Boise Inc

Boise Inc Employer Reviews

Horrible place
Utility (Former Employee), Wallula WAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Honestly the worst place I have ever worked. This place is a complete joke. The management is incompetent, unprofessional and only cares about themselves. They are very demeaning and don't care about your life outside of work. I was told on several occasions that I will be working on my days off a couple of hours before I was off and its not their problem – more... if you have other plans. I was amazed at working conditions and condition of the plant. I am surprised that no one has died from working there. Stay away from this place. I am glad to no longer be there. – less
Dynamic company in old line industry
Vice President and Treasurer (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 10, 2014
We rationalized ~15% of office paper production capacity and announced plans to increase by ~50% our containerboard (paper for corrugated boxes) capacity within the last 18 months.
work with different people everyday and travel all over the U.S.
Master mechanic/ Electrician (Former Employee), Chatsworth, Ca.February 7, 2014
Pros: traveled through out the u.s.
I would receive a call from a customer, try to fix their problem over the phone if unable then I would drive to the job site and fix their problem while answering other customers calls and helping the other Field Service Technician.
Dangerous Place to work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), Wallula, WAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: benefits, management, enviroment as a whole
I was hired to work on the maintenance program. I have been involved in the Mechanical Construction Industry for will over 37 years. When I when to work in the Wallula Plant, I was amazed how different mechanical components and equipment are held together. Under the direction and daily task given to you by your supervisor. The EPA needs to thoroughly – more... inspect the water discharges coming from that plant. Also, OSHA should walk the facility and look at the open pits, no guard rails, speeding fork lifts, leaking pipe lines, I could go on and on.
Management is a joke, especially the supervisors directing the maintenance team. I will suggest to stay away from that facility as far as you can. I was embarrassed to walk away from some of the ways my supervisor had us fix things. I am super glad I no longer work there. Benefits are a joke. – less
Good consistant employer for 33 yrs.
Mobile Crane Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Saint Helens, ORJuly 27, 2013
Pros: consistant hrs.
Boise Inc. kept me employed for 33yrs. then the plant shut down.
Daily Mill Work
Pra-5 (Former Employee), Wallula, WAJune 6, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: shift work
Production of steam for use by paper machines. 12hr rotating shift work.
Great
Laborer (Former Employee), Burley, IDMarch 8, 2013
Pros: kept busy all the time
Cons: different shifts
packaging boxes, learned a lot about safety, fun people to work with, hard to get used to different shifts