Boeing

Boeing Employer Reviews

Productive, challenging and fun work place.
Expeditor/Material Handler (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 10, 2014
As an Expeditor with the Boeing Company I worked in a fast pace challenging roll. Project plans deadlines and a strong customer focus a must. Boeing awarded me the opportunity to blossom in this environment by supporting me with any training and skills needed to be successful in this position. A very fun and rewarding job.
Statement of Work changing
Systems Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Renton, WAJuly 9, 2014
Statement of Work moving out of area but the employees are not being offered a move.
Management Doesn't Walk the Talk
Facilities Analyst, Site Services (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: "good old boy" management.
* "It's not what you know, it's who you know".
* Hidden agendas.
* Age discrimination
* Management won't accept constructive input. "Their Plan" is followed without criticism, or you will face retaliation.
* Performance reviews lack objectivity (favorites flourish)
* Constant chaos, nonsensical change and frequent 1st line mgmt changes.
* Managers don't – more... know the skill sets and abilities of most of their people (but do have favorites)
* Managers lack knowledge of important information (downside to logic that you don't have to know specifics about what you manage)
* Employee surveys are a joke. The facade that issues are addressed is laughable
* Skills Team and employee ranking lacks objectivity. Members of the Skills Team (in reality) do not objectively represent the entire team that they are ranking. If anyone points this out, the are kicked off the team. – less
Mechanical & Structual Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benfits
Cons: nothing really
amazing place to work, management is lay back and let you do your work.
Coworkers are cool and outgoing...
the most enjoyable part of my job is designing new parts
Shakey situation, no job security, no opportunity for advancement
Desktop Installer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck for as long as management seems fit to allow you to keep your job.
Cons: zero job security no matter how effective, and productive an employee you are.
Extremely poor senior Management, always in survival mode, no forward thinking, and very clannish (Most senior managers are leftovers from the Rockwell era).They constantly preach the Boeing standards for values, but often bend the rules as it suits them. Lots of Nepotism, and advancement based on it. It is a local company with a national, and global – more... appearance only. The facility is run by those who have personal interests In keeping there jobs and the jobs of friends and family, not on hard work or merit by individuals. – less
Designing Helicopters
Lead R&M Analyst/Cost Account Manager (Current Employee), Ridley Park, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: smart and dedicated people who do what it takes for success
Cons: feels like we work 7 days a week with virtual capability, long days
This is the best job in the world. I work with a team of project managers, with design and test engineers working together to build and certify newly built military helicopters or modifications to existing models. To do this, we claim that the aircraft is safe to fly and reliable and maintainable. These claims are underpinned by supporting arguments – more... (e.g., the aircraft can be maintained with existing hand tools and maintenance skill sets) and evidence (a limited maintainability demonstration that employs the procedures and tools) followed by a demonstration report that documents the objectives, findings and recommendations. This document is then made part of an iterative Reliability and Maintainability Case Report that is part of the certification record of the aircraft.

In addition, I estimate and plan the budgets and schedules to perform the analyses, create the artifacts and monitor the progress and report the status to the Program Management. I have learned how to work with the design team to ensure that attributes and characteristics that enhance reliability and ease of maintenance are embodied in the product. I have learned effective time management skills and how to multi-task. Management rewards initiative and commitment to achieving team goals – less
Definitely the place to get plenty of hours, but not the place for a mother and wife with a young family.
Systems Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great pay!
Cons: too many hours and time spent away from home and family!
Much work with many hours...overall enjoy my job for the time being, but this is not the place I plan to remain.
productive
Wiring Technician/Final Assembly Engineer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: great facility
Cons: working outside in the heat
my day at work is very productive and challenging.
your always challenged to produce the best product possible
Good place to mentor my knowledge of FAR, CAS, and related topics
Subcontracts / Contract Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work on new conceptual technology with engineers and suppliers.
Cons: the "new business" is not as robust in the defense services sector.
The day at Boeing Defense Systems is comprised of a status I have developed to inform other related functions of pertinent data. This data varies by day. I participate in review of procedure and policy review for the Supplier Management organization and review peer documentation for accuracy and adequacy. This allows me to mentor along the way and how – more... to best deal with supporting the different personalities in my organization.

The most difficult part of my current position is balancing rationale for policy and procedure already in place when logic dictates it does not have to be as difficult, by law or regulation. It poses a review of the method of why/who put those in place.

I truly enjoy my position working on the more difficult Teaming Agreements, Strategic Agreements and non-traditional procurement actions such as 845 / OTA Agreements, Terms and Conditions and Price negotiations. These are higher complexity and more challenging opportunities for me. – less
Great Company with Great benifits
A&P (Current Employee), VICJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good medical benifits and pension
outstanding company, day to day is never routine. Constantly learning more and more everyday about the aviation industry.
Productive, fast pace, family orientated atmosphere
Office Admin (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
Fast pace job that required lots of scheduling and closing of travel arrangements for department. Updating and tracking employees training and other daily Admin responsibilities.
Challenging and Fun
Integrated Support Program Manager (Current Employee), Ridley Park PaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: slow to move up
High Technology
Great Products
Great Mission
Smart Workforce
Diversity
very busy
Advanced Composite Repair and Rework (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2014
great place to work and make good money with great benefits.
Definitely putting family life on the side to advance at this company.
Boring...
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 30, 2014
Boring work, way to much management. Decent pay and benefits though.
students research project
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: friendly enviorement, good place to establish career
Cons: as a research students we did not have any benifits
This position was a short term opportunity for the students to show promote their skills and utilize this unique opportunity to set in the real industrial world.
Structural Analysis Engineer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2014
Amazing benefits
Opportunity to grow
Always learning new things
Good advancement opportunities
Aircraft Structures Mechanic and Team Leader (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 27, 2014
Good coworkers, opportunity for advance, tuition assistance
Diligent workplace with fast and slow periods of work.
Research Tech IV, S4 (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2014
Review work done the day before to line up work for the rest of the day. Work diligently under a Lead engineer and with other student engineers to create drawings and models as needed by different customers.
cyclical business
Manager - Supply Chain/Logistics Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJune 25, 2014
Pros: mobility and opportunity
Cons: large company can be slow to change and react.
This is a great company, however opportunities may come and go as the economy and pentegon undergo changes.

A great place to learn Aerospace/Defense. This is a giant of opportunity and has plenty of diversity.

The company can be "to big" at times for new people who are still learning the culture.

My favorite part of the job is the people, at Boeing – more... you work with the best and the brightest in most cases. – less
A great job, but a temporary one
Staff Analyst (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 24, 2014
Pros: great people - smart people (i love being surrounded by brillance)
Cons: a temp job -- no guranteed future for me.
The best people ever to work for, or with. However, it was clearly a temporary position, and I am looking for a 10-year position where I can offer my 20+ years of experience, and wish to work for a company who will hire me as an employee.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more