BofI Federal Bank

-very busy
-mortgage products
-360 degree feedback needed
work
Loan Processor/ Intake Specialist (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAOctober 26, 2013
great company and job to work for really like alot. I learned alot and can take what i know to any bank.
Specialty Finance
Specialty Finance (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 19, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, shady tactics, high turn over rate, cocky management, ot is prtmuch required if you want to make $
They have a high-turn over rate and are super shady. They make you contact people who have been awarded a settlement (who they consider of lower intelligence) and trick them into taking a lump sum of money from them for pennies on the dollar! Sorry bofi I have morals...
IT concierge type service for all employees
Help Desk Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: great team, free lunch for the it staff
Cons: long hours and frequent missed meals due to the workload
Days begin at 5am with the processing of the files needed for direct deposits to post. All new hire setups were done including network profile and any new hardware assigned to that person. This included cell phones, laptop or desktop PCs, and the configuration of a desk phone. There was frequent after hours support for senior executive staff and even – more... visits to their personal homes to assist with IT issues experienced at home. I loved the cohesiveness of the team but we worked literally 16 hours a day during the work week then were expected to use our weekends to catch up on any backlog of IT issues that had come up. – less
Think twice!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CaJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: they have an atm in the lobby.
Cons: no room for advancement.
This company mindset is to squeeze the life out of you. Management plays favorites and micromanage. Highlight of the day is to leave. Employees are out for themselves and will not blink an eye to back stab each other. If I didn't need the money and health benefits I'd quit.
Growing company in banking sector
Vice President, Special Assets (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2012
Excellent company for anyone looking to gain banking experience.
Stress-free
Research Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: relaxed environment
My supervisor's expectations from his employees are come to work on time, work, and go home. He does not micromanage and thus is very flexible with altering schedules when needed. He also gives his employees freedom of when to take lunches and breaks.