Bolivar Medical Center Employee Reviews

Accounting Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 30, 2017
I loved my internship. I was able to learn everything in their department. I interacted with the controller, a/p clerk, a/r clerk, payroll clerk, and the staff accountant. I learned something from each one of those positions. Management was great. I answered to the controller but the CFO was completely involved as well. They were pleasant people. The workplace culture was easy going, fun, and not stressful at all. The hardest part of the job was learning the system initially. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the woman and learning from them. They allowed me to learn everything.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
It was only an internship that didn't last.
Management is horrible
Er Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 28, 2017
I worked as a ER Clerk for 6 months. The job itself was not the problem. I enjoyed the job and my coworkers.The supervisor over the ER department is horrible and very unprofessional. I've never seen anything like it! The lady is pathetic and very lazy. If she could be removed from this department the department will really see a difference.
Cons
Poor management skills, very messy
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 29, 2016
This facility is large for the area in which it is located. The Nurse/patient ratios are ridiculous, with as many as 10 med-surg patients at a time. That may not sound like a lot. But that was total patient care. They often canceled shifts if the census was low. The first shifts canceled were CNAs of course. Which leaves an RN/LPN passing meds, hanging IVs/blood/plasma, and doing routine basic care, processing orders and charting, by themselves. They do offer a higher rate of pay, but there is more work than one person can handle in a 12 hour shift.
Excellent work place
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 14, 2016
I really loved working there. Working in the hospital was different and fun. It really brought out the compassion in me. I've learned the importance of keeping these confidential. I've learned medical terms and how to work with patients with physical problems.
Messy environment!!!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 15, 2015
CNA's are always getting too much of a workload of patients without adequate help. Sometimes handling 30 patients alone. If you are hired for one particular department, you will be placed on Med/Surgery without warning and will make you work there even though that is not where you was assigned when first hired. The patient matrix will result in you having low census days much too often as well at this hospital. Nursing staff must be greatly improved when it comes to listening to their Nurses and CNA's. Need to get rid of some of the messy older nurses who have the attitude of entitlement who belittle and are disrespectful to some nurses and aides. Could give everyone annual raises for the hard work that their nurse and aides do.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low census, not working in assigned areas, more help for cnas.
Good place to work.
Registered Nurse, Charge (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 9, 2015
Good co-workers
Love the patients in the Delta.
Great Manager
Short Staff at times.
Gained experience and knowledge in Labor & Delivery and Nursery
12 hour days
long commute to work
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Long commute to work
Great Atmosphere
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed this job very much. I had the chance to meet many peoples of difference cultures and background. In this job capacity, one had a chance to provide assistance to the ill and etc.

Working in a hospital setting is very informative, you can acquire, gain and learn many skills to help you interact with the general public
Productive, good work environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 10, 2014
I've gain knowledge to better advance me further in life, now I've decided to go back to school.
Bolivar Medical Center is a great place to work, co workers are like family. Staff cares about each other and their customers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSApril 30, 2014
Hard work but that's what we are paid for. Learning experience will prepare you for larger hospital work environments. Hardest part of job is getting everyone to be on the same page as far as change goes. Some are used to old ways and do not want to move forward. Enjoyable part is everyone is like family.
Pros
compensation, coworkers
Cons
Decision making can be anti nurse a lot of times but that universal
Good job!
ER Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSFebruary 26, 2014
Great new learning experience for me!! I enjoyed working with my co workers. They were very helpful and informative.
Hospital
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 17, 2013
Busy Hospital with very active Laboratory. Busy Emergency Room
I ejoyed the facility but could not switch to days.
Staff RN OB/GYN Unit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MissAugust 15, 2013
I applied for several day positions but was not selected for these positions. Seven 12 hour shifts in a row got to be too long for me.
Working nights has an effect on my family life and I wish to change that.
I felt I was doing private duty for 5 to 8 patients. No clerical help and
no non-liscense help as night is the skeleton crew.
Pros
Shift pay was great. 7 days off was great.
Cons
No break as I was the only one to care for my patients.
Bolivar Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 6, 2013
Bolivar Medical Center offers advancement in positions, great patient care and retirement.
Pros
Offers great physician care throughout the Mississippi Delta
Cons
I really can not state any
Has double standards
ICU/Med Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 26, 2013
Extremely short staffed. Acquity of patients not taken into account when staffing in done. All staff are not treated the same for the same offence. Loved most of the staff I worked with, Giving my patients the best care possible was the greatest part of my profession. The inequality between staff member treatment was the hardest part of my job.
Poor and Uncaring Management
Former Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MsSeptember 25, 2012
The management is not very supportive of staff. Not enough orientation provided. They expect you to swim or drown. The Patient to Nurse, workload is too high. Have to work without a PCT or a CNA a lot.
Cons
overworked
great learning experience
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 20, 2012
typical day: fun
learned: that if you think asking a question is dumb ask anyway,better to be safe than sorry and regret later
management: excellent
co workers: great crew
hardest part of job: keeping work ethics up
the most enjoyable part of job: was learning new things,opportunity to advance and pursue other options
The leadership of Bolivar Medical Center was great.
Hospital Information Systems, Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 8, 2012
The Administrative team was outstanding (especially the CFO) and very open to ideas. Forward thinking and allowed for one to truly grow. All the departments seemed to get along well and like any place, when there was disputes, the leadership team allow the issues to be communicated and resolve cordially.
Pros
leadership, forward thinking, great doctors and staff, college town, great staff, food around town was great
Cons
not much to do for an adult aged person.