Boeing Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,719 reviews matching the search
Great place to build a career
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2016
friendly work environment
family friendly
fair hours
awesome leadership
overall great place to work
not so good for contractors
hard to achieve full-time position
Lot of opportunity to grow
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 8, 2016
Hughes Aircraft was a great place to work, had many promotions throughout the years, budgets of course were not the same back then and growth and promotion were a lot easier to come by.
Pros
lots of room for promotion
Cons
unstable industry
Management - Infinity; Worker - 2
Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 8, 2016
I'm salaried, work in an office.
I don't want to come in to work. I've been here for 10 years and I think I get treated worse every year. The managers are more interested in doing what their boss tells them then growing their people.
If you suck up and find the right "mentor" (read executive cheerleader) you'll do great. If you have opinions and share them (I've seen people share them well and people share them poorly; all with the same results) then you are labeled a troublemaker.
After 4 years in a role, I went from the minimum pay at 0.75 of market reference to 0.80 of market reference. My job duties are insulting. There are no growth opportunities to speak of.
Just nod your head and back away slowly
Pros
Great healthcare and dental; I work my 40 and that's it
Cons
Work is not level loaded, management consistently worse every year, no job growth opportunities; raises of about 1.5% per year
Great benefits
Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 7, 2016
I think uncertainty and a transitioning workforce will do Boeing good. The benefits are great but work life balance and job culture are at extremes (either too lazy, or workaholics).
Management is TOXIC
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2016
I am a young, intelligent, hard-working communication professional. I was at Boeing for almost a year, and I have been thoroughly traumatized by my experience. There are many, many corrupt, unethical, incompetent first-level managers it's astonishing. I was bullied by management and unfairly treated. I developed extreme anxiety and depression as a result. I did not feel safe at Boeing.

The company is disgustingly regressive and bureaucratic. It's policies and practices are very outdated and make no sense. Boeing is not evolving. They will not last at this rate.

What I have outlined is just the tip of the iceberg as I am not willing to spend any more time, thought or energy into The Boeing Company, other than the all of 5 minutes I spent crafting this review.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetent management, corrupt management, beureaucratic, regressive, unnecessary policies and procedures, lack of job security, unethical
Supply Chain
Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 6, 2016
Too many terrible things to list, just awful. Sad because the product is amazing. I've wanted to work at Boeing forever, can't believe this is what it is.
Cons
Very low pay compared to other corporations, no advancement, no opportunities, promotions are non-existent, culture of beatings will continue, incompetent management, the list goes on....
They do not protect womans rights.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed being productive each and every day, I was able to be in a position that allowed me to be able to change up my days. Also enjoyed having the ability to temp up off and on for the experience.
Boring work, But good place to be
Liaison Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 6, 2016
The work is fun at times. But most days are pretty dull.
The people i work with are good people.
Learn many things, and use to be ample opportunity for improvement.
But have hit a road block in advancement due to lay offs and head cuts. Now just happy to keep the job doing same thing day after day.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
No more room for advancement
Transportation Analyst
Transportation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2016
Everyday was challenging and exciting something new each day. Constantly challenged by management to reach potential, enjoyed the people and was respected for work performed by my peers and management.
Pros
Lots of resources, somthing new each day.
Cons
My organization was a little slow on the pay scale increases.
the great Boeing, no more!!
Structural Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 5, 2016
Culture has changed a lot. It used to be a company with high standards, high engineering understanding. Now, the standards and the priorities are based on sales and it is a company focusing in "cookie cutters". Managers are trying to drive the design and the production while the engineers are blindly following these orders. The morale is defeated and the engineering quality is poor and comparable to Ikea assembly kits with the same bad instructions.

Too much politics going into each program and with each decision management does, they lose the knowledge they still have and there is no much of the real knowledge still around. This is one of the biggest issues. There is the "ILUSION of Knowledge" but only few real sources of it and management only care for the instant gratification of current sales instead of looking at what is going to happen in few years when there is no one to make the next airplane.

This company is highly hierarchical and the egos are not allowing focus on the real priorities to be properly discussed.

