Boise Cascade

Boise Cascade United States Employee Reviews

fun,nice benefits
flexo graphic stacker (Former Employee), salem oregonApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, pay, vacation time
Cons: management could have been better, long hours
great company, paid lunches, great benefits overall good company to work with company had great hourly pay and would buy dinners every 3 months
I loved my job, although it was a challedge most day. I liked to look at them as new opportunities.
Wholesaler Analyst / Wholesaler Analyst II (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Looked forward to going to work for another day of opportunities. Free pizza lunch with salad, soda and desserts, Vendor / Wholesaler holiday dinners and lunches, Working remote from home on snowy days that made my life much more bearable.
Cons: Before we were to work remote from home the long misriable drive back and forth, 50 miles round trip. 3 hours to get back home after work.
I enjoyed my 13 years with Boise Cascade / OfficeMax and Office Depot very much. I gained so much understanding and knowledge about our business, system programs and operations from management, IT, our Wholesaler's and 3rd Party vendor's and coworkers daily For which I'm very thankful and I remain friends with many of them even after the office closing in Naperville.
The hardest part of my job was managing the price changes each quarter, but I always beat APR deadline for our Itemfile and Data Integrity teams.
Celebrating coworkers birthday's and the occasional food days were always the most enjoyable part of working
Productive and working as a team
Dryer Feeder (Former Employee), White City, ORFebruary 27, 2015
I would start work at 10:20 to 6:20 we worked 8 hour a day I learned to work with other, if there was a problem I would call a lead person and they would always help. The hardest part of the job was the lay up line. I leaned alot and made good friends.
The Worst company ever..........
8 yrs Dry Veneer Grader (Former Employee), Elgin, ORJanuary 21, 2015
This company and the folks who work here are terrible, they would rather see you fail than succeed. I was a 8 1/2 year employee and when I got hurt everyone flipped on me and showed there true colors they make you feel like if the plant blew up and you got out but no one else did you'd be like screw it...............
Preventive Maintenance Tech. (Current Employee), Chester, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good job and nice people.
Cons: not bad.
Went to work in the dark, and came home in the dark. Not much more to tell.
Eastern Region Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Moncure, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Non professional culture with expectations of long hours.
Great Company. Nationwide cutbacks forced me to leave.
Sales (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 8, 2015
There were Nationwide personnel cutbacks. I left the Company before this occurred.
Shipping and Receiving
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CADecember 4, 2014
I would package and storage all vitamins to be shipped world wide.
FAST PACE, GREAT REPUTATION
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CONovember 24, 2014
GREAT PRODUCTS, KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF, GREAT CLIENTS AND VENDORS.
Excellent 5 star company
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Garden GroveOctober 26, 2014
Pros: learning, growth, professionalism
Cons: they were bought out
I was incredibly blessed and grateful to be accepted into this position . At the time I was employeed by Boisie they were the number 1 office supply company worldwide. they found my through a head hunter tht would not give up when I said I wasn't interested and Im so glad they did not. It was the best learning experience, and the people in this organization are the most professional and kind people of any industry I have ever been a part of. I miss them and the decision toleave and start my own business was one I was excited to do and yet very sad to leave such a fabulous organization.
productive work place
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Boyce, LAOctober 23, 2014
great place to work, co-workers were very nice, only down fall
was getting laid off so much around the holidays
Productive Work Place
Line Operator (Former Employee), Oakdale, LASeptember 24, 2014
Great opportunities and management. Enjoyed working there. Hard job, but enjoyed it.
Not fair
Production Technician II (Former Employee), Lena, LASeptember 18, 2014
Not spending enough time with family and people steady looking over your shoulders to get you out the door
Needs a lot of work
Operator (Former Employee), Oakdale, LAAugust 7, 2014
Poor Management
Only concern is production
Hard to get equipment fixed
overall its a good company
UT- Log processor Yard Supervisor (Current Employee), Chester, SCAugust 2, 2014
this is a good place to work, its a challenge every day and thats what i like about it ... having time off is the only dislike i have about it
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: short breaks, little overtime, no advancement.
Its a good steeping stone job for someone willing to gain experience.
Good place to work.
Feeder Operator (Current Employee), Medford, Or.June 26, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Pay was great and they offered really good benefits.
Commodity Producer
Sr. Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and bonus'
Cons: no job security
Being a commodity producer, this company was struggling to make a profit and cycled from trying to grow to having to downsize.
Boise Cascade was a good company to work for as well.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Marion, OHMay 19, 2014
Love this place especially the People. That is what I miss the most is the people that worked there had a good friend relationship with a lot of people.
Enjoyable and Fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, TXApril 27, 2014
I answered the phones and kept all mail organized. I learned how to keep up with work load and having customer service. A typical day is to arrive at work, clock in and start the phones. The hardest part of the job is knowing it was temporary work.

1 2 3 4

About Boise Cascade

Boise Cascade has more than a trickle of building materials. The company is North America's #2 manufacturer of laminated wood, – Read more

Boise Cascade Salaries