Boise State University

Boise State University Employer Reviews

This is a University
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 27, 2015
The university is fine. I work there as a student, so it does not compare as a regular employee's viewpoint. Being a research assistant is an excellent way to become familiar with the techniques associated with future careers.
its a university
Organic Chemistry Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 20, 2015
relaxed environment, fun to work in. was a temporary position, so not much history to base it off of. overall i was very pleased with my time spent there.
Not a bad place to work
Instructional IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Boise IDahoFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: indecisive leadership
40 to 50 work week. Nice people to work within a pleasant environment. Interesting leadership model in Academia. Having to opportunity to work on a diverse range of issues and challenges is the most satisfying part of the job.
Writing code
Business Intelligence (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 26, 2015
I never thought that I would land a job in this field. For me it was a bit of a challenge to understand some of the terminology as well as apply it to everyday usage. Once I had a foundation I began to perform well beyond the my own expectations and I had an appreciation for having learned this skill. This job is still on the rise and I'm sure it wont be long before businesses create a demand for people with this skill set. But it wasn't for me. I'm sure if I was pursuing a degree in Computer Science or in a related field, it wouldn't be as bad and I may have even enjoy it. I liked the people that I worked with, they provided me with an opportunity to learn something that I would have never guessed existed. Having gone to meetings with customers, is where I understood the importance of writing the correct code. After all, we dealt with a lot of personal data and confidentiality of it, is of vital importance in any industry.
Flexible and fun place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boise , IDJanuary 22, 2015
I have learned a lot about business stats and Relation database management systems during the course of my Graduate Assistant ship. Working hours are flexible which helps in maintaining the schedule for both study and job.
Respectful management that is willing to work with school schedule
Herbarium Research Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and happy work environment
Cons: challenges of working in high traffic areas.
I enjoyed working at Boise State University, where I developed skills working on a team and learning also, how to work independently. My bosses were always there to listen to my concerns and willing to help when I had questions.
Great On Campus Job
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IdJanuary 5, 2015
Telecounsilor/Admissions (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 1, 2015
It was fun being able to help students with their decision to become a Boise State student. We did a lot of college fairs, online admission chats as well as speaking with prospective students directly about what we found to be the best aspects of Boise State and the benefits to attending the school.
Great environment with opportunities for creative research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: rewarding, true love of labor
Cons: stressful at times
I have freedom at BSU to research what interests me and in turn produce the best and most exciting work of my life. Typically, from my experience, most people are not cut out for pure research. Much of what you are trying to do has been done, and usually well, so improving upon it can be daunting. You have opportunities to set your own pace which is usually a crutch for most. Many failures are discovered before you figure out the model or code that you can say, "ah-ha!"

My work definitely comes home with me. I have a personal and vested interest in the outcome, but mostly its because I love my work.
I was a student and very much enjoyed learning.
Full time student (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoMay 30, 2014
I found the professors to be very knowledgeable and very helpful.
Laboratory Assistant
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 5, 2014
Cleaning biology lab and biology teaching lab, creating and setting up supplies for lower and upper division Microbiology lab classes.
Customer service industry providing a variety of sports for students and patrons to participate in a recreational and competitive environment.
INTRAMURAL SPORTS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Campus RecreationMarch 30, 2014
I learned valuable skills of customer service, conflict resolution, and management of employees. Each work day was different and exciting and can never predict what will happen. Working with a great team environment was beneficial for the growth of individuals and the reputation of Campus Recreation. Having the pleasure to meet many fellow students in different sports was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Experience in life.
Adjunct Instructor of Spanish Language. (Current Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: the environment, the possibility to form future teachers, the honor of teach my language.
Cons: the benefits.
I teach Spanish in lower and upper division which is great because I have the opportunity to deal with beginners and advanced students. This semester I am teaching three classes which means spending almost the entire day on campus, teaching and attending to students in the office, this is my normal day.
Teaching is the best part without any doubt. The hardest part is grading but at the end of the day I enjoy it as well.
I have a group of amazing co-workers, I can not complain about it.
Even though I love what I am doing now, I miss the energy, the passion, the dynamic that I know very well when I work in sales, with group of sellers etc.
Good after school job
Computer Operations Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 29, 2014
Was fine with the people. Very flexible when it came time for my finals.
Not a job.
Member of the Boise State Broncos football team (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 16, 2014
It was a great experience and I learned a lot. This was not a place of employment.
One time consulting job
Community Messaging Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2014
Good work experience provided during my MBA studies. We were asked to help a local government organization with constituent messaging.
It was a great place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boise IdahoNovember 18, 2013
Sat in on classroom lectures, graded papers and assignments. Conducted exam reviews.
BSU
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
Overall it is a good place to work. Boise State University is a public research institution located in downtown Boise, Idaho, an urbanizing and growing capital city that is the State's center of government, business, technology and health care.
Excellent team work and support as an adjunct faculty
Adjunct Online Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 15, 2013
Boise State has a tremendous amount of support for their adjuncts and consistent communication. Excellent organization to work for.
typical resturant
BRC Front End Associate (Former Employee), Boise state universityOctober 10, 2013
Pros: eat all you want
Cons: bad management
Worked about 5-8 hours 3-4 days a week part time. Work load was very easy, pay was ok at best, managment was horrible. no hard part of the job.

Boise State University Salaries