Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews

Fun work environment and office culture within manufacturing dept.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 19, 2017
The manufacturing department is a fun place to work. Lots to do, and can be stressful at times, but thats the life of manufacturing. Bosses are supportive and co-workers are generally helpful. It's important to maintain this type of culture in a team environment.
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 16, 2017
Boehringer Ingelheim creates working relationships that turn into family. This company has such a positive and encouraging attitude towards improvement for both its products and its employees.
Wonderful Company to get your feet wet in the Pharma Industry
Therapeutic Business Specialist Diabetes (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2017
I came to BI as a brand new rep in the industry. During my first 18 months I knew that Pharmaceutical sales were a perfect fit for my competitive nature. I was able to exceeds my goals and expected bonus as well as Finish in the top 8% of the company in sales the first two years.
Pros
Flexibility with early morning breakfasts and evening dinner programs.
Cons
Not enough time to see if new processes are effective.
A great start up opportunity that turned into a major pharmaceutical company .
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
Starting as a territory representative being promoted to a hospital rep, district manager, regional director and national specialty directory was an amazing experience...
Very Productive Place with Ping Pong Table and Games People Never Used
Quality (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 2, 2017
BI was a family centered workplace but it shifted values to attract Millennials and win awards over substance. They focus on making more health and if they make the right decisions will have products to remain a private company moving forward.

The hardset part of the job is providing details and results foe the fragmented matrix management.
Pros
Remote working was allowed
Cons
moving towards outsourced models for everything including core R&D
Super cool colleagues
Scientist II, Bioprocess Engineering Upstream (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 24, 2017
very nice building for employees to work at, but there is no cafeteria to provide hot meal for lunch. People are very nice to work with and great people culture at BI. Unfortunately BI hires too many contractors, each individual can only work at BI for 2 years max., and 98% of contractors can't be converted to full time.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
contractor based company
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant Global Sourcing R&D+M (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Boehringer Ingelheim. The hardest part of the job was coming into the position midstream but it worked out well. It was a true team environment and I look forward to working there again.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Commute Time
fast
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 17, 2017
Lots of work but worth it. would work there again. I would recommend this company for anyone starting out or already in the industry. I learned a lot working here.
Pros
money
I still work here
Laboratory Animal Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTOctober 17, 2017
I work here and dont plan on quitting. I really do not want to write this review so I am not going to. Just going to take up the 150 characters minimum
Privately held company, with strong animal health portfolio
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
Products are excellent in all species. Technology is lacking and support staff is limited/overwhelmed. Great benefits and job security. Animal Health is a much better organization to work for compared to the Pharmaceutical side.
Pros
Privately held
Cons
Growing fast and small company feel is no longer there
Entry level biotech job
Bioanalytical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 2, 2017
I was hired out of college and promised that there were immediate advancement opportunities as training modules were completed. This was promised verbally by HR and patently false. I could not live on the salary provided while paying student loans and did not receive any raises at all over the course of two years. With a college degree I made $23,100/year.
Coordinator III, Pricing Program Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 2, 2017
I would never have left but I had some home life issues to deal with and I wasn't going to be able to continue working there because I had to relocate.
Company no longer exists in the US
Scientist IV (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2017
This company no longer does R&D in the US so it is stupid to be writing a review for it. This process is braqindead to think a nearly twety year impression has any bearing today.
Great benefits if you don;t mind no work-life balance and poor management
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 24, 2017
There can be many benefits working for BI as far as the great employees,heath insurance,401K, time off and travel. However the management is poor and overwork their employees. I've taken many recent marketing classes and I would say this company is behind on delivering their customers needs in an innovative way. I would recommend working here if you don't mind always working, however you you want a life outside of this company, I highly recommend you keep searching.
Pros
401K, health insurance including vision and dental paid time off and travel
Cons
no work life balance, poor management
professional, serious, goal driven
DIRECTOR of MARKETING RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 23, 2017
professional work atmosphere, with great opportunities to grow and learn from diverse people and situations. Management influenced by German HQ, which affected USA operations. Workplace culture was goal focused, achievement, company successes. The hardest part of the job was getting through the "red tape" in such a large Corporation. The most enjoyable part was being able to be yourself, create your own style of work and to be entrepreneurial.
Used to be a great place to work.
Clinical Trial Budget Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Company seems to be mismanaged over the last few years. Major restructurings and job eliminations have resulted. Management is poor, and culture is stressful. Too much meddling from overseas.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture, management.
loved the job but all product went generic and the rest were not approved by FDA
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin,TX and Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Made 10 to 14 call per day on set schedule. Sold or advanced the sell of product. Checked sample and left samples or coupons.
Made appointments, schedule lunches, schedule dinner programs and attended 2 others monthly. Checked in on all staff. Management was competitive, enjoyed winning over other territories.
The hardest part of the job was finding the selling point that would appeal to that doctor. The enjoyable part was winning the different contest.
Pros
Extra incentives
Cons
FDA did not approve our products in time to stop the lay offs
Beautiful campus
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 12, 2017
Company has its offices in a beautiful campus in Ridgefield, CT. There are great dining options, places to exercise, onsite gym, onsite childcare etc.
challenging work atmosphere
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Colbert, GASeptember 7, 2017
The atmosphere at this site is not typical for all BI sites. The culture of this workplace is very tough to mold into and can be very difficult to deal with on some days. Management is lacking when it counts and overbearing when it doesn't.
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Cons
unevenly distributed work loads.
Avoid if possible
Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 6, 2017
No career advancement possibilities once you reach senior technical level. All technical work is being "off shored". Fancy term for outsourced. Current IT managers are all terrible and seem to be hand picked for political reasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our community is ready to answer.