BOK Financial Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
A typical day is fairly busy with many transactions taking place. I have learned to be very careful handling each customer's transactions because even slight errors could result in major headaches for the client. Very supportive managers that give strong opportunities to succeed.
BOK Financial has good benefits and has wonderful employees to work with.
Fund Accounting Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2017
flexibility with your time, however, not able to work 7 to 4. Learned new accounting systems, which is always fun to learn how systems work. Lots of changes and exceptions so a little difficult to learn when others are changing the rules. Enjoy the people and processing what is consistent.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not flexible with hours
Average at best
Relationship Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2017
They make you feel very welcomed at first and then you realize they don't care about their employees at all. They are very sales oriented, so only take the job if you want to push products
I was time for me to move from that company
Consumer / Commercial Document Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2017
Great work environment. Several available opportunities to to move up in positions and to learn new skills. I had wonderful trainers to help teach the operations, documentation side of banking.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Management sucks and employees are undertrained
Solutions Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2017
Would not recommend. Management is cut throat. Employees are expected to deliver without proper training. I worked in an office there for 3 years and all everyone is in a constant state of being fired.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Stress levels, poor management, lack of training
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2017
a typical day at work was profiling customers and opening and offering bank products to all new and existing customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building a relationship with all my customers
Pros
meeting new customers
Great management
Senior Microcomputer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
Very structured enterprise environment to work for. Creativity is encouraged. Team oriented environment. Very good internship program and community involvement.
Cons
No micro-managing
Great Management and Co-Worker and fast pace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2017
The management was great. They have an open door policy for all employee. The hardest part of the job at the beginning was getting use to the fast-pace. But management/co-workers was there to jump in and they also show me how to relax.
Over work you. Not enough staff to do the jobs the pile on you.
Loss Analysis/QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  La Vernia, TXMay 12, 2017
Not enough staff for the jobs the pile on us and then push to get the job done and complain when errors are made. A lot of overtime hours worked to get the job done.
Would not recommend
Current, Administrative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 11, 2017
HR did not clearly communicate when the health benefits would begin. I had to wait an additional month since I began on the 2nd of the month and not the first. Felt this was not a good start to being a new employee.
During my time there, saw upper management leaving and always concern for lay-offs. I enjoyed the clients but was always making excuses for a manager who would not communicate by returning calls or emails. Very frustrating with multiple computer systems that did not work.
Pros
Helping Clients
Cons
Instability
Productive workplace
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2017
A typical day involves me working with clients in order to make their banking experience better. I also work with non clients helping them choose which bank account, credit card, loan, and mortgage best fits their needs. Customer service is very important because as tellers we are the face of the branch and sales is not mandatory but it is encouraged at BOK. I learned how to handle a different kind of clientele, my other sale jobs I was working with people in a less formal environment. BOK has taught me how to work with many different kinds of customers from the really wealthy to the poor and I learned how to handle various situations, handling peoples money is a very important job. The work place culture at my branch is great, we all get along and BOK is really trying to make everyone feel like family. The hardest part of my job is turning down clients who do not meet the requirements for a loan or an account, it really breaks my heart because we can not help their financial needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the clients all day, after a while you get to know them by their first names and you start building relationships.
Pros
The people I work with are great and the company provides bonuses throughout the year
Cons
Expensive health care and hard to move up within the company
Productive and driven sales team
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2017
My coworkers and myself challenged ourselves daily to meet the expectations of our client while attempting to provide them with the products we felt would benefit them. The management was highly open and flexible with accommodating my limited hours as a college student.
Very good company
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 1, 2017
BOK is a very good company with solid objectives. There is significant growth with the company, and they have a very good Processing and Underwriting.
This is a great place to work where you are valued as an employee.
Banking Center Operations & Process Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 30, 2017
Place where you can grown and learn daily. Support from all levels of management. As a employee you have a voice in new ideas and improvements. If you want to work at a place that feels like family this is it.
Pros
Great place to grown and learn.
Cons
Limited locations
incompetance
Home Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 27, 2017
very incompetence management team from supervisors to the avps and vps they don't not know how to properly run a company at all and workers mishandling account if and when they come to work
Product Manager-Institutional Wealth (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2017
Retail side had excellent training and managers did an excellent job of coaching, team building skills, and monthly meetings. Good support among branches and staff and Operations group communicated very well with staff.
Pros
Room for growth since it's local
Cons
Lack of training for Institutional Wealth positions
Unprofessional
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2017
Most unprofessional office I have ever worked in. Constant loud chatter over cube tops. No respect for co-workers. Management had no respect for employees and was very unprofessional.
Pros
Assigned parking
Cons
Mediocre Pay and Poor Working Conditions. Branch Management very unprofessional.
Bank of America
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2017
Bank of America was one of my first jobs and the only bank I have worked for. Its a face paced fun and easy going environment with great benefits. I enjoy counting money.
Productive and supportive work environment
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2017
Management and operations are focused on helping you succeed in your business. Great employee benefits. Several flexible locations scattered around the area.
Buen ambiente pero poco conocimiento general de los ejecutivos
CRA Officer- VP Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2017
Tremenda oportunidad, la cual desafortunadamente fue limitada por la falta de involucracion de la gerencia ejecutiva, la cual no tiene mucho conocimiento del area de cargo.
Pros
Mucha libertad de manejar las responsabilidades, dia a dia
Cons
Falta de conocimiento del area a cargo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOK Financial. Our community is ready to answer.