication between anyone and the warehouse would change rules without telling you or telling only certain people. I would be very careful in what you say and do as if you have an opinion you are most likely to be terminated without just cause. I am grateful to be out of this environment and advise anyone looking for a job to stay away. Please read other reviews about this company because most of them are true and you will save yourself the hassle and stress of stepping foot into that place. – less
HORRIBLE JOB! HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
Slave (Former Employee), Shiremanstown, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance.
Cons: if you can find any pros, please let me know.
WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! I have NEVER worked for such a more corrupt company in my life! The company makes millions of dollars (which they brag about and employees are constantly reminded of this), but for some reason they can’t afford to fix the broken equipment within the warehouse that causes many safety issues. The PA warehouse is severely understaffed – more... and only hire temps. Temps do not stick around long though once they realize how bad the job really is. Because they are understaffed, you will get a phone call at 9 or 10pm the night before, making it mandatory to come in an hour early the next day. Then, they expect you to be ok them taking away your lousy 10 minute break in the afternoon because there are so many orders and they panic about being behind. (So for 5 hours they expect you to keep up a good, fast pace without a break) They don’t realize this just makes people mad and does nothing to boost employee moral. Not only that, but the quota of 60 orders an hour for scanners is ridiculous. It wouldn’t be so bad if people actually shared the good orders but everyone is so worried about hitting their quota that if you are on the end of the line, its sometimes impossible. The supervisor walks around every hour to tell you how many you did that hour and even if it was 54 they tell you you need to work faster.
Management is not properly trained in their positions. The highest education any of them had was high school. There is no communication between the supervisors. One will tell you one thing and another one will know nothing about it or tell you something completely different. They love to micromanage, so if you are smart, you will probably get fired for having an opinon.
As for bonuses. HA! When I was hired, I was told at orientation that my bonus would get bigger the longer I was there. That all changed about 3 years ago. You bust your butt for this company for a minuscule bonus that you have to wonder if all that work was even worth it. They brag all the time about how much the company is making but I have yet to see it no matter how hard I worked.
Come black Friday and Cyber Monday, you might as well tell your family goodbye for a week. It is mandatory to work from 5am or 6am to 8pm or 9pm every day until the work is done. The company doesn’t care if it’s your scheduled day off or if its your 8th day in a row. PA warehouse seems to be the one who takes on most of the grunt work. The other warehouses seem to be finished after the 3rd or 4th day. Plus working these long days, breaks are minimal and sometimes non existent. Its all about quantity.
Unless you are friends with the supervisors (or their girlfriend - who gets away with workplace violence because she is untouchable) you might as well just show up and be a wallflower. You can NOT trust anyone in this place. One person who seems like a friend will turn around and give you up without any skin off their teeth.
If you made it to this paragraph, I hope you will seriously consider NOT working for this company or spending any of your hard earned money on their website. – less
DO NOT WORK HERE
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: terrible work ethic, fired for no clear reason
This was the worst job I've ever had. First off, I was a manager and when hired, I was promised a team that consisted of a lead and a supervisor below me. This was not given to me and every time I asked for them, I was told there was not enough money in the budget. My hours were never set, and they changed constantly. I would work from 7am-8pm multiple – more... days of the week. I was told by the Warehouse Manager that I would need to "TRAIN" my fiance to expect me to never be around for family get togethers, holidays, etc. because work was more important to anything. He told me that I could sit around and eat ramen noodles and not make the money I did at Bodybuilding, or I could work for the company and work their hours and have a lot of money. Their work ethic was INCREDIBLE. I could not believe my ears. Unfortunately, the manager was very smart and never emailed you, so it was not documented. I wanted so badly to sue this company on firing me without reason, (my reason was because I would not work 24/7 for the salary I was getting paid.. which was never stated to me in the hiring papers).. I would ask what I could do better, and he told me that I should already know that and he was not willing to provide me with that information. TERRIBLE manager and TERRIBLE company. – less
Overall ok experience
Mobile QA Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, creativity
Cons: negative management changes
The management needs to pull out of the destructive culture they're creating for QA, and developers. A lot of talent has recently left because they have very little objectivity about political philandering. Management is too trusting if untruth and not objective enough.
Excellent company to work for!
Ecommerce Service Representative (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 30, 2014
I really enjoyed the corporate culture that is had a Bodybuilding.com
productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Shipping Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJune 23, 2014
Pros: free supplements to qualifying associates, good health insurance, free lunches each month
Cons: long hours, no notice for overtime, not much pay
A typical day at work is very fast paced and productive. I have not learned anything i haven't previously learned from other jobs here. Management is usually very cooperative about work related issues, time off, and other employees. Unfortunately, the turnover rate is very high, because of some people's lack of work ethic, so it's hard to get to know – more... people with them coming and going all the time. The hardest part of the job is the last minute overtime requirements. It doesn't allow for much of a life outside of work. Also, the long hours are difficult to endure, and are hard on the body. Most enjoyable part of the job is that there isn't anything that is difficult to complete. in other words, all aspects of the job are relatively simple. – less
Look for another call center!!
cust serv (Former Employee), boiseMay 17, 2014
Pros: free supplements
Cons: insurance, terrible pay, treated like trash
If you dont mind working in a place where favorites are evident and the "The good ol boy" system doesnt bother you, then this might be the place for you. They are never consistent in what they say and say one thing and do another. Just because they give you free supplements, doesnt give a company the right to treat you like your just a number.
Great company to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 7, 2014
Pros: challenging work, enviroment
Cons: direction
One of the best companies in America. Bodybuilding.com is a innovative company that continues to climb the ranks. Seeking a new challenge after six years. Will discuss more upon request.
Could be a really great company
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Midway,FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses, sometimes and access to free supplements
Cons: low pay, inefficiency for day to day operations, total lack of communications from corporate to warehouse
Would be great place to work if they would do a better job of listening to workers when it comes to making better efficiency decisions from the warehouse perspective and better pay.
Great job overall
Customer Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 1, 2014
Pros: onsite gym, benefits, culture, passionate ceo, ability to get a raise every quarter based on performance, helping people make positive change their lives.
Cons: call center job, upper management.
As far as being a call center job this is probably the best one you will find. Decent pay and you are given 100% the ability to help your customers, rather than handing it off to someone else to make the decision on. The company was founded by a great CEO, but as the company gets bigger and he is less involved with the call center, it is moving more – more... into a T-Mobile atmosphere. In itself it isn't bad but that's not the company that I wanted to work for.

