Boise State University

Boise State University Employer Reviews

Flexible and fun place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boise , IDJanuary 22, 2015
I have learned a lot about business stats and Relation database management systems during the course of my Graduate Assistant ship. Working hours are flexible which helps in maintaining the schedule for both study and job.
Respectful management that is willing to work with school schedule
Herbarium Research Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and happy work environment
Cons: challenges of working in high traffic areas.
I enjoyed working at Boise State University, where I developed skills working on a team and learning also, how to work independently. My bosses were always there to listen to my concerns and willing to help when I had questions.
Great On Campus Job
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IdJanuary 5, 2015
Telecounsilor/Admissions (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 1, 2015
It was fun being able to help students with their decision to become a Boise State student. We did a lot of college fairs, online admission chats as well as speaking with prospective students directly about what we found to be the best aspects of Boise State and the benefits to attending the school.
Great environment with opportunities for creative research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: rewarding, true love of labor
Cons: stressful at times
I have freedom at BSU to research what interests me and in turn produce the best and most exciting work of my life. Typically, from my experience, most people are not cut out for pure research. Much of what you are trying to do has been done, and usually well, so improving upon it can be daunting. You have opportunities to set your own pace which is usually a crutch for most. Many failures are discovered before you figure out the model or code that you can say, "ah-ha!"

My work definitely comes home with me. I have a personal and vested interest in the outcome, but mostly its because I love my work.
I was a student and very much enjoyed learning.
Full time student (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoMay 30, 2014
I found the professors to be very knowledgeable and very helpful.
Laboratory Assistant
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 5, 2014
Cleaning biology lab and biology teaching lab, creating and setting up supplies for lower and upper division Microbiology lab classes.
Customer service industry providing a variety of sports for students and patrons to participate in a recreational and competitive environment.
INTRAMURAL SPORTS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Campus RecreationMarch 30, 2014
I learned valuable skills of customer service, conflict resolution, and management of employees. Each work day was different and exciting and can never predict what will happen. Working with a great team environment was beneficial for the growth of individuals and the reputation of Campus Recreation. Having the pleasure to meet many fellow students in different sports was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Experience in life.
Adjunct Instructor of Spanish Language. (Current Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: the environment, the possibility to form future teachers, the honor of teach my language.
Cons: the benefits.
I teach Spanish in lower and upper division which is great because I have the opportunity to deal with beginners and advanced students. This semester I am teaching three classes which means spending almost the entire day on campus, teaching and attending to students in the office, this is my normal day.
Teaching is the best part without any doubt. The hardest part is grading but at the end of the day I enjoy it as well.
I have a group of amazing co-workers, I can not complain about it.
Even though I love what I am doing now, I miss the energy, the passion, the dynamic that I know very well when I work in sales, with group of sellers etc.
Good after school job
Computer Operations Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 29, 2014
Was fine with the people. Very flexible when it came time for my finals.
Not a job.
Member of the Boise State Broncos football team (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 16, 2014
It was a great experience and I learned a lot. This was not a place of employment.
One time consulting job
Community Messaging Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2014
Good work experience provided during my MBA studies. We were asked to help a local government organization with constituent messaging.
It was a great place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boise IdahoNovember 18, 2013
Sat in on classroom lectures, graded papers and assignments. Conducted exam reviews.
BSU
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
Overall it is a good place to work. Boise State University is a public research institution located in downtown Boise, Idaho, an urbanizing and growing capital city that is the State's center of government, business, technology and health care.
Excellent team work and support as an adjunct faculty
Adjunct Online Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 15, 2013
Boise State has a tremendous amount of support for their adjuncts and consistent communication. Excellent organization to work for.
typical resturant
BRC Front End Associate (Former Employee), Boise state universityOctober 10, 2013
Pros: eat all you want
Cons: bad management
Worked about 5-8 hours 3-4 days a week part time. Work load was very easy, pay was ok at best, managment was horrible. no hard part of the job.
Good educational envrionment
Adjunct Mycology Instructor (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 8, 2013
Pros: wonderful support staff
Cons: no health benefits
A great place to work as an adjunct because of the breadth of students that you get to interact with. The support staff is always very willing to help with making sure you can effectively reach the students.
BSU is a relatively new school with much to learn but it is growing fast and getting better with each year.
Range Technician (Current Employee), Havre, MTJune 24, 2013
Pros: boise area is excellent! decent night life with all kinds of outdoor recreation at your finger tips.
Cons: classes and school still needs to catch up with the rate at which they are admitting students.
The professors are relatively new which results in new classes that are somewhat disorganized and not as valuable. However, the effort to continually get better is there so it will take some time before each new professor works out the "kinks" of teaching and lesson plans.
It was alright.
Custodian (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 22, 2013
College job, simple custodial work. Short hours, low pay, flexible schedule, easy work.
Balanced home/ School with family and kids
Student (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 25, 2013
Pros: learned new subject mattter
Cons: not always the best professor
Some are helpful and other were not. This semester I am at school 13 hours a day, I have three courses that are spread out so not very convenient.