Boeing

1.6K reviews

Boeing Employee Reviews

Had a great internship experience
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INTERN (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 28, 2015
Boeing goes out of their way to create an amazing experience for its interns. I had a great internship experiences while I was there.
Excellent Company to work for - The Boeing Co.
Versatile Technologist (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for, very diverse
Cons: Macon Site is closing - lay off's
The Boeing Company is a very diverse company, employee can move up or transfer to different careers within the organization. Boeing encourages education, leadership, mentoring programs, and ability for employees to move up within the management organization. I truly enjoyed my 18 1/2 years working for such an organization. I would work for them again in the near future.
Fun with a feeling of accomplishment
Senior Space Craft Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, AL and Kennedy Space CenterAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Making history
We built the International Space Station, installed flight elements on the Space Shuttle, and trained the astronauts how to accomplish their tasks in space. All I can say is : "WOW! What an awesome job!" I miss greatly being a part of history!
A very conservative company
Lead Data Analyst (Current Employee), Seal Beach, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits (Healthcare, 401K)
Cons: Demanding business environment, too traditional
I work in a newly formed data science/analytics team to analyze aircraft data and provide recommendations to avoid aircraft delays using predictive modeling and statistical methodology. I usually use a lot of R and SQL.

Boeing is great in that it has a lot of good benefits and some decent freedom if you know what you are doing. I've learned a lot about the political issues that surround a large company. However, Boeing is very traditional and conservative and most of the management is very lackluster. It has been able to succeed mostly because of the monopoly that exists in commercial aircraft development.

The most difficult part of the job is having to explain statistical methods to those with no background of data/math. The most enjoyable part is working with engineers that buy-in to statistics and data science.
Educational and honed skills using my craftsmanship
Automated Floor Grids Heavy Structures Mechanic (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 25, 2015
Drill and fill close tolerance holes, reading blueprints, how to prioritize job duties. worked with professional coworkers. Helped on the company moral council to come up with ideas to make a better work environment for the crew. I learned various skills with customized hand tools to complete my job tasks.
A great place to work. I would love to retire from Boeing.
Lead Tank and Repair Mechanic (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: work hours, healthcare, and pay
Cons: No Cons, I understand people, I live and let Live
Boeing is a great place to work, You get to meet all types of people, an turn, allow you to be a well rounded person. Work was physical, mental and enjoyable. I grew up with this company, i became a man, husband and father. Management, co-workers, is people, you get the good with the bad, The hard part of the job is was both physical and mental. The enjoyable part, I know my job, that makes it easy, and I love people.
great company with opportunities to meet challenges head on
Program Lead for Future Combat Systems (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissouriAugust 25, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, comparable salary, education benefits
Cons: hard for advancement
The Boeing Company was a great place to work for with all the benefits an individual would want. With changes in my lifestyle, I had to retire early because of an unforeseen situation. The situation was raising an infant since birth because of the unexpected death of his mother. Since he is 5 years old, i'm ready to enter the workforce once again. The company could not give me the flexibility to work part-time at that particular time in order to raise my child.
Productive and Great Company
Electrical Technician II (Current Employee), mesa azAugust 25, 2015
Very good company with great benefits and good people to work around. I am looking to continue my skills and knowledge and advance my self in the world.
Great Work Environment
Team Lead (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Lenient point system
Cons: Time Off requirements
Great work place. Management was really there to help you succeed and all other employees were up beat and positive for the most part. Met a lot of great people and gained an experience I wont soon forget. The best part about the job was working along side new employees and training them.
Leadership
Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2015
First job out of the military, very difficult transition at first, learned a lot. Very technical, lots of hours and OT, hot climate.
Inside scoop for Boeing
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Boeing, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
With regards to big business, this is as good as it gets. The working environment, culture, and employees are great. Most of the people have a military background. Everyone is very focused on getting their work done on time. They are old-school, so some of their software tools are antiquated or non-existent, but they are getting better. Instead of using Team Foundation Server (TFS), for example, you just have to do it all manually. But it's all good. I hear TFS is being considered. In any case, if I could choose one company to work at for the rest of my life, Boeing would be it.
Boeing is a high tech company on the cutting edge in many areas
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Many educational oppertunities on the job and in schools.
Cons: Working for Boeing is working for the man, but it is the best company out there!
From what I hear about other companies Boeing is a typical large corporation that has great areas to work in to areas that are not so great. In my career I met many people and learned many amazing things. I have also met those who could not stand the slow pace of change. The benefits and pay are considerably better than outside of Boeing by what I hear from the new employees.
Basically Boeing is what you make of it, for me it was great!
Worked in a Design Enginineering group that was a pleasant environment with Engineering friends
Technical Designer (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunches with cafeteria located in the Engineering building, Attended lots of training classes
Cons: needed higher pay rate to live in Washington State near Seattle
A normal day started with breakfast in the downstairs cafeteria. Usually would go to some kind of training every couple of weeks and apply what I had learned to my Technical Designer jobs. I got along well with the Engineers in the group and was treated well by Management. I learned about Designing Installations that would qualify for all the FAA requirements.
so many people from around the world work here
Tank test and repair Mechanic J8S (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch some times they hand out at a boy lunch tickets, helping out others and learning more .
Cons: no AC in the hanger only heating
everyone get a job package.
I learned fuel systems and cabin pressure testing along with some electrical and electronics.
I've had some of the best management and some not so good mostly great.
A great diversity of people and nationalities I like working with all made great friendships.
the hardest part of the job well when things go wrong it delays you a bit.
the most enjoyable part is finishing ahead of schedule all by my self
Great Benefits and Pay
CNC machinist (Current Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 19, 2015
I love working for Boeing. Organized, well paid, great benefits, and oppurtunities to advance. I'm always looking for new things to learn and grow and Boeing definately offers that.
Boeing has provided an excellent living for me & my family
Integration Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 18, 2015
I was given the opportunity and have successfully accomplished many challenges that were placed in front of me for this company. It is a large corporation that offers many products across the globe for both commercial and military needs. This is an awesome place to work for.
Boeing IT department very unprofessional with no enforcement of the company’s Code of Conduct Policy.
Level 2 contracted LAN/WAN Network Technician (Former Employee), Ridley Park, PAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: It was a positive experience to work with customers in other departments and locations.
Cons: Inappropriate behavior and conduct of IT Department co-workers.
The daily work was gratifying and rewarding. However, there was no on-site management to monitor worker’s daily conduct and behavior. Co-Worker’s therefore created their own sub-culture of inappropriate behavior and conduct.
Very interested company to work for
Drivematic Operator (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Advancement and awards
Cons: layoffs
I enjoyed working for Boeing where I learned to work on different parts of the C-17 aircraft carrier, the company believed in awarding the people for their great work, you can also win trips to California and visit other facilities within the company. I worked with some good people at Boeing who I will never forget. I also learn how to work with many different tools I never imagine would ever use and operated different machine like the drive-matic machine which I really enjoyed working on.
Warehouse Lead - Non- Union
End User Support Specialist/Call Center (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Pay and Benifits
Cons: No job security at all
Warehouse Lead

Network warehouse and all warehousing functions and crews

The job running the network Warehouse was great the job security is awful.
A good learning experience
Electro Physics Engineer (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with Boeing internal customers and external suppliers. The benefits are excellent. My senior coworkers were always helpful and willing to train.
Headquarters