Bodycote Employee Reviews

Manager at fast placed autotive site
Nitriding manager and heat treatment specialist (Current Employee) –  United KingdomJanuary 16, 2018
Bodycote is a great place to learn and advance your career. There many opportunities at this company. It is a tough industry so don’t expect a free meal ticket. I enjoy the fast past and good salary.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Tough industrial for a tough character
repetetive fast paced
50-60 hrs
6-7 day workweeks
little family time
repetetive
poor training/discrepencies between how shifts handle the same paperwork differently which is confusing for new people.
fast paced supervisor has no patience
fairly easy jobs
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
Good company and environment
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 11, 2018
I only worked there a few months, but I had wonderful support from management; seemed to be quite collaborative, but resources were limited. Corporate and local efforts were in process of being better aligned.
Pros
Management was available and listened
Cons
office location
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 11, 2018
Bodycote is a great place to learn and advance your career. I see many employees moving up in this business. Bodycote also provides me and my family with an awesome benefits package that includes 401(k). A really great place to come to everyday.
Benefits
Bad experience
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTDecember 26, 2017
Poor compensation, lack of employees, high turnover rate, bad management. Needs improvement in employee appreciation and overall work environment. Training
Forklift Operator
Assembler and Distributor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was preparation of parts to be sent out to consuming companies. I learned to do inventory and test parts of airplanes. Management appreciated my work.
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
I'm not sure how much the location where I worked at has changed, but when I was there management was terrible. The higher-ups didn't care about their personnel and were very bias with their hiring. I would not recommend anyone working there if things have not changed.
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
poor safety, poor training, extremely poor management
Aerospace is always unpredictable
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CANovember 22, 2017
Continuing work in the Aerospace industry is always unpredictable. Always fast paced and attention to detail is a must. Workplace mostly consists of persons in the industry for many years.
good place
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CANovember 20, 2017
Great place to work but it was slow. After the audit things changed and 8 of the employees where laid off. I was with this company for about 3 years 4 months and i loved working for them.
Pros
Coworkers
Terrible Company to work for
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2017
If you are looking for a company with integrity, room for growth, to be treated fairly, this is not the company. You are talked about to all of management. They have sold their souls to the devil to continue to do the things they do to people and get away with it.
Not a fun place to work
Helper (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 26, 2017
I don't like this place. This is one of those jobs where they want you to do more with less. The pay was also very poor for what work i do. The training sucks The supervisors make you feel like you're dumb They work you non stop all week and weekend Family is not important to them
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
Short breaks the pay sucks
job does not appreciate their workers
Heat Treat Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 20, 2017
Management is terrible. Production supervisor is not understanding but wants you to understand any and all of his problems. this job overall does not appreciate their workers.
Pros
n/a
Horrible Supervisor
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 11, 2017
The human resources mangaer was rude and showed favoritism. She came into the company and changed the process for time off. Created a point system that had never been in place for over 30 years.
fast paced factory job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working at Bodycote thermal processing everyone was inviting and a joy to work with as well as very helpful. overtime hours are available as well as paid time off.
Heat-treater (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 2, 2017
Worthless and west of time not good at all their management nothing to learn feel lick death ended job no benefits and realize is the very cheap company to work with them.
Its not a hard job, but...
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 25, 2017
The duties at Bodycote aren't difficult but they do have their inner circles. Advancement opportunities are not there unless you've been there fir years and have brown nosed the right people.
Heat Treating
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 7, 2017
Bodycote was a good employer. I have worked for them twice. The benefits are fair and the salary was fair as well. I have recommended other peers to seek employment with Bodycote.
N/a
Heat Treat Operator-B (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 11, 2017
The new management made the work environment very stressful with a maximum expected profit margin. I watched the company go from working nine months a year, to working 24-hours a day. The newly hired upper-management constantly demanded more and more profits.
Pros
A descent pay check, if you were willing to work 7-days/week.
Cons
Hot and dangerous.
A great place to work, very stable and opportunities to learn new skills
Employee Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 11, 2017
I worked in the Benefits Dept. for 11 years and loved it. My manager and I had our own responsibilities, worked together and kept our employees first.
Pros
Ability to learn new skills, promotes from within
Cons
Benefits competitive, but could be better/more affordable
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  London, OHJuly 31, 2017
Great job that is very slow paced. There are many different things to do in the warehouse. Mostly painting the floors, walls or other objects, sweeping or mopping the floors can also be a possible task of the day.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers
Cons
Can be a dirty job depending on the task for the day