Boeing

Boeing Employee Reviews

Found 1,757 reviews matching the search
Unfulling
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2016
The job is subject to weekly and monthly reporting cycles. Schedule status updates are due Fridays each week for input into Boeing systems for review the following Tuesday. Cost and schedule reports and charts are generated weekly. Weekly program reviews are conducted either on a Weds afternoon or Thursday afternoon to discuss presentation data and review status issues. The meeting formats are standard and expectations are understood across all functional teams. The degree of support by 1st level management of these meetings can vary considerable unfortunately. Considerable effort goes into the preparation of the meeting but the importance management gives to the reviews can vary.
Pros
pay / benefits
Cons
wasted effort and time
Enjoy my co-workers
Senior Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 10, 2016
My co-workers are a great group of people. My first line manager is great and encouraging of my career and personal growth.
Market Based Affordability
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater PhiladelphiaFebruary 9, 2016
Market based affordability targets has forced Boeing to make continuous reductions in the there defensive segment workforce.

After three years of service, or the equivalent work experience from a similar company, Boeing will pay for your education while you work full time. I think Boeing is a good company to work for, but keep in mind this is a cyclical business, so be prepared to explore employment elsewhere if the business model goes through a lull.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Business model lacks innovation
IT Portfolio Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to work if you're looking for stability and work life balance. Level of stress depends on role you are in and program you are on.
Pros
Opportunities within the company to do different things
Cons
Lack of career planning provided by management and HR
Great experience, mediocre benefits
Systems Design & Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 6, 2016
This job has introduced me to new technologies and the immediate team is great to work with. Job security is always a hot topic as cuts are always discussed.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Boeing is a great place to work - enjoyed my job, the folks I worked with. They had great benefits. The hardest part of my job was the commute - 5 1/2 hours per day...however it was my choice to work there so nothing to complain about. I have maintained friendships with co-workers.
Pros
nice folks to work with
Cons
my commute
Good company
Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2016
Great company for retired military.Moving up will be an issue. Folks are set in their ways. Working in the Philly area is harder than working in the DC area.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no room for growth
Great place to work for although many levels of management can make it difficult at times
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2016
Learn something new everyday and expect change all the time.
Lots of opportunities to work at many different roles in the company.
Opportunities for management can be difficult if you do not have the right network.
Depending what program you work for, work varies from relax to very stressful.
Pros
Good Compensation Benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up the company
Typical Day
Structural & Payloads Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73135February 4, 2016
Typical place, Not sure what to say here. Just try to get a Job there and see for yourself. It's a personal kind of thing and everyone's experience will be different
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Politics
over all work line
Logistics Admin Support (Former Employee) –  internationalFebruary 4, 2016
Company, well organized and fun to work for, life balance good, benefits, should be better, job security needs more work Management need more training for country working for.

Want to know more about Boeing?

Ask a question
Go Army!
DEVICE TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 4, 2016
You really cannot complain about a job that has great medical coverage for a young soldier and 3 square meals a day. Obviously pay could have been better, but since room and board were covered it could have been worse.
Great Job, excellenent people, and job satisfaction.
Regional FSR for the US Army CH-47D/F (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and works with employees to help accommodate changes in work schedule if possible. Great people to work with, which makes working with the company that much better. I would continue doing this job until retirement if the Government could continue to fund it. Great satisfaction from helping out the US Army!
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Travel.
Boeing is a great place to work
Operations Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ridley Park, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Boeing is a great place to work that affords the employee opportunities in a current position as well as ability to rotate into other positions within the company. Boeing offers internal training and encourages furthering education at accredited establishments.

Boeing places their employees into positions best suited to their abilities and skills.

Co-workers were professional and had the best interest of the department in daily activities.
Great place to work and benefits
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
family oriented and great benefits, interesting company because of space company. lots of employee functions and recognition.
Current Job
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2016
My typical daily tasks are screening all the new applicants that are selected by recruiters. I review resumes, Boeing profiles, and determine if the applicant is qualified based on the information they provided. I have a great team who work hard to meet deadlines and TAT.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Not a lot of advancement in department
I thought the advancement was a bit stagnant
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I would like an opportunity for possible advancement commensurate with my hard work.

I learned many things while working at this company: communications, interpersonal relationship skills, and teamwork.
Pros
Great benefits, 401 K, Retirement/Pension, etc
Cons
Advancement was slow
A Company Needing Ethics
Staff Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2016
A once great company that has lost it's way. From the elimination of employee pension plans, steep decline in insurance coverage and shipping jobs to low cost areas, the Boeing Company is proving more and more that they no longer care about their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Slow to react; Resists moving into the future; Opposed to virtual employees
Easy to Coast
Quality Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 1, 2016
Boeing is a big company and it's easy to lost track of people. It's enraging for people like me to watch so many people in the company get away with doing little to nothing and even though we're not union, it seems impossible to get let go. Very easy to coast by. You'll get a decent pay, and great benefits but job satisfaction is low, morale is almost non existent and lay offs are cyclical.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
no accountability, morale barely exist
NASA - Productive and interesting place to work.
Systems and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Working for The Boeing Company, contracting with NASA on the International Space Station (ISS) project was the most interesting job. I learned so much about the ISS and was able to meet some of the astronauts.
Pros
I got some NASA collectibles such as astronaut autograhphs, posters, and ISS products.
Great people in the warehouse and supply chain field
Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at Boeing over all was great. Knowing the type of people that you were going to work with everyday and knowing that we all worked well together was a plus....
Benefits