Pretty rigorous interview process that takes a lot of your time. It is a group interview where you will learn about the company and then work in groups to get to know the other people being interviewed. Its actually a really fun process but it will take up your day. You will also interview in front of all of the managers and a couple of other people that are interviewing so it can be a bit intimidating. Its a really fun process overall, but is a bit long winded for the job.

Originally it felt like I was doing something different and positive, but in the end it just became another high stress call center job. You will feel replaceable with this job and really you are because there are 500 other people willing to take your job tomorrow when given the opportunity. Kind of demoralizes you a bit. Your direct managers are excellent but the upper management lacks a lot of communication and seems to be there only to intimidate your manager who will in turn bring that to you.

Overall, I would recommend this job as a great position to work at while you are going to college. You will make great money for a student and the people will make it very fun. If you are actually looking at moving up within the company, I would recommend getting your degree and then applying directly into the corporate position rather than working in the call center first. It is definitely possible to move up but just know that it is a lot harder to move up into the position you want with this company than to just apply into the position. – less
Software Development at BodyBuilding.com
Software Developer (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: team-building, free barbecue on fridays, friendly people
Cons: boise is not the most exciting place for some
Flexible arrival time, casual outfits, not to many meetings, learned about enterprise-level technology, friendly and helpful management, very skilled developers, very fun and healthy environment.
Fun work enviroment with a growing company
Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours
Cons: wages
I really enjoy working for this company. The benefits are excellent and the company has grown nearly 30% every year since its start.
I started out picking orders, and within two years I am now a shipping lead. All the employees in this warehouse do a great job getting all of the orders out everyday. We are the most efficient warehouse out of the four – more... in the U.S. The hardest part of the job is the wages we are paid, and because of this there is higher turnover and a constant need for training new employees. I feel if they could make the wages higher, there would be less turnover and in some departments we could run with less help which would save cost as a whole. For a younger single person this is an excellent job. For someone with a family the wages make it tough not to look for another job. – less
Great place to work also does team building with different activities
OUTBOUND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Midway, FLSeptember 14, 2013
Like most warehouses, it's a fast pace environment and yet a place where you enjoy being with those around you. The leadership that the management team has to offers show the strength that the company has to offer. But when you're working there its all about motivation and each person helps each other out if they don't have it for that moment. Teamwork!
They had X-Box, Fooze Ball Table, and Volley ball for the workers to use on breaks, and employee lunches once a month
Product Order and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 23, 2013
Pros: they had x-box, fooze ball table, and volley ball for the workers to use on breaks, and employee lunches once a month
Cons: debbie downer employees
Typical day at work was;
1.clocking in
2.picking/scanning orders till first break
3.picking/scanning orders till lunch ( 1 hour long)
4.picking/scanning the last of the orders of the day and getting all orders out and on the trucks.

I learned that I have a great ability to organize a warehouse
and that I am a very maticulous hard working who wants – more... to focus on work.

Co- workers were either more like me or they were the exact opposite- they were never satisfied with the job and all the benifits.

Overhearing co-workers complaints, they were real debbie downers

Having the option of moving up in the company and being able to train for new positions.

I loved working for this company, everything about this company was always positive. – less
Terrible place to work!
Outbound Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJuly 26, 2013
Cons: awful pay, tons of hours, employees are treated like dirt.
The absolute worse place I have ever worked. They place unfair expectations on employees to get work completed, terrible pay(55000 to run a department of 100+ people), tons of hours so if you want to have a life besides work don't apply here, no training, upper management is no help and very rude.
Customer Sales and Service
CSR II (Current Employee), Meridian, IDSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: did not advance as promised
I assisted customers with product information, placing an order, and package logistics.
fast pace working environment, pleasant experience
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 29, 2012
Pros: it was a great place to work over all
Cons: no over time.
Picking and packing orders. I learned how to work better with computers scanning orders and suck. Had great co workers. The hardest part of the job was when we had to rush to get the orders out the door on a really busy day.
very fun place to work. great environment, and excellent management.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Midway, FLDecember 2, 2011
Pros: recieve bonus every quarter for hard work
Cons: none to my knowledge
I worked for Bodybuliding.com for almost 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there. I learned a lot about how to work and get things done as a team.

About Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com is the virtual one-stop shop to help you get pumped, ripped, and shredded, or just lose that tire around the – Read more