Boeing
1,140 reviews

Boeing Employer Reviews

Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Renton, WAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work has me sitting at my desk working through emails, and working specific jobs. I have learned a great deal in regards to working across groups and with very intelligent engineers. I am better at checking my work and really thinking through and problem solving on my own before asking for help. I have also learned to work well with – more... a difficult group lead. The hardest part of the job really can be troubleshooting on my own. In the beginning really, until I learned the ropes. – less
Fine work place with quality management and benifits
Production Illustrator (Former Employee), Renton, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good work environment with caring management and co-workers
Cons: some meetings seemed too long and unproductive.
Prioritized work packages and modified and changes drawing as per engineers request. Learned to work as a team a brought a good attitude to the work place to improve team production and moral.
Management was fair and concerned with creating a quality work place to produce an excellent product. The hardest part of the job was sitting though meetings – more... that sometimes seamed too long and unproductive. Then most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment after a productive day of work. – less
dangerous work environment
Bond lay up and Autoclave operator (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
Good pay and unsafe environment. Engineers don't have a good knowledge
Productive & fun workplace, lots of nice people
Data/staff Analyst 2 (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: under no supervision, private office
Cons: projects might be longer than 8hrs per day
Best company I've worked for so far.

Full time work place facing different projects as the day goes along.

Many things learned throughout the different departments.

Most enjoyable part of the job was solving every issue faced throughout the day,
Boeing
Trade Control Specialist II (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAOctober 20, 2014
This is a great place to work and a place to grow in your career. I would encourage anyone to join the Boeing Team.
Experience
Assembler B (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2014
Experience of working on an airplane. Just was not what I liked to do any longer.
I liked the environment and advancement
Shaper Operator/Bench Mechanic (Former Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: skills development
Cons: only the layoff
This position provided me with many opportunities to learn multiple
skills as a machine operator/mechanic. I also learned to do quallity control work as well as basic machining.

During my time at Boeing I had a positive experience by during a downturn was laid off.
Productive, good atomsphere and good leadership
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Layton, UTOctober 17, 2014
The Boeing Company has a great work ethic and great atomsphere. Boeing has really good benefits and take care of their employees.
Fast paced.
Quality Production Specialist (Current Employee), Everett, WAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: aerospace leader.
Cons: have not won lotto yet.
Boeing is the Aerospace leader. Boeing promotes and utilizes leading edge technology that the competition is unable to produce.
Typical Corporate Company Atmosphere.
Estimating & Pricing Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2014
Pros: Good work life balance. Many different jobs within company.

Cons: Poor salary increases. No performance based promotions. Slow growth.
A Dream Job
Integral Fuel Cell Manuf Techn (31206-06) (Former Employee), Everett, WAOctober 15, 2014
Amazing place to work!
Assemble and install parts, structural components and sub-assemblies to build and attach major wing assemblies. Work is typically performed in wing sections after the upper and lower panels have been joined and/or within closed areas of the wing. Position will require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells and crawling – more... through an opening 17.75"" X 10.00"" in order to get inside the fuel cell. – less
Repetative
Worker (Current Employee), Everett, WAOctober 14, 2014
The same thing everyday with too many politics. No way to move up unless you brown nose. It steals your soul.
Great place if you're ready for your career to plateau
Infosec Specialist (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: easy work, no pressue on performance
Cons: easy work, no pressure on performance, pay and benefits are sub-par and getting worse every year.
People call Boeing "the Lazy-B" for a reason. There isn't a fast pace, good enough performance is rewarded with continued employment. Ambitious people quickly get bored, and there is very little correlation between performance and reward.
Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 10, 2014
A great company to work for they allow for personal growth and family life balance
It's an okay place to work
Finance (Current Employee), WashingtonOctober 10, 2014
Nice Health Benefits
Nice Vacation and Sick Time
They can pay for all you schooling 100% depending on the career

The experienced generation people are very helpful and nice

Younger generation out for blood and will throw you under the bus to make themselves look good. A lot of brown nosing and networking required to be promoted. Advancement is hard – more... unless you work for the right manager or brown nose the right manager or sell your co-workers out.

Some manangers remain managers and I have no idea why. The managers are either clue less or a micromanager or to busy! – less
Changing culture
Bellevue, Versatile Technologist (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: supportive management for the most part.
Cons: large company so there is lots of bureaucracy, communications challenges and slow change.
If you are young, just out of college with a technical degree (engineering, science, IT, etc.) Boeing is a good place to start. Be prepared to move to other parts of the US for maximum opportunities however.
WoW - They can do that.
Procurement Financial Analyst (PFA) (Current Employee), St. LouisOctober 9, 2014
Pros: it warm in the winter and cool in the summer
Cons: i start work at 6:00am
I work with some of the brightest minds in the world. The things that they can make happen, is incrdible. Too bad I can't decribe the amazement I see every day.
The people are all top notch players. If a job needs to get done, you can count on Boeing to do. I don't know how, but things happen.
It's leading edge technology.
Good Company
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 9, 2014
Good place to work, sequester is affecting opportunities at this facility
Good atmosphere and easy to get along with others.
Labor Accountant (Former Employee), Southern California Site. St. Louis Site.October 9, 2014
Pros: great accounting experience. excellent work environment, great management team.
Cons: no cons that i can think of.
My work days in California at the Boeing Company started bright and early, by 6 am my day started. it was so enjoyable to work with the team members and the management team also.
My accounting experience was somehow limited before i started working for the Boeing Company, because i was a recent graduate and my educational background was strong, but – more... i needed to add to my already acquired accounting experience. The Boeing Company was the place to provide me with that experience that i needed. it ranged from Contracts, bulk allocations, account recons., problem solving, and auditing.
the management team in the Southern California sites were very helpful, guided me in the right direction and provided me with the accounting and financial experience i was seeking.
After being located to the Saint Louis Site, I added more to my experience in areas such as; rate forecasting, labor analysis, team-player employee. It was a different style of management, but was given the chance to join many teams in order to increase productivity.
Every part of my job was enjoyable, I learned from the team and shared my experience with my co-workers in order to accomplish our team goals. – less
Great work place
Electronic Assembler /Conformal Coat (Former Employee), irving texasOctober 8, 2014
We worked on everything in the about an airplane, it was great to have a union to have your back.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more