Boeing
1,270 reviews

Boeing Employer Reviews

Its Great Experience to work for Boeing EA team. It has a great work culture.
Sr Business System Analyst / Troux Architect (Former Employee), Seattle WAJanuary 28, 2015
Its Great Experience to work for Boeing EA team. It has a great work culture.
Material Management Analyst IV (Former Employee), mesa azJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: can get lost in the numbers
Worked for over 30 years advanced regularly with hard work. Pushed to curb after I turned 55 and made good money
Great
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Great management and exciting work place. Gained experience in aircraft manufacturing
Great place to learn. Great teammates. Seeing a plane being made from start to finish.
Port. / Perish.Tool Liaison and ohter positions (Current Employee), Long Beach Ca.January 26, 2015
Pros: the job and the people and the product you help make.
Cons: layoffs, plant closers. always worried about layoffs that's aerospace
My job always presented new challenges which I liked. When you think you know it all then you learn something you did no about doesn't matter how long you been there you will always something how to do it faster know where find it better ways to make your job faster and better. And the older generation that's been there a long time always helping you and giving you tips And pass knowledge on to you. In return you do the same for the next generation. Pretty cool I think. Kind of like a big family made a lot a good friends and meet really good people and some strange ones but it's good it makes your job better and more enjoyable. Great pay and benefits you can't be that. .
Boeing review
contractor/Direct (Former Employee), charlestonJanuary 26, 2015
Boeing was a good company to work for but there was too much buddy system at charleston plant when I was there. I would go back if had the chance though.
Manufacturing Engineer-Structures (Current Employee), Everett, WashingtonJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: management still needs work on interpersonal skills at all levels
Been with this company for over 23 years and have been able to do quite well with them as my job. Owned houses, cars, built several hotrods and now am looking forward to retiring with them in a few short years!
Typical Day
Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: every package is challenging
Cons: often hard to get all of the supporting information from the subcontractor
My day typically involves the review of Subcontractor proposals from a cost perspective. I review and make recommendations of various cost elements drivivng the proposal bottom line. The review typically includes a review of the proposed bill of material, the labor hours, the rates used to price the proposal, other direct costs and profit.
New challenges daily.
Manufacturing Tech Lead (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: payroll deduction to pay for items at the stores.
Cons: parking.
I have worked at Boeing for 6 years. There has never been a dull moment. Always exciting everyday is a start of a new chapter at Boeing. This is a easy place to come and work and feel thathat you are part of something great.
Productive and Innovative
Systems and Data Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Great working environment, provides excellent learning opportunities and experiences. Offers competitive salary and benefits. People take pride in their work and the products they produce. Has both domestic and international locations.
So many changes over the years.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the support of management. many opportunities.
Cons: the lack of help from co-workers, in the beginning.
There was a lot of confusion. The support of the new engineer was almost nil. I was able to work on just about all of the Planes that Boeing built.

As it is on any program, each of the Leads had different ways to Lead. I enjoyed the work when I could make decisions and have the work accepted by those people I was working for (The customers and employers).

I worked in MR&D and was never sure of whether or not anything I did was going to hurt or help me or the company. We had to justify our work nearly every week, but at least once a month. I wanted to have a little better feeling about my job. I wanted to do my job and feel good about doing it well. I enjoyed my co-workers there and the opportunity to be there. The manager was great.

I had to work pretty hard to get training for CATIA V4. The training was very different from the actual work when I was able to work in Engineering. Those who were there already would not support my learning period. I was left on my own. As the years went I was given more opportunities and I found better working situations. The conditions and the co-workers were always good.

The management, after a time, was much better. I was held back financially by one manager but each subsequent manager tried to correct my financial situation so I was happy with all of the rest of the managers.
Professional Work Place
Structure I Mechanic (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great environment, great poeple
• Performed C-17 combat lighting modifications, worked with planning and engineering on cost reductions, reduced the completion time over 20% and a cost savings of over $5,000.00 dollars.
• Install parts or make repairs to the C-17 aircraft structure as per the instructions provided in the manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Evaluate the fixtures for alignment, precision, and strength and confirm them with standard measurements.
• Install fasteners and provide a firm grip to all joints and fixtures.
• Treat the damaged parts with mechanical and chemical procedures or replace them with new models.
• Team leader for a team of over 15 employees, assigning, assisting, and monitoring schedule and cost during the modification process
• Currently leading a high performance work group within the C-17 program, using employee involvement and 5S as a means of KPI (key performance indicators)
Growth and career advancement
Tool Design Engineer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Maintaining all the tools and designs was always a challenge. Trying to get designs done on time was always a challenge. I learned how this job has allowed me to grow in my career and I learned how fast I learn while on the job.
At Boeing they allow you to grow at your pace and our very patient while you are learning the business.
Our Tooling team was a very young and ambitious group. Everyone was willing to help anytime it was needed. I loved passing on the knowledge I learned as I worked at Boeing.
The hardest part of Boeing was getting the proper training to be able to do your job at the best of your ability.
The best part of the job was seeing the growth within myself and how much confidence I gained working here. Managers allowed you to work at your pace ann rarely put pressure on you for whatever pace you grew at.
Great place to work and great management
Sourcer Recruiter (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers and management
Learned how to integrate applicant tracking systems.

Typical day was learning systems and training online

Assisted in recruiting Veterans at a Defense Symposium
Great Company
Interior Fabrication Assembler (Current Employee), EverettJanuary 19, 2015
I am satisfied with this company
The only thing I concern about what would be the dissatisfaction is the time shift.
If you consider work as 2nd or 3rd shift, I would like to say this 'think more before you apply'
Professional
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Wichita, ksJanuary 18, 2015
• Became proficient at documenting events and writing reports on accidents, conflicts, damage, thefts, harassment, and physical security.
• Built positive, working relationships with Homeland Security, local law enforcement and the USAF in the protection of all government aircraft including the Presidential planes.
• Had continuous training for CPR and First Aid to keep up with modernization and maintain familiarity.
• Carrying a firearm required yearly qualifications in firearms safety and accuracy.
Outstanding company!
Intern; Compliance and Assessment Services (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 18, 2015
The Boeing Company is truly world class. It is a great place to work. The environment is professional, challenging and outstanding.
was good while it lasted
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Ridley Park, PAJanuary 15, 2015
company climate changed. it is now low morale,
no longer about working with the employees,
all about checking the boxes etc.
Excellent and friendly environment to work
System Engineer Level 4 (P4) (Former Employee), Huntington Beach CAJanuary 14, 2015
I had great time working with Boeing. Their Compensation/Benefits and advancement are excellent.
Great People Great Product!
Senior HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Puget Sound AreaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: paid time off during christmas and new years, pension & 401k match
Cons: parking at all sites in wa state are horrendous!
While there is always a debate if Boeing is an engineering company or a manufacturing company, one thing is clear it is not a lazy company. Most often you'll work a 8 plus hour day and that day could start as early as 7:00 a.m. It is a little difficult to wade through the political pond but there are many opportunities to grow and advance. Having two major unions influence benefits and compensation is mostly a plus for the non-union employee. At the end of the day the airplanes are magnificent and the people are top notch!
Great Company
Head Contracts and Pricing Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis MoJanuary 14, 2015
The Boeing Company is innovative, energetic, and team-centered Company. It can provide opportunities to work various places in different functions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more