We are looking for a creative, smart data analyst to join the Financial Reporting & Accounting team to be our master in database analysis and report creation using Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server (SSAS, SSRS), Report Builder, and Excel. Additional work will take the form of a wide variety of internal projects where the candidate will provide analytical and strategic support. Duties can include researching and interacting with vendors and overall driving continuous improvements throughout the company. The team environment and variety of work provide a great place to both advance one’s skills and contribute to the overall good of the team.
Responsible for identifying systems enhancements and project managing the integration and implementation of financial functions, which create efficiencies in all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Develop/implement system applications that support all accounting and financial functions for the Bank.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and direction of special projects relating to financial systems that affect Controls and Procedures.
- Develop tools to analyze monthly overall balance sheet and profit and loss analytical review to assure all closing entries are recorded and changes between periods are reasonable.
- Performs research and assists in problem resolution.
- Function as Finance & Accounting department systems expert.
- Develop staff technical capabilities so that they can perform their assigned functions more efficiently.
- Systematically identify ways to automate financial function and analysis performed outside of core systems.
- Critically evaluate current systems and perform gap analysis, recommend solutions and implement.
- Critically evaluate processes; recommend enhancements and ensure process maps and procedures are current and in the Bank’s format.
- Develop and formalize procedures to facilitate clear communication between business units and Finance & Accounting.
Desired Career Experience
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Technical expertise (financial systems analysis, process automation, specifications scoping)
- Banking regulations, systems and processes
- Change management and system implementation experience
- Strong customer focus with the ability to communicate at all levels of the Bank, verbally and in writing.
- Good stakeholder management skills
- 2+ years’ experience writing free hand sql
- 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, BIDs, and/or Report Builder
- 2+ years SSRS, SSAS experience strongly preferred
- MS Report Builder experience strongly preferred
- Project management: Develop project management activities and tracking, communicate with stakeholders and deliver projects on time.
- Accurately report on completed projects, including benefits
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Jack Henry Banking Systems preferred
- BA or BS in Business Administration
- CPA or CFA (preferred)
$50,000 - $70,000
FDIC insured and publicly traded (NASDAQ:BOFI), BofI Federal Bank, a diversified multi-billion dollar financial services company, with...