Boise Inc Employee Reviews

Cutting jobs after Boise aquisition
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Southern CAJuly 27, 2014
I worked for PCA less than a year and jobs started to be eliminated immediately after aquisiton of Boise. I had a heavy workload and still was laid off. Think twice before joining company. Appears to be unstable at the moment.
Cons
it's not what you know it's who you know if you want to keep your job
Amazing
Accounts Receivable Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoJune 6, 2014
Boise Inc was a fantastic company to work for. It was very sad when they were purchased and the new company had different plans for all of us Corporate office people.
challenging and rewarding place
6TH hand operator (Current Employee) –  Wallula, WAMarch 7, 2014
show up early to have time to talk and review safety issues with coworker. clock in work a 12 hour shift if we are lucky. Work in excessive heat . run big heavy cranes coworkers are awesome especially if u are all on same page getting real dirty is the bad side or we have to work holidays also..will work 4 12 hours shifts then four days off then go to gravesm
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
heavy heat waking up in middle of night like 2am to go in for shutdown(maintance on machine)
Horrible place
Utility (Former Employee) –  Wallula WAFebruary 14, 2014
Honestly the worst place I have ever worked. This place is a complete joke. The management is incompetent, unprofessional and only cares about themselves. They are very demeaning and don't care about your life outside of work. I was told on several occasions that I will be working on my days off a couple of hours before I was off and its not their problem if you have other plans. I was amazed at working conditions and condition of the plant. I am surprised that no one has died from working there. Stay away from this place. I am glad to no longer be there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Dynamic company in old line industry
Vice President and Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 10, 2014
We rationalized ~15% of office paper production capacity and announced plans to increase by ~50% our containerboard (paper for corrugated boxes) capacity within the last 18 months.
work with different people everyday and travel all over the U.S.
Master mechanic/ Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, Ca.February 7, 2014
I would receive a call from a customer, try to fix their problem over the phone if unable then I would drive to the job site and fix their problem while answering other customers calls and helping the other Field Service Technician.
Pros
traveled through out the u.s.
Dangerous Place to work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WAOctober 28, 2013
I was hired to work on the maintenance program. I have been involved in the Mechanical Construction Industry for will over 37 years. When I when to work in the Wallula Plant, I was amazed how different mechanical components and equipment are held together. Under the direction and daily task given to you by your supervisor. The EPA needs to thoroughly inspect the water discharges coming from that plant. Also, OSHA should walk the facility and look at the open pits, no guard rails, speeding fork lifts, leaking pipe lines, I could go on and on.
Management is a joke, especially the supervisors directing the maintenance team. I will suggest to stay away from that facility as far as you can. I was embarrassed to walk away from some of the ways my supervisor had us fix things. I am super glad I no longer work there. Benefits are a joke.
Pros
free parking
Cons
benefits, management, enviroment as a whole
Good consistant employer for 33 yrs.
Mobile Crane Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORJuly 27, 2013
Boise Inc. kept me employed for 33yrs. then the plant shut down.
Pros
consistant hrs.
Daily Mill Work
Pra-5 (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WAJune 6, 2013
Production of steam for use by paper machines. 12hr rotating shift work.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
shift work
Great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDMarch 8, 2013
packaging boxes, learned a lot about safety, fun people to work with, hard to get used to different shifts
Pros
kept busy all the time
Cons
different shifts