Boeing

1.6K reviews

Boeing Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 2, 2015
At work, I learn how to build air crafts and many other vehicles. My co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job was building air crafts. The most enjoyable part of the job was joining together.
Great organization
Production Engineering Manager (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2015
Amazng orgnization, with amazing resources and technology. Employee develoment systems are structed well, and the environment is very proactive and positive. I acquired a green belt in lean plus. The most interesting part of working at Boeing is range of technology that an employee can interact with.
A Great Place To Work
Production Team Leader / Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Everybody is like family
Cons: N/A
Having morning meetings about the task for that day and making it happen.

I learn that everybody opinions matters when trying to get a job done

Management is away we find out what job is priority for that day with daily meetings and communication.

My co workers were great because we keep each other laughing and SAFE through out the day.

The hardest part of the job is when parts are missing and you can't complete that job for that day.

Sitting down at lunch with your co workers and friends.
Lucky are the one still there
Electrical Mechanic C-17 NOSE Assembly (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Satifaction with meeting goals and being part of a system that create great products.
Cons: Sometimes items that can be done in house get vendored out.
A place where you have responsibilities and take ownership of your work, where no 2 days are the same. Just about every tool needed at work and away is available keeping workers happy. Management and teammates work together toward the same goal. Boeing is like a giant machine and seeing how it all works together can be a little bewildering yet it works pretty smoothly. Probably the most enjoyable part of the day world be how nobody has a negative attitude about the job, skills needed to accomplish tasks and how we all found our contributions rewarding.
Great opportunity
Wire Install Contractor (Former Employee), Charleston SCJuly 29, 2015
Great opportunity/friendly personnel/ the pay as a contractor was desirable starting out. I would love the opportunity to work in a management position at the company
Great place to work, good people and products
Group Lead - Senior Procurement Agent (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, People and Salary
Cons: Worked alot of OT, but did not mind.
Worked in a team based environment with limited supervision, management was fair and we valued diversity. Trust and respect was a requirement for each employee. This was needed to achieve our goals and business objectives. We all were leaders, regardless whether or not you were a manager or an buyer. I valued my time with Boeing and wanted to finish my career with Boeing, but due to business decisions the facility was down-sized.
Nice shipping department guys
Traffic Management Specialist/ Production Coor. (Former Employee), Heath, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: They all seem to be very good friends.
Cons: There was one person who ruined it for everybody.
I would have enjoyed working at Boeing a lot more if I wouldn't have had to battle for respect and fairness. Unfortunately, one of the employees in the shipping department was not so kind and would throw his weight around quite often. The majority of the people that worked there were very nice.
most enjoyable part of the job
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Sometimes free lunches, great hours, incredible benefits package
Cons: VERY slow advancement, pay is not competitive
hours are extremely flexible and your level of enjoyment of the job highly depends on how persistent you are in pursuit of what you want.

benefits are amazing, bar none. Salary is NOT competitive from my experience.
Great Scheduel / Decent Work
C-17 Environmental Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Interesting work
Cons: repatative work
40-45 hours/wk + Interesting work. The work tended to be repetitive. Co-workers were excellent and professional. Facilities are modern and office environment was typical to any large company.
Exciting and full of opportunity.
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Challenges.
Cons: Distractions - often political.
Boeing was an exciting company to work for. It has a deep and extensive tradition in commercial and military aviation. The operations were very impressive - factory and flight line. I felt as strong about the company when I retired as I did when I first hired-in more than 3 decades before.

I learned to take-on challenges, making the occasional dry spell the real challenge. At times, things got quiet, so I had to make sure I has back burner items to work.

The management has been good over the years, if only by necessity, although my last four programs delivered late for reasons of bad program decision making at the top. But, given recent events, I feel the lessons were (re)learned.
great benefits clean work enviroment
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), ridley park, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay with great coworkers and conditions
Cons: management was disorganized without recognition
while management is sadly chosen and only cared about how they looked with numbers without recognition to us for making numbers and dis-organized the work place was great and clean. all up to date tools. our manager did not respect us but my coworkers where top of the line and made it easy to work with due to experience and respectfulness. the hardest part was having to do our mangers job for him due to incompetence the most enjoyable part was traveling for repairs and our second level management was very respectful and always recognized us for our hard work plus the benefits and pay made it enjoyable to a point. shift difference was very easy to work with.
good place to work with good healthcare benefit
Software Engineer I (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good healthcare benefit
Cons: Too much favoritism and no room to growth, bad managements
Boeing mesa was a good place to work with good benefits. however, much to my surprised, the new management team had turn this place upside down. New policies are in place to replace 90% of well-trained staff members into outsource, contracted work without providing benefits. This was not the place it was 23 years ago when I first started working there.

I can’t think of the pros in working here in the past two years. Very happy to have resigned from Boeing. Most companies often take pride in educating employees, and cultivating a positive environment for employees while building positivity. To promote productivity and team building, instead Boeing in Mesa had cultivate negativity and even hatred amongst employees. I feel that Boeing is on the path of disrespect, having disgruntled employees makes future operations much harder. Other words, it is their bad relationship with employees that caused some of their problems in the first place.
productive, wouldnt recommend if not interested in food and bev
Cook (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2015
overall great place manager isn't management material, really lax.. hates to give a day off to anyone that ask.. coworkers are fun and outgoing.
PREVIOUSLY REVIEWED
Lead level 3 (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2015
NO COMMENT ON THE EMPLOYER OF BOEING COMMERCIAL AIRLINES. THIS COMPANY IS VERY STRICT ON CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. BUT A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR OVER ALL
Excellent Benefits
Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare
Cons: Job insecurity, jobs moving to undesirable locations
The healthcare benefits are excellent. The company has a generous retirement-matching plan, also.

Boeing offers flexible schedules.

The hardest part of the job is the red tape involved with seeking approval for new content. Changes typically need to be planned months in advance and it's difficult to respond quickly to change requests.

The best part of the job is the people. Everyone at Boeing is proud of the products we create, and it shows in the pride they take in their work.
fast paste
Phantom Works- Procurement Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2015
Great company to work for, learning allot as a new employee fresh out of college, I am still looking for out there in the world for more experience.
High tech, high pay, high stress at times
Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Big company, lots of diversity, interesting work
Cons: Heavy workload
Worked for Boeing over 20 years, always interesting work, decent office spaces and facilities. Heavy use of computer skille and knowledge an absolute must. Company culture is honest, but very lean and hard working. Did the job myself that would be 5 people other places. Nice is you can handle busy and fast-paced environment.
Top Company to work for
Aircraft Sheet Metal Assembler & Riveter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2015
Great place to work.Plenty of overtime.Good medical benefits.Air condition in most of the plant and very good parking.
I love the real politeness of my team mates, and being genuine.
MT (Current Employee), Boeing SCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: I totally enjoy the team atmospher.
Cons: I can not be on the same shift as my wife.
A day at Boeing SC, can be very exciting, and demanding.
Management has the goals and drive to make this work and help the team succeed.
My coworkers are experienced in making things work to accomplish the mission of building the 787.
The hardest part of the job is learning from mistake of yourself and others.
The best part of my job is looking at what I helped build and see it taxi down the runway, for take off.
Productive and exciting.
Product Acceptance Specialist (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: None
A great place to work. The Boeing company allows you to use your skills to the best of your abilities.The benefits are great. The culture is a family atmosphere.
Headquarters