Boeing Employee Reviews

Found 3,938 reviews matching the search
Great mission but stale culture hindered by process
Systems Lab Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
Much to improve, but progress is slow. Competitive benefits package. The hardest thing is driving expectations and keeping young talent when CBA rules retain less valuable talent.
Great Product, Antiquated Culture
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 3, 2017
Boeing is a cornerstone of American industry. It builds some of the most recognizable commercial products in the world. Working with and around these amazing flying machines is inspiring. Boeing's culture is outdated and antiquated. The Management philosophy discourages innovation, and is often lacking in skill compared to similar management structures in more modern companies. You will not find modern cultural elements like flex time. Pay is by the hour, plain and simple ...
Challenging and fulfilling projects
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 2, 2017
Working in a large scale aerospace project is challenging but fulfilling. There are many experienced engineers to learn from so the people are what makes this company great.
Pros
Great workplace to begin your career
Cons
Efficiency is hindered by procedures and processes
Very Good Company
Manufacturing Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CASeptember 2, 2017
High Tech Products! Manufacturing of Solar Cells for Commercial and Military Satellite. Worked on product that help change the world of communications.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 2, 2017
Great pay: great benefits; vacation, sick leave, paid time off etc, great place to work and good retirement benefits: would recommend to anyone wanting to experience a job that has great benefits, great pay and great working conditions
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Stressing
Incompetent management
Engineering Technical Support Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2017
Management is incompetent and not sure that they are heading in the right direction for success. Company continues to hire massive amount of people, promoting lots of people to management, who build their own kingdoms and then laying off massive people.

Lots of bullying and clichés and underhanded tactics.

Glad I am out of there after 23 years of dedicated service.
Pros
great benefits for now.
Cons
Incompetent managment and no job security.
na
Material Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 1, 2017
Excellent company to work for.
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2017
As a Manufacturing Engineering Planner I was responsible for the 777 prototype engine Strut build program for the GE and Pratt Whitney test bed. After completion of this program I went on to the maintenance Engineering group “AMRE” and began writing maintenance procedures to be used by Boeing customers for their pay-load systems installation and periodic maintenance programs. I worked directly with Airline customers assisting them in with maintenance issues related to their payloads requirements. I wrote maintenance manual work procedures and traveled on sight to instruct maintenance processes. eventually returning to production planning. As a Manufacturing Engineering Planner I Developed, implemented and maintained various manufacturing plans, bill of materials, work instructions to define and document as-built configuration. I Developed and integrated suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements. I Reviewed and Developed tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements. I Investigated and resolved manufacturing related issues as well as Performing production assessments for part and product designs. I also Provided production input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules. I Developed integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments. Drafted, updates and reviewed processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements. I Worked with various vendors and process providers for the completion  more... of projects under my control.  less
Pros
Interesting assignments
Cons
Extensive International travel requirements.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
The hardest part about this job is the workload. it is over the amount of work that humans are capability of doing. I really would appreciate it if this wasn't a part of my job searching.
Human Resources
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2017
I work Human Resources and Project Management items. The workplace culture is in flux. Right now, it seems like no one knows where that will lead to. It is a hard environment to work in when you don't know who will have a job from one day to another.
laid off
Finance Team Lead - Office of Internal Governance (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 31, 2017
i got laid off. boeing invested in me for 14 years. I have nothing bad to say about this company. strategy changes, and locations and functions change. this has been a great company to work for and has set me up for success in my next job
Great company for older people
Business Operations Quality Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 31, 2017
Boeing offers great benefits and work life balance. However, there are not a lot of younger people and therefore things can get somewhat boring. Many employees are used to the same way of doing things for decades, and are not challenged to change.
Boeing Commercial is a good company but Boeing IRC is lacking in Worklife/Balance for contractors
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 30, 2017
As a contractor there are no benefits offered through the company as to be expected. However, Boeing Commercial offers a great benefits package for employees. Work/life balance is lacking overall.

Contractors are required to do overtime and very often weekends. There is no guaranteed conversion to full-time status from a contractor status. Therefore, even if an employee works overtime and with great reviews, there is no guarantee of conversion.

Work load is tolerable however, the mandatory overtime for contractors may be overwhelming for some.

Moving from a fabrication position in an upwardly mobile manner is also very challenging.

Overall package for full-time Boeing employees is great. A lot of benefits.
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 29, 2017
They are too much about numbers and rushing into things before actually figuring it out. Everything in the company is a numbers game. Don't make enough money to live comfortably until after 6 years.
Not a bad place to work
Assembler C / production coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work for a single person that doesn't mind relocating and dealing with layoffs and chasing a job. I would probably still work there if I had not been laid off due to plant closure.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management
Student intern
Research Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 29, 2017
Enjoyed working here as an intern, but wasn't happy with the type of work I got. It was boring and repetitive and I wanted more out of the job. Other than that people were great.
Fun but demanding at the same time
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 29, 2017
Salaried employees work long hours. A lot of lazy people that managers overlook which puts stress and pressure on those that are hard workers. Hard dealing with union represented employees. Have to be careful. All and all, I enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Cons
Too many people. Top heavy
Fast paced work enviroment
Prodution Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for Boeing because it was a very diverse work environment. It was a very fast paced job that taught me a lot about aviation maintenance. I enjoyed working with fellow employees and customers. Management was very down to earth and worked very well with the lower employees. I think the hardest part of the job was rushing our work to meet unrealistic goals of production.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion and perks of discounts for multiple places
Cons
Unrealistic production goals
Great Experience
Line Operations Manager on the KC-46 (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2017
Great job, great benefits, great vacation plan, medial and dental is great. I work in flight test and would not want to work anywhere else. If I new I could stay where is am at my entire career--I would definitely stay.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 28, 2017
Compensation and benefits were better than any other employer I have worked for. The company has a significant amount of resources and emphasizes professional development. It is a great place to be surrounded by intelligent people and learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2