Bolt Express Employee Reviews

Streesfull
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
They changed management to regular. The dispatchers were poorly trained in conducting there duties. Payroll was incorrect and had to dispute payroll to get correct amount.
Great company if you have a positive attitude
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
If you show up with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills and apply yourself, you will enjoy being a part of this team.

The hardest part of the job is that we are providing customers with transportation services for shipments that have very little room for error. The customer is already anxious and sometimes angry by the time they have to call us for help. It can be challenging but our drivers are awesome and we are trained to find a solution for our customers no matter how difficult it may be. It can be very rewarding when you help someone out.

I have seen a lot of my coworkers get promoted over the past 5 years so there is definitely an opportunity for career advancement.

The management team is great and very supportive as long as you have a positive attitude and help your team in anyway you can. They also go out of their way to try and make this fun.

We have a lot of good people working here and driving for us!
Pros
Very positive work environment
Good place to work as a independent driver
Independent Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 2, 2017
I worked there as a owner operator from 10/2010 to 1/2017 and had my ups and downs but there was somebody there to talk to all the time. and if I could go back I would but I can not due to personnel reasons.
Pros
good dipatchers
Cons
not consistent
Great place overall and great supervisors
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 13, 2017
I love bolt! They gave me a chance with no prior experience and even went out of their normal schedule for shifts for me which was such a blessing because i wouldn't have been able to work there otherwise. My supervisor is awesome, and very knowledgeable with anything logistics. Fun atmosphere, of course every job is going to have a bad apple or to but for the most part everyone there are fun to work with and helpful. My only knock, is the pay. I match the pay here vs other logistic companies and it just doesn't add up. Besides that, i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good workers and mgmt, provides food(unless your 3rd shift, you get leftovers), laid back
Cons
pay, and requesting days off can be a hassle.
Not Good!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2017
Bolt Express is a terrible place to work. They will promise the world but you will realize day one on the job that you were misinformed. Managers care only about themselves and their job security. No direction, no mentoring, no training, no help period. If you are looking for a job with a bright future, Bolt Express is not the place.
Very bad company
Driver and owner operater (Former Employee) –  All over US.January 11, 2017
Bolt violates federal transportation safety rules. For example they are dishonest with mileage of a trip. One trip I took was more than 200 miles over what they claimed. This overage should have resulted in an additional 5 hours for rest but I was denied this. When I made them aware they punished me by making me wait on next load for 10 days. They also do not pay adequate per mile rates. I carry all the cost as an owner operator. They take all the profit. Avoid this company. I give them negative 5 stars.
Pros
.They offer pizza
Cons
Dishonest
Great work environment
Safety/Qualifications (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 21, 2016
This is a great company to work for, as long as you have a strong work ethic. Lots of room for growth, continuing education, development, and promotions. This company truly cares about its employees.
Pros
Upbeat, challenging, friendly environment
Cons
None (really!)
Piece of work not a good company
Tony Armstrong (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 14, 2016
Eat my pebis! No reson at all got fired probably because I didn't give it up been driving there for past 4 months. Put me in bad spot, do not recommend anyone working for them
The wrong company to work for
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 27, 2016
The whole company is a big scam and I suggest those job seekers not to apply for the company. Yes they are horrible when you hit the road but at the beginning is all good. Listen closely and forget the job.
Nice for road warrior types. Most dispatchers ok
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 10, 2016
Pick up freight, drop it off, not much to it except living on the road may be difficult for most. Airport pick ups and Ford Plant pick ups always had some complication. Dispatchers for most part were helpful. A couple were incompetent and aggressive to speak to.
Poor management and HIGH turnover
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 23, 2016
Senior management is an absolute joke... some mid level managers are okay. Turn over is incredibly high. Everything thing at Bolt Express is last minute and pretty frustrating. They try to make it a "nice working environment" with food and the occasional short day, but they would get a lot further if senior management practiced what they preached and paid fair wages. If you are looking for a job I would suggest that you don't plan to be there long or pursue another opportunity.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes...
Cons
Very poor senior management
This is a great company with great Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 5, 2016
They empower Employees.

They give the sense that they care.

There is alot of room for opportunity.

I have seen some of the best team work that I have experience anywhere.

I dont think they take terminations lightly - but this is a company that cherishes good attitude and culture and not everyone can fit into this enveironmwent.

Give Bolt a shot
Pros
Opportunity, Culture
Cons
Benefits are not great (not bad, Training could be improved
Company started out great butt
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2016
The company was great to work for until they let others make changes and make key personnel changes. Then they let you go because of restructuring of the department and do it via phone call which was not professional at all.How they are voted one of top work places is crazy because they will walk people out at any time and turn over is high.
Very bad company
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 1, 2016
they withheld my final paycheck of 2500 dollars and i had to stay with friends and family for months to get back up on my feet
Satisfied thus far
Driver (Current Employee) –  Daleville, IN and Toledo, OHJune 21, 2016
I am just starting a new with Bolt Express so I have not really got the feel for this company as yet. All I'm saying now is that I like what I am hearing from this company and hopefully it will not be like most companies out their and feed you a lot of BS.
Pros
Do not know yet
Cons
Do not know yet
No room for advancement
Contractor Qualifactions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2016
Started out as a fun, family oriented atmosphere. Quickly turned extremely corporate, the executive team only looks out for themselves and does not value employees
Great team!
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bolt, mainly because my co-workers were amazing people. The Bolt team definitely becomes your second family.
Expediter Owner/Operator
Professional Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 27, 2016
This is a great company for Owner/Operators, especially for Sprinters and straight trucks. Lots of interaction with dispatch and room for negotiation of load pay.
Rapidly growing business with some management flaws
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2016
This company has some excellent employee-empowering fun events such as lunches out, monthly lunches in their Point Place office, and occasional events such as basketball and other sports contests or tournaments. The founders and CEO of this company are very friendly and generous people. However too many of their middle managers are unfriendly. Bolt is certainly growing rapidly, but has a very high turnover rate.
Pros
Free lunches, contests, and tournaments, great CEO and founders
Cons
Unfriendly managers
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 16, 2015
Really enjoyed working for bolt, but, felt that management didn't have my back when I needed them. I was always busy and my work showed my worth.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Management didn't have my back when I needed them