Boeing
1,320 reviews

Boeing Employer Reviews

Potential to be a great IT company but IT is treated as stickly overhead.
Programmer Analyst, EO&T (Current Employee), Bellevue, waFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: health care and benefits
Cons: culture and resistance to change.
- Great developers that adapt quickly to customers needs.
- Company culture has gone downhill in the last few years due to job cuts and lack of budgets and advancement opportunities.
- Reluctance to accept Agile methodologies that could increase productivity.
Great company to work for with different opportunities
Business Planning & Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day consists of pulling and analyzing data, and telling managers what the data means. I have learned much about the technical skill-set, such as the Microsoft Office tools and IBM software.
fun place to work with added incentives
aircraft structures and surface mechanic (Former Employee), Long Beach CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: incentives for meeting goals, monetary rewards for building product under budget
Cons: short breaks
Daily meeting with management to discuss job assignments and address any safety concerns. I learned that teamwork is essential in meeting goals and making the work load a little lighter. I get along well with co-workers going as far to help them out if they are behind on job. I believe the hardest part of the job was working in a tank environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing work on time without any discrepancies because as a mechanic I was focused on first time quality to eliminate unnecessary rework.
This gave me a sense of pride and satisfaction.
Boeing was a very good place to work.
Sheet metal assembler (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: company over all was a very good company to work for.
Worked on assembly of military A/C, a typical day at work included drilling precision holes, riveting, installing fuel systems, inspection work, electrical installations, working with blue prints and process specs.
Learning was always a very big part of my job, I learned a very large amount of tasks, and have always been a very fast learner.
Have always worked close with management and customers improving the quality of products.
Have always worked with very talented individuals learning and sharing experience.
I really didn't find any of my job hard I always enjoyed learning new jobs and the challenge.
Good coworkers and opportunity to grow
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: most employees have a feeling of entitlement, like the company owes them something, without them having to work for it.
Good company to work for. I enjoy the people I work with and the opportunities to grow in your position. The only down fall is the early hours....
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: being able to choose how hard you want to work
Cons: lack of management
My job at Boeing was a temporary job that lasting only 6 month until our contract ran out and while working there I couldn't believe how little every employee cared about his or her work. The management at Boeing couldn't be more of a joke. The majority of the managers there care very little about their employees and their work. The culture there is to get the job done eventually and not strive for excellence, but instead for completion. Management is a crucial cog in the wheel that allows a business to stay competitive. Without proper leadership my job was essentially, an attendance based job with no expectations. Most employees would waste the majority of the day hiding out of site but that is not how I work. To be honest I joined in with my peers at first with the art of hiding all day but the boredom and felling of wasting time was too much. Only around 10% of us really did any work and not a soul cared, but 100% of us were terminated after our 6 months were up. This experience taught me very useful information on how not run companies and will help me tremendously when I run a business of my own.
Ok pay good benefits
Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlFebruary 21, 2015
Very flexible work schedule and great benefits. Pay is not good and promotions are impossible to get. It is like any other large corporation.
Great company with questionable leadership
Quality Production Specialist - Investigations (Current Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: executive leadership
This is a great company with awesome people. We do great things here and make amazing products. I do not personally care for the direction the company is going and how leadership is going about doing it.
Structural Technician (Current Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Great benefits! laid back and everyone is easy to get along with. Employees work together and don't mind training new hires.
Need a change in career path
Operations Analyst Level 3 (Current Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 19, 2015
The company has an opportunity to focus more on Employee safety and work life balance.

Management has opportunity to improve in how they lead their workforce.

The most difficult part of the position is the lack of communication within the company, as well as the disconnect between it's executives and the workers.
Worked to make sure that parts for the kits to ship out the next day were done.
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: some managers were not pleasent.
Arrive in the morning and review the work load to be completed for the next days kits. Enjoyed my co-workers. We would all work on one job that required all our skills to complete. The company had some jobs that were very difficult to complete. We had some days where the company would serve us Root Beer Float to held raise fund to help out people in the community.
Relocation to Oklahoma
Certification Specialist (Former Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Recently having relocated to Oklahoma from Seattle, I am looking for a position in where I can step back into the exciting business world, help others, and hopefully get back into software, IT, consulting, research, investigations, or process/procedure analyst.

I had to leave Boeing after eight years due to the lack of positions here in Oklahoma within Boeing. That said, I am excited to get back into business world. I have worked for Microsoft and Boeing, thoroughly love to learn and have proven time and time again my innate ability to manage projects from conception to completion, consult, or analyze any situation and come up with a solution.

There’s not a lot I have not done, nor is there anything that I can’t do!!!
productive and very busy days.
Mechanic/Office Personnel (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefit
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day of putting on side panel using rivet guns and painting fasteners, it's a job where you learn accuracy matter. My co-works was the best. Hardest part of the job is correcting a mistake. Enjoyable part of the job is always learning something new and the pay.
Boeing provide a good job with great benefits.
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: lots of overtime worked through the years.
A typical day working at Boeing was writing repairs for MRB write-ups addressing airplane damage during aircraft maintenance. on 747 airplanes.

I learned how to quickly access damage and come up with repairs that met FAA regulations and customer requirements.
Good place to work, minimal opportunity for advancement
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance, fun projects
Cons: currently little room for advacement with extremely senior workforce
Many job opportunities are available within the company at local and different sites. Most projects are involve interesting products and provide good work. However, due to a workforce that is overbalanced towards the senior side, promotions are nearly impossible to come by.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: employees working together as a team
Quality and Safety for their customers and employees is Boeing Company's main priority which each and everyone strived to achieve on a daily basis.
Successful company with good benifits
Precision Welder (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: uncertainty of future work.
This company is the leader in aerospace in the country, if not the world. Working with the people that I have, has enabled me to grow in this industry.
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Charleston, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Was a temp job... Mandated 80 hour weeks,,, This was a political tactic to answer what they were doing to accommodate the schedule deficit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more