BofI Federal Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for ambitious workaholics
Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2016
My first day at work:
Arrived at 9 am & left at 9 pm
No training. Had to learn everything by myself.
Basically was seated in front of computer & told "Work".
Poor communication across the company.
Politics politics politics. Almost "House of cards".

Overall, interesting place to work at. Very dynamic. Never boring.
Pros
Great potential for professional growth.
Cons
Better, harder & smarter you work, higher the expectations which at the end almost impossible to meet.
Worst company ever
Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
From the moment I walked in the door, I was immediately stressed out. I started looking for a new job after my first week. The job starts off with a new hire orientation, where you are herded around like cattle for your tour, not knowing what you got yourself into.

The hardest part of the job is all the politics, egos, and overall workload. They intentionally give you a workload that you never have a chance of completing. My days were typically 10-hours long and I was viewed as the departmental "slacker" because I demanded a life outside of work.

On a positive note, I will say I was able to learn a lot about some new software that I can use at other companies. I also gained a lot more knowledge about excel which I'm finding to be very helpful. I also like the campus of the building, If I wasn't always so stressed out, I probably would have enjoyed a lunch break outside.

If you are completely desperate for a job, I think BofI would be a great placeholder until you can find a job you actually like. However, overall I thought the experience was horrible and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Pros
Beautiful Courtyard, Free Coffee/snacks
Cons
Constant "back-stabbing" of other departments, long hours, no HR Dept, and the list goes on
Startup
SALES (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2014
Needed better management and commissions took 3 months to close slow processors no speed to any operation sales guys had to fend on there own.

$2K per month salary , they sell you on commissions that never arrive.
Pros
nice building and location
Cons
everything
Very nice location
AVP Income Property Lending Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2014
Typical day involved arriving at before 7am.
Space is limited. Too many employees in small space.
Employees were great, executive management was tyrannical.
Pros
across the street from utc mall
Cons
no casual fridays
Blank
Centralized Intake Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2014
-very busy
-mortgage products
-360 degree feedback needed
work
Loan Processor/ Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 26, 2013
great company and job to work for really like alot. I learned alot and can take what i know to any bank.
Specialty Finance
Specialty Finance (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 19, 2013
They have a high-turn over rate and are super shady. They make you contact people who have been awarded a settlement (who they consider of lower intelligence) and trick them into taking a lump sum of money from them for pennies on the dollar! Sorry bofi I have morals...
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, shady tactics, high turn over rate, cocky management, ot is prtmuch required if you want to make $
IT concierge type service for all employees
Help Desk Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2013
Days begin at 5am with the processing of the files needed for direct deposits to post. All new hire setups were done including network profile and any new hardware assigned to that person. This included cell phones, laptop or desktop PCs, and the configuration of a desk phone. There was frequent after hours support for senior executive staff and even visits to their personal homes to assist with IT issues experienced at home. I loved the cohesiveness of the team but we worked literally 16 hours a day during the work week then were expected to use our weekends to catch up on any backlog of IT issues that had come up.
Pros
great team, free lunch for the it staff
Cons
long hours and frequent missed meals due to the workload
Think twice!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaJanuary 2, 2013
This company mindset is to squeeze the life out of you. Management plays favorites and micromanage. Highlight of the day is to leave. Employees are out for themselves and will not blink an eye to back stab each other. If I didn't need the money and health benefits I'd quit.
Pros
they have an atm in the lobby.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Growing company in banking sector
Vice President, Special Assets (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2012
Excellent company for anyone looking to gain banking experience.

Want to know more about BofI Federal Bank?

Ask a question
Stress-free
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2012
My supervisor's expectations from his employees are come to work on time, work, and go home. He does not micromanage and thus is very flexible with altering schedules when needed. He also gives his employees freedom of when to take lunches and breaks.
Pros
relaxed environment

2.8