30 years ago this was a great place to work, now this is just a paycheck.
Pros
Great benefit packages and good pay in comparison, but this will go away soon.
Cons
environment is not good, company doesnt like woman nor foreign people in power, managers dictates engineering decisions, too much politics, lack of real knowledge, most of the knowledge is leaving the company.
Very diverse and pleasant working environment
Patent Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
I have made my job the perfect kind of niche for myself. I carry a heavy workload and have much contact with inventors and outside counsel. All of which I enjoy very much.
Benefits
Cons
The review process leaves alot to be desired
Over all, a good place to work, Boeing has a great culture, but the corporate management team is out of touch with reality.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2016
Boeing commercial airlines is in a all out fight with Airbus and other competitors entering the market. I am not confidant that Boeing corporate is in touch with their labor force and knows how to inspire the employees to help the company compete more competitive. Saying that, I am confidant Boeing will be around for a long time but like most large corporations they have gone from being a great company to work for, to a company that is struggling to figure out who they are, and how they can stay on top.
In the last few years the pressure is high and management from corporate on down to first lines have become bullies, pushing their weight around, not knowing how to lead and inspire their teams to achieve greatness. They all (management) are attempting to accomplish something (cost savings) hoping to stay off the bottom of the totem pole.
Pros
Great people to work around, Safety, Clean work environment.
Cons
Our healthcare costs have increased significantly more then our wage in the last 4 years.
Great Equipment to work with
EMCSA - SAN Design & Administration CIE (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2016
Company makes great efforts to keep updated Technology to remain a relavant competitor.
Daily work can be fast paced, while teaching others, however those who enjoy the Technical field are used to this.

Hardest Part of job is the limit of the technical understanding of seeing long term effects on Technical decisions.
Pros
Training, Computing environment
Cons
Job Security
Very good company.
Aircraft Mechanic-Electrical/Electronics/QA. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2016
This is a fun and interesting place to work. Their are a variety of people and Job tasks, with the opportunity to move within the company if desired.
Good company but ruined by some stupid management people
AH-64 Tech (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 3, 2016
Started with great enthusiasm but the last manager who is full with nepotism and favoritism, ruined all mood in the work area. Whole team was seperated because of his favoritism. Those guys who are manager's favorite always hang out in his office instead of wokring then received good pay benefit and manager's review, not how much you participated to the companu and job. Becareful!
Pros
good benefit and sick time
Cons
stupid management.
Very good place to work
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 2, 2016
Liked working there, great people and jobs were challenging. Hours were good and I was treated well by everyone. Would be more than willing to go back if they got more work.
Pros
great job good people
Cons
Ran out of work
building machines
Warehouse Associate and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2016
Typical day at work was learning how to be a system engineer fabricator. Learned how to work hydraulic components for various machines. Management was great co-worker team players. The hardest part of the job welding and testing probes. Learning various machines and reading blueprints.
Pros
like the job
Cons
went out of business
Difficult to recommend
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA , Seattle, WA Auburn, WAJuly 2, 2016
Spent two years working as a Senior Project Manager for the LTD organization of Boeing. I experienced extreme disorganization, lack of clarity, bullying, power plays, misdirection or no direction, lack of accountability, lack of support, back stabbing, undermining and the greatest amount of wastefulness imagainable. These folks sit at their desks for 20+years doing very little of value, running in circles to appear busy. Unskilled, uneducated workforce. Just like a government operation. If you want interesting work this is not a healthy work environment on any level. Buildings have no windows, parking requires bus rides added to you day to get to your office or shop, cafeteria menus are heavily fried.
Pros
Competitive government level salary
Cons
Unhealthy environment physically snd emotionally.
Boeing is famous for their "Lazy B's"
Technical Illustrator/ CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2016
I worked at the Boeing Company off and on over a course of 12 years as a Contract Designer and Technical Illustrator, at the Seattle, Everett and Renton locations in Washington. I met many very fine people and, for the most part, hard working. It was, for me, a difficult culture as I found I had to watch my back in many cases.

I loved my work, especially my Technical Illustrations work in Renton but I never want to work at Boeing again. Honestly, I don't feel very safe flying, too, because of what I know that goes on inside this company.
Pros
Pays well enough and hours are reseonable
Cons
The company is just too large.
Great support for Innovation
Engineering Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 1, 2016
Great environment to use working smarter and not harder methods. Overall I received positive support for deploying innovative problem solving to make system and processes work better.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
time pressures often required overtime

4.2