Boeing Employee Reviews

Good work assignment.
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ridley Park, PADecember 11, 2017
My work assignment was to analyze the Patient Treatment Area of the Combat-Search and Rescue vehicle. I worked principally on the Environmental Control System which kept the temperature inside the CH-47 at reasonable temperatures.
Pros
Interesting work.
Cons
Distance from home.
Good job, management lacking
Quality Systems Specialist Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 11, 2017
Good job with great advancement benefits. Management lacked ability to understand the expertise level of their work force. I would conditionally recommend based on company colture
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
stressful without fully understanding requirements
Overall great place to work
Senior Consultant - Boeing Commercial Airplanes (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 11, 2017
Typical day is 7 to 4 pm. Offers the ability to flex time. There is an overall culture that promotes the value of learning and growing in the areas of interest.
Pros
Flexible work days and great benefits
Cons
Process and tools of a large company
Na
Internal and CEO communications (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2017
If your a specialist there is not a lot of room for growth and they will not promote in place. which is unfortunate they have lost some good people because of this
Boeing
Data Analyst/Data Modeler (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 11, 2017
Boeing had a competitive work culture. The hours were fair and the compensation was fair. The company had excellent benefits to complement the compensation.
Pros
Stock Options
Cons
Advancement
Work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 10, 2017
Office based work environment in cubicle with some factory floor activity. Emphasis on integrating lean principles in the work environment. Had a good manager but needed to relocate.
was a great company
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 9, 2017
I learned differant types of crimping and soldering got promotted to functional test electrician on the flight line within the first year. was a great job lots of overtime just didnt last long enough
Pros
great pay and compensation
Cons
laid off
Lack of advancement and poor manager
Procurement agent and International Strategist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 8, 2017
I see no future with the Boeing Company. I need to find another career opportunity where I can use my creativity and be compensate for it. It was all about the good old boys club.
Pros
I got the opportunity to work with aerospace. I love airplanes
Cons
Advancement is difficult to come by. Manager had low involvement with staff
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2017
Good Benefits, Good pay, Company can suck the excitement out of the most interesting jobs. Upper management doesn't know how to manage bid/major programs such as the 787 and tanker programs,
Pros
Benefits, pay and peers are generally good people to work with
Cons
Company keeps reducing benefits and engineers are not up to pushing back
Technically advanced workplace, great sense of accomplishment.
Aircraft Test Technician, General assembler (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2017
I love to get the jobs done that no one wants to take on, Boeing let me do that everyday. Great group of people to learn from and work side by side with.
Pros
great benefits, great pay at top
Cons
longtime to advance to top pay
Challenging place to work; every changing culture
Dell Business Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 6, 2017
Boeing has it positives and also negatives. There is culture that is changing and if you are not a person that can embrace this, Boeing is not for you.
Good Place To Work
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2017
I would love to transfer within the company if I could, but the type of work I am doing at my site (OKC) doesn't excite me a whole lot and the pay isn't the greatest. I feel like this site has limited career growth potential and as a young engineer, I do not want to be held back in any regard.
It was fun and I learned a great deal. I miss it!
Aircraft Assembly (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2017
I enjoy working on aircraft and learning how they are put together. I had a voice in how we made the aircraft. I really loved installing the wire for the 787 forward pilot's console. The benefits were great!
Pros
A lot of free lunch parties and events for the employees and their families
Cons
The only disadvantage was the 38 mile drive to and from the plant.
Needs Improvement
Business Operations Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 6, 2017
Needs improvement for employee retention and EQUAL advancement opportunities. The changes that are being made are not sufficient to address underlying issues
Treat every employee as valued, contract or otherwise
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 6, 2017
Boeing is a premier company with unlimited resources. They take good care of their employees. A typical day was to set a goal and work until it was attained. The management is so far removed you seldom see them. They let front line managers work. The culture it is challenging and fun, with friendly competition between teams, Where a union is present, the pace is much slower. The hardest part of the job is line movements when stations are behind, leading to bottle necks. The most enjoyable part of the job is working outside union areas and kicking tail on goals, trying to beat yesterday every day
Pros
Treat every person as valued
Cons
Layoff potential
Boeing, the zombie/ cubical culture
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2017
Boeing was an interesting job... for awhile, but the work never changed and neither did the pay or opportunity to move up within the company, so I moved out.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
decent place
Assembler B (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2017
Long hours for mediocre pay. Pay scale is not accurate for job performance. I have had 18 managers in 4 years. Never get the proper team or tools to actually succeed,
Pros
freedom
Cons
management
High stress environment with a slow culture to change
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 5, 2017
If you're an engineer Boeing is a great place to work. Other skills are not very highly regarded and are not compensated as well. The company is going through changes right now to make themselves more adaptable to change but culture change is slow resulting in high turnover and low moral in most functions.
Pros
Retirement package
Cons
Inconsistent management, ability to adapt to cultural changes, bonus structure
Great Company Culture
Senior Network Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 4, 2017
There's a reason why Boeing is leading the Dow. It's a great company with a great company culture. They make innovative products and very good benefits.
Typical large company work environment
Sr. Systems Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 4, 2017
National team work is more collaborative than most jobs at Boeing, though the bureaucratic nonsense is still present. The managers are great guys, though they do not have enough time to guide and mentor employees as much as they should (may be different in other parts of Boeing - it is a massive company)
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Had to start over again on PTO, bureacracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2