Boeing
1,015 reviews

Boeing Employer Reviews

Supportive environment for those with degrees
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: tiny cubicles
Was able to telecommute some of the week. Pay and health care coverage is great. Morale is poor because of so many large layoffs.
Great company to work for
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AzJuly 24, 2014
I want to continue my career in the aerospace industry. The conditions at Boeing were great, I just got caught in the downsize.
Great company to work for, excellent benefits.
Electrical Flight control panel manufacturer (Former Employee), Mesa ArizonaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits.
I really enjoyed working for The Boeing Company. It is a great company with great people!
The company as a whole is good to work for
Engr. Product Lifecycle Mgmt (Current Employee), Layton, UTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: a 4/80 work week, 3 weeks vacation
Cons: limited ability to advance
During my time here I worked on many different programs which gave me a large amount of cross training and a chance to expand my skills
Good company depending on where you are
Airplane Assembler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, vacation
Cons: long work hours, very little family time or time off
Great career to work. Aviation is a good field of work. Co-workers are ok and some didnt really like. But overall not to bad a people to work with
Productive and fun place workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 21, 2014
- Co-workers always available for help
- Flexible schedule
Quality place overall.
Production Engineer Level 2/3 (Current Employee), Berkeley, MOJuly 21, 2014
Great benefits and challenging tasks help employees grow.
executive management problems
System Design & Integration Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2014
Executive management is driving the company into the ground it used to be a family based company and now it is a dollar company that does not care about quality, employees or Loyalty.
Everyday is something new
Aircraft Functional Test Technician A, 777 (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: smart, fun people, every day something different.
Cons: bad parking, missing breaks to fit schedule
Management needs to work more closely to mechanics to make sure the mechanic has everything he needs to do his job, instead of the mechanic running all around finding what he needs. Final assembly and functional test should be that, NOT FINAL RE-ASSEMBLY. It's also a very dangerous place to work.
fun place to work at with nice cafeteria.
Aircraft srtucture mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: poor management
Productive, educational and challenging place to work at. working with different aircrafts.
Exceptionally knowledgable workforce.
Static Loads Engineer (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: 2 week paid vacation at christmas.
Cons: very large company.
Working for Boeing was a great experience.

Management was easy to get along with and focused on employee development.
Video Conferenceing operator (Former Employee), Corporate Board Room at Plant 2July 16, 2014
I worked for Boeing...many years in many different position...made many friends and enjoyed my years there.
I am still very able and ready to work and could ONLY work for The Boeing Company.
Productive and fun workplace
Interior Mechanic/Wire Bundle Installation (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ot pay, sickleave, vacation, good benefits, tuition assistance
Cons: strikes and layoffs
I went to work for Boeing in 1996 ,and work for them until January of 2013. This has been the best career , Boeing I must say has taken great care of my family and I. You will not find a better job in Washington sate in my opinion, With the great pay and benefits. And the number of opportunities you have at Boeing, you can do what ever you want there. – more... It's all up to you!!! They give you 2500,00 per year towards collage classes that help you in your career at Boeing. – less
My time at Boeing
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: given leniency for lunch periods, as long as work was completed.
Cons: micromanaged to make sure work was completed.
Typical day:
I would usually have a meeting in the morning, then work through my statement of work, identifying needs and prioritizing the statement of work required.
What I learned:
Customer Support Rep
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Mashpee, MAJuly 16, 2014
Took phone orders from retail customers and dealers
Assisted customers with technical issues on products that the company sold.
Shipping and receiving of products
Programming cartography
Productive and structured work envirement with recognition of jobs well done.
Materials Management Analyst (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2014
Pros: health care
Daily reviewed the health of the department using excell files and a physical walk-thru of area supported. Closed completed orders to appropriate sales orders and packaged for delivery. Worked directly with procurement and sometimes suppliers to enable on time deliveries to our customers. Coordinated deliveries with our internal and external customers. – more... Management was trusting in my abilities and allowed me to work independently. I learned that we all can work together for the same purpose and strive for the same results as a team no matter what our background may be.
The hardest part of my job was deffinately when Boeing had to lay me off. The most enjoyable part of my job was setting up the recognition lunches for co-workers and seeing their gratitude. – less
Good company. Need to keep track of the affiliated companies that are a part of their organization.
Hydraulic System Specialist (Former Employee), Tabuk, Saudi ArabiaJuly 15, 2014
My first overseas contract job. Can't compare it to anything else. I walked away with more experience in patience and determination in what I do.
Good company to work for and decent salary
Technical Advisor (TA)/OPS Lead (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 15, 2014
Pros: they have vacation and sick leave in separate buckets, nice! good health care and a good mail order pharmacy.
Cons: you get hired for one job only. once the job is up you are laid off, no moving you internally to another position.
Boeing is a good company to work for, decent salary and a good balance of time off. Not much chance of advancement. Boeing doesn’t have a tendency to hire from within. The only method of advancing is to apply with your resume and get in line with all other applicants. From my point of view it is fair. But it doesn’t garner any sense of loyalty from – more... the company. I guess this is the future of disposable employees.
Some company’s other than Boeing will try to first keep their employee and move them to another position. Just to show a comparison of what I’m talking about.
There are no guarantees in life, but working for a company after a number of years you kind of get to know it as your company; where you have friends and even family. Ah, the harsher realities of life. – less
Great place to work; job work/life balance tough to maintain
Materials (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short lunches
Learned a lot about LEAN and waste reduction
Great training programs
Boeing has been a fun place to work
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: work long hours
it great I have learned a lot about Diverse personnel. technical expertise numerous job experiences.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more