Bohler Engineering Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
APM (Current Employee) –  Bohler EngineeringFebruary 28, 2017
Bohler is an excellent company to work for. The company prides itself on hiring and developing smart, talented people and delivers on just that. Bohler provides excellent benefits and competitive compensation.
Amazing work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warren, njFebruary 25, 2017
Friendly staff with awesome management. The appreciate the value of productivity and always have snacks. They know that hunger can distract from focus. They provide you with everything you need to succeed with your daily task.
Great work place, with a great learning environment.
Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 27, 2016
A typical day a Bohler Engineer started a little before 8am. The management was on top of everything at all times. The project managers set deadlines before the clients deadline to ensure that there was enough time for review and to make sure that it wasn't rushed. The senior engineer that I was responsible to reporting to had a wealth of knowledge. Anytime I had an issue with the software or a question, he took the time to explain it throughly. During my 4 months at Bohler I learned quite a bit about the land development.
Pros
Well organized, friendly work environment
Frat House - Sweat Shop
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2016
Corporate has good intentions with providing training and structure. Well established company with good benefits. Poor work environment. Salaried workers required to work well above 40 hr a week to get submittals done without additional compensation. Management is undertrained, rude and inconsiderate. HORRIBLE LEADERSHIP AND MENTORSHIP. If you're looking for no work-life balance, 60hrs a week with no extra compensation and a beer during work to make it through the day this is the place for you.
Pros
Good corporate structure, benefits
Cons
no work-life balance, bad work environment, no leadership or mentorship
Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJNovember 17, 2015
fun workplace and positive atmosphere. I really enjoyed working alongside my colleagues. I never did the same thing twice which made it more exciting.
Pros
everyone was friendly
Cons
no growth opportunity
x
Design/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 8, 2015
There is a very fun after-hours atmosphere. The hours are often long, and it is a bit difficult to maintain a work-life balance
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Long hours. Rarely ate lunch.
Productive, family atmosphere
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAMay 27, 2015
Bohler Engineering was a great place to work. Everyone works well together to get the job done, accurately, and quickly!
A fun younger culture company that will work you hard.
Design Engineer, Engineer in Training (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJMarch 27, 2015
I worked there at a bad time in the economy and was part of a layoff. They worked me very hard without additional compensation above salary. Great people, fast-paced work, fun environment. Not very good for home life balance, though.
Pros
Great people. Competetive pay.
Cons
Expect a lot of overtime without additional compensation.
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2015
This was a good place to work. There was a lot of freedom for the employees to be themselves. I did not experience micromanagement while at this company.
Good people and culture. Nice perks.
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 9, 2014
Good people and culture. Nice perks. In tune with work/life balance.
Training is good.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJDecember 13, 2013
Company provides good training and educational seminars for employees.
Best job I ever had
Receptionist / Admin/ Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJDecember 12, 2012
Bohler Engineering was one of the best companies I had ever worked for. There was a balance between work and "play".
No day was typical at the front desk and I looked forward to going to work daily.
I had wonderful co-workers and my first supervisor was wonderful with teaching and mentoring me.The primary owner of the company had a heart of gold.
The hardest part of my job was my dismissal.
Pros
everything about company was a pro
Cons
the real reason for my termination.
Hard working group with goals to succeed and have good relations with customers.
Intern Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PASeptember 18, 2012
I learned a lot about Land Developing and the work that goes along with it. I also got the chance to learn more about drafting with AutoCAD and got some experience using that program. Everyone who worked at the company put 100% into the job they were working on. The managers are friendly and are ready to help whenever needed. They all value having good relations with their customers and make sure the job they are doing is what they want while making sure its done correctly and safely.
Great company with a great structure who is always looking to improve
CAD Technician I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Bohler has a very professional work environment, they continuously are working on educating their employees by providing weekly lunch and learns and monthly training activities. The employees are nice and professional. This is a very fast paced environment, the overall goals are always headed for the right direction, however Bohler still needs plenty of improvement with their inside management style. With all of the work that can pile up, the inside managers need better techniques when organizing work to assure all employees have an adequate number of assigned tasks that balances for everyone. There is a lack of diversity. This is definitely a company where you fit best if you are a male or single female (or married without kids).
Pros
benefits, incentives, education, customer service oriented
Cons
lack of diversity, work life blalance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bohler Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.