Boeing Employee Reviews

Found 3,107 reviews matching the search
Interesting 9 years
Senior Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDFebruary 26, 2017
I worked at Boeing in Annapolis Junction for 9 years. I worked on labor type subcontracts in support of NSA prime contracts. The typical day was repetitive and stressful. It was a business that was not Boeing's core competency, which is of course building airplanes. We used policies and procedures designed for the commercial airline part of the business which was very frustrating. The company would not spend the resources to create business specific policies and systems for a business that didn't produce a product but rather provided a service. I did learn about how to be flexible and work independently. Management changed often. Low moral among work force. High turnover. Made a few good friends that I continue to correspond with.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, overtime work
Cons
High turnover, sub optimal policies and procedures
Manager IT/Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2017
Boeing builds the best aerospace products in the world, treats employees very well.
Has a great compensation and benefits
Commercial Aircraft company
Manager's assistant/Tool and Die Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 25, 2017
Commercial Aircraft company that fabricates both commercial and military aircraft and equipment. Employees 1000s of people worldwide and offers reasonable benefits and comparable pay to like companies. Security is not a strong point.
Pros
offers reasonable benefits and comparable pay to like companies
Cons
Security is not a strong point.
Boeing offers a breadth of experiences, but bureaucracy can be frustrating
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Because of its size, it's really easy to spend an entire career inside Boeing. I've had several jobs within the company and while there are similarities, no two are exactly alike in tasks.

The way they are all alike though, is the bureaucracy. Decisions tend to be pushed uphill and lots of signatures are needed before decisions are made. It can be really frustrating.

Since the company promotes internally for the most part, there aren't many with outsider perspectives.

Some industrial engineers get to apply their education, but it really depends on the group.

The good news is that the company recognizes this and changes are starting noticeable in some areas.
Pros
Diverse experiences
Cons
Waiting to get decision concurrence from everyone
Excellent place to work.
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIFebruary 24, 2017
People and culture were great and was the best part of the job. I wish there would have been more opportunity for career growth.
Pros
Ability to take on many challenges
Cons
Pay doesn't match level of work
Good Place
Contract Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2017
There's a company gym that saves employees $30 per month. Solid location in Long Beach. Unfortunately recruiters are overworked and underpaid. It's a process management position and not truly a recruiting role where you get to source.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Electrical Mech. Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoyed working on a team with everyone evolved on this build process with keeping quality and safety in mind. Annual certification of processes help continue awareness and job security.
Pros
Incentives with rewards and bonuses
Cons
Commute and time managment
I enjoyed the daily challenges
Aviation Mechanic Tech (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98204February 23, 2017
On a daily basis my job was challenging, my Leads new of my capabilities and also new that if there was a job that needed to be done I could do it. I enjoyed working as part of a team.
Pros
Challenging, wages, health care, retirement
Cons
Finding Parking, Changing of supervisors was excessive.
Production Coordinator
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 23, 2017
When I first started with the company everything was great. The only issue I have is major issues are not addressed and are usually swept under the rug. I have also experienced a hold in job advancement because Boeing wants to remain "competitive". Loyalty is not honored much anymore. They need to develop a plan that will keep their employees motivated.
Pros
Benefits, annual bonus, Great Diversity and Inclusion Council Team.
Cons
not much opportunity for job advancement and addressing issues
It is a hectic work enviroment with allot of complaints from high up without solutions.
V-22 Quality Assurance & Aircraft Technician (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 23, 2017
This is a maintenance atmosphere so, there is nothing special. Management has complaints but is too passive to make necessary changes. Valued employees often leave due to a toxic work environment created by disarray.
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Aviall is a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement. Benefits are good with a selection of health care plans. Helps if you are an aviation enthusiast .
Pros
open communication
Cons
like all big corps can be politcal
Riddled with Complacency
PM (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 23, 2017
Benefits are unbelievable and base salary is competitive given the lack of other options in the local area. Constant management shuffle- it is not unusual to report to 10+ managers over the course of 2-3 years.
Boeing Review
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2017
* Sit at desk running CAD
* Gained skills in structural design
* Management could vary by project
* Workplace culture was stressful
* Hardest part was reading 2-D drawings
*Most enjoyable was working clean sheet design
Benefits
Cons
Poor Advancement
Fusion Admin
Oracle Fusion Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2017
Oracle Fusion admin environment is good in Boeing. I joined one year back. Working environment is good. All infrastructure is good.
Great Company
Composites NC Programmer - Engineering (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2017
Employees were a great source of information and friendly. Everyone cared about the work they produced. Management needed to listen to the employees more.
Pros
workforce
Cons
management - lack of information
Excellent employer with over 100 years of experience.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoy working at Boeing and would recommend the company to any of my friends. The company is very large which allows for many opportunities for advancement or career changes.
Great Place
Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Loved everything about the job, only leaving to relocate closer to family. Manager was great, I really felt liked she cared about her employees.
Pros
people, culture
Cons
location
Awesome place to work
Information System Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Boeing has been by far the best company I have ever worked for best benefits bar none. I worked 7 years in the military and other than the 20 year retirement that the Army offers Boeing has the best match 8%. Free High deductible Health Coverage with HSA or two levels that are very affordable. Training opportunities for certifications or tuition reimbursement a world class company with a great work life balance and excellent culture.
Pros
Great all around company
Cons
most of the workforce 60% is retirement age
Excellent healthcare benefits
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I have been working at Boeing for over 8 years. The opportunities are great, except that lately the job security is somewhat lacking due to the ever changing way that the economy and competition is.
Used to be an excellent place to work....
Design and Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
The pay and benefits are good but, there is no job security at all. When the upper management doesn't know about what they are doing, that's all creating a mess down the stream.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2