Bojangles' Restaurants, Inc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was fast food and worked for me at the time
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 20, 2017
The work at Bojangles was fair. I was paid minimum wage and worked hard, which is typical of fast food. I usually worked evenings from 4-close during the week, and mornings on the weekends. As I went to college and acquired more debt and attempted to build credit, I needed a job that offered better pay and more consistent hours.
Pros
Discounted food, friendly coworkers
Cons
Minimum wage with little chance of a raise, no benefits for part time employees, your soul smelled like fried chicken always
Fast Paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 20, 2017
They had the best Unit Director they have ever had leave because they were not giving her the power to make her own decisions while also giving her a hard time because nothing was getting done. The owners have come into the store and are working as management and bringing the store down with them without them even knowing.
Pros
50% discount while on shift. Few good workers.
Cons
Everything else
It was a pretty decent place to work despite drama
Cashier/Crew (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 20, 2017
I'm looking for a better job. I didn't necessarily hate Bojangles but I want something better and better pay especially being in college. The hours were good.
Pros
Nice managers, workers & customers sometimes
Cons
Drama.
Assistant Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 20, 2017
Can be very slow or very busy at times. Sometimes very stressful dealing with team members or even management. However can be very slow and none stressful. The work day consist of opening the store ensuring food is prepared and ready for the customer. Manage team members and shift managers to ensure they are ready and prepared for the days activities.
Pros
A place to work
Cons
Can advance
make sure everyone is happy,
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2017
To provide fast and friendly service to every customer. Great everyone and make them feel as family. Never having dissatisfied customers, or workers. Making sure all my duties are done, before my shift was over.
Pros
Understanding DM.
Cons
Benefits were not good.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GA 31407September 19, 2017
i enjoyed working here.the pay isn't great but it's do-able. i enjoyed interacting with the customers. the only thing i had a problem with her was staying in uniform.
It is fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Its fun love working with crew members love fixing orders making people laugh telling jokes getting alkne with others love my job helping my crew mwmbers
Balanced and Productive enviorment
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 19, 2017
A regular day at Bojangles consist of hungry customers & a crew of motivated employees. I haven't really learn much since working at Bojangles, its more of applying what i already knew. The Management is great & helpful. The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of the job not eating on the clock, with all the fresh cook ed food sitting in front of you. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers happy faces as they leave satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches, Good hours
If you need a job
Cashier/Stocker/Server (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work as a cashier you must take care of the entire front part. I would NOT recommend this job if you are just getting into the work force because you do not go thru proper training. The shift managers get irritated when you make a mistake or need help on the register, and are constantly on their phones instead of helping to complete task. The workplace culture is pretty quiet, especially in the morning however, around lunch time is when the rush happens. Sometimes no matter how many hours you've worked you don't get a break. The hardest part of the job is when the customers and mangers both have attitudes and are not helpful.. Basically if you NEED a job, make sure to stay on management about receiving hours! If you do NOT need a job do not apply.
Pros
Nice hiring manager, learning customer service skills
Cons
Shift managers attitude, low pay, no proper training, paying for food
A good place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Bojangles, my employers and co-workers were equally friendly, very helpful to me when I had questions, and were in general very VERY pleasant to be around.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere, Great Co-Workers Good discounts, Generous Breaks.

Want to know more about Bojangles' Restaurants, Inc?

Ask a question
Not good
Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, NCSeptember 14, 2017
They don't work as a team and they were mean to other crew member they will tell at you so the customer was able to hear let's put it this way they treat the crew and managers like chrap
No hours
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2017
I would only receive a few hours at my job . I was still in high school at the time and I wasn't that good to be honest so I can't really blame them but there was a lot of people's hour getting cut.
Pros
Free lunch
great place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCSeptember 14, 2017
all staff was great and friendly. comfortable working enviroment. the managers were always friendly and understanding. they also have very flexible hours
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
Produ tove and teamworking fun enviroment to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Respectfully greeting visitors
Cleaning isnt as bad as you thought with teamwork
Fashionable manner of getting a order out
Fresh hot foods is what attract customer
Pros
Many breaks if needed
Cons
Buy yur food
Do not care about employees
Assistant Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TNSeptember 13, 2017
My Grandmother died and I was suspended and demoted because I went to be with family at a time of need. I felt that the Unit Director and the Area Director were bullying me and made me feel that I was a bad person because I went to be with family. Not to mention that I stepped up when there was not a Unit director for my location and hired an entire team for the Grand opening.
Did not enjoy the experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NC 28677September 13, 2017
The managers had poor communication with each other and they would not train there employees all the same way which led to confusion. You can also tell who the favorites were regardless of the mistakes that were made.
Pros
free lunch as long as it was under four dollars
Cons
the work enviroment
A very busy company
Bojangles (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 13, 2017
This is a very busy place to work at firstly because they sponsor a handful of people and they have good chicken . It does get slow at times but the crowds come and hits you in the face
Great work environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 12, 2017
So far i have enjoyed my time at work every one does their part. Plus the management is very nice and helpful they actually work and wouldn't ask you to do something they wouldn't do themselves.
nice work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 12, 2017
At Bojangles It wasn't hard at all. i had to cook clean and made sure the trash was taken out and change the grease on a daily. The managers was nice and they made sure everything in the store was being done the right way.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
short breaks
Company is going through major changes.
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2017
I feel the culture that was created has been lost. There is no room for advancement no matter how hard you work to get there. The company only cares about the bottom line and not the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bojangles' Restaurants, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9