Boise State University Employee Reviews

Great Place For Student Employment
BroncoFit Nutrition Intern (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2017
I gained skills I couldn't learn in the classroom and loved the people I worked with. Everyone supported you and supported the students around you. Awesome place.
Pros
Skills, People, Fun
Cons
Hours cut off after a certain point
decent program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 29, 2017
There are plenty of people to work with at BSU. The funding is good for a master's program. The teaching load is very minimal for a graduate program. Summer stipends are available.
OIT Student Employee
Classroom Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 24, 2017
Worked with great people in an environment that was usually relaxed. Hours were very flexible and management was easy nice and easy to work with. Above average pay for a part time college job and raises come if you put good effort into the job.
Delightful teacching environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 23, 2017
Great working situation as an adjunct, but limited in amount of work that can be done. Great relationships with department heads who are genuinely caring. Given lots of freedom in teaching and working with students.
Pros
Academic freedom
Cons
Underpaid and no benefits
generally great
Financial Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 18, 2017
overall, great place to work. atmosphere is good. people are friendly and generally eager to help. can be the best place to work depending on your personality
Culture of fear
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 12, 2017
There is a strong culture of fear at this institution. I've worked at several schools across the US and this was likely the worst experience I've had. Management does not care about their employees at all. My manager repeatedly stormed out of meetings when things weren't going her way, she regularly checked out of meetings mentally and then was upset when she didnt have the infomation she needed. Overall the department was terrified of budget changes and this led to the detriment of strong academic programs and the well being of their staff... In the end the department regularly came in under budget. Would not recommend.
A Great Place to Work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 8, 2017
Working at Boise State is fulfilling and satisfying. They are very flexible with students, and schedules and do their best to accommodate whatever circumstances you may have.
Being a student worker at Boise State is really good.
Student Worker for Parking and Events (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 19, 2017
We didn't get paid a lot, $7.50 an hour for my position. But they're really good to work for because they'll never want to interfere with your classes or when you need to study for finals. They care about how you're doing and everyone really seems to care about each other. I had to move out of state after graduation, otherwise I'd have wanted to come work for this university.
Pros
workplace culture, coworkers, scheduling around classes
Cons
low wages
Great job for a student
Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2017
Making espresso at the Student Union Building was the most fun! I got to meet a lot of students, from all different backgrounds; and I got to work with great people.
Working at Boise State has been great
Visualization and Initiatives Planner (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 14, 2017
Boise State is a great place to work. I work with excellent people and have had excellent opportunities since I started working here. Also, the Bronco culture is lots of fun.
Pros
Excellent benefits, healthy work environment, plentiful opportunity
Cons
Probably could make more in the private sector, state entity and therefore bound by state purchasing process, etc
Helped progress my academic life
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 29, 2017
Boise State University has helped me advance in my academic career. Going into my PhD program, I knew little about stable isotope geochemistry. Through my time at Boise State University, I have become a skilled isotopic geochemist.
Great supervisors
Office Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83725July 17, 2017
I enjoyed my part-time temporary position. I delivered mail to various offices and assisted with data entry, sorting mail and verifying information.

My supervisors encouraged and recommended me to apply for Office Specialist I position at the Idaho Public Utility Commission.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Not all co-workers were in agreement with one another.
Diverse research opportunities and courseworks.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 28, 2017
Diverse research opportunities and courseworks. 20+ tenure track professors with diverse range of expertise. Central university surrounded by lots of emerging tech companies.
Good Place to work with the right manager
Project Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 27, 2017
My manager was unsupportive and controlling. With the proper manager, this could be an acceptable place to work, but it is a much slower pace than the private sector.
Very progressive workplace
PAYROLL/TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 25, 2017
I highly recommend working in a higher educational institution to anyone who wants to be in a high-energy, youth-oriented, and progressive environment.
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 7, 2017
I worked as a student worker for Boise State University Advancement and then was extended as a temp hire for an additional month. The job culture is fantastic and everyone seems to really enjoy working with each other. I enjoyed the projects I was given and the feedback I received on them was extremely helpful. Staff went out of their way to explain how the foundational level works.
Good place to get OSHA training and then move on
Safety & Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 5, 2017
90% of your time is spent on the computer writing reports
10% of your time is spent evaluating business' facilities and safety and health management systems.
The first 2 years you receive lots of training. After that, minimal training due to budget and no promotions or bonuses or real incentive to do anything except find work elsewhere.
It's a small office so everyone gets to know each other.
There is nothing in place to build team members up or create a creative, fun, engaging work environment.
Best part of the job is getting out of the office and seeing all the different businesses in Idaho.
Pros
Great State Employee Benefits
Cons
Minimum Pay and no room to move up
Fun, but also sometimes Stressful
Event Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 3, 2017
I have worked at BSU for 3 years now, both in the Maintenance program and in the parking events side of the department. I have enjoyed working there as it was a relaxed environment, but when there was work to get done we got it done in a timely manner and still had fun while doing it.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 31, 2017
I was a student at Boise State for two years and while there I was able to earn my Bachelors degree in Communications with an emphasis on organizational and relational studies.
Productive and Supportive Workplace
Peer Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 31, 2017
Working at Boise State University was a priceless experience. I got to work with the administrative side of the school as well as with students. Everyone was supportive and wanted others to succeed. The culture fostered productivity, innovation, and independence. I learned how to take advantage of opportunities, how to communicate effectively with campus partners, and how to take initiative in the University's success.
Pros
Collaboration, support and friendliness
Cons
low pay